Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Control Paladin TGT

Sign in to follow this  

17 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments on our Legendary Control Paladin Deck for TGT.

You mention Aldor Peacekeeper in the guide but he's not listed in the deck? Is that a mistake?

Also wondering about the Aldor peacekeeper. Also, is it viable to cut one piloted golem for Cairne?

I'm having some tough time with those hunter aggro decks using this control deck. I'm usually going for muster for battle and shielded mini bot in the beginning but that doesn't help. Trying to pick of minions and use concecration or true silver by turn 4. It's usually over by round 9 or 10.

And of course those Priest are a pain... Hate that mind control card...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm having a fun time against the other classes, thanks a million for sharing!

Those are both quite bad matchups for this deck, it happens. Against Hunter you just need to mulligan for the cards you describe and aim to control the board as much as you can, but after a point, you will just lose if you keep playing from behind. You need to try and find a turn where you can push damage back to the Hunter and start to race them if you are able to get on the board.

Against Priest, the game is very much about Mind Control as you have identified. You need to bait them into using Mind Control on a card other than Tirion, or slam Tirion immediately on turn 8 so it can't be Mind Controlled. If they haven't used it yet, you need to hold onto Tirion, as getting that card Mind Controlled is simply death in that matchup.

I have a lot of trouble against face hunter. I just get rushed down and even if i look for those early game cards like shielded minibot and muster for battle i still get rushed by turn 5 or 6. Any help with this matchup?

Love the deck with the other matchups keep up the good work.

This is quite a slow grindy deck, so fast decks like Face Hunter will punish you, that's pretty much their role in the metagame. Every deck will have its bad matchups.

• Like 1

I found the acolytes very hard to use, especially as there is only one peacekeaper in this deck. Any suggestions on how to use them correctly / arguments that explain the inclusion instead of e.g. Azure drake or a more stable 3 Mana minion?

Sorry to push this back on the first page. Any chance you could comment on the Acolytes in this deck, Sottle? (Or someone else experienced with this deck) Thanks!

Edited by Horn

Synergy with Aldor is the most common reason for their inclusion, you need a nice curve with The Coin of Acolyte into Aldor on the guy they play to contest your Acolyte. It's also a stopgap drop early against aggro decks with small minions like Creeper. It is a flexible card though, you can change one for a Mind Control Tech or Coghammer, or both if you like.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aleco
      A callback to Annoy-o-Tron, this new Mech card could be a serious player in the meta.

Episode 2 of "Enter Boom Labs" has revealed another new Magnetic card from The Boomsday Project, called Annoy-o-Module:

A callback to Annoy-o-Tron, this guy gains Magnetic and 1/2 worth of stats for just 2 Mana! The stats and keywords this card instantly adds to another Mech seem quite strong when you compare it to Blessing of Kings, which adds 2 more Attack to a minion but does not add Divine Shield and Taunt. This card isn't awful when played on it's own, and it plays well in a deck with Corpsetaker. Annoy-o-Module checks enough for boxes for me, and I full expect it to see play in the upcoming meta.
      Episode 2 of "Enter Boom Labs" is short but sweet, and you can watch the full video right here:

Do you think Annoy-o-Module impact the game as much as Annoy-o-Tron did? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.
    • By Aleco
      Use Mini-Rag to destroy enemy minions and level up your"Wow!" emote in this week's Tavern Brawl.

In celebration of The Midsummer Fire Festival, this week's Tavern Brawl is all about Ragnaros, Lightlord. Well, Mini-Rag to be more specific:

A 2/3 Ragnaros with Immune will start the game on one side of the board. At the end of each turn, Mini-Rag will deal 1 damage to a random target on the other side of the board for each Attack he has, then swap to the other side of the board. Each time he kills an enemy minion he will gain 1 Attack, growing in power as the game progresses.

Due to the sudden pressure that Mini-Rag applies to both players, I highly recommend playing an Aggro deck. I used Odd Rogue in my first game to take down an Odd Hunter. You could also play an anti-aggro deck to try and counter all the aggro decks running around, but be sure to play some self-healing such as Branching Paths or Healing Rain.

The Tavern Brawl will track how many minion kills that Mini-Rag racks up. After 8, 30, and 60 Minion kills, you will level up the fireworks in your "Wow!" emote. This is a returning Tavern Brawl from last year's festival, and your running total of Mini-Rag kills from last year's festival carries over to this year. Happy hunting!

• By Aleco
      Spoilers for The Boomsday Project will run from July 19th through July 31st.

The full spoiler schedule for The Boomsday Project was announced today on the PlayHearthstone blog. We'll be getting one more card reveal tomorrow, followed by two or more card reveals per day from July 23rd until July 31st. After that, we can expect an unannounced card reveal stream to spoil the final batch of cards in The Boomsday Project.
      The expansion is releasing on August 7th, so be sure to start saving your gold! The Midsummer Fire Festival offers double gold rewards for all quests completed from now until July 30th, and prereleases for the new expansion are available now.

The Boomsday Project: Card Reveal Schedule
      Week of July 15th (PDT)
      7/19 12PM

Week of July 22nd (PDT) 7/23 12PM 7/23 11PM   7/24 5AM 7/24 6AM 7/24 7AM 7/24 12PM 7/24 8PM 7/24 9PM 7/24 11PM 7/25 7AM 7/25 12PM 7/25 5:15PM 7/25 6PM 7/25 8PM   7/25 11PM 7/26 2AM
      7/26 5AM 7/26 7AM 7/26 12PM 7/26 11PM
      7/27 2AM 7/27 7AM 7/27 8AM 7/27 12PM
      7/27 8PM 7/27 11PM 7/28 7AM 7/28 12PM
      7/28 8PM 7/28 11PM  
      Week of July 29th (PDT)   7/29 7AM 7/29 11AM 7/29 12PM 7/29 8PM 7/29 11PM 7/30 2AM 7/30 5AM 7/30 7AM 7/30 12PM 7/30 6PM 7/30 8PM 7/30 11PM 7/31 5AM 7/31 6AM 7/31 7AM 7/31 12PM 7/3  9PM 7/31 11PM  
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Zoo Warlock guide.