FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Garrison Shipyard

Guest Moag

Shark tank has been discovered, its off the north side of tanaan jungle, drops off the boss mob savage whale shark, bring a raid group, its difficult to get due to the phasing!

Guest Geiri-Jaedenar

The Trained Shark Tank blueprint drops from the new whale shark to the northeast of tanaan

Guest Caelestos

I can confirm the Ghostly spyglass does drop from the captain however it is not a 100% chance.  A group of three of us killed it and only one of us got it.

Guest Draelnor

Murloc Crew found aboard Destroyer "Mrgrggrgl Mark III"

As well as Submarine "Brgrggrgl Mark II".

Thanks guys for all the comments! The guide has been updated for your comments (I did update the Ghostly Spyglass and the Tank Shark Tank on my own though). Sorry I couldn't do the other fixes earlier smile.png

Guest wcked

"Shipyard maximum number of ships has been increased by 1 for Tiers 1 and 2, allowing for 6/8/10 active ships at Tiers 1/2/3."

Regarding the "optimal ship setup"-part smile.png

Guest Primal-Draenor

now that we have 8 slots for ships, what should be the 8th ship ?

Guest Ferrocene

Once you have obtained the blueprint for Ghostly Spyglass from killing Captain Ironbeard and triggered the quest, when you hand the quest in at your Shipyard, the Ghostly Spyglass will be available from the Naval Equipment vendor.

Guest DrumsOfWar

Regarding re-rolling common quality ships, I would say do it unless you get undead/human crew. For the legendary missions you will want all your ships to have undead/human crew to increase your chances when fighting Expert Commanders. I think you would have to be extremelly lucky to both get undead crew AND rare/epic quality.

Ideal setup would be:

Tauren/Worgen: destroyer x1 (for leveling other ships faster)

Murloc: sub x1 (for sub and transport missions)

Undead/Human: sub x1, destroyer x1, battleship x2, carrier x1 (legendary missions)

The last two legendary missions are the hardest but you can get 100% on "In Hot Pursuit" and 91% on "Boarding the Master's Call" (with 1 slot free on every ship for unsinkable so you can repeat until sucessful) with this setup.

A carrier costs 50 resources and 200 oil.  It also takes 2 hours to complete.

Any tips on a fleet composition when you hit level 3 and get 10 slots?

Thanks

Guest Primal

Any tips on a fleet composition when you hit level 3 and get 10 slots?

Thanks

Guest Razorchopper

Great guide with one GLARING omission. Level 3 fleet composition please.

Guest Dead123

I'm also really curious about the 10 ship setup wink.png for now I have the 1-3-3-1 setup as listed here +2 carriers just incase smile.png thanks for the guide

I updated the guide for the 10-ship and 8-ship setups some time ago (and admittedly a few days about the hotfix). I also updated the Ghostly Spyglass part.

Regarding the legendary missions, I won't go into more details, because I think that there is no point spending days building and discarding ships just to get exactly the right ones with the right crews. I think it's better to try it with whatever you got and rebuild if you fail (with >90% chance of success, the chances of failing twice in a row are extremely low).

Wait so... is the guide seriously saying have 4 destroyers and ZERO carriers? That... seems wrong :/.

The Awakener is both a Carrier and a Destroyer. I added a note to clear that up.

Guest Naidy

The "Boarding Masters Call" part is kinda bs. You get it done faster, if you just go with the best effort you can make and throw your ships at the missions even if its only 70%+ chance instead of weeks of farming before... A ship is a ressource. You use them, they die, you build new ones. Done.

The "Boarding Masters Call" part is kinda bs. You get it done faster, if you just go with the best effort you can make and throw your ships at the missions even if its only 70%+ chance instead of weeks of farming before... A ship is a ressource. You use them, they die, you build new ones. Done.

Sure, but the guide was written with people who wanted to get it done ASAP in mind. And by the time those people reached that mission, they had all they needed to get the success chance over 95%. If you have time, they sure, you can afford wasting attempts.

Guest Carnys

Great guide, Battleship Blueprint was reduced from Honored to Friendly with VP/HotP

Do you have a recommended equipment distribution you could share? I'm done with the legendary quests, so I'm just looking for a setup for all of the other missions.