GorakhEU 0 Report post Posted October 4, 2015 Ohh I am wondering, do you or does anyone know what dps would be acceptable for my gear lvl on average? And.. is weak auras an add-on I should be looking into to make a warlock's life a little easier? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted October 4, 2015 (edited) Well so many aspects effect DPS especially fight length, trinkets, ring, weapon and so on. However, 50th percentile for Destro on Zakuun is about 43k for your item level bracket. If you check out the rankings for each fight you can see your performance for your item level. Best person to compare yourself with though is yourself. Oh and if you played Affliction you would probably do a lot better on a fight like that. Edited October 4, 2015 by spikeysquad Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liarparadox 5 Report post Posted October 4, 2015 Yeah, comparing yourself to others is inevitable, and can be quite profitable; but the more you change about the raiding environment, the more difficult it is to interpret the data in a useful way; not that it's impossible or crazy harder, but harder. For example, even raid comp goes a long way to impacting dps. So comparing yourself week to week, all gear being the same, if your comp is different you may find your dps greatly differs, even with similar uptimes and use of procs; fight length, add survival time, execute time, and so on will all be impacted by raid comp, that will have a big impact on locks picking off adds or having to target swap and so on. Weak auras may be the single best add on in the entire game. No joke. I can't, off the top of my head, think of anything that would be better for dps. it's an extremely powerful add on that is a complete game changer. Use it ASAP. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted October 7, 2015 Played Demo last night on Hellfire Assault, Kormrok, and Kilrogg. Hoping anyone can supply some input on things I could do better since I have not played Demo for awhile and not sure how to optimize the new tier set. Warcraft Logs Thank you. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nagratz 0 Report post Posted October 12, 2015 Ok, I'm clearly not managing chaos bolts well. I'm having a problem on Mannoroth and Xhul. Here's a parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AYLkNfhmy62aM3t1 How do you other destro locks manage to fire off so many chaos bolts (When I pug with other locks, I'm firing almost half as they are). I'm trying to use havoc on cd. Should I be trying for more F&B CBs? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted October 12, 2015 Hello Nagratz! I noticed a couple things and I hope this helps. Try getting more Shadowburn snipes off, because that will automatically regenerate two embers. Also, your Immolate uptime could be considerably higher. Make sure you are refreshing that in Pandemic range, as critical Immo ticks generate embers. I noticed were that you have less conflagrate casts than you could have. Capping these is not a good idea, as they give you the backdraft buff. This buff decreases the cast time of either Incinerate or Chaos Bolt. Chaos Bolt takes three charges of the buff while Incinerate only takes one. So make sure while you have the buff you use it on your Incinerates to generate embers more quickly. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted October 12, 2015 For Drkdragon, Do you currently have the class trinket? If so I would highly recommend using that as the imps it spawns will generate more fury and help you keep your Demon Rush buff up longer. Your Corruption and Doom uptimes should be close to 90% (once again, more Fury) Also, save your Doomguard/Second pot for when you come up from the Visions on Kilrogg. If you play Demonbolt, I'd suggest taking Glyph of Dark Soul and popping it every time you have a DB dump. As far as Kormrok goes, your Cataclysm damage is everything. Make sure you precast it on the hands so the damn Warriors don't Brostorm them to death. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted October 12, 2015 As far as Kormrok goes, your Cataclysm damage is everything. Make sure you precast it on the hands so the damn Warriors don't Brostorm them to death. I love this line lol. I did not have my class trinket then but I just got it so hopefully that will help some this week. I think most of it is I am just very rusty on the spec and hopefully it will come back to me. Just wanted to make sure there where no new tips and tricks with the new gear. Thank you for your reply. I will work on those points! -Drk Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Nagratz 0 Report post Posted October 12, 2015 Hello Nagratz! I noticed a couple things and I hope this helps. Try getting more Shadowburn snipes off, because that will automatically regenerate two embers. Also, your Immolate uptime could be considerably higher. Make sure you are refreshing that in Pandemic range, as critical Immo ticks generate embers. I noticed were that you have less conflagrate casts than you could have. Capping these is not a good idea, as they give you the backdraft buff. This buff decreases the cast time of either Incinerate or Chaos Bolt. Chaos Bolt takes three charges of the buff while Incinerate only takes one. So make sure while you have the buff you use it on your Incinerates to generate embers more quickly. Thanks! I'll try those things. Who do you keep Immolate up on? Just Mannoroth / Xhul? Or do you bother with adds (they die so fast). Also, do you ever use F&B on the Mannorth fight? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted October 12, 2015 (edited) I think most of it is I am just very rusty on the spec and hopefully it will come back to me. Just wanted to make sure there where no new tips and tricks with the new gear. I actually haven't played Demo in a few months and I plan on using it for a couple early Mythic bosses this week just as a refresher. If I stumble across any other tricks, I'll let ya know! Edited October 12, 2015 by Curinir Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted October 12, 2015 No clue why that post looks completely white to me. What was meant to be said is: I actually haven't played Demo in a few months and I plan on using it for a couple early Mythic bosses this week just as a refresher. If I stumble across any other tricks, I'll let ya know!" Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted October 12, 2015 For Nagratz, I just keep Immo up on the boss. On Xhul if either Akkelion or Omnus is up, I Immolate them, too. As far as FnB goes on Mannoroth, I do not use it simply due to my guild's disgusting ability to cleave like gods. (3 Hunters, 2 Warriors, and 2 Rogues will make you sick) If I were in a different group comp I would definitely FnB on the imps. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twinkielock 15 Report post Posted October 21, 2015 Could someone please take a look at Xhul'horac and see why I suck so bad? (For destro) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y491AKgaWVzLrNkH/# Thanks Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted October 21, 2015 Could someone please take a look at Xhul'horac and see why I suck so bad? (For destro) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y491AKgaWVzLrNkH/# Thanks I think one of the things you can work on is your FnB usage. For example you had 41 casts of FnB Incinerate but only 118 hits. Now assuming that some of those casts hit 4 to 5 enemies that means that quite a few of those casts only hit 1 or 2. This is throwing away embers that could be used for regular and Havoc'd Chaos Bolts. You Chaos Bolt count over all is really low actually. You had 4 casts and 4 hits while the other lock in your group had 25 casts with 30 hits. It's nice to see that burst dps from FnB but don't forget your big bolt of death and the damage it can do, specially with Havoc. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Lamborguineapig 0 Report post Posted October 25, 2015 Hello, I've got the hang of my rotation but still somehow I lack in dps and usually I hit around 35k on average and the lowest will get to is 30k. I need some help to increase my damage output. Here's my recent raid log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jtKfpLAPNXBk263Z#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=65 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Axxym 2 Report post Posted October 25, 2015 Hello, I've got the hang of my rotation but still somehow I lack in dps and usually I hit around 35k on average and the lowest will get to is 30k. I need some help to increase my damage output. Here's my recent raid log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jtKfpLAPNXBk263Z#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=65 Hey Dolorossa, I looked quick at Iskar. Compared you to the other Warlock in your group. I know he's got higher iLvl, but just look at the casts/actions: Judabee: 52 CB casts for 53 hits; 10 FnB CB casts for 56 hits; 11 SB casts for 13 hits; 4 Havoc casts Dolorossa: 24 CB casts for 24 hits; 9 FnB CB casts for 41 hits; 9 SB casts for 9 hits; 3 Havoc casts For some reason you're not copying any spells with Havoc - perhaps you continue to hit the same target or you're staying in FnB while Havoc is up. But either way, one of the main differences is copied CBs and SBs. The main difference though is obviously the number of CB - he casts twice as many as you, which seems to be an ember generation/management issue. Maybe it's the difference between T18 4pc and not, I don't know. But you do seem to sit on 4 embers quite a bit, so remember not to cap. Feel free to cast CB when you get to 3.5 embers and as many as you can under important procs. You should also try to line up your Doomguard with Timewarp and your 2nd potion. And as a side note, you should think about using Glyph of Eternal Resolve with Soul Link instead of Sacrifical Pact. Overall this will make it easeir on your healers and is recommended for every encounter unless there's something specific you have to soak. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twinkielock 15 Report post Posted October 28, 2015 Another week. A bit under the weather plus my dog was bouncing off the walls. Could I please get a review on this fight? Thanks https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LvqwgKxbQpm7DTBP/#fight=11 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Axxym 2 Report post Posted October 28, 2015 Another week. A bit under the weather plus my dog was bouncing off the walls. Could I please get a review on this fight? Thanks https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LvqwgKxbQpm7DTBP/#fight=11 The main difference between you and Sargiean is he gets a lot more out of F&B CB. (18 casts for 92 hits vs. your 11 casts for 53 hits). He's also getting good use out of the class trinket on this fight - probably one of the only encounters in this instance where you'd play destruction AND use the class trinket. I see he's using F&B Incinerate quite a bit whereas you're not using it at all. So he's basically building up Flamelicked stacks on the AoE packs, and launching F&B CB into them when he has 3+ embers, which are doing more damage because of the increased crit. Then the increased crit helps him build more embers faster to continue his F&B CB onslaught. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted October 28, 2015 Another week. A bit under the weather plus my dog was bouncing off the walls. Could I please get a review on this fight? Thanks https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LvqwgKxbQpm7DTBP/#fight=11 To add to what Axxym said, PoF and UGS are not good trinkets to use on this fight (or ever with Destruction). You should definitely invest some time into obtaining a Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia and a Mythic Goren Soul Repository. Also, as Axxym said, Class Trinket is great on this fight. If you are having trouble with the Fire and Brimstone rotation there is a decent guide to it on this website in the Destruction Warlock tab. Also, here is a very good video guide to FnB recently put out by Pyromancer. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twinkielock 15 Report post Posted November 4, 2015 I must have missed your responses and I was still using the old bad trinkets. I've since changed them. The class trinket still evades me. That being said I think I might want to go back to my old staple which is affliction. What are the best trinkets for that? (besides the class trinket) Thanks Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted November 4, 2015 For Affliction I use DSI and Class Trinket. But since Class Trinket is unavailable to you, I'd suggest using Iron Reaver Piston or Darmac's Mythic from last tier. If you have neither of those, then Unblinking Gaze of Sethe isn't terrible, but just mind your positioning. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twinkielock 15 Report post Posted November 28, 2015 With ilevel updated trinkets is Goren still the way to go? I finally have my class trinket (heroic version). I still don't have Iron Piston but I do have DSI. Seems like the way to go for both Destro and Aff is DSI/Class. Is this correct? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted November 28, 2015 For Aff run DSI/Class trinket. The new heirloom trinket may be good in fights vs. demons, I plan to test that Sunday. For Destro, always keep DSI equipped. Your second trinket will change depending on the fight. I use the Class trinket for Reaver, Kormrok, Kilrogg, Socrethar (if tunneling boss), and Iskar. The heirloom trinket for Gorefiend, Velhari, Zakuun, Xhul'horac (Akkelion and the imps are demons), Mannoroth, and Archimonde. The final trinket I use is Sandman's Pouch. It is used on Assault, Council, and Socrethar (if soloing adds). For Demo (in case you ever want to play it) the combo I am sticking with is DSI/Class trinket. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twinkielock 15 Report post Posted November 28, 2015 Thanks for all the help! One more question. I know it's just a tool, but why does AMR love Unblinking Gaze of Sethe It is practically yelling at me to upgrade that and use it. I know everyone says not to use it but just wondering why? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Curinir 4 Report post Posted November 29, 2015 AMR is really bad for gear optimization. Especially for trinkets. With UGoS, it sees all the passive Intellect and values it above all trinkets except for the class trinket-- which is automatically set to BiS, which is definitely not true for many specs in the game. I would stay away from AMR and just use Simcraft for gear comparison. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites