Axxym 2 Report post Posted January 29, 2016 Use your Demonic Circle on your soak spot and then your gateway if necessary to get to your soak spot quickly. You should be opening by pre-casting a SB:Haunt and getting your DoTs up right away and then you at least have a few channels of Drain Soul. It's ok if you wait till he leaps back when lust is cast to use your Dark Soul and Doomguard, but the logs look like you just got your DoTs up and stood there for a good while. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Alben74 0 Report post Posted February 5, 2016 Dear fellow locks, i am approaching Mithic HFC where i have some 40 wipes only with Reaver and Kormrok only atm. WoD is my first exp ever and i managed to learn Demo first (HM and BRF) and Affli (HFC) all with decent results up to Heroic lvl. My problem today is that i am not fast enought to deal with the quick "sniping" necessary to perform well with destro and therefore i would like to understand if Demo is viable in Mithic in those few fights (Assault for example) where affli really struggles to the point that no pug is taking me in for the fight. Thx for any help! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
lazer1100 0 Report post Posted February 10, 2016 First time posting but have used site for quite a while for assistance and guidance. I'm currently getting back into raiding after taking a extended break from the game. I'm currently playing aff/destro and I'm a 711 ilvl equipped, I seem to be lower every fight than the other raiding warlock even though on some fights my dot up time seems really good. I'm just looking for some pointers to help me get better damage output and dps. Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Deighan/simple Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DhcNp2MaqPHWV89K Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Axxym 2 Report post Posted February 11, 2016 Dear fellow locks, i am approaching Mithic HFC where i have some 40 wipes only with Reaver and Kormrok only atm. WoD is my first exp ever and i managed to learn Demo first (HM and BRF) and Affli (HFC) all with decent results up to Heroic lvl. My problem today is that i am not fast enought to deal with the quick "sniping" necessary to perform well with destro and therefore i would like to understand if Demo is viable in Mithic in those few fights (Assault for example) where affli really struggles to the point that no pug is taking me in for the fight. Thx for any help! Regarding Destro, you should have enemy nameplates that highlight/spotlight and/or change colour and grow when an add is <20% health. Then with a mouseover macro for Shadowburn you can eliminate target switching and it should be a bit easier to get some snipes in. Regarding Demo, it certainly performs well below Destro and Affliction at the moment but you can probably get away with playing any spec you want at this point. Really not recommended as you'll be able to get a lot more out of Destro/Aff, but if you're really set on it then go for it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Axxym 2 Report post Posted February 11, 2016 First time posting but have used site for quite a while for assistance and guidance. I'm currently getting back into raiding after taking a extended break from the game. I'm currently playing aff/destro and I'm a 711 ilvl equipped, I seem to be lower every fight than the other raiding warlock even though on some fights my dot up time seems really good. I'm just looking for some pointers to help me get better damage output and dps. Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Deighan/simple Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DhcNp2MaqPHWV89K You should be playing with the talents Grimoire of Sacrifice and Haunting Spirits. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tergos 0 Report post Posted June 24, 2016 Hello, fellow warlocks. I'm definitely in need of your help. I know of one my rotation problem - i do not use havoc. but some days ago i met another warlock in the hellfire citadel and saw him doing massively more damage. in PVP spec... Well, i had to post here and ask for your help. What am i doing wrong besides havoc? my armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/азурегос/Тергос/advanced his armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/азурегос/Пламенный/advanced logs from that run - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/28vrM4XY7aKtw9Gy#fight=70&type=summary Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted June 26, 2016 Tergos, with no set bonuses and your ilvl I would make a couple changes to your talents. Go with Grimoire of Supremacy and Demonic Servitude. Get that big bad terror guard out and he will help a lot. Also your activity numbers seem to be a bit low. Follow the A.B.C.s of dps. Always - Be - Casting. Those are two quick tips for you. When you get some set bonuses going then hit up the grim: Sac and CR. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tergos 0 Report post Posted July 3, 2016 Changed talents for the demon, got two pieces of tier, then switched back to sac + CR. Looks like dps is better now. Many thanks. Any suggestions how to improve further? armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/азурегос/Тергос/advanced new logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ARjtrgPKHbvFxGLp https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6B4TVfdRmabJD9C7 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drkdragon 9 Report post Posted July 5, 2016 On 7/3/2016 at 5:20 AM, Tergos said: Changed talents for the demon, got two pieces of tier, then switched back to sac + CR. Looks like dps is better now. Many thanks. Any suggestions how to improve further? armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/азурегос/Тергос/advanced new logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ARjtrgPKHbvFxGLp https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6B4TVfdRmabJD9C7 Make sure Advanced Combat Logging is enabled. We will be able to get a lot more from the logs that way. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tergos 0 Report post Posted July 7, 2016 like this? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ax4ZayL8gGnR6dKb But i've died a lot :( Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Czaan 0 Report post Posted September 6, 2016 Have dreadstalkers become viable in the rotation for DEMO or are we still only casting imps? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
jitbtwin52 0 Report post Posted September 10, 2016 I have been having a pretty specific problem with my DPS. Really two problems. My DPS on single or dual target is alright at first, I get to 150k, 160k, but then drops. With AOE, my DPS is pretty much gone, and any fights that are movement heavy things get even worse. Dropping to 70 or 80k. One thing I have been noticing, is my Shard production seems very low. I main destruction, and I cannot maintain eradication at all. I never really find myself with an abundance of soul shards, and they don't develop fast enough before the debuff drops, and it sometimes takes even longer before I get enough shards. I also tried affliction, and my DPS was even worse. With affliction though, I haven't really done as much with my artifact, and I currently have not gotten any relics for it. I am pretty sure I messed up my path with my destruction artifact, and am currently saving artifact power to refund the points and focus it more, but I see some different opinions on doing that. Some sources will say it does not make that big a difference, and some say we are heavily dependent on it. I don't have a lot of access to my information at the moment, as I am at work. But it is a slow day so I thought I would spend more time researching this issue. I've been grouped with a Warlock that had lower lvl gear at 110 and in the same spec, he out DPS'ed me. The only big advantage I saw that he had was his artifact was ilvl 855, mine is only 809. Any help would be great. I know with affliction I need to beef up my artifact more, but as destruction I can tell I can do better. My average rotation as destruction on bosses is I open with immolate and two conflags, then I pop my artifact ability, doomguard and servitude Imp cooldown, sometimes I have a shard to pop a chaos bolt, sometimes I don't so I incinerate before I conflag and chaos bolt at that point. from there I do my best to maintain eradication as much as I can, while keeping immolate on target and popping cooldowns as they become available. Some fights I am able to keep eradication up a lot longer but midway through, my shard production just fizzles. Also, for affliction, I have zero shard generation, so maintaining unstable affliction is flat out impossible, not sure how to adjust that. Character name is Laetianna, server is Stonemaul. Sadly armory is not seeming to fully update with some of my gear upgrades from last night. I don't know how to show my current artifact path from work, but when I get home I could make a screen shot. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Valks 2,407 Report post Posted September 11, 2016 16 hours ago, jitbtwin52 said: Character name is Laetianna, server is Stonemaul. Sadly armory is not seeming to fully update with some of my gear upgrades from last night. I don't know how to show my current artifact path from work, but when I get home I could make a screen shot. The best thing you can do in this situation is provide a log of yourself playing as each spec. We can then assess if it is a rotation or playstyle issue, as well as what you can improve. If you don't know how to record a log, Zagam's guide is a bit old but still does the job. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
PatrickHenry 293 Report post Posted September 15, 2016 On 9/10/2016 at 0:56 PM, jitbtwin52 said: I also tried affliction, and my DPS was even worse. With affliction though, I haven't really done as much with my artifact, and currently have not gotten any relics for it. I am pretty sure I messed up my path with my destruction artifact, and am currently saving artifact power to refund the points and focus it more, but I see some different opinions on doing that. Some sources will say it does not make that big a difference, and some say we are heavily dependent on it One of the most painful things you can do, is go to a spec you're not advanced in (talents, level, iLvl, etc..) or much worse, to a class you normally don't play, and expect reasonable results, either in raw numbers or overall. Specs have differing playstyles, just like differing classes, anymore. Affliction being notably worse, with its rampup time and relatively low number / strength of offensive cooldowns, especially on short duration fights. ie. dont expect numbers of a similarly geared Afflic to match a Destro on anything short. Your rampup time is going to kill you. When you note that your weapons are not equally matched (which is half the battle this expansion, honestly.) My suggestion is stick with the spec youre liking the most, and work on it that way. Have you watched youtube videos? Honestly, the people who theorycraft it can get the numbers and the 'priorities,' but seeing it in action from a good video can do wonders. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Thesixthman 0 Report post Posted September 21, 2016 Hello Everyone, I have posted in this thread before back in the HM/BRF days. So, here I am again seeking guidance early in the expansion. I am currently a Demonology warlock raiding with Invoke on Arthas that is currently pushing top 50 US progression guilds. I consider myself to be a fairly competent raider and reliable warlock. However, this expansion, more than any other, leaves me scratching my head. Tonight at launch of the Emerald Dream we started with heroics first. Like most raid leaders, they stressed the importance on mechanics and not DPS. So for the first 9 attempts I was very low on damage taken and ranging from top 5 on damage done to 17; this number purely dictated by mechanics and positioning. After 9 pulls I was removed along with another DPS. I was told that my DPS was a bit too low. I looked at logs and I admit that it can definitely approve which is why I'm here obvious. I do think my damage taken was very professional and the way I handled mechanics was very good as well. The reason I am here is because i have a feeling one of two things is wrong; my opening sequence, or itemization. At the time the below logs were recorded and time I raided tonight my iLvL was 853. After running some sims and changing it up I am currently sitting at 848, but sim higher than I did at 853. However, after removing me and that other DPS they killed Nythenrda in 3 attempts; the first attempt should have been a kill, but the server crashed. Then they went on to clear 3/7 Heroic. So clearly I feel like I am to blame to some degree and I can't accept that. I was invited back for attempts on Elerethe Renfernal (ER). During the time I had between the first and fourth boss I lowered my iLvL from 853 to 848 in favor of better itemization. I still seemed to do poor DPS on ER. I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any help from the community as I look to be the best I can be and continue to be apart of the top 100 US progression. LOGS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tcGm4A1WjTKPQY8J#fight=2 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jdyzvqpANkwK76Ma#fight=13 ARMORY: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Thesixthman/simple **NOTE** I changed gear between Nythendra and ER. If there is any necessary information that I have left out PLEASE feel free to let me know. I am looking to fix my mistakes and be ready for the rest of this full heroic clear starting tomorrow night. Thanks again, guys! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
kingjaraxxus 0 Report post Posted September 22, 2016 First run of the night with a relatively casual guild got Nyth down in under 10 pulls! That is a win. I checked the logs and in comparison to other Demo Locks I look miles behind. My Thalkiels are looking low as well... I try to Main pet(1) Doomguard(1) Dreads(4 with talent) 2 sets of imps(4+4) on pull. Thoughts on optimizing? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yhHf7YM364a9mkcK/#type=damage-done&fight=9&source=10 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
spikeysquad 50 Report post Posted September 23, 2016 There doesn't seem so many people about here now (or people are very busy doing their own raiding) so to everyone if you are serious about improving your performance long-term I really would advise learning how to read and compare logs. Here is a very basic guide to find some of the major issues in your play. Then later as you become more experienced you can look far deeper and at the specific issues. I have barely touched Affliction so I haven't bothered commenting on any abilities connected to that. Firstly, find an excellent parse with a kill time very similar to yours and go through each tab. On the Damage Done one compare the number of casts, hits (to see if you are casting but the mobs keep dying before the spell lands), % of damage and damage done (though this can vary somewhat depending on stats and item level) for each ability. Note down any issues. On Damage Taken see where you are failing the most compared to your raid. On Buffs (or Casts tab) check that you are using your Racial and Potions enough. Are they coinciding with BL/TW/other buffs? If Demo Check out overall Demonic Empowerment uptime. Under Debuffs check out DoT uptime for each relevant mob. Eradication (if using) and Havoc (if using) uptime. Resources Mana. Check that you do not OOM (unless using Mana Tap then make sure you are not spamming Life Tap). Soul Shards try to avoid getting to 5. Once you get more handy with logs you can pin stuff and combine the graphs as example to show how many soul shards you have and whether say Eradication is active to see if you are missing possible casts. On the Casts tab just above the graph click on every ability name. Now are there gaps in your graph? If so then this is when you are casting nothing. Try to minimise those gaps. It is hard with our immobile specs now (well Demo and Destro anyhow) if we do have to move but this can be a significant loss of damage if we are standing there doing nothing. If you can work out how see if during those gaps how your mana is. Did you perhaps miss a tap? Now get rid of all the spells again apart from DoTs. Are you perhaps casting them too often and losing those GCDs? Sometimes though we will be casting the instant ones too early while on the move. If Demo pay special attention to Demonic Empowerment. Too many casts will cost you a lot as well in missed SB/DB casts and lost soul shards. Just above the Casts tab click on Events. Now compare your opener to guides. I am totally out of practice with log reading and I don't have the knowledge or experience yet in order to really look into Legion ones so I may have missed a lot of important abilities/factors. As some Demo examples like amount of mobs out for TKC, whether you casts summons together when you can and whether you cast DE after each summon. This should be a good start though so hope it helped. Good luck. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tipsynipple 0 Report post Posted September 29, 2016 (edited) I'm having problems with maintaining my dps throughout the raid. In 5 mans I always do really well but something about Normal/heroic raids im always bottom tier of the dps. Could someone analyze my dps and let me know if im doing something wrong. Im stacking Haste/crit and I feel like my rotation is solid. Thanks! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Tipsynipple/simple https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fyj7kQBC6WLwnvgd/#type=damage-done&source=16 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fyj7kQBC6WLwnvgd#fight=4&type=damage-done&source=16 Edited September 29, 2016 by Tipsynipple Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
schulerj 0 Report post Posted October 17, 2016 Hi I've struggling to pull decent dps numbers through the demonology spec, I have middle of the road gear, nothing super special. My iLvl is 831, and i have 15 levels put into the artifact weapon following the recommended pathways. Im aware of the stat priorities however i cannot seem to consistently keep 120k+ dps i usually average around 100k. Do i need more artifact power? is there something wrong with my gear or rotation? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! This might not be super up to date, but i'll drop it in anyways: http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/zul-jin/Schulerj General rotation i use: 1. call dreadstrikers 2. apply demonic empowerment 3.apply doom to targets 4. cast felguard off cooldown 5. apply demonic empowerment 6. summon doomguard on cooldown 7. apply demonic empowerment 8. demonbolt x 4 9. Hand of Gul'dan 10. demonic empowerment 11. Thal'kiel Consumption Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Lockybalboa 618 Report post Posted October 18, 2016 Post logs. Without logs there is basically nothing anyone can do to help you. Demo is very reliant on haste, until you get around 845+ with haste on all or almost all items your DPS will be a bit on the meh side. GoSyn > GoSup in basically everything. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twinkielock 15 Report post Posted October 19, 2016 Hello all, Looking for tips on the two single target fights. I know I had issues with the AOE fights (didn't have time to respec) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/x8KWJZtCwhPG13yD#fight=22https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/x8KWJZtCwhPG13yD#fight=31 Ranking about 50th percentile. Trying to up that. Any suggestions? Thanks Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Lockybalboa 618 Report post Posted October 19, 2016 Nyth (from start to death): Casts are in general low. 17 HoG, Imps did 755 casts, 10 Dreadstalkers, 4 TKC. For comparison last night in the same fight length I had 21 HoG, my imps cast 996 times, 12 Dreadstalkers, and 5 TKC. You had 85% uptime on Doom, that is very bad. #1 it means you're not getting enough HoG out and #2 it is a huge DPS loss from lack of DoT being up. If you're running around or something and can't get a HoG to refresh it, hard cast Doom. You're not capping on SS so my guess would be that you are leaving down time between each cast or that you are moving an excessive amount. Ursoc (start to 3:20 because 3:20 is what my fight time was): Same story basically, imps did 457 casts, 10 casts of Dreadstalkers, 4 TKC, 14 HoG, 88% Doom. I had 999 Imps, 11 Dreadstalker, 21 HoG, 96% Doom. Also, why are you taking Shadowy Inspiration? Demonic Calling is a good bit better. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twinkielock 15 Report post Posted October 19, 2016 5 minutes ago, Lockybalboa said: Also, why are you taking Shadowy Inspiration? Demonic Calling is a good bit better. I thought Inspiration was better due to the insta Shadow/Demon bolt which gives you the free shard. Did this change when we received our buff or starting with 3 shards? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Lockybalboa 618 Report post Posted October 19, 2016 Scales with haste, 20% per DB cast to get basically 2 free shards is amazing once you get enough haste. I don't remember the math off the top of my head but I think it is around 20-25% haste Demonic Calling pulls way ahead unless you are in a very high movement fight. And tbh if you're in a high movement fight you likely shouldn't be playing Demo anyways unless you don't have another option. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Twinkielock 15 Report post Posted October 19, 2016 (edited) Last time I looked with the 300 food I'm sitting at about 36-37% haste. If it procs does it reset the CD on Dreadstalkers? Edited October 19, 2016 by Twinkielock Share this post Link to post Share on other sites