FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

The Help My DPS Thread

Hello guys!

I've always played destro and now, due to some encounters im also playing aflic, but I believe that to both specs I am underperforming greatly =(

Here goes somes logs so, maybe, someone can point me in the right direction =)

Kargath mythic - Afflic - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gLrNJcVk9nXfh3y2#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=3

Went afflic for testing, I dont think that I went thaaaaat bad, but there is always room for improvement right? Specially being an spec that I am new to :)

Twins Mythic - Afflic - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gLrNJcVk9nXfh3y2#type=damage-done&source=3&fight=15

Ok, here things starts to get ugly... Really low dps, even trying to keep all dots up on both targets... Am i messing up with SB-Haunt? Not enought drain soul? Is there some addon to help with dot tracking? Or some macro to help with changing targets on this fight? I am away that some dots fall off sometimes... but working on this (Tab fails sometimes :3)

Butcher Heroic - Destro https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FcpRLKPrajfnA8zG#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=18

Help.... no clue what I am doing wrong T.T

Keeping immo up, CB only on dark soul or in procs, no adds miss snniping... =(

Brackenspores Heroic - Destro https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FcpRLKPrajfnA8zG#fight=11&type=damage-done&source=18

I am aware that I should get better shadowburns with havoc, but besides that, any other tip? :)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Shinfeli/simple

Thanks a lot guys!!!

I'm a bit confused. Looking at Butcher Heroic, I don't see Cataclysm, you didn't cast that many Chaos Bolts, and yet you were using the Observer...

Did you take a level 100 talent for this pull or did you simply summon the wrong pet? 

Immolate uptime is fine. Cooldown usage is great, second potion lined up nicely.

Chaos Bolt usage seems to be in line with those buffs, with a few also used on Weapon and Ring procs.

However, 11 chaos bolts and 4 shadowburns. D

First of all, don't use Shadowburn on single target. It's a DPS loss at the moment. It's only worth it if it crits, and in your case all 4 casts did NOT crit. You lost about 50k damage for each shadowburn, though I suppose you may have gained an extra couple of incinerates. Regardless, don't do this.

You also capped on embers a few times. Obviously you're using them with cooldowns / procs, but don't forget the most important rule of never sitting on max embers!

For Twin Ogron your Unstable Affliction uptime was horrendous; 76.16%. You need to keep this up a hell of a lot more. Looking deeper it becomes clear. On each boss you hovered at 55% uptime for UA, meaning most of the time you only had it up on one of them. Corruption was around 88% for each, and you also let Agony fall off as that was around 93% for each boss.

Seems like you aren't tracking your DoTs properly, and / or have trouble applying them to multiple targets. Take a look at my Mythic Twin Ogron video where I play Affliction, you can see how I use my boss frames from ElvUi to keep them up as close to 100% as I can. Sometimes boss goes out range, but I do my best to follow them. 

It is also 100% OK to reapply DoTs outside of Pandemic range, for example if you have to move or you know you will be moving for a while very shortly. Mostly this applies to Unstable Affliction. Try to refresh on both when he starts doing quake or will be dragged out for whirlwind etc.

Oh and you also forgot to summon your Terrorguard... derp.

I'm a bit confused. Looking at Butcher Heroic, I don't see Cataclysm, you didn't cast that many Chaos Bolts, and yet you were using the Observer...

Did you take a level 100 talent for this pull or did you simply summon the wrong pet? 

Immolate uptime is fine. Cooldown usage is great, second potion lined up nicely.

Chaos Bolt usage seems to be in line with those buffs, with a few also used on Weapon and Ring procs.

However, 11 chaos bolts and 4 shadowburns. D

First of all, don't use Shadowburn on single target. It's a DPS loss at the moment. It's only worth it if it crits, and in your case all 4 casts did NOT crit. You lost about 50k damage for each shadowburn, though I suppose you may have gained an extra couple of incinerates. Regardless, don't do this.

You also capped on embers a few times. Obviously you're using them with cooldowns / procs, but don't forget the most important rule of never sitting on max embers!

For Twin Ogron your Unstable Affliction uptime was horrendous; 76.16%. You need to keep this up a hell of a lot more. Looking deeper it becomes clear. On each boss you hovered at 55% uptime for UA, meaning most of the time you only had it up on one of them. Corruption was around 88% for each, and you also let Agony fall off as that was around 93% for each boss.

Seems like you aren't tracking your DoTs properly, and / or have trouble applying them to multiple targets. Take a look at my Mythic Twin Ogron video where I play Affliction, you can see how I use my boss frames from ElvUi to keep them up as close to 100% as I can. Sometimes boss goes out range, but I do my best to follow them. 

It is also 100% OK to reapply DoTs outside of Pandemic range, for example if you have to move or you know you will be moving for a while very shortly. Mostly this applies to Unstable Affliction. Try to refresh on both when he starts doing quake or will be dragged out for whirlwind etc.

Oh and you also forgot to summon your Terrorguard... derp.

Thanks for the answers!!

Yeah, wrong pet.... just realized when I was casting chaos bolts and not Agony and corruptions...

You said that, at me moment, Shadowburn is a dps loss, even in the execute phase, if im not cleaving.... I REALLY wasnt aware of that =/

Gonna give it a look at the videos! I tried elviUI once and that was terrible... But I may have to tweak my ui to track multi targets whenplaying afflic ><

Yup... forgot terrorguard... Blame Demonic Servitute on that :3

Thanks for the answers Liquid! Gonna work on those tips on the next few raid nights =)

Thanks for the answers!!

Yeah, wrong pet.... just realized when I was casting chaos bolts and not Agony and corruptions...

You said that, at me moment, Shadowburn is a dps loss, even in the execute phase, if im not cleaving.... I REALLY wasnt aware of that =/

Gonna give it a look at the videos! I tried elviUI once and that was terrible... But I may have to tweak my ui to track multi targets whenplaying afflic ><

Yup... forgot terrorguard... Blame Demonic Servitute on that :3

Thanks for the answers Liquid! Gonna work on those tips on the next few raid nights =)

ElvUI is probably the best on the market. Easily to adapt, customize and use. 

Shame I've broke it somehow and it's not working for mesad.png 

Try out addon called Raven for DoTs. Never used it myself, but people around here claimed it to be good.

Mouseover macro for DoTs can be useful aswell. Targeting with tab is suboptimalsmile.png 

Personally for me, Affliction on Butcher is easier to maximize and more effective. Second Warlock in your log made an examplewink.png 

Check it out. 

Pay more attention to the game,stay focused, and those embarrasing stuffs like your pet issues won't appear anymore.

Good luck!

I was wondering why my demo DPS was a bit worse than my Destro the other night. First time I've really done demonology, I tried it a bit in MoP to see what it felt like but kind of hated it. With Demonbolt I think it's a bit more interesting.

But yeah - my big problems? I didn't cast Doomgaurd a single time. Too used to Demonic Servitude, even though I managed to use Abyssal during Tectus with Cataclysm in the past. Who knows. I also didn't have my potions on my bar, so every time I'd go to pre-pot I'd be like "crap I need to put that on there when I have time to dig through my bags and find them" and then I'd forget before the next encounter. Silly!

Other than that, it's just getting used to timing Demonbolt. One time I messed up and missed out on a 4th demonbolt on Butcher because he did his knockback before I got it off. It's silly how much DPS you miss out for messing up one little thing like that, because your dps is so heavily weighted to that huge spell. That one spell is like 3-4% of your damage. Crazy.

So say for Imperator and Twins when I have two Corruptions and excess fury, what is the plan for spending the fury? I've been pooling my HOG charges and using extra fury for one or two Dark Soul Chaos Waves. Is that optimal against one target instead of two? Does that beat a 4th Demonbolt? Should I use non-Dark Soul Waves instead of HOG during the build period as well?

Also are people two-stacking every HOG throughout the fight, or just on the pull?

Yes, two stacking HoG is still a thing.

I will use Chaos Wave if I'm in Meta and Dark Soul is up, and only on 2+ targets. I don't actively Chaos Wave without Dark Soul unless it's mass AoE.

I wouldn't actively CW on one target unless it's at 1% and I have Fury to burn.

Hey guys i'm currently playing Destro, my ilvl right now is 655 and i feel like i should be doing way more dps my goal for this expansion is to go towards mythic...

im doing about 18 to 20k and sometimes it goes to 14k... please help me ;-;

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Let%C3%BCm/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/3352241/latest/#boss=0

Edited by warbloodfr

Yo, I'm currently getting back into demonology and I've hit a pretty major bump on my way to squeezing out all that I can out of my warlock atm. We're trying to down Butcher on mythic right now and we have a bit of a dps problem, as you can see from the report I provide at the end of this post. Was my first day today as demo on Butcher and I've already found out stuff like I went the wrong grimoire and I should've glyphed DS, but what bothers and baffles me the most is why is my Demonbolt damage so low compared to others with similar gear. Now I get that my trinket isn't exactly ideal, but somehow I doubt that will take 30-50k off my average Demonbolt hits, not to mention the insanely low maxhits. Any and all advice is welcome, thank you.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Sp%C3%A1des/advanced

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AHtR18G2hCwxBKYy#fight=28&type=summary&source=30

You cast Dark Soul ONCE on Kargath, homie. Your Chaos Bolts averaged 47k because of this.

Destro is ALL ABOUT lining up procs with dark soul and dumping as many huge Chaos Bolts as possible every 2 minutes when Dark Soul and your trinkets come up, and you should use your potion in one of these phases too.. You need to work on that. I'm on my phone so give me a sec and I'll look through some of the other fights.

Hmm all these fights say 641, Dec 30th. Got anything a bit more recent?

Edited by Mikedawg

Yes, two stacking HoG is still a thing.

I will use Chaos Wave if I'm in Meta and Dark Soul is up, and only on 2+ targets. I don't actively Chaos Wave without Dark Soul unless it's mass AoE.

I wouldn't actively CW on one target unless it's at 1% and I have Fury to burn.

Cool, thanks for the response. Any chance you know off the top of your head how many ticks or seconds Doom is worth casting at? Fortified Aberration? Regular Aberrations? Corruption on Spore Shooters? Also how many targets Immolation Aura is worth the fury? Also for Tectus do you take that one Magtheridon talent or whatever for immolation aura radius?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions, but I went from being a Destro expert to a Demo noob, and Destro didn't have nuances like these.

I think it's worth casting Doom if it ticks. I generally use it on large adds that will live at least 10 seconds. This does not include spore shooters unless they're miles away and infesting spores is going out.

I don't tend to use Immolation Aura much. Maybe Tectus if I'm being a scumbag or on Imperator when we burst adds. By extension Mannoroths is pretty shit and I haven't used it on anything this tier.

I've come to "do or die" point. That's why I'm asking for help now.

Guild is currently struggling at HC Imperator. I'm aswell.

Logs are here.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rMk2XQN4B6qFTmDf/#type=damage-done&translate=true&boss=1705&wipes=1

Not a Demo expert, my best is probably Aff, and I suck at Destro. Will try it out tomorrow though.

Tried DB Demo. Not stellar.
Tried Cata Demo. Topped in 2 of our best attempts. Feels nice but Cata isn't always there when big add pops. And we are not really getting into phase 4.
Tried my comfort Aff. Not so good aswell.

I'll take any advice seriously. Which specs to go, what to do, what to look at, talents, glyphs - everything.
I'm desperate.

Also a specific question about trinkets for Destro. Yeah, everybody are asking those.
I Have 655 Shards, 655 Sandman's and 651 WF Grandiose Power(garrison mission trinket with crit). Sticking to GP+Sandman, eschewing Shards. Worth or not?

Hey there,

I'm trying to determine why my damage seems to be lower than the other destruction lock in my guild, as well as others with comparable gear levels that I've looked up on WarcraftLogs. 

Me: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WK1NVJvq7mXr9kTA#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=8&graph=true

Guildy: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WK1NVJvq7mXr9kTA#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=9&graph=true

I realize that he's 6 item level higher than me, but my graph looks to be more in line with what is recommended as the correct Destro lock strategy. That is, I wait for just about full embers, blow DS, spam Chaos Bolt while possible, rinse and repeat. I suppose my Immolate uptime could be better in this particular fight, but I feel like there has to be more to it.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I am an affliction lock looking for help on the H Imp fight.  I ahve found my dps and damage ot be lacking on this fight and want to know if there are some adjustments I can make to improve that.

My armory link is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dawnbringer/Xarlock/simple

The most recent logs are here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nQY4wHXcPLZN7dMy#source=6&fight=9

I thank you in advance for your input

Hello,

I am an affliction lock looking for help on the H Imp fight.  I ahve found my dps and damage ot be lacking on this fight and want to know if there are some adjustments I can make to improve that.

My armory link is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dawnbringer/Xarlock/simple

The most recent logs are here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nQY4wHXcPLZN7dMy#source=6&fight=9

I thank you in advance for your input

Your DS:Misery and Void Shards are a bit off. Macro them and use together, not separately. 

Can see Sandman's in your armory, but not in your logs. Site issue? Don't know what the second trinket is, but keep it probably, if it's not 630. Sandman's is a mess for Aff, not procing for ages and causing you to hold DS for an unknown periods of time.

Your first fight was really weird. I can see Observer attacks, but neither Cataclysm nor SB haunt buffs.

UA/Haunt uptime advice is probably worthless given the messy nature of fight with all those transitions, knockbacks and stuff. Yet still work on it.

Gameplay advice - don't be afraid to spend Haunt on Aberration add. You'll regain it as it dies and you need to get rid of it really fast.. It's a good idea to sit on 3 shards when it is close to spawning.

Hope that helps.

Really, really, really, really wishing you best of luck.

Paracel I had a quick look. Your damage seems ok but I definitely feel Destruction has the edge if you know what you are doing. You need to be on point with Havoc and Shadowburn. Your war mage damage was quite low.

But your issue isn't you. You are 4 healing but dying to lack of heals and a few other things. I looked at your 12 minute attempt. In p4 you lost a mage and the other warlock to avoidable mechanics (mage stood in range of mark of chaos and lock died to the subsequent balls). Both your tanks died to melee hits. Are your healers oom?

Are your DPS bursting the replicating adds down asap? This is really important and another aspect where Destro shines compared to Demo.

But to me it looks like poor healing and mechanics failures.

Oh and I would also have a word with your raid about potion usage.

Do your healers even know what a channeled mana potion is? DPS warrior didn't use second pot. A few more too.

Yup I have to agree with going Destro for Imp. It's the best in the last phase (the phase that matters most). You can sustain FNB and then do some crazy Havoc/Shadowburn stuff when the replicating adds die.

While Demo has awesome burst AOE, I get the feeling that it's lacking in *sustained* AOE, which is where Destro is awesome. With extra embers coming from FNB and Shadowburns, you can constantly be casting ember abilities, even alternating shadowburns on Imperator and shadowburns on arcane remnants. I've done 34k and placed in the top 200 for my past two H Imp kills.

Although if Destro isn't an option, I can't help you. I have no idea how to go over logs for Demo. 

Edit: One more awesome thing: Soul Leech. Some people don't like it, but you take so little damage in the last phase because it works with Incinerate, Chaos Bolt, and Shadowburn -- those are the spells that you're spamming, and you shield yourself for insane amounts. I did 6.6k HPS in the last phase.

Edited by Mikedawg

Thanks for your replies. I will definetly try out Destro tonight and talk to raid.
We're changing the format from our guild static 14(we're not completely formed)  to full 20, filling with randoms.

I can't accept the idea that my guildies and whole my realm is a bunch of scrubs. It will make all my life pointless.biggrin.png 

Awesome! Remember to pre-cast Havoc ~4 seconds before the aberration cooldown ends so you can get another Havoc before they die. 

I also do a lot of "cheating" with Havoc on a warmage and mouseover shadowburns on Volatile Anomalies for embers and higher dps to the warmages. I really don't think it hurts the raid, and it's great damage. Mouseover shadowburning adds is where all my damage comes from on Bracken and Imp.

Edited by Mikedawg

Mouseover Shadowburn is a thing. Used a bunch today in heroic runs/solo farming ToT and it's very comfortable.

How do you cast Havoc, however? Mouseover? On focus and change focus when warmages are popping? Just target?
I got used to focus cast because I tend to control the camera with my right mouse button. But it feels like it's not the best way.

Thanks for the help.

I just acquired Sandman today so that is why it is in my armory and not in logs. As well, I started the raid with the idea of using Cata but the boss and add were not tanked close enough together and thought I would have better output with the Terrorguard up.

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this but I would like to bump my post from yesterday(by me, page 6) as it seems it's gone unnoticed. Thanks for your time