FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Liquidsteel

The Help My DPS Thread

@Parcel. Thanks so much for the advice! Fast question tho. I don't have runestone (yet, next in line in guild to get one). I have the 655 instance of shards at the moment as an alternative. Would it be beneficial to switch to that trink and use it for my initial 2 demon bolt phase, and save copelands for the my first major burn phase? If not, I can just work on focusing more on that nightmare fire, if I can get lucky enough with the procs, that is.

Proc is hard to handle for Demo with all those cycling stuffs.

Shards are fine, your idea seems like a good one. 

So I know the general things I need to improve on. Need to get a little better on my UA uptime and I mess up syncing cooldowns sometimes. I was more wondering about how much dps I "should" be doing. For example should I be hitting 30k about now or am I close but could maybe squeeze out 1 or 2k more?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2QYnd7cML31ApCkH#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=2

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Lewstelamon/advanced

I know there are only 2 kills on the log but I think I am pretty consistent though the wipes too so feel free to use any attempt on there.

Thanks for any info.

You're doing fine. Your DPS at this gear is something I would consider "good"(better than mine)wink.png Uptimes are there, buffs(if we don't talk Nightmare Fire, ughh) as well.

Haunts are a bit RNG, so performance may differ from fight to fight. Work on your UA, get as lucky as you now and you probably will squeeze your 1-2k.

Good luck!

At first: I'm from germany, so please excuse my shit english

I have got problems with my destro pve dps.

>>Logs<< (Char ist Razeria)

>>Armory<<

My playstyle:

Pre Pots

CDs with bl or proccs

CB with proccs or if nearly 4 shards full. Target below 20% -> sf

Immolate has to remain on the target

conflagrate -> 3x incinerate

continue with incinerate, if nothing proccs 

havoc is used as well

Any ideas on my sockets / enchants?

The problem is: my dps is quiet low, in comparison to the other warlock(s) in my guild/raid and I dunno why. In my opinion, there is nothing that MUCH wrong that causes this diffenrence in dps.

Would be nice, if you could tell me 1 or 2 things to improve

hello guys,

i have a problem with my dps as all of the guys the comment here, and i want to fix it.

my ilvl is fine so i dont blame my gear, my ilvl is 652.

i know the basic rotation and the meaning of all what i do and my procs. i know my starts priority and i applies it.

so i guess something is wrong with what i do and i dont know what it is.

im destruction warlock, and im using the dps rotation it says on this site. so what could be wrong with my dps. i assume it is my dps rotation. i dont know all the tricks and mabey something is wrong in the middle of the fight cuz im opening like: imo, conf, X3 inc, conf, X3 inc, and if i have 3+ burning embers i do chaos bolt. if there bl on start im using my trinket and 1 dark soul till im reach 3.5+ embers and then do more dark soul if the first is over and then spent all my embers with chaos bolt.

so sorry about the disorder in my comment but i must improve my dps! so please guys help me.

thanks in advance.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Haver/simple

@Razeria,

1)Your buff and proc syncronization is very off. You used literally 2 DS when your Nightmare Fire proced on Imperator. That's a waste of many DPS.
2)Int pot is very far from other procs aswell. You also used only 1 on Imperator and Koragh.
3)Immolate uptime is bad. You've died on some fights and that's bad, but you've had only 82% on tectus and 81% on imp. Fix it and stop dying from stuff.
4)Havoc and Shadowburn.
Imp victory pull - 16 havocs over 12.3 minutes. It is very very far from optimal. You can havoc each abberation add twice and get infinite havocs at p4, work on it.
Amount of your Shadowburns on Imp and Bracken is weak aswell.

You essentially got carried on your Imp kill, 17k in HC is not even a lower passing bar. You only beat Hunter who died at 10 minute mark. DKs are almost twice your damage.

Ton of work for you that needs to be done, keep it up.

@guy1415,
I can't set you a diagnosis without logs. Run some raids and upload logs to warcraftlogs.com, give us something to really work on. 
Saying what is your rotation is cool, for sure, but actually seeing a record of your fight is much much better for us both.

From your armory I can see that your gear is absolutely not enchanted and not socketed.
It's not good. You can apply cheap chants and easlily get 200 stat from neck+2rings+back and 35 more from socket and even then there will be place for Shattered Hand enchant, nice cheap dps boost. 235 stat is the amount of secondary stats your 655 boots gives you and they not even taking slots.
Don't be greedy, never miss chants, sockets and foods/pots/elixirs.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Hope that helps. Good luck!

Edited by Paracel

Hey! I have been playing a Rogue since BC, but have never tried to do Sub PvE. I have just recently made the switch, and I think I really enjoy it, but I just can't get the numbers I am expecting out of it as I see other rogues doing.

My two problems are polishing up my Single-Target rotation, and that I just absolutely do not know what I should be doing on Mythic Brackenspore and Mythic Tectus. A lot of forums give different answers. 

At the moment, I do not have any Single-Target logs so I will start with Multi-Target. I will have some by tonight. Last night my guild was putting in attempts on Mythic Brackenspore, and the most I know is keeping rupture up on both Brackenspore and the add while using FoK. I did not know if using CT on two targets was more beneficial than using Eviscerate to spend my combo points, but I feel like it was more beneficial to just focus on Eviscerate and drop CT. It might just be that having to worry about one more DoT messes up my DPS because I am not used to sub. (I do not have WeakAuras for DoTs on targets I am not on, I really don't know how to configure them myself, but I set up a couple of bars for rupture, hemo, and slice that only tracks my target, so I have to take guesses) 

My even bigger problem with Multi-target fights is... what do I even do with Shadow Dance and Shadow Reflection? Once again I see different answers everywhere so I have no clue... Mainly on Mythic Brackenspore and Mythic Tectus, because I know they will both be different. Do I pop dance just to get FW on my focus target and continue with the FoK/Evis spam? Or do I get in all the Ambush/Evis I can like usual?

Anyways, here are my logs for last nights attempts on Mythic Bracken, probably really sloppy but thats why I am here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nWKkhbrLtmRCwzcq

I was using the Garrote > Shadow Reflection > Ambush > Rupture > 2xAmbush> Evis > 2xAmbush > Evis > 2x Ambush > Refresh Slice and continue with my rotation opener. Also, I dropped CT and just focused on keeping Rupture on both targets while spamming FoK and dumping my points into Eviscerates. Whenever Shadow Dance came up, I just used it to get FW on my target and continued with the FoK/Evis spam. When the add died, I switched back to my single target rotation.

And my Armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Unavailabled/simple

Any help will be much appreciated! biggrin.png

cool.png You came to the wrong neighbourhood, buddy.cool.png 

cool.png It's warlock ghetto.cool.png 

Sorry, we no work with rogues.

Edited by Paracel

@paracel

super ty!!

am now psyched for my raid this weekend, have a clear focus (besides more boss death) and yes, my buddy xarlock is lurking here also :)

always

hapie

Hello fellow Warlocks,

I'm in need of little help with my DPS, I'm trying out Demonology. As you can see below the warlock above me has 34.5k will i only have 30.5k DPS. What I'm a doing wrong? The warlock also has 5 itemlevels more. But I'm feeling with my itemlevel 677 I should be able to push alot more.

Log Butcher HC:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xwajr27FMnzXNtYG/

Thank your for taking your time helping me. 

Update:
I have tried Butcher a couple of times after this and the log below is the best I can get:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WZd6YPk1zjhRT84v/#type=damage-done&source=23

The only thing I can think of is that i missed using my trinket in the pull.

Edited by Sunripened

@guy1415,

I can't set you a diagnosis without logs. Run some raids and upload logs to warcraftlogs.com, give us something to really work on. 

Saying what is your rotation is cool, for sure, but actually seeing a record of your fight is much much better for us both.

From your armory I can see that your gear is absolutely not enchanted and not socketed.

It's not good. You can apply cheap chants and easlily get 200 stat from neck+2rings+back and 35 more from socket and even then there will be place for Shattered Hand enchant, nice cheap dps boost. 235 stat is the amount of secondary stats your 655 boots gives you and they not even taking slots.

Don't be greedy, never miss chants, sockets and foods/pots/elixirs.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

thank you, i will upload my logs and post a new comment. thank you again

@Sunripened looks like you got bit by the rng bug. You and your guild mate would be neck and neck, but he got 6 more synergies than you did, 1 more ring proc and only 1 more MC proc. That's the big difference. You should tell the 3rd lock to use the same set up as you two, no synergy and only 4 uses of DS, he was 3rd and being a baddie ;). Gil also averaged 10k more per DB, that adds up.

@Sunripened,
Your TG cooldown in first fight for me is all like "waaaat>?". 
Completely off the radar for pot/bl/stuff buffs.

Second fight you've managed to use it with pot and it worked ok, performance improved.

Generally you are OK, just pay more attention and don't forget buttons like trinkets and TGs.

@Sunripened,

Your TG cooldown in first fight for me is all like "waaaat>?". 

Completely off the radar for pot/bl/stuff buffs.

Second fight you've managed to use it with pot and it worked ok, performance improved.

Generally you are OK, just pay more attention and don't forget buttons like trinkets and TGs.

TG? One of the things that I think I'm a abit of is the HoGs. Should't they before you go meta?

By the way, should i PoP trinket when is off colddown or sync with something? 

Edited by Sunripened

@Sunripened, another thing I wanted to mention but didn't look at was your gear and Gil's gear. His crit level must be lower than yours, but maybe his mastery level is higher. The side by side fight he had 0 crit DB, but you had 17%. Your next log had you at 33%, I think, on DB, could be an issue, great if you swap with a destro spec. It has been said in this forum or demo forum you don't wait to pop off DB, unless your talking a couple secs of wait. Ideally every other cycle should be trinket and DS.

TG? One of the things that I think I'm a abit of is the HoGs. Should't they before you go meta?

By the way, should i pop trinket when is off cooldown or sync with something? 

I mean TG as big and fancy "Summon Terrorguard" button.

It doesn't really matter about HoGs, dot part is cool if you can stack it for both damages and MC procs. Chaos Wave is awesome too, especially on 2+targets.

Trinket doesn't really matter too. You can use it to fasten cycle each 2nd DB, or use it as a fury generator if you are having problems.

Edit:spelling

Edited by Paracel

Hello,

Yesterday i was kinda pwnd by i lock with a lower ilev then me, dps wise then!

I asked him about his rotation and he told me that he waited for 3 embers, then pop DS. After that he went offline never spoke to him! I think what he did was:

> 3 embers - conlflag - DS - chaosbolt, then filler incinerates

My rotation :

Immo always up

DS when its off cooldown (macro)

Conflag when its of cooldown

Chaosbolt when backdraft is up

incinerate as filler

Should i just go for > 3 embers, only then DS (trinket) - conflag - 3x chaosbolt?

What are your thoughts, im kinda lost after what i have seen yesterday

Snip

Please provide logs.

Off the cuff, building to 3 embers is wrong because he will be wasting his 10s ring and weapon enchant procs, losing damage.

Can't say for sure what's going on, but if you got beat on DPS it certainly, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt is NOT going to be because his opener was slightly different to yours.

Only thing that majorly jumped out at me Tarreltje is you should not being using CB with Backdraft stacks (unless a proc is going to run out). Otherwise you need logs to highlight the the issues. 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Zhax/simple

Log i need to make! To night i did Imp HC, from start ill jump towards 29K, can keep it abit on 24K and after that is almost down to 18K :(. I know without the log you cant see what im doing so going to get that!

I pop DS on cooldown. The chaos bolts now only when i have 3 and or the DS buff. Is my weapon enchnt not good? I have looked at the armory at some decend locks and some of them have the mastery and some the crit..

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Zhax/simple

Log i need to make! To night i did Imp HC, from start ill jump towards 29K, can keep it abit on 24K and after that is almost down to 18K sad.png. I know without the log you cant see what im doing so going to get that!

I pop DS on cooldown. The chaos bolts now only when i have 3 and or the DS buff. Is my weapon enchnt not good? I have looked at the armory at some decend locks and some of them have the mastery and some the crit..

Guarantee you aren't sniping shadow burns or using havoc properly.

Can't be more precise if you don't provide logs.

And I didn't say you didn't use it, but that you aren't using it properly. Likely sitting on the cooldown too long, along with failing to snipe and cleave shadowburns correctly.

For reference I did over 28k with 659 ilvl on my first kill.

Hi, I'm playing has a destro/demo warlock right now, 662 ilvl and i need a bit of help i seem to not good has much dps has other locks... and trying to progress into mythic.. some fights im doing around 21-23k other fights im doing like about 17k plz help? and in burst mode i do like 35k-40k plz help?

heres my warcraftlogs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a73brdVfGTzHthQg#fight=10&type=damage-done

heres my wow armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Let%C3%BCm/simple

I'm a raid leader for a pretty casual guild that is working toward clearing HM.  Right now I'm hoping to get some help with increasing our Warlocks dps.

Here is a link to our most recent HM, we extended our lockout to focus on getting new bosses down, but previous weeks would show more fights.  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cgVFC63PqWHGzBjh

Here is the armory link.  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Razida/simple

Thanks for the help.