FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MrsDoom

Naxx or BRM to start?

Until recently I have been playing F2P and enjoying the game though frustrated at times getting face mopped by Naxx and BRM cards. With the new expac I am unsure if dropping the $25-50 would be wise if they dynamic of the game may possibly change. Anyone have an opinion?

V TL;DR V

With the upcoming card release with TGT, should I bother buying Naxx or BRM? And if I should spend the $, which is a "priority" (get now vs. buying with my next paycheck)?

TY for advice XD

Naxxramas offers very high value, especially for new players. There aren't many BrM cards used outside of Dragon synergy decks. I doubt the meta will significantly shift with the release of TGT (unless they made several nerfs to already existing cards). If you are going to spend real money, I personally recommend naxx, since it offers value to both aggro (creeper, undertaker) and control decks (KT, Chow).

Edited by positiv2

Hi there,

of course it depends a little on the classes you want to play, but in general I would say that the Naxx cards are more useful and not too specific (e.g. cards like Belcher can be used in a very wide range of decks). So only considering either of these two options, I would say go for Naxx first.

Regarding the impact of the new expansion. A lot of people argue that the impact will not be very drastic with the cards revealed so far beeing too slow. But if you would like to be on the safe side, maybe wait two more weeks until all cards are revealed.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JohnnyZ
      When TOG was released I spent my first real money on the pre-purchase and made a decision to play standard, as I didn't believe I could ever be competitive in wild. I have never since played a wild game. However, I never dusted the GvG and Naxx cards I had then. My draw from MSG was quite poor, and I still lack staple legendaries like Sylvanas Windrunner and Ragnaros the Firelord. But I love Webspinner and others. I dont really want to do without any card, but I have so many holes in my collection. Any opinions and advice would be appreciated.
    • By Twily
      So I've been trying to get through the heroic mode of Naxxramas lately. One thing I've noticed is, that its pretty hard to beat the heroic bosses without the Naxxramas cards. I'm currently stuck at Thaddius & pretty much every guide I saw, tells me to put Feugen & Stalagg into my deck. Sadly I've dusted all my wild cards when Wotog launched. Is it even possible to win against the Heroic Thaddius without any Naxx cards? Because as it seems Feugen & Stalagg are your only win condition in this match.
      I'd really appreciate some help. :<
      Btw. I know that freeze mage works, but I don't have all the cards for it.
    • By Sepums
      Sorry for such a bad first post.
      I am a fairly mediocre player who hasn't bought any adventures yet but is eager to, and while I see that loe might be the adventure most worth purchasing for now, I am still interested in buying naxx and brm.
      The thing is, with the new way to play coming to hearthstone, seeing that naxx cards will become craftable (correct me if I'm wrong?) I don't exactly need to buy naxx to get the good cards that I want it for.
      So, is it worth buying naxxramas for the experience of the adventure, and not having to grind dust for the cards? or should I just ignore naxx (in addition to gvg) and just stick to standard when it comes out?
      I feel okay since I haven't spent any money on the game so far and I know that I can simply ignore wild and stick to standard, but wild seems more fun at the moment with all the decks that I have seen but never was able to play because I didn't buy any adventures.
      As many people have already stated, we will still need to collect various cards from current and later expansions for standard, and cards from current adventures/expansions will become obsolete as time goes, so I just don't know how I'm supposed to deal with this.
      I don't understand the direction with the new way to play, it doesn't make much sense to me.
    • By Fukwon
      Nothing To Lose (NTL) of Cho'gall is looking for players of all classes and roles for Mythic Blackrock and Hellfire Citadel Progression. Raids are Thursday and Friday 8pm-12am CST.

History: NTL was a prominent raiding guild during BC, "disbanding" after farming Illidan and before Sunwell was released. It remained dormant as an alt/bank guild for many moons until its triumphant resurgence in Warlords of Draenor.

Pitch: We aren't hardcore. We aren't casual. We raid two nights a week for a total of 8 hours, goof off during trash and put on game faces for bosses. We have a talented core of players, but like many guilds this expansion haven't been able to maintain a steady 20+ members for Mythic. We're looking to change that with talented new recruits (yourself).

Needs: All classes/roles are welcome to apply, however the following may help.
      High - Moonkin, Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, Death Knight, Warlock.
      Medium - Mage, Shadowpriest, Ret paladin, Feral Druid, Fury Warrior

Qualifications: You should be at a minimum experienced with 10/10 normal Blackrock. 675+ ilvl is a bonus but we are always willing to help players who prove they'll be a valuable asset. Previous expansion raid experience is a huge plus especially if you have been in highly competitive raid atmospheres. You should know the ins and outs of your class/role, be consistently improving and researching via websites/logs/forums. You should be able to consistently make both raid nights.

Contact: Fukwon, Brownbutt, or Moodss in-game via PM or mail. 

Thanks for your interest!

-Fukwon
    • By Delsh
      After a few tweaks and tries here is the deck I used to defeat Emperor Thaurissan in Blackrock Mountain

2 - Silence
      2 - Inner Fire
      2 - Mind Vision
      2 - Power Word: Shield
      2 - Divine Spirit
      2- Shadow Word: Pain
      2- Annoy-o-Tron
      2 - Ironbeak Owl
      2 - Lightwell
      2 - Shadow Word: Death
      2 - Thoughtsteal
      2 - Velen's Chosen
      2 - Shadow Madness
      2 - Lightspawn
      2 - Spellbreaker

I am sure there are other combinations that might be better but for me the high priority was to silence his minions and to steal his cards to use against him.

This is my first post here and I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to building decks but this one seems to be working.

Delsh