Damien

Hearthstone Legendary Midrange Paladin TGT

Sign in to follow this  

42 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Midrange Paladin Deck for TGT.

What are your thoughts about Justicar Trueheart in this type of deck, and what card could be cut to fit it? Is the 6/3 body just too weak even though the value it can provide with the hero power is so good? I'm just seeing some pretty crazy things you could do with justicar in this deck but maybe it is just a little too slow and weak to actually work in practice.

Sottle, awesome deck.  I was wondering why we're going more in the direction of Defender of Argus in these midrange pally decks? I saw Trump added them as well.  It does seem to help against zoo which is a tough matchup I've noticed so that's good.

Looking forward to a control/dragon pally deck I hope!?  Been playing around with solely dragon and dragon/control with some good luck.

What are your thoughts about Justicar Trueheart in this type of deck, and what card could be cut to fit it? Is the 6/3 body just too weak even though the value it can provide with the hero power is so good? I'm just seeing some pretty crazy things you could do with justicar in this deck but maybe it is just a little too slow and weak to actually work in practice.

Yeah, i'm not convinced on Justicar just yet. The initial play of the 6/3 is just so low Tempo in any Midrangey type deck. If you want to play it, it's probably in place of Sylvanas, or Boom, since Boom is the only BGH target, and I just don't see those cards being worse than Justicar.

Sottle, awesome deck.  I was wondering why we're going more in the direction of Defender of Argus in these midrange pally decks? I saw Trump added them as well.  It does seem to help against zoo which is a tough matchup I've noticed so that's good.

Looking forward to a control/dragon pally deck I hope!?  Been playing around with solely dragon and dragon/control with some good luck.

Argus is great in any deck that can reliably put stuff on the board, it doesn't need to be a defensive minded card, although that is a nice byproduct. With the addition of Murloc Knight to this deck alongside Muster from GvG, you generate so much stuff on the board now that DoA almost always has a target.

Hi Sottle, about quartermaster, is there any other card, that con fit in this deck instead?

Thx

Thanks sottle. i found sylvanas too slow. replacing her with a sludge really increased my winrate. Rank 2 now hopefully ill get to legend.

Hey, this is a very good deck. But can we possibly discuss the harder match ups or what are the main weakness of this deck? biggrin.png

P.S.: salty salty opponent (it's me, yup T_T)

Weakness of this deck is mainly that it lacks real bite in the late-game, so sometimes it struggles to close a game out because of a lack of damage.

Other than that, it's really solid across the board, you have answers for pretty much everything, and you're able to play initiative.

Hey one month old player here,

I did some crafting to make this deck and some substitutions since I have a rather limited collection. I would be happy if anyone can comment on them, and any suggestion is appreciated:

- I don't have any Knife Juggler so I added a Dire Wolf Alpha + an Acidic Swamp Ooze.
- I don't have the second Argus, so I added a Blessing of Kings since I like that card, but I'm not sure at all whether it is relevant to this deck's archetype.

-I don't have Lay on Hands, the second Quartermaster, Tirionfording and Dr.Boom. Instead I play Argent Commander, Stormwind Champion, Kel'Thuzad and a second Sludge Belcher.

Aside from these, can I have some insight on why Warhorse Trainer, Silver Hand Regent, 2nd Zombie Chow and Mukla's Champion isn't included in this deck. They may be sub-optimal and/or too much synergy dependent, but for someone who doesn't have the complete deck, could they at least be good substitutes?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, all of those cards are reasonable substitutions if you're missing cards from the deck. None of them are outright bad. Your original substitutions are all quite sensible.

Hey Sottle, 

after a week or two from TGT release, would you still prefer Tuskarr Jouster over Antique Healbot?

I feel like the card is in the deck mainly for the heal, not only against aggro, but also against Midrange Druid as well as Control Warrior or Freeze Mage. Against all of these decks, you have a very real chance of losing a Joust (I feel like this chance is already given against Face Hunter, though it is quite slim admittedly), and I don't think the extra +2/+2 really make up for the huge gamble you take.

Other than that, great deck! I am using a similar list to great success (-1 Tuskarr Jouster, -2 Murloc Knight, +1 Antique, +1 Loatheb, +1 Justicar)

I have played 20 games with it 0 wins. I got from 10 to 20 in ranked mode. I lost with agro, mid range and control, almost all classes. This is not a hate mail just an experience to share boys and girls. Synergies = 0. At least I got fun opponents to lose with. Lose or win equal fun! Love this game. Cheers! 

I also prefer antique healbot to jouster.. sure the 5/5 is pretty good, but losing the joust might end up costing the game for me, especially against mages.. Also, what do u think about replacing 1 quartermaster with loatheb? I don't really like having 2 quatermasters in a deck since it is really dependent on the board situation.

Haunted Creeper if you have it, don't remember precisely what the Naxx order is. Otherwise, Gadgetzan Jouster I suppose, but honestly you're probably better off just not playing the 1-drop and using another tech card that's fitting for the meta like MCT until you get it.

I've just played a similar deck, more like Strifecro's TGT midrange with Justicar and coghammer. And I've gone from rank 20-10 with I think 4 losses (all face decks).

The best neutral card in this deck imo is Justicar Truehart. It is all the late game you need. I've never lost to a control deck. There was one game where i drew terribly and had to fatigue a dragon warrior. But they just can't deal with the 2 1/1 spam and if you haven't used both quatermasters, I find everyone constantly trades for them so they also have a type of pseudo taunt. 

With regards to Heal Bot/Tuskarr Jouster. The 5/5 is a huge deal breaker. Against rush decks where you need the heal you win most of the time and against more control decks its 5/5 stats play around just about all AoE.  

For anyone curious, decklist:

2 Chow

1 Equality

1 Owl

2 Juggler

2 Shielded minibots

1 Coghammer

2 Muster

2 Aldor

2 Truesilver

2 Consecration

2 Murloc Knights

1 Shredder

2 Quatermaster

2 Belcher

1 Tuskarr

1 Justicar Trueheart

1 Dr.Boom

1 Lay on Hands

1 Tirion

last card is a toss up between Sylvanas, deffender of Argus and if you only que into face hunter/pally Holy Light.    

Question, I'm climbing the ranks and the deck is absolutely fantastic.
However, lately Paladins & Warriors seem to be more frequent opponents. Because of that, my deck is facing lots of weapons. I'm in doubt wether to take out a quartermaster or even Sylvanas for a Harrison Jones replacement.

What are your thoughts on such a replacement?

Quartermaster cut is reasonable if you think Harrison will get a lot of value, playing with one QM was the standard for a while.

I just don't understand how to play this deck. I've had more success in ladder with a control paladin. I get fucked by almost everything. Really regret crafting Tirion.

The deck isn't particularly aggressive, and I think all the cards in the deck are more useful than Kings, that's basically it.

The deck has great synergy, so your comment that it doesn't leads me to think you are not seeing them and not taking advantage of them.

Synergies:

1. Play Knife juggler then play Muster for battle

2. Play Muster for battle then play Quartermaster

3. Play Murloc Knight, then use Hero power

4. Play Knife Juggler, then Murloc Knight, then hero power

5. Play Murloc Knight, Hero power, Defender of Argus

6. Play Knife Juggler, Muster for Battle, Quartermaster

7. Play Shielded Minibot, Defender of Argus

8. Substituting Trueheart into your deck gives further synergy with Quartermaster and Knife Juggler.

9. Equality, Consecrate

10. Equality, knife juggler, muster for battle

You sure it's synergy you're having issues with? The synergies aren't hard to put together.

For me, the weakest thing about this deck is lack of heal. I lose the joust as often as I win it (I probably lose it more than I win, actually) and I have indisputably lost some games because I lost the jousts.

Well, I had a steady climb to rank 9 but now I'm rank 10 again. No surprise I lost another joust; this time against Druid who used two cat forms. :-/

And another lost joust... I never liked the heal bot for its weak stats, but it sure has saved me tons of times.

Sign in to follow this