Damien

Hearthstone Face Hunter TGT

44 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Face Hunter deck for TGT.

Not so much in this deck since it's a little more board focused, trying to get minions to attack twice where possible etc. Leeroy will almost never attack twice and gives your opponent 1/1s to clear up Divine Shields and such.

Just can't get past rank 7.  At that point, it gets to be a 50/50 winrate, if that.  Pretty sure I'm making all the right decisions.  I end up losing when the opponent has 1-4 health, it's usually close, but like I said that seems to be the point I can't progress past.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Gasp!!! I'm actually playing Face Hunter for the first time.  I'm having a lot of fun with this deck.  Thanks for the article. 

Facehunter is still a viable deck and a perfectly fine choice to reach rank 5 for the epic reward. Not sure though if it's good enough in the dragon priest / control warrior heavy meta to reach legend within a reasonable amount of time.

Facehunter is still a viable deck and a perfectly fine choice to reach rank 5 for the epic reward. Not sure though if it's good enough in the dragon priest / control warrior heavy meta to reach legend within a reasonable amount of time.

FH is always a good choice to grind legend.even when it's not in a particularly good spot,it's still more than capable of having over 50% win rate,and given how fast your games will go that's all you need anyway.

Edited by batanete

4th paragraph of 3.Strategy mentions a Wolfrider+Hero power move, however, Wolfrider is not present in the deck, fix it.

Hey Sottle, Just wanted to say I love your guides and use almost all of them in my ranked play. Additionally do you think theres anyplace for Core Rager in this deck. I seem to be top decking along near turn 6 or so and I imagine he could be a decent addition. Just wanted to get your thoughts.

Is there a reason this deck doesn't play 2 iron-beak owls? That card seems to be invaluable against cards like sludge belcher. 

Is it possible to replace quick shot? In that case which card(s) should I replace it with?

Arcane Shot

I love this deck. Very quick building up damage and raking stars like crazy. I rarely seen late game stuff. Just wondering when should I upgrade to Mid-range/beast Hunter to get more solid answer to late game threat? Rank 5?

Thanks

The deck is listed as being able to hit Legend, and it can. Just because another deck is more expensive does not make it an upgrade, Face Hunter is a very very good deck and has only got better due to the nerf of Patron Warrior which was one of the best counters to it.

Any further tips on mulligan strategies in general, as well as against specific match-ups?  I think that's probably my key to rising further than rank 5.

Cheers!

I can't even get past 14, I am hard stuck... Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but its rough when other people are getting stuck on 5...

anyone want to watch a game and tell me what I did, I'm open to that as well... Love the deck, just can't move past 14.

• Like 1

i was playing with this deck and had quite a lot of success. I was wondering weather I should swap the 2 Knife Jugglers for 2 Timber Wolves, as the Unleash the Hounds - Knife Juggler combo costs 5 mana and knives more often then not hit some minion instead of the face, whereas Unleash the Hounds - Timber Wolf costs 4 Mana, gives the same amount of Attack points and you can usually directly hit the face with it.

i was playing with this deck and had quite a lot of success. I was wondering weather I should swap the 2 Knife Jugglers for 2 Timber Wolves, as the Unleash the Hounds - Knife Juggler combo costs 5 mana and knives more often then not hit some minion instead of the face, whereas Unleash the Hounds - Timber Wolf costs 4 Mana, gives the same amount of Attack points and you can usually directly hit the face with it.

Timber Wolf works only with beasts and is a 1/1, whereas Knife Juggler is a 3/2 that works with any minion. He isn't there just for the Juggler + Unleash combo, he is a strong card overall. 

• Like 1