FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Lunar Festival

Great guide, very helpful for someone like me who hasn't participated in previous festivals. Just had a quick question, I play on Horde, so if I use an Alliance character to complete Elders of the Alliance will it count towards the achievement for the festival on my horde characters?

Great guide, very helpful for someone like me who hasn't participated in previous festivals. Just had a quick question, I play on Horde, so if I use an Alliance character to complete Elders of the Alliance will it count towards the achievement for the festival on my horde characters?

It should, but I haven't been able to test whether the Alliance elders will offer their quests to Alliance players. If you could test and tell me whether it works, I'd be very grateful. I won't be able to test before Tuesday, as I am currently abroad.

Guest Tom

You are wrong. The single acheivements are NOT account-wide only the meta acheivement. That means you could do the alliance acm with an ally char and the horde acm with a horde char. but than you are missing an acm for both.

Guest Xan

The Cataclysm zone Elders have not reset this year (Well, for me on Alliance / Dalaran US). The rest have.

You are wrong. The single acheivements are NOT account-wide only the meta acheivement. That means you could do the alliance acm with an ally char and the horde acm with a horde char. but than you are missing an acm for both.

I used the conditional tense, so I can't be "wrong" :P

All I did was make an assumption. I'll check things tomorrow and I'll update the guide accordingly.

I've just created a horde character on a random server and all my Lunar Festival achievements are completed. So you can do Elders of the Alliance on an Alliance character and that will give it to all your Horde characters (same for Elders of the Horde).

I don't understand why people make erroneous statements with such confidence. I mean, it's not like it takes long to check how the account-bound achievement system works.

I've just created a horde character on a random server and all my Lunar Festival achievements are completed. So you can do Elders of the Alliance on an Alliance character and that will give it to all your Horde characters (same for Elders of the Horde).

I don't understand why people make erroneous statements with such confidence. I mean, it's not like it takes long to check how the account-bound achievement system works.

I can also confirm this since the Elders of the Alliance achievement is on my achivement panel and it did count towards the meta, so I'm glad to see that I don't have to risk it with my Horde characters hehe.

Again, thanks for the great guide.

• Like 1

Guest Wayne Mangham

I don't know if this still applies but last year i found a few elders that werent on any of the achievement lists,might be worth checking out for people that need a few extra elder coins.

Guest Ilia

Is there a way to get to Elder Skyseeker at FreeWind Post in thousend Needles if you can't fly? I do not have a FP (Horde) to there and can't seem to find my way to the bridges over to there that I have seen mentioned other places. Posted Image

I don't know if this still applies but last year i found a few elders that werent on any of the achievement lists,might be worth checking out for people that need a few extra elder coins.

I didn't find any, where were they?

Is there a way to get to Elder Skyseeker at FreeWind Post in thousend Needles if you can't fly? I do not have a FP (Horde) to there and can't seem to find my way to the bridges over to there that I have seen mentioned other places. Posted Image

Sorry for the lack of answer, but you should have made a specific topic for that question ;)

Guest Chickenese

Are there no rewards for Lunar Festival?  Before they awarded a Dragon Mount, now there is no mount and no rewards except achievement?

I can't recall any mounts, especially no dragons in connection with Lunar Festival. Except the Violet Proto-drake which is not a Lunar Festival-only mount. There is 1-1 pet for horde and alliance (festival lantern), and that is all as far as I know.

Guest Smelecaster

I am not seeing the blasted lands npc at the dark portal. Do you have to have completed the quest chain on that character?

Guest Madgnoolm

"1.1. Date and Timeline

The Lunar Festival is a 2-week event. This year, it will start on February the 16th and finish on March the 2nd."

This is the timings for the Valentines Event, not Lunar Festival

Guest Anon Y Mous

Like everything Icy-Veins does, it's hard to give it credit, to believe anything that is said, when it starts off with a major inaccuracy like the wrong dates.  Don't trust Icy-Veins...

Guest Lunar Preservation

FYI... Lunar Preservation quest appears to be bugged fr a lot of folks.  No one is getting the button to click at the Duskwood well.

Guest Lunar Preservation

So Blizzard has a response from a ticket saying they are aware of issues with the quest.  They recommend abandoning the quest and picking it up again, but make sure you do the Hyjal well last.

Guest Lividia

Hi, Thanks for the guide! There is one moon well missing, for "Lunar Preservation." So the order to do them is (credit Sulis' post on Wowhead):

So, to be efficient the order will be:
1. Moonglade 40,33 Nighthaven
2. Felwood 44,28 Whisperwind Grove
3. Ashenvale 53,46 Moonwell of Cleansing 1
4. Ashenvale 60,72 Moonwell of Cleansing 2
5. Stonetalon Mountain 41,19
6. Feralas 60,46 Dire Maul
7. Duskwood 49,33
8. Mount Hyal 60,24 Nordrassil

Guest Cavtha

Dates for 2021 are Friday, February 5 through Friday, February 19, overlapping with Love is in the Air, which runs Monday, February 8 through Monday, February 22.