Damien

Hearthstone Low Budget Oil Rogue TGT

Sign in to follow this  

19 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Low Budget Oil Rogue deck for TGT.

I want to include Troggzor the Earthonator in this deck. 1. I think it counters the crazy amt of mages in the current meta. 2. I recently acquired the card. 

Good idea? What should it replace?

just unpacked a sweet bloodmage thalons and im grinding to build this deck, where can bloodmage find a place in this deck?

In place of an Earthen Ring Farseer. The deck is basically done now.

just unpacked a sweet bloodmage thalons and im grinding to build this deck, where can bloodmage find a place in this deck?

In place of an Earthen Ring Farseer. The deck is basically done now.

but i like to play rogue :(

I think this is a really good deck. I don't go far in Ranked because of the current meta--and perhaps my skill. But still it's viable in Casual and quests.

By the way, got to ask if the the (2) Preparation are vital in this deck? I have an alternate account which is F2P and nearly getting there with the other cards. If lacking those 2 but having all others, what could be the possible alternatives?

I think this is a really good deck. I don't go far in Ranked because of the current meta--and perhaps my skill. But still it's viable in Casual and quests.

By the way, got to ask if the the (2) Preparation are vital in this deck? I have an alternate account which is F2P and nearly getting there with the other cards. If lacking those 2 but having all others, what could be the possible alternatives?

If you lack preparations, the deck is almost unviable. The Sprints are way too slow and you will often be forced to play a minion to trigger combo on Oil, which can be dangerous. I recommend sticking with this deck instead.

do you have any suggestions for warrior and priest matchups? priest i can sometimes win with good draws, but it feels like the warrior matchup is totally unwinnable. sap does nothing, backstab often doesnt do anything and minions just die the turn after they're put on the board between weapons, shield slams and executes

Yeah, Warrior is really, really hard. Priest is actually a favoured matchup, you should be able to gain small advantage in tempo on each turn and snowball an advantage, you just have to be careful that you don't give them too much value for a Lightbomb or Holy Nova.

Since Priest has no way to pressure you, you have all the time in the world to cast your Sprints etc and get all the resources you need to win.

Hey there!

I'm finding trouble finding much value in the Violet Teachers - rarely have they been a deciding factor in how the game plays out. Are there any optional suggestions for them?

I was thinking maybe 2 x Shade of Naxxramas, or maybe going to the 5 drops and get 2 x Spectral Knight. Or maybe adding the Goblin Auto-Barber to help build a cool blade flurry burst?

Violet Teacher is a core card in the deck, I wouldn't recommend that you cut them out. They're crucial for Tempo swings against decks like Druid and Secrets Paladin where you can drop one on turn 4 and then use Backstab, Coin Deadly Poison, or Prep + Something to remove their minion in play and seize the board.

Usually with Violet Teacher it's best if you play it when you are guarenteed to get 2+ Apprentices on the board. It's even better when you create that board and manage to clear, or just flat out cripple the opponents board. That's what I gathered from watching Mr. Yagut anyways.

I've Lost 17 Ranked Games in a Row with this deck...They were hard fought games, but still losing in Ranked mode at level 20 does not a "Legendary" Deck Make. WAY OVERRATED...Oil Pirate Works better for ranked play imo, for a Budget deck

I've Lost 17 Ranked Games in a Row with this deck...They were hard fought games, but still losing in Ranked mode at level 20 does not a "Legendary" Deck Make. WAY OVERRATED...Oil Pirate Works better for ranked play imo, for a Budget deck

Odd, I've been on a winning streak from 22 to 17. I feel really strong with this deck, and have played a couple games all the  way  through, and never felt like I didn't have an answer, or even would have if I hadn't made a mistake earlier. Maybe you just aren't getting good RNG?

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina
      Various bosses from The Witchwood's Monster Hunt are ready to battle it out in this week's brand new Tavern Brawl.
      This is the first special Tavern Brawl that we will see during this year's Hallow's End.
      You just queue up and you get assigned a random boss from the Monster Hunt. Some of these bosses include:
      Azalina Soulthief (Hero Power: 2 mana - Summon three 1/1 Wisps) Blood Witch Greta (Passive Hero Power: Spells cost Health instead of Mana) Brushwood Centurion (Hero Power: 3 mana - All minions attack random enemy minions) Chupacabran (Hero Power: 1 mana - Give a friendly minion +1/+1 and Lifesteal) Plaguemaster Rancel (Hero Power: 2 mana - Deal 2 damage to a minion. If it survives, give it Poisonous) Shudderwock (Passive Hero Power - All Battlecries trigger twice) Winslow Tobtock (Hero Power: 2 mana - Each player shuffles their hand into their decks and draws that many cards) Wharrgarbl (Hero Power: 2 mana - Draw 3 Murlocs from your deck) Experiment 3C (Hero Power: 2 mana - Destroy a friendly minion and draw 3 cards) It's not sure how many bosses there are available, but they certainly have similar decks as during the PvE adventure. It might be worth checking our Monster Hunt guide to refresh your memory on some of their abilities or just experience them in action!

• By Zadina
      Hallow's End is going to last from October 17 until October 31.
      As we've already discussed, you can log in to enjoy the spooky festivities and receive a free Golden Witch's Cauldron.
      You will also get a free Arena entry ticket in order to test your mettle in the Dual Class Arena. Pick a Hero, choose the Hero Power of a second Hero and try to make the perfect mix with the combined might of both Heroes' class cards.
      We'll have two Tavern Brawls during Hallow's end: Monster Smash (October 17-22) and The Headless Horseman Rides Again (October 24 - 29)!
      Lastly, for a limited time you can purchase the new Paladin hero, Sir Annoy-o, as a Bundle along with 20 Witchwood packs at the price of $19.99 or 19.99 EUR. This mighty new hero even has his own backstory which you can read here.
      Later today, we should also see the balance changes go live.
    • By Zadina
      The update will take effect on October 18.
      Well, the balance changes were smaller than expected as only three cards were affected this time.
      As expected, Giggling Inventor was affected as it now costs 7 mana, up from 5. The team actually considered it too powerful for 6 mana, which raises the question why it was 5 mana in the first place. Anyway, it still remains an odd card if this is still relevant.

Now, a big and unexpected change was Mana Wyrm being raised to 2 mana. The iconic Classic minion has undergone the Tunnel Trogg treatment and after 4+ years of power, it is ready to retire.

And a Wild change to alleviate the devastating Druid combo: Aviana will now cost 10 mana. This means she can't be played at the same turn as Kun the Forgotten King and Juicy Psychmelon won't be able to draw both Kun the Forgotten King and Aviana with it.

The update will go live on October 18th with the weekly reset. What do you guys think about the changes?
    • By Zadina
      The rewards on Hearthstone for purchasing a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket have been revealed.
      You will receive a very elegant card back and 2 packs from each of the following expansions: Classic, The Witchwood, Kobolds & Catacombs, Knights of the Frozen Throne and Journey to Un'Goro.
      You can purchase the virtual ticket for this year's BlizzCon here.
    • By Zadina
      Bosses from various Hearthstone adventure battle it out in this week's Tavern Brawl.
      This is the second time we see Boss Battle Royale 2, which itself is a variation of the original Tavern Brawl. This time, we have a new Druid hero and the Warlock hero Sindragosa has been slightly nerfed.
      You pick a class and then you get a specific boss hero, which has its special hero power and a predetermined deck:
      Druid: King Togwaggle (Magic Candle: 3 mana - Find a Treasure) Hunter: Skelesaurus Hex (Ancient Power: 0 mana - Give each player a random cards. It costs 0) Mage: The Curator (Gallery Protection: Passive - Your Hero has Taunt) Paladin: White King (Castle: 2 mana - Discover a chess piece) Priest: Professor Putricide (Mad Science: Passive - All Secrets cost 0) Shaman: Lady Naz'jar (Pearl of the Tides: At the end of your turn, replace all minions with new ones that cost 1 more) Rogue: Grobbulus (Poison Cloud: 2 mana - Deal 1 damage to all minions. If any die, summon a slime) Warlock: Sindragosa (Ice Claw: 2 mana - Do 2 damage. There will be 2 Blocks of Ice on your opponent's side of the board at the beginning of the game) Warrior: Coren Direbrew (Pile On!: 0 mana - Put a minion from each deck into the battlefield) Sindragosa is pretty powerful. Lady Naz'jar, Coren Direbrew and Skelesaurus Hex have random effects that can benefit your opponent - Lady Naz'jar seem to have more success than the other two. Grobbulus can work too, if you play smartly.
      Good luck!