FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Mid Budget Warrior Control TGT

Hello, thanks for wonderful dekc, i was searching for something bore Budgety since the full deck costs so much but i got 2 questions. Iam missing few, i believe, core parts that cant be replaced but hope someone here could help me.

First of all, i had such bad luck on legendaries (cho, millhouse, gazlowe, bolvar hype), so the only ones i got are Boom, Jones and Naxx/BRM. Also iam missing few of the epics (mainly sslams, brawls and the gorehowl) but thats all.

So the 1st question is, in what order do you think is best to craft missing pieces? I was thinking about getting atleast one Brawl since its crucial board clear for Warr but iam not sure what should i craft next.

Replaced legendaries with Boom and Nefarian (tfw you steal from rogue shadowstep and burgle), SSlams with "soft" removals like second BGH and Owl to silence some stuff (thinking about Stampending Kodo but the silence is pretty useful) and brawls with Whirlwinds (i know, not the best, but what can i do). The weapon was thouger one, since i was thinking about Arcanite Reaper but then North Sea Kraken come into mi mind and it is doing really well (and well, its another big dude).

And here comes the 2nd question. Do you think these are "good" replacement till i can afford the real cards or should i try to get in some other cards? Tbh iam doing pretty good against aggro (not so much against flood), althought sometimes its surviving with 2 hp against hunter.

Thanks for your time and keep up the great work!

-Zel

Hello, thanks for wonderful dekc, i was searching for something bore Budgety since the full deck costs so much but i got 2 questions. Iam missing few, i believe, core parts that cant be replaced but hope someone here could help me.

First of all, i had such bad luck on legendaries (cho, millhouse, gazlowe, bolvar hype), so the only ones i got are Boom, Jones and Naxx/BRM. Also iam missing few of the epics (mainly sslams, brawls and the gorehowl) but thats all.

So the 1st question is, in what order do you think is best to craft missing pieces? I was thinking about getting atleast one Brawl since its crucial board clear for Warr but iam not sure what should i craft next.

Replaced legendaries with Boom and Nefarian (tfw you steal from rogue shadowstep and burgle), SSlams with "soft" removals like second BGH and Owl to silence some stuff (thinking about Stampending Kodo but the silence is pretty useful) and brawls with Whirlwinds (i know, not the best, but what can i do). The weapon was thouger one, since i was thinking about Arcanite Reaper but then North Sea Kraken come into mi mind and it is doing really well (and well, its another big dude).

And here comes the 2nd question. Do you think these are "good" replacement till i can afford the real cards or should i try to get in some other cards? Tbh iam doing pretty good against aggro (not so much against flood), althought sometimes its surviving with 2 hp against hunter.

Thanks for your time and keep up the great work!

-Zel

1) One Brawl is definitely priority. The second place would be the legendaries (or at least one of them as you already have Dr. Boom). Next should be the cards that suit the meta, such as Brawl in aggro environment or a Gorehowl in a control one.

2) Spellbreaker is better than Owl in Control Warrior, use him instead. 

Bouncing Blade is probably better than whirlwind in a control meta, but worse in an aggro meta. I don't think the deck will be that good without Brawls and I probably wouldn't even play it.

Kraken blocks you from using your Hero Power and can be easily destroyed by Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, Fireball+Ping, etc. Arcanite Reaper is probably a better card

Nefarian is a really bad card and is way too slow. Getting 2 random spells is often bad and unreliable. I like KelThuzad, so I will recommend using him instead. Even if he revives only one minion, the value is good enough.

1) One Brawl is definitely priority. The second place would be the legendaries (or at least one of them as you already have Dr. Boom). Next should be the cards that suit the meta, such as Brawl in aggro environment or a Gorehowl in a control one.

2) Spellbreaker is better than Owl in Control Warrior, use him instead. 

Bouncing Blade is probably better than whirlwind in a control meta, but worse in an aggro meta. I don't think the deck will be that good without Brawls and I probably wouldn't even play it.

Kraken blocks you from using your Hero Power and can be easily destroyed by Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, Fireball+Ping, etc. Arcanite Reaper is probably a better card

Nefarian is a really bad card and is way too slow. Getting 2 random spells is often bad and unreliable. I like KelThuzad, so I will recommend using him instead. Even if he revives only one minion, the value is good enough.

Yeah, sometimes i feel that the brawl would help me so much, but my ladder is filled with nothing but aggro maniacs that got 1-2 hp minions so the whirlwinds arent that bad. But i imagine when i start fighting some midrange decks, i would be screwed. I think Brawl will be no.1 priority card to make. I was also thinking about using Explosive sheep together with 1 whirlwind effect to make nice 3dmg aoe, or found somewhere that Abdomination could be cheap "replacement" to geddon (i would kill for this card, so damn good).

I must say, i switched to Spellbreaker after few games. Must admit he's got pretty big body and wont die just to ping, so he can actually help with clearing/doing face dmg.

You got nice point on the Kraken, never thought it that way. I was mostly using him as bigger Blackwing Corruptor to clearn some mess. And I have to disagree with Nefarian being bad card. Yeah, its not Ysera and if I had her, she would definitely take his spot. Nefarian has pretty big body that is threatening (no idea how it writes) on its own + you got 2 spells. Yes, the spells are sometimes pretty meh, but I won even when it made Moonfire (was 1 dmg off killing his big dude and fire helped).

With the KelThuzad, I gave him a shot, and even tho I was worried how could he generate any value with so many big minions in deck, i was suprised it actually worked. Most of the times, he revives Sludge (which is awesome) or BoomBots (people are always scared about Boom, never about his bots) and thats value my opponent can never recover.

To finish it, i kicked Owl and Kraken (as you suggestet) and put in SpellBreaker with KT. Hopefully in 2 days i will have enough for Brawl so i could kick out both WWs and put in brawl + Cruel Taskmaster (great to ping/make favorable trade battlecry).

Still thinking what to kick out for ArcaniteReaper

Thanks for suggestions

- Zel

Why it this in the Budget section? It's not budget at all.

Shouldn't the 960 Dust aggro one be in the budget section instead?

This deck: 6720 dust. Full deck: 10-14k dust. This deck is definitely a budget deck. 

The aggro deck is a full deck. Budget doesn't mean cheap, it means that a deck is not full and is cheaper than the full version of it.

Guest gusse

i have wanted to try out control warrior for a while.

unfortunately, i am lacking 1 brawl, 1 shield slam, 1 gorehowl as well as alexstrasza and grom. I have replaced the last two with dr balanced and sylvanas, but any tips on the last 3? I know this is old, just asking.

Sign in to follow this