FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Hearthstone Sun Raider Phaerix

Guest Zed

It's not true for me that he focusses the hero, I did as in the guide but he focuses my minions if they are a thread for him...

Guest Salavon

Great deck... was able to beat it in one try with only 6 cards substituted.  Nice work.

Four rounds and I was victorious! I did have to substitute for Auchenai Soulpriest, Crazed Alchemist, and Injured Blademaster, but I didn't have any problems even allowing the system to auto substitute the remaining cards. The first few rounds were filled with bad RNG as far as silences went, but once I was able to quickly get rid of the rod and silence it on my side, Phaerix needed to change his name to Failrix.

I changed to the Priest build after I was unsuccessful with the Mage deck.

Easy win in round 6 vs Heroic Phaerix with this deck.

Drew Shadow Word:Pain in opening hand, then drew into inner fire & divine spirit combos over the next 6 turns. Finished with a 20/20 sunrod to Failrix's face.

Edited by jonnydeathstar

I was missing a couple of cards ( a second LotN & a Holy Champ) and substituted with Youthful Brewmasters. Stuffed the rod up my shirt and done.

I beat him on Heroic with my control shaman. It took two attempts.

LPoxtxz.png

It's a very straightforward fight, as long as you eliminate the rod threat during the first couple of turns. A T1 Earth Shock did the trick for me. After that, I just maintained board control until I had enough to take him down. Hex was very useful as well. It neutralized the Hoplites or other big enemies, and it's a possible backup for the Earth Shock on T3 if you were unfortunate to have no answer for the rod during T1 or T2. Acidic Swamp Ooze is also useful, since the boss uses multiple weapons. I imagine you could easily defeat this boss with any class as long as you have silences or transforms and possibly weapon destruction. I even came close to beating him with a goofy face hunter deck that I had been playing around with. This boss fight offers a little more freedom than past bosses. Have fun with it. :)

I defeated Heroic Sun Raider Phaerix with these F2P decks.

Heroic Phaerix starts with a 3/8 Rod of the Sun, which makes him immune to any damage while he is controlling it. You have to get rid of the Rod to damage him, but it will be resummoned for the opponent each time it is killed.
Silencing or transforming the Rod will stop this circle and make the fight much easier.
Phaerix's deck includes a lot burn and removal: Fiery Waraxe, Tol'vir Hoplite, Fireball, Arcanite Reaper and Holy Fire, which can end the fight very quickly.
Phaerix will mostly attack your face and ignore your minions, but do not overextend until after the first Flamestrike.
Because of the high pressure Phaerix will put on you, while you still have to figure out how to deal with the Rod, it is highly recommended to use a Reno Jackson deck list.

F2P Shaman (0 Dust)
Source: http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=137669/loe-no-cost-solver-heroic-phaerix

1x Ancestral Healing
1x Frost Shock
1x Goldshire Footman
1x Rockbiter Weapon
1x Voodoo Doctor
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Flametongue Totem
1x Frostwolf Grunt
1x Jeweled Scarab
1x Windfury
2x Hex
1x Ironfur Grizzly
1x Razorfen Hunter
1x Shattered Sun Cleric
1x Silverback Patriarch
1x Dragonling Mechanic
1x Gnomish Inventor
1x Rumbling Elemental
1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Windspeaker
1x Bloodlust
1x Darkscale Healer
1x Djinni of Zephyrs
1x Frostwolf Warlord
1x Stormpike Commando
1x Fire Elemental
1x Reno Jackson
1x Stormwind Champion

Mulligan for Flametongue Totem, Hex and Reno Jackson.
Turn 1: Goldshire Footman.
Turn 2: Frostwolf Grunt, Jeweled Scarab.
Turn 3: Hex the Rod.
Stall until you can Hex the Rod and only then kill Hoplites.
Use Windfury and Bloodlust for the finish.
Only play Reno Jackson after you already drew one Flametongue Totem and one Hex.
Difficulty: Hard (may take more than 10 tries). If you can get Reno's Battlecry on turn 6 or later, the fight will actually be quite easy, but it still might take several tries.

vrv4e10.jpg

Deck changes for Normal Mode: Just use a Basic Shaman deck. You might want to include Jeweled Scarab.

F2P Mage (0 Dust)

1x Goldshire Footman
1x Mirror Image
1x Voodoo Doctor
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
1x Frostbolt
1x Frostwolf Grunt
1x Jeweled Scarab
1x Novice Engineer
1x Arcane Intellect
1x Forgotten Torch
1x Frost Nova
1x Ironfur Grizzly
1x Shattered Sun Cleric
1x Silverback Patriarch
2x Animated Armor
1x Fireball
1x Gnomish Inventor
2x Polymorph
1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Water Elemental
1x Booty Bay Bodyguard
1x Darkscale Healer
1x Ethereal Conjurer
1x Gurubashi Berserker
1x Summoning Stone
1x Lord of the Arena
1x Reno Jackson
1x Flamestrike

Mulligan for Animated Armor, then Polymorph, then Reno Jackson.
Turn 1: Mirror Image, Goldshire Footman.
Turn 2: Frostwolf Grunt, Jeweled Scarab, Novice Engineer.
Turn 3: Ironfur Grizzly, Silverback Patriarch, Arcane Intellect.
Turn 4: Animated Armor.
Turn 5: Polymorph.
Stall until you can stabilise with Animated Armor, Polymorph the Rod and only then kill Hoplites.
Only play Summoning Stone and Gurubashi Berserker after the first Flamestrike and hope for no second one.
Only play Reno Jackson after you already drew one Animated Armor and one Polymorph.
Difficulty: Hard (may take more than 10 tries). If you can get Reno's Battlecry on turn 6 or later, the fight will actually be quite easy, but it still might take several tries.

VXKM5P0.jpg

Deck changes for Normal Mode: Just use a Basic Mage deck. You might want to include Jeweled Scarab.

Guest Krimson

I beat Phaerix with my control Paladin.

Here is the deck list.

1x Zombie Chow

1x Equality

1x Ironbeak Owl

2x Shielded Minibot

2x Muster for Battle

2x Aldor Peacekeeper

1x Big Game Hunter

2x Blackwing Technician

2x Truesilver Champion

2x Consecration

2x Twilight Drake

1x Azure Drake

1x Blackwing Corruptor

2x Dragon Consort

1x Loatheb

2x Sludge Belcher

1x Emperor Thaurissan

1x Volcanic Drake

1x Chromaggus

1x Nefarian

1x Ysera

Turn 5 I put a Dragon Consort down...Turn 7 I dropped Ysera...he focuses on killing Ysera and not taking the staff back giving me the chance to burn him down some more. Turn 8. Win!

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this