Sun Raider Phaerix Guide with Cheap Decks for The League of Explorers
Table of Contents
Sun Raider Phaerix is the second boss of the Temple of Orsis, the first wing of The League of Explorers. In this guide, you will learn how to use cheap decks to defeat Sun Raider Phaerix in both Normal and Heroic modes.
1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30||30 (+15 Armor)|
|Hero Power||Blessings of the Sun is a passive hero power which causes the hero controlling the Rod of the Sun to be immune to damage. The game starts with a minion called Rod of the Sun (0/5) on Phaerix' side of the board. This minion's Deathrattle is that it moves to the opposing player's board, where it appears as a new 0/5.||On Heroic mode, only Phaerix is immune when controlling the Rod of the Sun, and the Rod of the Sun is now a 3/8 instead of a 0/5.|
2. Strategy and Deck Building
The fight with Sun Raider Phaerix comes down to a battle for control of the Rod of the Sun. On Normal mode, this is a 0/5 minion that starts on the opponent's side of the board and switches sides each time it is killed, passing immunity to whichever player controls it. On Heroic mode, it starts as a 3/8, and only grants immunity to Sun Raider Phaerix.
Putting clean methods in your deck to deal with this card makes the fight mostly straightforward. Shadow Word: Pain, Crazed Alchemist, Silence effects and other options are all very effective here. Outside of this, Zombie Chow is a very effective card, since Phaerix starts the fight with Armor on Heroic mode.
Phaerix's deck is mostly aggressive cards, with effects that deal damage to both players in order to take advantage of the immunity effects from the Rod of the Sun. On Heroic mode, these same cards exist but are increased significantly in stats.
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please