2 x Vaporize (Mage)

2 x Acolyte of Pain (Neutral)

2 x Flamewalker (Mage)

2 x Imp Master (Neutral)

2 x Silverhand Regent (Neutral)

2 x Cone of Cold (Mage)

2 x Polymorph (Mage)

2 x Goblin Blastmage (Mage)

Above deck is also a solid alternative, I failed a lot with Pally deck, so created this alternative on my own.

Flamewalker wins the game.

Vaporize is very critical in certain cases, especially with Krakens and those powered up with Blessing of Kings.

Polymorph is mainly for Trion, but if you feel the need to poly a Master Jouster (with Divine shield & Taunt) that should also be okay.

Snowchugger + Annoy-O-Tron helps with the weapons.

Rhonin may replace Ice Block.

The card list isn't entirely correct, at least not for heroic. The AI managed to place THREE armorsmiths on the battlefield at once.

--

Actually... I'll try to compile a heroic card list because that's not the only difference by far. I'll get back with one when I can.

Edited by csarmi
  • Like 1

I used this mill rogue to get his deck list (lost when he got 2 cards left, must have made a mistake somewhere, should have won):

2 Preparation
2 Shadowstep
2 Pit Snake
1 Sir Finley Mrrgglton
2 Gang Up
2 Sap
2 Youthful Brewmaster
1 Brann Bronzebeard
2 Coldlight Oracle
1 Dancing Swords
2 Deathlord
1 Jeeves
2 Refreshment Vendor
2 Antique Healbot
2 Assassinate
1 Emperor Thaurissan
2 Vanish
1 Arch-Thief Rafaam

The idea behind using a mill rogue is simple: he doesn't really have board pressure and the AI has a hard time removing Brann or Thaurissan (read: too stupid not to focus him - sometimes he does target him with bash or the armorsmith guys so careful still). So depleting his deck and milling him is not too hard. It actually worked for me quite well but I made one too many mistakes and lost to an unlucky Blingtron weapon in the end.

Built this deck to have him cycle through all his deck.

OK, this is his decklist. I'm missing one card.

2x Sparring Partner

2x Argent Horserider

2x Scarlet Crusader

3x Armorsmith

Blingtron 3000

2x Tuskarr Jouster

2x Lord of the Arena

2x Master Jouster

Tirion Fordring

2x North Sea Kraken

2x Truesilver Champion

2x Arcanite Reaper

1x Enter the Colisseum

1x Brawl

2x Bash

2x Blessing of Kings

I'm missing  a card with 4+ cost. Not sure what.

Why exactly does a decklist contain  Warrior and Paladin cards?

Boss decks don't go by the rules of usual decks. They can have class cards from multiple classes.

Guest SLT_Genius

You have made a mistake in your heroic list.The Sentinel is using 3x armosmiths and not 2.You can confirm it if you want to.

I defeated Heroic The Steel Sentinel with this F2P deck.

The Steel Sentinel's hero power reduces the incoming damage for him and his minions to one. The attack value of your minions is completely irrelevant, making cards that summon tokens valuable as well as cards with transformation effects.

F2P Mage (0 Dust)
Inspiration: http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=142320/loe-nocost-solver-steel-sentinel

2x Arcane Missiles
2x Elven Archer
2x Mirror Image
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Arcane Explosion
2x Frostbolt
2x Jeweled Scarab
1x Murloc Tidehunter
1x Brann Bronzebeard
2x Frost Nova
2x Animated Armor
2x Polymorph
2x Water Elemental
2x Etheral Conjurer
2x Summoning Stone
2x Wobbling Runts

Mulligan for Animated Armor, then Jeweled Scarab. Steel Sentinel will almost always attack your face and ignore Animated Armor.
Combine spells with Summoning Stone. Combine Discover minions with Brann Bronzebeard. Excellent spells are the Polymorphs, Ice Barrier and Echo of Medivh. Still good are Arcane Missiles/Explosion and board freezes.
Difficulty: Easy (may take up to 5 tries), IF you play Animated Armor on turn 4.

N3nraLP.jpg

Deck changes for Normal Mode: 2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta and 2x Flamestrike instead of 2x Animated Armor and 2x Wobbling Runts.

Guest Gavin

Thanks Fallen for the mage deck. I do not have ice block and replace it with mirror entity. Nail it on the third attempt. 

I defeated Heroic Sentinel on my 4th attempt with Dreadlock (would have been 3 attempts, but I accidentally killed my Mal'Ganis with Void Crusher's inspire power in the game before. Doh!)

e6cIoH2.png

The key to winning this with warlock is Dreadsteed + Baron Rivendare + Mal'Ganis. I'm finding that Dreadsteeds are effective against many of the Adventure bosses. The issue that the AI has is that it completely ignores the deathrattle. All it looks for is efficient trades. Against 1/1 Dreadsteeds, he will attack them with his small minions. When the Sentinel is equipped with a weapon, he will still attack your hero, UNLESS you have a Mal'Ganis in play. Once my Dreadsteeds were buffed to 3/3, Sentinel wasted both charges from BOTH Truesilver Champions by attacking Dreadsteeds. He saw his 4 attack vs their 3 health as a good trade, but he completely ignored the fact that they would just pop right back up. A board of 5 or 6 Dreadsteeds is able to kill most minions immediately following the turn in which they are played. The minions that require an extra damage or two can be finished off by various spells. My deck includes Mortal Coils, Demonwrath, and Bane of Doom, as well as Dark Bargain and Siphon Souls to destroy certain minions (Tirion, Armorsmith, or any minion buffed by Blessing of Kings) outright.

I was thinking that Void Crusher combined with my army of Dreadsteeds would be a good way to kill off larger minions, however in the one game where I used his ability, Crusher killed Mal'Ganis instead of one of the five Dreadsteeds. As if I wasn't already screwed enough, he opted to kill himself on the following turn. I learned my lesson! Never put your trust in Void Crusher...

Guest Zeverouis

2 x Arcane Missiles (Mage)

2 x Mirror Image (Mage)

2 x Clockwork Gnome (Neutral)

2 x Annoy-o-Tron (Neutral)

2 x Snowchugger (Mage)

1 x Sorcerer's Apprentice (Mage)

2 x Arcane Intellect (Mage)

1 x Ice Block (Mage)

2 x Vaporize (Mage)

2 x Acolyte of Pain (Neutral)

2 x Flamewalker (Mage)

2 x Imp Master (Neutral)

2 x Silverhand Regent (Neutral)

2 x Cone of Cold (Mage)

2 x Polymorph (Mage)

2 x Goblin Blastmage (Mage)

Above deck is also a solid alternative, I failed a lot with Pally deck, so created this alternative on my own.

Flamewalker wins the game.

Vaporize is very critical in certain cases, especially with Krakens and those powered up with Blessing of Kings.

Polymorph is mainly for Trion, but if you feel the need to poly a Master Jouster (with Divine shield & Taunt) that should also be okay.

Snowchugger + Annoy-O-Tron helps with the weapons.

Rhonin may replace Ice Block.

O my fucking god thank you for this deck. I have no idea how many times I've lost using all sorts of decks and I won with yours on the first try.

Guest savvynow

I think they improved the AI with one of the updates... it's not ignoring Animated Amor anymore.

Guest lilithgoddess

dude, I have to be honest, or maybe I am doing something wrong.  But the Paladin deck listed here is bad.  I cannot win to save my life with that deck.  Giving the Mage deck a try now....will reply about that in a bit.

Normal mode-- Got him on the first try with a Paly-Murloc deck

2X Murloc Tinyfin

1X Lights Justice

2X Elven Archer

2X Grimscale Oracle

2X Murloc Raider

2X Acidic Swamp Ooze

2X Bilefin Tidehunter

2X Murloc Tidehunter

1X Coldlight Oracle

2X Truesilver Champion

2X Consecration

2X Hammer or Wrath

2X Murloc Knight

1X Guardian of Kinds

1X Stormwind Champion

2X Anyfin Can Happen

For Heroic:

Shadowstep x 2

Pit Snake x 2

Sir Finley Mrrgglton x 1

Acidic Swamp Ooze x 2

Gang Up x 2

Patient Assassin x 2

Sap x 2

Blood Knight x 2

Brann Bronzebeard x 1

Deathlord x 2

Emperor Cobra x 2

Refreshment Vendor x 2

Antique Healbot x 2

Assassinate x 1

Maexxna x 1

The Black Knight x 1

Vanish x 2

Arch-Thief Rafaam x 1

After failing enough times with the suggested pally deck, I attempted the Rogue deck mentioned above. This got me much further along against the boss than the pally deck did, but it still wasn't quite enough, so I tweaked it a bit and this was the end result. This deck focuses on using hard removals and sustains. I noticed recurring Divine Shields so I tossed the blood knights in and they worked wonders for me. I used both Gang Up cards on Patient Assassin, as he is the most reliable removal tool as long as the boss doesn't use his board clears, which he only has two of, and both Shadowsteps were used on my Black Knight. If you have both Black Knight and Acidic Swamp Ooze in hand, Tirion becomes null and void. With Mrrgglton, if presented with the option, pick the pally hero power. By the end of the fight, the boss had no cards left either in deck or in hand, and even though Fatigue still only does one damage at a time to him, I was able to summon a full board of minions in time to kill him through the use of the pally hero power.

Guest f1sto

Just did it with Mecha'thun druid. Was very easy and a bless after trying it with different decks for several hours.