FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Demonology Tips and Quirks

I GOT THE LFR UNERRING ERRRMAHGEERRRRRDD!!! Proc rate is so fickle, haha. I'll occasionally get back to back procs and not see another proc for 3 minutes, good times! Still loving it though. =D

• Like 2

Just got Unerring and have a question about making sure I get the most out of the proc. What's the best way to handle getting a Perfect Aim proc in the middle of a cast? Do you have meta tied to a stopcasting macro or something like that?

I have a stopcast on.my meta yes and you should be aiming 2 x Doom 1 x ToC on Perfect Aim in.most cases.

• Like 1

I was wondering, would the HC UVoLS proc rate be high enough to justify loosing the EA glyph for increased damage? Or would the hassle of reacting to the proc more often / maybe less uptime on multiple targets not worth the increase in damage?

It's not like I'm raiding anything but LFR, let alone have any version of the trinket. But staying updated on lock mechanics no matter what :P

Well, the thing is you want the EA glyth because you end up with more ticks thus more wild imps (I think thats how it works). Even with an increased proc rate, chances are you wont get your buffed doom every 2 mins, meaning less imps and less dps. Also, if you could get it every 2 mins, it could cause problems having to go into meta so often with its 10 second CD, which could mess up for HoG charges or allowing corruption to fall off.

• Like 1

I GOT THE LFR UNERRING ERRRMAHGEERRRRRDD!!! Proc rate is so fickle, haha. I'll occasionally get back to back procs and not see another proc for 3 minutes, good times! Still loving it though. =D

So fucking lucky..

I wanted to throw my monitor through the window when my bonus roll came up with gold. xD

Edited by Vestion

We disenchanted tonight's 522 Unerring. So sad to see it just disappear...

We disenchanted tonight's 522 Unerring. So sad to see it just disappear...

And this is a great example of what you *don't* want to say on the warlock forums.

*Sent from my I-Phone while en route to Morgantown, WV*

• Like 1

Just realised, while using glyph of shadow bolt, crits count separately for each bolt. For example, say each one of my shadow bolt things deal 15k damage, one critting is only 30k, instead of the 90k i would get without the glyph. Ofc they can all crit at the same time, but that would be very, very lucky. Anyway, just thought I should point that out. It dosnt make too much of a difference though, its rare to use shadow bolt most of the time.

It makes 0 difference, you only thought the situation that your normal Shadow Bolt would crit but some of your glpyhed Shadow Bolts might not crit. There is also a vice versa situation that your normal Shadow Bolt wouldn't crit and your glyphed ones might crit so it balances out

Just realised, while using glyph of shadow bolt, crits count separately for each bolt. For example, say each one of my shadow bolt things deal 15k damage, one critting is only 30k, instead of the 90k i would get without the glyph. Ofc they can all crit at the same time, but that would be very, very lucky. Anyway, just thought I should point that out. It dosnt make too much of a difference though, its rare to use shadow bolt most of the time.

Exactly, especially now if you get the new tier gear to increase your Meta form uptime. Combined for the lucky people with UVoLS, your DF generation is stupid high. I for sure start with a pre-pot and pre-shadow bolt on the pull though to get that first imp out. Otherwise Shadowbolt usage is lowish.

It makes 0 difference, you only thought the situation that your normal Shadow Bolt would crit but some of your glpyhed Shadow Bolts might not crit. There is also a vice versa situation that your normal Shadow Bolt wouldn't crit and your glyphed ones might crit so it balances out

I didnt think of it that way. I suppose it does balance out a bit, but not entirely, because its still a lot of damage to miss out on. Its basically in multiplying the chance it will crit by 3, but if it does then its much less effective, less than a normal shadow bolt in fact, though still slightly more due to the other bolts. Edited by Vestion

I didnt think of it that way. I suppose it does balance out a bit, but not entirely, because its still a lot of damage to miss out on. Its basically in multiplying the chance it will crit by 3, but if it does then its much less effective, less than a normal shadow bolt in fact, though still slightly more due to the other bolts.

Over time with a static crit chance, they will even out. Obviously you could get lucky some attempts with spam unglyphed SB crits, but it's unlikely. The same could happen with the glyphed version. The thing that makes the glyph special is the 2 extra hits that help proc rates.

I know why people should use the glyph, its a good reason as well, just thought I should point it out to those who dont know :)

Over time with a static crit chance, they will even out. Obviously you could get lucky some attempts with spam unglyphed SB crits, but it's unlikely. The same could happen with the glyphed version. The thing that makes the glyph special is the 2 extra hits that help proc rates.

RPPM has nothing to do with attacks per minute.

Only 1 of 3 mini-shadow bolts counts for any proc, u could test it in Demon Soul trinket, the one which gave 1 intelect stack each hit, whith or without the glyph, you generate only 1 stack.

And this is a great example of what you *don't* want to say on the warlock forums.

*Sent from my I-Phone while en route to Morgantown, WV*

I'd buy you a drink over it.

Hm, this seems really obvious now, and I should probably of known this a while ago, but mastery effects doomguard. So, DS + execution phase or at the start of the fight?

Doomguard is a waste of a CD. For being a 10 min CD, it's really crappy. I think if you don't need a powerful execute, then he's best used up front. You risk not having all 17 of his crap bolts being cast if you wait until 20%.

I'm having trobule with casting 4 Dooms on Perfect Aim procs. I'm testing on dummy at the moment but results are not good. I had a macro for Meta-Doom so I apply first Doom instantly. Even with that I struggle on 4th Doom. We are going to progress on Council next week so I have to be %100 ready for it. I remember there are commands like /target boss1 or /cast [@boss1] to target bosses on encounters. I was thinking about binding F1 to F4 with those macros with first one also switching to Meta but I don't know exact macro commands.

I'm having trobule with casting 4 Dooms on Perfect Aim procs. I'm testing on dummy at the moment but results are not good. I had a macro for Meta-Doom so I apply first Doom instantly. Even with that I struggle on 4th Doom. We are going to progress on Council next week so I have to be %100 ready for it. I remember there are commands like /target boss1 or /cast [@boss1] to target bosses on encounters. I was thinking about binding F1 to F4 with those macros with first one also switching to Meta but I don't know exact macro commands.

Mouseover corruption/doom macro + elvui boss frames. If you click them individually, I don't see you getting 4.

Doomguard is a waste of a CD. For being a 10 min CD, it's really crappy. I think if you don't need a powerful execute, then he's best used up front. You risk not having all 17 of his crap bolts being cast if you wait until 20%.

Its not like both fire ele and GoAK both blow our doomguard out of the water on a cd HALF OF OURS....owait..yes they do.

I dont have the trinket yet so im not sure, but would getting more haste fix that for you, if you arnt already.