FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Demonology Tips and Quirks

I wouldnt say its only effective when you get the trinket. It just becomes amazing when you get that trinket. Right now, im playing demo without the trinket and getting more dps than I would destro. Then again, that could be down to just being better at one spec than the other, but as far as im concerned, demo is great with or without the trinket.

For shits and giggles, what are you pumping out on Durumu? My last parse was 133k as Destruction and I'd like to compare to your Demo parses. Also, the link to your character is broken and the EU WoW site doesn't recognize your name. Did you get a name change?

http://worldoflogs.c.../?s=1166&e=1334

^Best case single target scenario. Fight duration was 2:40 giving me JUST enough time for two Dark Soul bursts as well as a hearty execute phase. Just went to LFR Gara'jal to use him as a test dummy. For some reason, I used Grim of Service. Doh.

5 Perfect Aim procs in 2:40. Wush still had crap uptime. Tempus Repit uptime was solid. Metamorphosis uptime over 55% lol

For shits and giggles, what are you pumping out on Durumu? My last parse was 133k as Destruction and I'd like to compare to your Demo parses. Also, the link to your character is broken and the EU WoW site doesn't recognize your name. Did you get a name change?

I would love to tell you, but I haven't raided in about 4 weeks due to guild complications D= It seems i'm going to be stuck at 4/12 for a while.

I know about my armory link, I changed server recently so I could start raiding again, idk if its going to sort itself out or I need a new link though.

Edit: Turns out I needed to just make a new link after all. Its fixed now.

Edited by Vestion

http://worldoflogs.c.../?s=1166&e=1334

^Best case single target scenario. Fight duration was 2:40 giving me JUST enough time for two Dark Soul bursts as well as a hearty execute phase. Just went to LFR Gara'jal to use him as a test dummy. For some reason, I used Grim of Service. Doh.

5 Perfect Aim procs in 2:40. Wush still had crap uptime. Tempus Repit uptime was solid. Metamorphosis uptime over 55% lol

That's pretty fucking sexy. Now take off that OP trinket and do it again so I can get a more realisic comparison. <3

I find it funny none of the other Warlocks in your group are going 'man, you're crushing us by over 20k DPS...shouldn't we switch to Demo to be competitive?'

As for those pesky Perfect Aim procs, nothing more annoying than it not proccing in the beginning. I know it's not guaranteed, but out of 30 Heroic Meg attempts, 27 of them had procs at the beginning. On the 3 that it didn't happen, my DPS was mega nerfed. I love Demonology, but tying its DPS to trinkets that do THAT much are beyond absurd. My favorite proc was literally as one head died, so it lasted only until just before the other head popped up thus effectively wasting the only proc I got in 3 minutes and 15 seconds. RNG is a fickle beast.

Do you chain pull or there is 3-4 minute between pulls?

For other warlock of our guild, they are competitive on most fights but on single target, I crush them :D We only had 2 UVoLS dropped so far and I think one of the other warlocks thinking about Demonology but other one is just loves Destruction and he is really good at it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/US-EU/Throne_of_Thunder/Durumu_the_Forgotten/10N/Destruction_Warlock/

For the record, my pet randomly went on passive at some point and I didn't notice. Fuck. This. Game.

"Demo" parses. =P

Also, the platform likes to cause pets to randomly despawn, was that what happened? I'll summon a pet, run to my starting spot, get to my starting spot, and my pet is gone. It's pretty rofl.

Hi guys, got a noob question for you all. Is there a cap on imps at all?

Also does anyone know an addon that counts imps? Thanks in advance btw great thread :)

No cap on Imps, I assure you. I've seen at least 25 beside me on Council. An Imp counter would need to have Tyrion Lannister's face shouting "ONE IMP, TWO IMPS, THREE IMPS" for me to download it. Get on it, addon writers.

• Like 3

Wondering about the opener here. Why pop service between HoG? It scales dynamically, so use it at the start to get some early DF generation. Insead, fit two shadow bolts or soulfire in between to get even more DF, some damage and allow the first HoG to tick more. Also, DS dosnt count as a GCD, so maybe you can fit it in after the second spell between HoG, but im not sure about this way. Personally, i use all my CDs (DS, Lifeblood, service and imp swarm) after curse and i seem to get the most burst that way.

I like burst, but I enjoy perfecting my sustained more. I find by delaying Service, I hold onto my DF long enough to not pop out of Meta due to lack of DF while my Imps get their shit together. I always enjoy seeing the Moonkin, Hunter, and Rogue burst up there with me but they slowly trickle down while my Imps keep me up top. They have ramp up time, so I adjust accordingly.

Well, tbh I havnt been considering sustain much recently, mostly focusing on a nice opener. But then again, I dont really see how delaying service incrases sustained. I mean, service will generate the same amount of DF whenever you cast it and if anything you get more DF by not delaying because you get in thoes two spells. By the time you have CDs running and second HoG charge your imps are also defeinty contirbuting to DF. Then again, I may be looking at this in the wrong way. When are you poping imp swarm btw? im assuming after DS, but you dont say in the opener.

Tortos and Megaera. Tortos for the burst on the bats, Megaera for the pet continued damage while I'm running around from Ice Beam as well as the burst on the adds. I would imagine I would use it on Heroic Durumu and Lei Shen as well.

I'm on slow duty on Tortos so I'm Affliction there but I think I can try it on Megaera. We had 30-40 tries on heroic last week but I always played sac.

Tortos and Megaera. Tortos for the burst on the bats, Megaera for the pet continued damage while I'm running around from Ice Beam as well as the burst on the adds. I would imagine I would use it on Heroic Durumu and Lei Shen as well.

Unless you're soloing them, double chaos wave on lei shen balls and they'll be dead.

^^^

I love Chaos Wave in certain situations, although you're missing out on a fuck ton of Molten Core charges and DF generation. If people are getting owned because they aren't getting downed fast enough, then yes, Chaos Wave the shit out of them.

I think he meant for heroic Lei Shen and as far as I know Ball Lightnings are the only damage concern in the heroic so you need to save HoG chages for them and use 2x Chaos Wave.

Is Chaos Wave a necessity on those balls if everyone switches to them? I've only done Lei Shen twice on normal mode and haven't attempted on heroic. I mostly step out to let others get stuff since I have the OH and trinket already. In my two kills, the balls were melted by 2x Hand of Guldan -> Shadowflame buffed by Metamorphosis along with Immo Aura and Void Ray. Wouldn't Chaos Wave x2 deplete you of Demonic Fury in a real fast manner? Chaos Wave is 120 per, right? That's a quarter of your DF bar. Hand of Guldan x2 + Meta buffed Shadowflame also generates Demonic Fury allowing you to keep Immo Aura + Void Ray spam while those balls are up. Like I said, I've had little time spent on either version of the boss, so I can't testify with integrity which is better.

I know I tested Chaos Wave on trash before Council. I was moderately unimpressed with the 95k damage per mob hit. I felt Hand of Guldan + Shadowflame > Chaos Wave for anything. Since I'm on bat duty, Shadowflame was my top damage source on a #17 Heroic Tortos parse. Could push higher if I was the only one on bats, but all I care about is winning.

I know I tested Chaos Wave on trash before Council. I was moderately unimpressed with the 95k damage per mob hit. I felt Hand of Guldan + Shadowflame > Chaos Wave for anything. Since I'm on bat duty, Shadowflame was my top damage source on a #17 Heroic Tortos parse. Could push higher if I was the only one on bats, but all I care about is winning.

Objective is the kill the balls before the second tick of their damage, so yes, the burst really does matter.

Interesting. Good to know for the future. Normal Lei Shen is like afk mode now, so hopefully Heroic is exciting. I hate banging my head on Heroic Megaera. Just brutal damage going out.

If you could land the KB with Chaos Wave wouldn't it be worth it as well? The +100 DF from each KB should make up for the initial DF cost. No clue how hard that would be to do in a raid, but I've loved using CW where I can get AoE killing blows (Zandalari Warscout Scarab Swarm ftw).