FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Demonology Tips and Quirks

I see. Thing is, im still yet to get that trinket, so im also yet to start understanding the best ways to use it.

To be honest I kind of worded that question badly, was in a rush, but yea was just making sure.

Yeah and the bullshit where even with the EA glyph, Corr only goes to 27 seconds when refreshing via ToC. It should be up to 40 sec like if you apply it via the spell. Corruption hits for like 6k with the glyph and its nerf-gutting. I find maintaining the opening very difficult to do with Grim of Sac because you miss out on the Felguard's generation.

Since I tried to go back goServ after a while, I didn't switch it if I'm not on the council fight and I don't miss it to be honest. I pulled 210k dps on Durumu normal and my Felguard + goServ Felguard was %15 of my total damage which is quite nice. About pets bugging on Durumu, if you summon them near or on the bridge, they despawn. If you summon them on other sides of the platform they don't. We are going to spend some time on Durumu before we focus on Primordius and I think Felstorm + goServ Felstorm would be a great addition to our aoe nuke you pointed out.

We managed to pull an amazing week with 3 first kills, Council, Iron Qon and Twin Consorts. I played Demonology on all of 3. Council is obvious unless you can keep 3 sets of DoTs with Soul Swap whole time, Iron Qon is single target with a multi target execute so both Affliction and Demonology works well there, for Twins Affli might pull better number due to multi dotting little adds but I was rocking on single target damage and AoE burn on adds.

Edited by Sifon

So you got Twins without Durumu and Primordius? My raid leader has been skeptical about the ease of Twins. We've downed all except for Dark Animus, Twins, and Lei Shen. How would you compare Twins to other fights?

I think I'm done going Grim of Sac as Demo on anything except Council. For the rest, I'll be trying to decide between Service or Supremacy. For some reason, I just dig Service. I'm pushing the 9k Haste mark with the rest in Mastery, so it makes sense for me to be using demons. On Durumu, I was trying to get my Wrathguard to Wrathstorm multiple points on the Ice Walls. He doesn't reach very many points. Too bad Manno's Fury doesn't affect him, too. I watched a couple of Durumu vids where people used a Wrathguard, but I didn't see them doing better DPS than I did with Grim of Sac. I also didn't notice Wrathstorm being used when the wall went up...it was just used on CD. I used Sac to not deal with the pet despawning, but I'll try your method this week of using the other side of the platform. Having a pet would definitely help my opener. It also helps because the only time Grim of Sac will pull ahead is if you're always using the single target Grim of Sac buffed abilities. Since Durumu consists of multiple AoE burst phases, a pet generating more DF for you will be more beneficial.

I think we're putting attempts in Dark Animus this week...should be fun. Hopefully we can knock DA and Twins out and start working on the rage-inducing Lei Shen.

We had to try Twins because we killed Iron Qon with a full raid day left so we gave it a go, and some magic happened. It was a lot easier than I thought I'd say spare at least a full night for Twins before going all in on Dark Animus because I had that is the Wall of China of progression for this tier.

Is there a reason to use Supremacy over Service? Because I'm almost sure that Service Felguard does more than %20 of the damage my Felguard deals because its always up with +18000 mastery from Dark Soul. My main spec is Affliction but I'm still having doubts about having 13-14k haste as Demo. Sometimes I drain way too much fury on Dark Soul that I can't spam Soul Fire for whole duration which I don't like. But going with lower haste will hurt Affliction probably, I'm still having doubts. And what is the 9k haste mark? I know about 8-8.1k one but never heard of that unless you are saying 9.7k Corruption one.

So, why no more sac suddenly? I thought it would be brilliant with the lei shen trinket. I can understand service/supremacy without the trinket, having the extra DF is great, but if you have enough imps out and your haste isnt stupidly high, wouldnt sac be better?

The 9k Haste I have on my profile atm gives me a 1.00 Soulfire with Bloodlust and Tempus Repit active. I'm pretty sure we will be putting attempts into Twins. Not sure why some feel it's harder as I've heard over 10 testimonials that Dark Animus is way harder than Twins.

Service Felguard would be empowered by Dark Soul making it quite awesome. Not sure on the math of it versus the Wrathguard. Remember, the Wrathguard would also benefit from that Mastery and do 30% more damage. I think it's negligible (single target) to take the Wrathguard over Service Felguard if you don't want to worry about another CD to use. However, I can't really say which one wins in a situation of constant cleaving (Tortos, for example). Here's how it would work out...

Bats spawn every 45 sec - Felstorm/Wrathstorm is on 45 sec CD

First bats - Service - Felstorm x 2

Second bats - Service - Felstorm x 1

Third bats - Service - Felstorm x 1

Fourth bats - Service - Felstorm x 2

First bats - Supremacy - Wrathstorm x 1

Fourth bats - Supremacy - Wrathstorm x 1

So every 2 minutes, on demand burst in a 45 sec CD window, Service would give you double Felstorms every third time. Seems like it would outweigh the Wrathstorm, but then again, what if the double Felstorm was TOO MUCH? As in the bats died while one Felguard was still spinning. It would seem that getting the extra damage on each wave would be better. I'm pretty sure in regards to single target the choice doesn't matter and it's difficult to say which one comes out ahead in other types of scenarios.

So, why no more sac suddenly? I thought it would be brilliant with the lei shen trinket. I can understand service/supremacy without the trinket, having the extra DF is great, but if you have enough imps out and your haste isnt stupidly high, wouldnt sac be better?

In any situation where you are not doing your full single target rotation, your Fel/Wrathguard will do far more damage. Grim of Sac only buffs your single target spells, so if you're using Immolation Aura, Void Ray, etc then having a pet out will not only buff your damage, it'll increase your Demonic Fury generation to increase Metamorphosis uptime.

I hate RNG so much. 195k going into 6th head on Megaera and the adds wipe us. Amazing procs right when I need them. Next attempt: worst procs EVER. Didn't see Perfect Aim until third head and I was back kiting an Ice Beam -_-...of course, we kill it that attempt. 195k on one attempt before 2nd pot, Bloodlust, and Doomguard then 135k on the kill because procs are stupid. RAGGGGEEEEE

On another note.....

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=8391&e=8719

ERMAHGERD I BLERD STERF ERP!!!!

Looks like you almost reached 1 mil at one point during that fight Posted Image

Get that corruption up-time up son!

EDIT: nvm idk what i was reading, but a 660 peak isnt bad either hehe

Edited by Cruzan

When you snapshot doom at the start of the fight with all thoes wonderful buffs, I have been wondering if its better to let doom fall off before re-applying it. So, should I let the last very powerful tick happen and then apply or just apply when im it meta and its got sub 30 seconds left?

When you snapshot doom at the start of the fight with all thoes wonderful buffs, I have been wondering if its better to let doom fall off before re-applying it. So, should I let the last very powerful tick happen and then apply or just apply when im it meta and its got sub 30 seconds left?

If it's locked at 100% crit time, let the last tick happen then reapply.

LOL, did you get the "dude, Warlocks are OP" comments from guildies?

Of course! But I was protected by my babies. Even if it looks easy, people don't understand how adaptable you need to be at any second of a fight. You can't just swap into Meta for a second to take advantage of a buff. You have to be in it for the long haul so when Perfect Aim decides to surprise sex you, you're ready.

It's funny though, there's a fine line between, "Wow, this person is good" and "Lol, your class is a complete joke".

Also, that damage spike is probably when I decided to throw out 2 Chaos Waves on the orgy pile of elementals for shits and giggles. 2 casts = 2+ million damage. And yeah yeah, HoG would have been better, but damnit, Chaos Wave is always in the corner crying and needs love too.

Edited by Omaric
  • Like 1

If it's locked at 100% crit time, let the last tick happen then reapply.

I don't have the trinket, so I mean without 100% crit but hero, pot, trinkets and CDs

I'd still let them tick if you're currently running with little or no buffs. Doom is a heavy hitter so it's best to let it do more damage and lose a second of uptime IMO.

Edited by Omaric
  • Like 1

Holy shit you blerd sterf erp too! Give me that TF'd trinket preez, k thx! =)

Once I get that I can drop some haste. I'm hand-holding my LFR UVoLS with massive haste, stupid proc rate!

I heard someone is showing off, http://www.worldoflo.../?s=2739&e=3012 BAM!

Damn you,that's nice!I see u went for the next Doom breakpoint,over 13k haste,how is it working?Are u using glyph of EA on every fight atm?Does that amount of haste increase uptime of trinkets in a noticeable way?

Sadly,my guild switched to 10 man so I won't have a chance anymore to get better dps on council :(

Looks like I need to convince my raid to lust at the start, haha.