FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Demonology Tips and Quirks

It does seem that at a certain level of haste combined with the number of targets swapping serv for sac would be a good option. If you don't have a massive amount of imps running around like on council type fights then sac becomes less valuable I would assume. The added burst of serv is helpful in most situations as well while likely not being a large loss, if at all, overall single-target.

I'd try to help with the statistics side of the glyph of EA analysis, but my C+ in Engineering Statistics tells me not to trust any of my math with anything over a 75% confidence interval Posted Image

As you progress into higher levels of gear (520+), Posted ImageGrimoire of Sacrifice becomes a very solid single target Grimoire. With this Grimoire, you will be commanding legions of Posted ImageWild Imps. Wild Imps is a very important part of Demonology DPS.

Zagam, this part in your guide is possibly a little misleading for newcomers to the spec that don't know the only reason you're gaining legions of imps is because of a trinket that isn't mentioned. :D

^^

Even with the trinket and 520 ilvl, I still see Service being more DPS, the only fight where I see Sac being useful is Council. IMO

Zagam, this part in your guide is possibly a little misleading for newcomers to the spec that don't know the only reason you're gaining legions of imps is because of a trinket that isn't mentioned. Posted Image

Yeah, I'll mention everything is tied to it.

Using soulfire during meta sounds like a good idea if you have a large int proc, even more so if you are using sac, so thats what I have been doing and it seems to work fine.

Using soulfire during meta sounds like a good idea if you have a large int proc, even more so if you are using sac, so thats what I have been doing and it seems to work fine.

Soulfire was *almost* my top DPS ability on our 1st heroic Jin'Rokh kill. Wild Imps of course at the top. 13.2 million compared to 13.6 million.

Soulfire was *almost* my top DPS ability on our 1st heroic Jin'Rokh kill. Wild Imps of course at the top. 13.2 million compared to 13.6 million.

How much was your dps?

How much was your dps?

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=9080&e=9435

Nothing special. We had far too many wipes and we eventually made the decision to have everyone out of the pools before Ionization went out so that we cut off those types of failures. I generally didn't follow that plan and tried to keep my pool uptime high. (As I think did most people)

Edited by Omaric

So erm...thats a yes? xD

That's a yes good sir. Soulfire in Meta with buffs = win.

• Like 1

Soulfire during dark soul namely is a very good thing to do. We had excessive DF last tier, its only exacerbated by the new tier bonuses. Because of the tier bonuses, in conjunction with unerring vision, we're rolling in DF compared to the previous tier. Soulfire previously wasn't used primarily because ToC is instant, therefore not incurring the KJC penalty, and costs a large amount of DF that made it hard to sustain meta for long. Now, its not really a problem to be using it. It has always *technically* been a dps gain single target, it just didn't play well in game.

Also, heroic iron qon as demo ftw :D:D

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ymo28fxack85epdf/sum/damageDone/?s=12367&e=12872

Edited by gahhda
  • Like 1

Dat two minute burst...looks like you got it to line up when you had 4 targets to hit ;) I FINALLY got Heroic Breath, so I'm anticipating a HUGE DPS gain over Wush. I just couldn't find a way to really utilize Wush as Demonology, may it be fault of my own playstyle.

Soulfire used to not be such a high priority because, like Gahhda said, it had a high DF cost and wasn't instant. This tier, it has a lower cost during Dark Soul with the 2pc bonus, more casts available with the 4pc, and it received a 22% buff. I find myself using Soulfire a LOT more as my gear improves.

I'll do today the Normal Raid with Demo for testing the spec and re-learning my beloved and favorite spec.

Any tips about reforge or something like that?

I'll go full Haste probably with Grim Sacrifice besides at tortos and Horridon, I guess.

Edited by JvChequer

Dat two minute burst...looks like you got it to line up when you had 4 targets to hit Posted Image I FINALLY got Heroic Breath, so I'm anticipating a HUGE DPS gain over Wush. I just couldn't find a way to really utilize Wush as Demonology, may it be fault of my own playstyle.

Soulfire used to not be such a high priority because, like Gahhda said, it had a high DF cost and wasn't instant. This tier, it has a lower cost during Dark Soul with the 2pc bonus, more casts available with the 4pc, and it received a 22% buff. I find myself using Soulfire a LOT more as my gear improves.

Just treat Wush like you would for Destruction. Line up your heavy hitter towards the end. Meta > Soulfire with 8'ish seconds left.

Also, dat 2 minute burst indeed. I had a beautiful thing going on Iron Qon last night, then Unerring proc'd 3 times back to back and ended a few seconds before the cold kitty died. No imp happiness on the final phase was sad face. Grats on your trinket though!

I'll do today the Normal Raid with Demo for testing the spec and re-learning my beloved and favorite spec.

Any tips about reforge or something like that?

I'll go full Haste probably with Grim Sacrifice besides at tortos and Horridon, I guess.

Yeah man, I'm loving full haste. Also, Grimoire of Service is growing on me a lot too. The only times you want to use Sacrifice seem to be for multi-target fights or fights like Jin'Rokh where your pets can't take advantage of the pools full time.

Edited by Omaric

Yeah man, I'm loving full haste. Also, Grimoire of Service is growing on me a lot too. The only times you want to use Sacrifice seem to be for multi-target fights or fights like Jin'Rokh where your pets can't take advantage of the pools full time.

Weird, I though Sacrifice was better at Single target fights.

I'm mixing my secondary stats and grimoires up a bit to see different things. Saw a 45k DPS increase on Heroic Tortos this week with Haste at 8300 and Mastery at 9200. Saw a 10k DPS increase on Heroic Megaera with the same stat forging. Both of these I used Grim of Service. I'm using Sacrifice on Heroic Durumu and seeing very favorable numbers. I'm pretty sure the DPS swing for each is pretty small, but it's all dependent on your role in your group on that particular fight. If I was doing Whirl Turtles instead of bats on Heroic Tortos, for example, I would be using Grim of Sac to increase single target damage.

Looking at logs, there is some very interesting logs out there. This Affliction "bug" is being utilized extremely well to see 300k+ on Megaera and 400k+ on Council. I'm guessing that there's a fair amount of padding going on and using the "Festerswap" strategy pretty well. Snapping Perfect Aim as Affliction is coming alive in any fight with a secondary target. Take a look at Cocoabutters on Mal'Ganis for those results.

Looking at logs, there is some very interesting logs out there. This Affliction "bug" is being utilized extremely well to see 300k+ on Megaera and 400k+ on Council. I'm guessing that there's a fair amount of padding going on and using the "Festerswap" strategy pretty well. Snapping Perfect Aim as Affliction is coming alive in any fight with a secondary target. Take a look at Cocoabutters on Mal'Ganis for those results.

I'm trying to imagine the amount of micro involved to keep two fully loaded sets of DoT's for Council. Pairing them up and swapping them between your pairs. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Edited by Omaric

I want to know how this damn thing works so badly. Yeah, you'd have to make them two pairs of twins. Sul + Frostking and Princess + Kaz. Bouncing between the two would be just hilarious. You'd also have to do it every 12-14 seconds. I noticed his MG uptime was 24%. Spent a lot of time moving DoTs around.

I'd just ask raid to put symbols over their heads and in my head I'd be like "square goes in circle, circle goes in square", "triangle goes in star, star goes in triangle". Just.... ugh, just gross. *headexplode*

I'll stick with Demo. Doom for you, Doom for you, Doom for you, DOOM FOR EVERYONE! Imp dance party.

• Like 2

I consider myself a classy combination of Oprah handing out Dooms for free with a little Ferry Corsten initiating a mass Wild Imp trance party!

You can maintain 3 sets on council rather easily, though you'll spend 90% of the fight soul swapping.

You can maintain 3 sets on council rather easily, though you'll spend 90% of the fight soul swapping.

True. I didn't think of just using one of the trolls as a swap dummy. Either way, that playstyle is just dumb to me.