FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
L0rinda

Hearthstone: Red Bull Interview With Thijs

15686-hearthstone-red-bull-interview-wit

Red Bull have conducted an interview with European Champion, and World Championship semi-finalist, Thijs. Thijs was one of the very best players last season and it is interesting to see his take on things.

In the interview, he is asked about his life as a pro player. This encompasses travel, tournaments, and his preparation. He is also asked about how he feels Blizzard are doing, both with expansions to the game, and the new World Championship format.

Two things stood out to me in the interview. Firstly, is his use of statistics to predict which decks people will bring to tournaments. Preparing for your opponents is becoming more and more widely recognized as an important factor in high level tournaments and the best players refer to it often. Secondly, it stood out just how positive he is as a person. I alluded to this in my Know your players series, and it's nice to see that his ego-boosting year hasn't changed his superb attitude.
  • Like 1