Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor

Recommended Posts

On October 4, 2016 at 0:23 PM, Deadset said:

While I generally agree with Blainie against the replacement of the Endless Walk set for endgame progression, you can have a decent and fun alternative in running both Tall Man's and Short Man's Finger + a Hellfire. :)

What attribute would you add to the Hellfire Ammy?

Icy-veins says, " If you go the damage dealing route swap out Convention of Elements Convention of Elements from the gearing recommendations, and run The Tall Man's Finger The Tall Man's Finger instead."

I'm confused here... It doesn't say anywhere on the Build Page where/when to use Convention of Elements... so how can I relace something that's not there?

 

****

 

I'm still sorta new to ROS.   I bought D3 when it came out but I've only been playing ROS a few months... I played the XBox Version of ROS but it was only updated once and the ROS for Computer is just so difference... so please excuse my ignorance..

Edited by albabe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2016 at 7:13 PM, albabe said:

I'm confused here... It doesn't say anywhere on the Build Page where/when to use Convention of Elements... so how can I relace something that's not there?

It's likely that this is just a section that missed replacement from an older version. Will get it updated ASAP, sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 was looking at hellfire amulets. but the passives have messed up adviced in the guide is:

Gruesome Feast or Fierce Loyalty

But both those passives are already selected in the passives for the speed build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2016 at 2:39 PM, MrHandsome said:

 was looking at hellfire amulets. but the passives have messed up adviced in the guide is:

Gruesome Feast or Fierce Loyalty

But both those passives are already selected in the passives for the speed build.

Hey, I hope the wording wasn't too confusing. The passives selection for the speed build is correct, and the Hellfire Amulet (also meant for speedruns) simply suggests those 2 passives again so they can free up the slots for any other passives of your liking - such as the Spirit Vessel cheat death, or the additional damage from Confidence Ritual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest elloy

hi, since i couldn't find a thread for the arachyr/firebats build im posting this here:

im running the build exactly as per deadset's guide (multiplayer progression) and it works totally fine - the only thing i'm struggling with is the rift guardian. not in terms of DPS but because of running low on mana quickly. haunt/draining spirit on one monster (the guardian) simply doesnt give me back enough mana.

any idea on how to improve that? maybe implement rush of essence? if so, which other passive should i sacrifice?

thx a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2016 at 6:52 PM, Guest LouisDragon said:

How much LOH needed for GR and where to put it?

Hey, to my knowledge you don't need to actively roll for Life on Hitr on gear; high ranking Witch Doctors simply use Leeching Beasts and Paragon Points LoH for sustain. If you'd prefer to augment it further though, you can drop the Vitality roll from the bracers for a decent LoH roll.

On 11/8/2016 at 0:11 PM, Guest elloy said:

any idea on how to improve that? maybe implement rush of essence? if so, which other passive should i sacrifice?

Hey, the Guardian is indeed a bit of a struggle for Mana. You shouldn't need to swap passives though, the ones suggested in the Firebats guide are all very valuable to the build. One thing you can try is replacing the Severance rune of Spirit Walk for Honored Guest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Zunimassa mix

I'm using the Helltooth set mixed with Zunimassa's ring and fetish to keep my Fetishes up for a total of 7 pets. Chuck in Poison Cloud and Ring of Poison and watch mobs melt. The dagger is the craftable Living Umbral Oath. I cubed the Short Man's Finger ring for Zunimassa's Ring with Focus on the other finger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Samoski

Great build / guide!

Sorry if this was already asked / talked about, but is there ever a time I stop spending my paragon pts on int ? Atm I have movement 50/50, Int 97 /00. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2016 at 5:06 PM, Guest Samoski said:

Great build / guide!

Sorry if this was already asked / talked about, but is there ever a time I stop spending my paragon pts on int ? Atm I have movement 50/50, Int 97 /00. Thanks

Normal recommendation is to put it all into your primary stat (in this case, INT) once you have capped movement speed.

Note that if you have any movement speed on your gear, you should decrease your movement speed paragon points by an equivalent amount.  Your combined movement speed from gear and paragon points is capped at 25%, so if you have 10% on your gear, you should only put in 30 paragon points.  (30 points is 15%, bringing you up to the cap of 25%.)  That way you can put those other 20 points into INT.

Edited by Warden
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 4:39 AM, ScrublordWD said:

I move this comment to the proper thread.  Posted on the wrong one last time because I suck at life.

Life's tough :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2016 at 0:06 AM, Guest Samoski said:

Great build / guide!

Sorry if this was already asked / talked about, but is there ever a time I stop spending my paragon pts on int ? Atm I have movement 50/50, Int 97 /00. Thanks

As stated above, just keep pushing int. There does come a time, however, where you might benefit more from a bit of Vitality (extremely high GRs and normally only at like 1500+ Paragon). This is at your discretion and depends on if you feel you need it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2017 at 7:38 AM, Warden said:

Normal recommendation is to put it all into your primary stat (in this case, INT) once you have capped movement speed.

Thanks for helping to answer that Warden :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is the speed run version still using Spirit Walk? I only ever used Hex chicken to move around. Won't it be better if I replaced Spirit Walk with Soul Harvest for the armor and int buff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neogeo said:

Why is the speed run version still using Spirit Walk? I only ever used Hex chicken to move around. Won't it be better if I replaced Spirit Walk with Soul Harvest for the armor and int buff?

I believe it is chosen for the ability to avoid damage while continuing to move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heya, got a few questions for HT Garg build :)

1. Regarding belts, what about Belt of Transcendence ?
 Fetishes emerge fairly fast from Haunting, and provide additional meat shield and should be affected with Enforcer?
Although they don't get boost from HT set bonuses, they still sound tempting as an alternative to Witching hour.

2. What about Ring of Emptiness and cubed Wormwood?
Somewhere at start of this thread I've read that pets don't benefit from RoE bonus, is that still true?
In that case we would have to drop Endless Walk set and go for Roe/Hellfire, which is debatable, but I just like to know my options :)

 

Thanks in advance :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Izacis

I was wondering if this build I still a reliable build for gr's around 70-80. I have yet to push this to the limits but I have no problem clearing 70's and was wondering whether I should stick with this or continue with my firebats. Thanks for the help. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2017 at 7:20 AM, ch1zra said:

Heya, got a few questions for HT Garg build :)

1. Regarding belts, what about Belt of Transcendence ?
 Fetishes emerge fairly fast from Haunting, and provide additional meat shield and should be affected with Enforcer?
Although they don't get boost from HT set bonuses, they still sound tempting as an alternative to Witching hour.

2. What about Ring of Emptiness and cubed Wormwood?
Somewhere at start of this thread I've read that pets don't benefit from RoE bonus, is that still true?
In that case we would have to drop Endless Walk set and go for Roe/Hellfire, which is debatable, but I just like to know my options :)

 

Thanks in advance :)

Feitishes damage is suboptimal and they also blocked Garg. So the belt is a bad choice. 

Unfortunately, Blizzard last minute nerf on RoE make it not working for pet ever since.

Helltooth Garg is a good build to push. I have seen 90 in none season. It's also very good in speed farming with angry chicken. I have the best experience with this build than all other WD's build. It's very strong and versatile provided you can work with the pet AI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest izacis

1. I recently got an ancient 'UHKAPIAN SERPENT' and have yet to get an ancient cat mojo. I have most of my gear top rolls and have a near perfect roll on the serpent mojo. Is it worth Using caldessans on it or should I wait to use my gems on an ancient cat one? 

2. I am using the setup with the pet damage head gear on my character and tasker in the cube. My head gear has high intelligence and crit, with all resists but I struggle to get vitality on it. Should I wait for some more vitality or spare some paragon points into vit?

Thanks very much :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-01-20 at 4:41 AM, Neogeo said:

It's very strong and versatile provided you can work with the pet AI. 

This is the reason I will never play with Gargantuans ever again. Only "pet" build I run these days is the Poison Darts ^^

Jade and Arachyr are both in such a good place right now though <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Guest izacis said:

1. I recently got an ancient 'UHKAPIAN SERPENT' and have yet to get an ancient cat mojo. I have most of my gear top rolls and have a near perfect roll on the serpent mojo. Is it worth Using caldessans on it or should I wait to use my gems on an ancient cat one? 

2. I am using the setup with the pet damage head gear on my character and tasker in the cube. My head gear has high intelligence and crit, with all resists but I struggle to get vitality on it. Should I wait for some more vitality or spare some paragon points into vit?

Thanks very much :) 

 

1. You can look at it like this: Cat mojo is best for clearing trash but Serpent is better for bosses so you can adjust your mojo to what you are struggling with. Cat only works for the first hit taken while the Serpent is a constant dmg reduction no matter the hits taken which makes it ideal for bosses, especially in HC.

2. If you are playing Softcore I wouldn't worry about the Vit, you can go without it honestly but in HC you do want to find yourself a better helm for the massive Vit boost it gives. So, SC: You're good, HC: Paragon Vit until you are comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest izacis
58 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

1. You can look at it like this: Cat mojo is best for clearing trash but Serpent is better for bosses so you can adjust your mojo to what you are struggling with. Cat only works for the first hit taken while the Serpent is a constant dmg reduction no matter the hits taken which makes it ideal for bosses, especially in HC.

2. If you are playing Softcore I wouldn't worry about the Vit, you can go without it honestly but in HC you do want to find yourself a better helm for the massive Vit boost it gives. So, SC: You're good, HC: Paragon Vit until you are comfortable.

I found another Mask with vitality but it rolled Vit,it was a huge increase in health for me and therefore I used it. If I find an ancient one without vit, I'll use Caldesaans on it anyway. But for now, im paragon 948 and so I feel in need of more vitality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found that pain enhancer could be a better choice than stricken or powerful at lower GR(<75). Attack speed on WD equal to more Garg damage. The GR density buff help to build up PE stack easily. Plus, WD can group all the range mob nicely with Piranha.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Decco

I like that idea about pain enhancer, but will the pets have benefit from this ? I mean, the crits are rolling in, and if this stacks up and works with pets that should be at least a good alternative ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...