FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Council of Elders

does the entire raid (just range, NOT range) have to be stacked in the smoke bomb?

I understand you place the bomb on the boss BEFORE he starts the cast. what I don't understand is where the raid should be. do all the range have to be inside of the smoke bomb? does everyone have to be outside of the smoke bomb? if all but one person is stacked up inside the bomb, will that one person be the target?

thanks.

Melee CANNOT be targeted by Frostbite. So if you put the boss in the smoke bomb and all other range OUTSIDE (i.e. just a normal spread) then he won't have LoS on his target.)

Our rogue was able to successfully do this during our attempts, but then something happened and he had to leave, forcing us to heal through it =/

Guest Grui

I may have missed it and I know it is a little late to add this, but we found that using smoke bomb for frostbite is amazing for this fight. If timed right, a properly placed smoke bomb by rogues can immune all of your ranged players from The Frost King's Frostbite.

Guest Numiro

So I were doing some basic math after wiping on council for three hours (progress).

Why are you spending so much resources on nuking Sul when you easily deal with his adds with basic cleave?
The adds have 2,107,960 hp, that's 105k DPS over 20 seconds per add, that's basically cleave alone, by the nature of a lot of the current DPS speccs there's a lot of people in any given raid that acctualy GAINS single target DPS by cleaving (I'm looking at you demo warlocks), the sandstorm itself only does 405k damage which is basically a single raid CD if even that, seeing how much mana you save by nuking malakk and get rid of the only hard thing this fight provides (atleast to us).

So what if you nuked malakk at the start, never getting a frostbite, making the fight a LOT easier for the not so great guilds, assuming you can use a personal CD durign one of the sandstorms and have everyone topped up right before the other one.

Seeing how we're all almost on 600k hp buffed in raids I can't imagine the sandstorm being a problem.

Am I completely wrong?

I know for us that one sand storm pretty much was a wipe because we just took too much damage and the adds overwhelmed us. Not sure what math there is to show it, but we had to do it.

If you have a rogue (or 2) and can push malak fast enough you can get away with out any frostbites by using smoke bomb on top of malak as he casts it.

The next issue we had was making sure that kazrajin was the next boss to empower after malak 2nd empower. By doing this we made sure he was at a very low amount of health by the end of the fight so he wouldn't constantly aoe us.

You can Control which boss gets empowered after malak 2nd empower simply by leaving the one you want at a higher health level than the others

(I'm pretty sure this is the mechanic, I haven't done the boss in week because of extending for heroic leí shen)

Guest Hoombaba

Hi, I know we're way behind but if anybody is still reading this page -

Lots of folks recommending to ignore the Loas so that you can cleave the bosses all together. We are trying this with 2 combat rogues and Arms warrior (plus 2 other non-cleave dps of various sorts). All the reader comments I see say the Loas heal for 3 million, but the Icy-Veins guide says Loas heal for 10%, which is 7.4 million. Which is real? 

Aslo, when using this strat do people have the tanks try to follow Kazra around when he is empowered to keep Sul in cleave range?

Frostbite has been a big killer for us because of trying to stack then move as  a group when the sandtrap hits. Looking forward to trying Smoke Bomb to avoid Frostbite as suggested above.

Lots of folks recommending to ignore the Loas so that you can cleave the bosses all together. We are trying this with 2 combat rogues and Arms warrior (plus 2 other non-cleave dps of various sorts). All the reader comments I see say the Loas heal for 3 million, but the Icy-Veins guide says Loas heal for 10%, which is 7.4 million. Which is real? 

The spell_priest_divinestar.jpgBlessed Loa Spirit heal for 10%, but the health varies depending on raid size. Cleaving down the Council is a viable strategy with good DPS; my raid gets Sul to ~20% before Heroism is finished.