FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Council of Elders

Guest Widarian

A couple questions:

Can more than one Council member be empowered at the same time?

What are the risks of simply burning down Sul off the top / in between empowerments?

Thanks for all the helpful guides :)

Lots of abilities, feel free to copy pasta these into macros for your raid. Only source was Icy Veins' guide.

/raid Summary: Spread 7 yards. 1T Marli, 2T Sul, taunt swap Malakk. Living Sand adds aggroed by 1boss tank (many spawn from 3 and 4 Sandstorm/spike dmg on tank). Remove 25% empowered boss health before Dark Power cast.

/raid DPS priority

/raid 1. Blessed and Shadowed Loa Spirit;

/raid 2. Living Sands

/raid 3. Empowered boss.

/raid Lust pull. Do as much dmg to Kazra'jin whenever - fewer empowered overloads on him. Avoid Malakk damage so Blessed Loa Spirit avoids him

/raid Frost King Malakk: Frigid Assault - tank swap. Biting Cold DOT. EMPOWERED: Biting Cold->Frostbite: 2 other players stack on Frostbit target to spread stacks.

/raid Kazra'jin: Reckless Charge: dodge. EMPOWERED: 20s stun after charge, reflects 25% dmg

/raid Sul the Sandcrawler: kick AOE Sand Bolt, avoid AOE Quicksand. EMPOWERED: Sandstorm - Quicksand creats Living Sand, tank threat and AOE down, they get healed/dmg buff if not killed fast enough.

/raid High Priestess Mar'li: kick Wrath of the Loa. Kill Blessed Loa Spirit within 20s slow/root. EMPOWERED: kick Wrath of the Loa. Kill Shadowed Loa Spirit with in <20s. (kite it:run/slow/root if it's chasing you or you're dead, son)

Guest Karsteck

What happens when you bring one of the trolls to zero HP? Does it die, so you're then only facing 3 trolls? Empower continues as normal, just with only 3 possible candidates? You win by eventually killing all four of them, right? It would be great if the guide said at the top that you win by killing all 4 separately, in some order.

I eventually came to that conclusion from reading what was said about various abilities, but things made less sense than they could have while I was still trying to figure that out. It's pretty clear from the do 25% to stop the empower mechanic that it's not a heal-to-full council like ulduar or terrace, but still the victory condition isn't spelled out anywhere that I can see in quick read through.

What happens when you bring one of the trolls to zero HP? Does it die, so you're then only facing 3 trolls? Empower continues as normal, just with only 3 possible candidates? You win by eventually killing all four of them, right? It would be great if the guide said at the top that you win by killing all 4 separately, in some order.

I eventually came to that conclusion from reading what was said about various abilities, but things made less sense than they could have while I was still trying to figure that out. It's pretty clear from the do 25% to stop the empower mechanic that it's not a heal-to-full council like ulduar or terrace, but still the victory condition isn't spelled out anywhere that I can see in quick read through.

You are correct in your conclusion, and I agree.

Also, you can make a

/tar boss1

macro which allows you to target the Loa when it spawns. You can also add your main nuke to the macro to spam it, or for some type of CC if you wish.

an example wold be for paladins

/tar boss1

/use Hammer of Justice

You need to be aware, that Frost King is considered "boss1" when the Loa is not up. So be careful when spamming the macro and wait for the loa to appear. Alliteratively you can just type out the name, but i found /tar boss1 to be easier.

Thanks for posting this. I'm watching videos to update the health values of the bosses and I will clarify the explanations for when a troll dies.

Also, I am about 99% sure the 25 man Elders have 228.3M HP each. From our kill, we did the following:

Frost King Malakk: 230,724,266

High Priestess Marli: 222,916,756

Kazra'jin: 230,564,607

Sul: 239,209,590

The extra damage done to the bosses over their maximum HP pool was likely healing from an add. Not 100% sure, but these values come awfully close to the number I remember seeing when targetting each elder.

Experienced no hard enrage at 10:06 mark, but I think the enrage is built into having to do 25% of the boss's HP when he becomes empowered.

You can kill any of the elders without them being empowered with no penalty. However, don't get caught killing an elder that isn't empowered and having the empowered one not have someone to switch with. He will simply explode at 100 energy due to not having a possible swap target (confirmed by one of our wipes). DPS should always focus the empowered one denoted by them being a dark, almost black color to their form.

For 25 man, the use of an extra tank to tank the overwhelming number of Sand adds was extremely useful. Having only two tanks is rather tough on both of them. We used 2 tanks...1 to focus on Marli and call out when her add spawned and the other handled the empowered elder, but we also used a third tank to focus solely on the adds during the sand phase. When the sand phase wasn't happening, he just taunted one of the elders and alleviated some of the damage on the MT.

Marli - Prot Warrior (Shockwaved the add that spawned)

Empowered - Guardian Druid

Sand adds - Protection Paladin

• Like 1

Is it just me or does Sul cast sandstorm more than once per empowerment in the 25 man version of the encounter? This happened to us on more than one attempt last night.

Yes Sul casts sandstorm multiple times per empowerment. When living sands are killed before the next sandstorm cast they come back with 50% hp. When we were doing it right in 10man 3heals he only cast it twice. Living sand adds despawned when he cast it a third time and he lost empowermdnt right after.

I noticed in thirty pulls that frostbite/biting cold/shadowef loa spirit always was on ranged.

We tried the ignore marli's interrupts and she pumped out more damage on our healer than the tanks took. We tried having ranged rotate interrupts on her and raid dps plummeted. Went back to tanking marli and found a lot more success. We lust Sul on the pull for 20-30s then finish Malakk before his dark power. That way Sul always lower than Malakkk for rest of fight (so spirits dont go to Malakk). Else tanks gotta get Malakk away from Marli before spirit spawn.

Calling out loa spirit in 5, spirits up helped us immensly, and after that and taunt swaps were routine just maximizing dps during empower. You cant hold back too much during overload especially because Kazras dark power hurts a lot more after he gains stacks.

Edited by Chronos

Guest Brnz

"When Sul is empowered, he will cast Sandstorm once."

>>>This is false. He casts it multiple times while he is empowered.

Query:

spell = "Sandstorm" and amount = 0 and absorbed = 0

[22:29:32.751] Sul the Sandcrawler begins to cast Sandstorm

[22:29:34.250] Sul the Sandcrawler casts Sandstorm

[22:30:12.653] Sul the Sandcrawler begins to cast Sandstorm

[22:30:14.154] Sul the Sandcrawler casts Sandstorm

[22:57:26.339] Sul the Sandcrawler begins to cast Sandstorm

[22:57:27.853] Sul the Sandcrawler casts Sandstorm

[22:58:05.190] Sul the Sandcrawler begins to cast Sandstorm

[22:58:06.691] Sul the Sandcrawler casts Sandstorm

Query:

According to your report he uses sandstorm every 40 seconds. The amount of times he uses sandstorm during one empowerment therefore entirely depends on the DPS in your raid. Since the empowerment ends after you deal 25% of Sul's life as damage to him. My raid only ever had 1 sandstorm during his empowerement but that depends entirely on player skill and on your gear.

However: he will never cast it more than twice during his empowerment since he will start channeling ability_warlock_eradication.jpgDark Power once he reaches 100 energy (~67 seconds).

Also, I am about 99% sure the 25 man Elders have 228.3M HP each. From our kill, we did the following:

Frost King Malakk: 230,724,266

High Priestess Marli: 222,916,756

Kazra'jin: 230,564,607

Sul: 239,209,590

The extra damage done to the bosses over their maximum HP pool was likely healing from an add. Not 100% sure, but these values come awfully close to the number I remember seeing when targetting each elder.

Experienced no hard enrage at 10:06 mark, but I think the enrage is built into having to do 25% of the boss's HP when he becomes empowered.

You can kill any of the elders without them being empowered with no penalty. However, don't get caught killing an elder that isn't empowered and having the empowered one not have someone to switch with. He will simply explode at 100 energy due to not having a possible swap target (confirmed by one of our wipes). DPS should always focus the empowered one denoted by them being a dark, almost black color to their form.

For 25 man, the use of an extra tank to tank the overwhelming number of Sand adds was extremely useful. Having only two tanks is rather tough on both of them. We used 2 tanks...1 to focus on Marli and call out when her add spawned and the other handled the empowered elder, but we also used a third tank to focus solely on the adds during the sand phase. When the sand phase wasn't happening, he just taunted one of the elders and alleviated some of the damage on the MT.

Marli - Prot Warrior (Shockwaved the add that spawned)

Empowered - Guardian Druid

Sand adds - Protection Paladin

I've updated the 25-man health values, thanks! I also improved my section about what happens when killing the trolls.

Is it just me or does Sul cast sandstorm more than once per empowerment in the 25 man version of the encounter? This happened to us on more than one attempt last night.

Yes Sul casts sandstorm multiple times per empowerment. When living sands are killed before the next sandstorm cast they come back with 50% hp. When we were doing it right in 10man 3heals he only cast it twice. Living sand adds despawned when he cast it a third time and he lost empowermdnt right after.

I noticed in thirty pulls that frostbite/biting cold/shadowef loa spirit always was on ranged.

We tried the ignore marli's interrupts and she pumped out more damage on our healer than the tanks took. We tried having ranged rotate interrupts on her and raid dps plummeted. Went back to tanking marli and found a lot more success. We lust Sul on the pull for 20-30s then finish Malakk before his dark power. That way Sul always lower than Malakkk for rest of fight (so spirits dont go to Malakk). Else tanks gotta get Malakk away from Marli before spirit spawn.

Calling out loa spirit in 5, spirits up helped us immensly, and after that and taunt swaps were routine just maximizing dps during empower. You cant hold back too much during overload especially because Kazras dark power hurts a lot more after he gains stacks.

Query:

I added a mention that Sandstorm is cast every 40 seconds, so a maximum of twice per empowerment, as Madmonk pointed out :P

Guest Nina

Can Frostbite or Biting Cold be cleared by BoP, bubble or iceblock? I'd love it if iceblock could clear it; that would be a cute bit of poetic balance.

Guest Aloysha

From what I've read elsewhere and fro last night experience it would seem as if the "random" is more based on the highest hp of those remaining. When we burned Sul and Malakk we either had Kaz or Priestess get empowered next depending on what the respective hp levels were.

Just one comment, but if anyone else is able to verify moreso that would be great.

Guest anon_mage

Can Frostbite or Biting Cold be cleared by BoP, bubble or iceblock? I'd love it if iceblock could clear it; that would be a cute bit of poetic balance.

Frostbite can be cleared with Ice Block, unsure about BoP etc.

In 10 man we just stacked all the bosses (excluding Kazra'jin) and ignored Blessed Loa Spirits, the reasoning for this is we only had to do 3.1million (89.8*0.05-1.39) cleave damage to high priestess to make this viable. Stacking all 3 bosses sul enraged when he only had 12% HP left making this fight extremely easy

In 10 man we just stacked all the bosses (excluding Kazra'jin) and ignored Blessed Loa Spirits, the reasoning for this is we only had to do 3.1million (89.8*0.05-1.39) cleave damage to high priestess to make this viable. Stacking all 3 bosses sul enraged when he only had 12% HP left making this fight extremely easy

Do you have logs for this fight? I'm curious what kind of raid DPS you'd need to pull this off. I'm guessing you 2 healed it?

Guest Valisia

The dungeon journal says that the damage reflected from Kazra'jin's overload is 50%, not the 25% stated in the guide.

Guest bobbyrock53

Starting order is not fixed apparently. After several attempts, the order changed to Priestess empowered second and not Kazra'jin

Guest TriggerSad

it is worth noting that if you have a shaman, you can't negate overloard from kazra'jin (A.K.A Blanka) with grounding totem glyphed, combine that with call of the elements and you negate karajins overload for 30 seconds.

Guest Ultrazor

Can someone tell me if a viable strat is to just leave Kazra'jin empowered for the entire fight?

As far as I understand, a troll doesn't become empowered until another is broken out, and Kazra'jin doesn't do anything to the raid unless he is actually damaged.

This could allow one to just stack the rest up, DPS them all down and then stack up and heal through Kazra'jin dmg reflect?

Would this be at all possible? or would the sand traps become too much?

Can someone tell me if a viable strat is to just leave Kazra'jin empowered for the entire fight?

As far as I understand, a troll doesn't become empowered until another is broken out, and Kazra'jin doesn't do anything to the raid unless he is actually damaged.

This could allow one to just stack the rest up, DPS them all down and then stack up and heal through Kazra'jin dmg reflect?

Would this be at all possible? or would the sand traps become too much?

When an empowered troll reaches full energy they start stacking a raidwide damaging ability. You won't be able to heal through this.

it is worth noting that if you have a shaman, you can't negate overloard from kazra'jin (A.K.A Blanka) with grounding totem glyphed, combine that with call of the elements and you negate karajins overload for 30 seconds.

I'm guessing this is a typo and you mean that you can use Glyphed Grounding Totem to negate the Overload. If what I'm assuming is correct, how do you do this and how does it work? Do you just put down a Grounding Totem any time during the Overload or right before it? Can you endure some of the Overload damage and put it down when raid health is getting too low?

Would greatly appreciate some insight on this!

Me too, I'd like to know if you meant "can negate" or "can't negate" :P

Me too, I'd like to know if you meant "can negate" or "can't negate" Posted Image

We just downed Council thanks to this absolutely wonderful Glyph/Totem! Our Shaman said he could pop it down before or during Overload, it would reflect the damage either way.