FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Secrets Midrange Hunter Standard

Guest Alramd

Sottle can I run LEEEERRROOYYY JENNNKINS!!! into this deck to add more smorc?

Any replacement for Quick Shot?

It is three posts above yours. The swap is Deadly Shot.

Sottle can I run LEEEERRROOYYY JENNNKINS!!! into this deck to add more smorc?

This deck wants to keep the board control for longer time, and having a dead card such as Leeroy in your hand will more hurt than help.

Guest Matt

Is it ok if I replace flame juggler and abusive sergeant with carrion grub, its a solid body

Guest Bob

Do you think that folrorn stalker can fit in this deck?I like this card a lot and 4/2 seems like an OK body,and if his battlecry hits atleast 1 minion he becomes really good(atleast i think so i am a noob).Thank you in advance.

Guest Atanhe

Honestly i can't play standard midrange too... don't misunderstand me but, while i love the class and the deck, it's really difficult to play it correctly. You always write deep guides, but this one needs more insights, and i'm not just talking about cards interaction. First of all i've found that every single matchup requires different styles of play. There are MU in which u want to go straight in the face, and other in which u have to trade every single minion every turn, 'till turn 5/6. Other MU is not required trading, but there are some key cards that u really have to remove asap. This can seem pretty obvious, but it isn't, cause when ' play other mu, i know that some misplays can happen but they can be recovered too, and in the midrange hunter every single misplay hard punishes me for the entire game.

One more thing. Mulligan in this deck is different from class to class. In a control priest every single hand is ok more or less, some are good, other less, but u are always fine. In midrange hunter no. Every single mu requires key cards (Hounds for Zoo for example).

Can u just update the guide with more insights? I really love hunter mid in Wild, but in standard is a pain :S

Just a tought, i am thinking to replace a ram wrangler with one psych-o-tron. Considering that zoo lock is again a thing and i find it hard to protect my table, after 5 mana, and set it for call of the wild. 

Sadly i don't have Sylvannas but getting there. Toughts? 

Thank you

Honestly i can't play standard midrange too... don't misunderstand me but, while i love the class and the deck, it's really difficult to play it correctly. You always write deep guides, but this one needs more insights, and i'm not just talking about cards interaction. First of all i've found that every single matchup requires different styles of play. There are MU in which u want to go straight in the face, and other in which u have to trade every single minion every turn, 'till turn 5/6. Other MU is not required trading, but there are some key cards that u really have to remove asap. This can seem pretty obvious, but it isn't, cause when ' play other mu, i know that some misplays can happen but they can be recovered too, and in the midrange hunter every single misplay hard punishes me for the entire game.

One more thing. Mulligan in this deck is different from class to class. In a control priest every single hand is ok more or less, some are good, other less, but u are always fine. In midrange hunter no. Every single mu requires key cards (Hounds for Zoo for example).

Can u just update the guide with more insights? I really love hunter mid in Wild, but in standard is a pain :S

I agree that the deck is difficult to master, but I've only started playing the game so every deck is still a bit tricky for me. I've chosen this one cause I find it incredibly fun (and managed to craft the cards needed), but it can be a bit frustrating dealing with decks swarmy decks. I have beaten a few of those but I'm so inconsistent that I have no idea how I did it. I wish there was someone streaming similar decks on twitch, but it doesn't look that popular. The closest streamer I've found was a german guy who was taking forever to get past rank 21 and I doubt I'll be able to learn anything from him. Shoud i just switch classes?

Do you think that folrorn stalker can fit in this deck?I like this card a lot and 4/2 seems like an OK body,and if his battlecry hits atleast 1 minion he becomes really good(atleast i think so i am a noob).Thank you in advance.

Although his stats and battlecry aren't that bad, there are better choices that help you way more. You could try building a Deathrattle N'zoth Hunter though, where he could fit in nicely.

Just a tought, i am thinking to replace a ram wrangler with one psych-o-tron. Considering that zoo lock is again a thing and i find it hard to protect my table, after 5 mana, and set it for call of the wild. 

Sadly i don't have Sylvannas but getting there. Toughts? 

Thank you

Divine Shields against aggro are generally bad since they have multiple small minions that easily remove it. You could tech in Explosive Trap in place of one Freezing Trap. It reduces the deck's consistency, but it helps you against aggro.

Guest Smthnd

why abusive sergeant instead of a single explosive trap?

Guest Smoothie

i replaced the Abusive Sergeant for a Explosive Trap. (I have 1 Explosive 1 Bear and 1 Freezing) thoughts? Maybe i change the bear to a second freezing.

I have lots of fun playing with this deck, and am now experimenting with it a bit; At first I was struggling with the Flame Juggler as he is no beast and never seemed to attack the enemy I was hoping for. So I replaced him with King's Elekk to have one more beast and potentially one more card. Then I added another King's Elekk for a Huge Toad and a Tomb Spider for an Animal Companion, again to receive some more cards. Also, I replaced one Houndmaster and Ram Wangler with Sylvanas and Princess Huhuran. If possible I try to play the Princess off curve to trigger Sylvanas' or a Highmane's deathrattle which worked surprisingly well so far.

Guest Atanhe

I agree that the deck is difficult to master, but I've only started playing the game so every deck is still a bit tricky for me. I've chosen this one cause I find it incredibly fun (and managed to craft the cards needed), but it can be a bit frustrating dealing with decks swarmy decks. I have beaten a few of those but I'm so inconsistent that I have no idea how I did it. I wish there was someone streaming similar decks on twitch, but it doesn't look that popular. The closest streamer I've found was a german guy who was taking forever to get past rank 21 and I doubt I'll be able to learn anything from him. Shoud i just switch classes?

That's why i'm asking for more information. I think that in this deck the mulligan is crucial. Unleash the hounds + Knife juggler is the winning combo for the swarmy decks for example, and starting with at least one of the two pieces is a must to have a chance. Control Mu, u just want to go straight ahead in the face ignoring the board and trading only when necessary (taunts). This can be obvious, but for me it wasn't and i've taken tons of matches to figure it out, and there are still tons of info that i'm still missing.

If u want a good midrange hunter streamer btw u can check Jab. 

Guest Pineapple

Maybe "On the Hunt" could be a card that would be worth a consideration. The ping is quite flexible against divine shields, and if you have lost board control and need activators for ram wrangler or houndmaster or kill command, or together with "Hunter's Mark" to remove a minion for cheap.

Or "Jewelled Scarab" could allow for more flexibility, especially when you have nothing to do on turn 3 ("Unleash the Hounds" against a control deck, "Kill Command" you don't want to use, etc...). I don't know, I'm not that good at the game.

Your thoughts?

If someone can reach legendary, with this deck i.m prepared to give them 100 euro's. It.s beyond hard to get even past rank 14

Edited by BogdanPavel

If someone can reach legendary, with this deck i.m prepared to give them 100 euro's. It.s beyond hard to get even past rank 14

Do you mean what you say? Cause I know a few people (including myself) that would definitely do it. If you don't mean it (which is my guess), then I would like to see a replay of any game you played with this deck. Also remember that it's the beginning of the season where players you meet are more skilled than their ranks says.

Guest Luis Guilherme

I came out with a deck very similar to this one on my own, with the following differences:

-1 Call of the Wild

-1 Abusive Sergeant

-1 Flame Juggler

-1 Freezing Trap

+1 Quick Shot

+1 Deadly Shot

+1 Explosive Trap

+1 Bear Trap

I am thinking of removing the Bear Trap (It is great tempo play against face decks, but it's not that useful) or one Quick Shot, and adding another Call of the Wild. 

I kept the Explosive Trap because it's good against the board flood decks like zoo and Divine Shield Pally that are appearing at lot at the meta.

Deadly shot saved me several times, so I intend to keep it. I just used it to kill a huge Blood Knight today. 

I also thought swapping the Explosive Trap for a Mind Control Tech, which would help against zoo, but also against N'Zoth decks (stealing a Sylvanas or a Tirion can win me the game).

I've lost some games though. One against a N'Zoth Pally (I did something like 50+ dmg to his face, had board control most of the time, but I could not match his healing) and against a more controllish hunter today (due most probably to bad draws and some misplays, the match wasn't hard). 

How Sylvanas can fit this deck?

Should I keep running my list with some changes, or should I remove the 

quote name="positiv2" post="148160" timestamp="1462572070"]

If someone can reach legendary, with this deck i.m prepared to give them 100 euro's. It.s beyond hard to get even past rank 14

Do you mean what you say? Cause I know a few people (including myself) that would definitely do it. If you don't mean it (which is my guess), then I would like to see a replay of any game you played with this deck. Also remember that it's the beginning of the season where players you meet are more skilled than their ranks says.

I would be more than happy to be proven wrong because I love to play hunter. Every advice is more then welcome and if you allow me I will add you tonight after I get home from work so u can see me playing/ or me you

Guest Alramd

Would you consider testing out another hunter deck and putting it up instead of the current one? I found a really good one on hearthpwn that I was able to get legend rank with fairly early early in the season and am actually able to beat alot of the current meta decks with it.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/527136-legendary-mid-range

Guest Jaawn

I'm also having issues with this deck at lower ranks.  It seems like it isn't very good vs the decks I am facing, but might be good vs decks that better players tend to use...

Guest Jaawn

I am having issues with this deck as well.  It might be good vs the decks good players are using, but I am struggling to stay below rank 20 with this because it isn't very good vs a lot of the decks I'm facing.  I feel starved for beasts the whole time and most players are using very few minions where I'm at, so hounds isn't giving good value and triggering knife juggler is a lot more difficult so that is having lower value as well

Guest Guest

I was struggling for a bit on the 20-15 rankings with this deck and the face hunter deck. Then I tried Savjz's lock and load hunter deck. It seemed like a total gimmick but I zoomed down into rank 7 and am only now coming up against people that have a clue how to handle it.

Guest Txc_mul

What do you think about an explosive trap in this deck? Maybe for Abusive Sergeant?

Guest Lankybrit

Was finding the traps to be a real pain. I hardly ever got good value out of Freezing traps. So, thinking of cutting traps all together and adding in Scavenging Hyenas. Thoughts?

Was finding the traps to be a real pain. I hardly ever got good value out of Freezing traps. So, thinking of cutting traps all together and adding in Scavenging Hyenas. Thoughts?

I would not recommend cutting them, you could replace them.

My list runs one freezing trap and one explosive trap. I think running explosive trap is reasonable, there are days were i face a lot of zoo.

You could experiment with snake trap, or even bear trap. Even though i think one freezing and one explosive is a very good combination.