FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Overwatch Reinhardt

Charge can be cancelled by pressing right click

Thanks for the comment, but I think this is just not true. It wasn't the case on the Beta when I played Reinhardt, and I've asked around and everyone seems to agree that there's no way to stop the charge (short of, you know, charging into something). I'll check again once the game is live.

Guest Reinhardt McCharger

I know that i'm super late, but Reinhardt's charge movement speed has the highest speed rate in the whole game, He moves 16.5m/s during it, meanwhile you said "It's not that fast", in fact, you should worded it as "Takes quite a time to blast off", because Charge takes 0.75s (?) to activate.

Guest Ruike

The charge is cancelled if you're hit by Roadhog's chain hook. You are then pulled to him as normal for that ability.

A few things to update.  You cannot cancel a charge once you have started it.  You can navigate quite a bit.  It is fast but it takes a chunk of time to get it started and anyone paying attention will notice and move out of the way so do it when the enemy is distracted or they have no choice such as being in a narrow hall with you.  Hammer swing and immediate follow up of fire strike is a great combo. in general being a good Reinhardt means putting your team first.  Get kills if you can but protect your team.

On 11/12/2016 at 8:24 PM, Darkjester79 said:

A few things to update.  You cannot cancel a charge once you have started it.  You can navigate quite a bit.  It is fast but it takes a chunk of time to get it started and anyone paying attention will notice and move out of the way so do it when the enemy is distracted or they have no choice such as being in a narrow hall with you.  Hammer swing and immediate follow up of fire strike is a great combo. in general being a good Reinhardt means putting your team first.  Get kills if you can but protect your team.

Edit - where do you see info on being able to cancel charge? I can't find it.

• Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, Blainie said:

Edit - where do you see info on being able to cancel charge? I can't find it.

Nicoman made the comment that you could cancel the charge.  I just wanted to reiterate that you cannot cancel (As much as I wish you could sometimes).

3 hours ago, Darkjester79 said:

Nicoman made the comment that you could cancel the charge.  I just wanted to reiterate that you cannot cancel (As much as I wish you could sometimes).

Ah, I see! Yeah, that was at an earlier point in the game's history. You did used to be able to cancel it right at the end of the beta phase. It was changed shortly before launch.

Guest Bear

Will the hero guides ever be updated? They are incredibly out of date.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:36 AM, Guest Bear said:

Will the hero guides ever be updated? They are incredibly out of date.

The Overwatch section underwent a trial of being reworked, but we ended up cancelling it and they are currently not being maintained. We might revisit them in a new format in the future with shorter tips-focused guides, but there is currently no estimate to give for when this might happen.