L0rinda

Invitees for Insomnia 58 Truesilver Championship Decided

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

894dDwD.png

The seven players who will be invited to Insomnia 58 for the $30,000 Hearthstone Truesilver Championship, alongside champion Ness, were decided through at The Sacred Trial invitational qualifier on June 28-29.

As reported previously, the players were divided into four groups and the winners of each group qualified immediately. The format was best of five Last Hero Standing, with a ban. The group standings were as follows:

Group A:   Ostkaka (4-0),   Eloise (3-1),   Boar Control (2-2),   Lifecoach (0-3),   Ek0p (0-3)

Group B:   Naiman (4-0),   Powder (3-1),   StrifeCro (2-2),   Thijs (2-2),   Orange (0-4)

Group C:   Firebat (3-0),   Xixo (3-1),   Chakki (2-2),   Zalae (1-3),   SuperJJ (0-3)

Group D:   Gaara (3-1),   Dog (3-1),   Hoej (2-2),   Rdu (1-3),   AKA Wonder (1-3)

The matches between Ek0p and Lifecoach, and Firebat and SuperJJ  were not played, as they would have had no bearing on the standings.

The second and third placed players in each group then played a single elimination event to decide the remaining three places. The players who came through with two straight wins were Chakki and Xixo. This left Eloise and Dog to play off for third place, and the final invite.

In the final match, Eloise took a 2-0 lead and looked to be headed to victory. She matched up against Dog's Aggro Shaman with first her Dragon Warrior, and then her Zoo. Surprisingly she lost both games, which set up a Tempo Mage vs Shaman game. This time, she managed to complete her victory, and qualified for the main event. Dog was runner-up at Insomnia 57 and it remains to be seen if he will now travel to enter in August.

Of the twenty players in the qualifying event, all twenty brought Shaman. Eighteen brought Warrior, and eighteen brought Warlock. All of the top twelve players brought all three of those classes. 

The VOD of the second day is available here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our HCT World Championships coverage.
    • By Aleco

Aleco walks through a series of simple early-game decisions while playing an Unstable Evolution deck.
      "Simple early game decisions" and "multi-turn decisions" are the two most common requests I've been receiving since the start of this series, so I decided to do an episode that tackles both! In today's episode I navigate a series of relatively simple early-game decisions against an aggressive Hunter start with my Unstable Evolution Shaman deck.
      If you have any requests for future episodes of "What's the Move?", please feel free to reach out to me here on Icy Veins or via Twitter @Aleco_P. I prefer to always fulfill requests for new episodes if possible, and always love hearing feedback from the community which can help me improve on this series in the future. Don't be shy!
      If you're looking for the guide I referenced in this video, please follow this link to "Legend in the Making: Part 2". 
    • By Zadina

This promotion runs for the next month.
      The latest Twitch Prime promotion for Hearthstone is now active. Sign up for Twitch Prime until February 10 and you will receive two free Kobolds & Catacombs card packs.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      We’re digging the latest reward for Twitch Prime members: two Kobolds and Catacombs card packs!

January 10 through February 10, unearth the value for yourself by signing up for Twitch Prime. You’ll get all the benefits that come with Prime, including special Prime Loot for other Blizzard games!
      It’s easy to become a Twitch Prime member—just link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account to start earning rewards. Not an Amazon Prime member? Sign up for a free trial today!
      *Offer valid only in regions where Twitch Prime is available. Must own Hearthstone to redeem. Each Blizzard account may only redeem one code per promotional item. (source)
      Ever since its introduction, Twitch Prime has offered free stuff on Hearthstone every 2 to 3 months. It also has rewards in other games from Blizzard and other companies, so you should read up on it! It might be a worthwhile investment for people who enjoy multiple games.
    • By Aleco

Choose your champion for the upcoming Hearthstone World Championships to win free K&C packs!
      The biggest Hearthstone tournament of the year, the Hearthstone World Championship, is just around the corner! To help build up excitement for the tournament, players may now select a champion from among the 16 world championship competitors. Each round your champion advances in the tournament will reward you with more Kobolds & Catacombs packs. You can win up to 6 packs of K&C for selecting the winner of the tournament, so choose wisely! Once you've locked in your choice it can not be changed.
      Anyone with a Battle.net account can select a champion for free until midnight on January 17th (Pacific Standard Time), and there's no downside to selecting the wrong champion. All you need to do is follow this link and select one of the 16 competitors. Personally, I'm sticking with Purple because he won me 3 packs at the Summer Championship and appears to be the favorite to win his group. Kolento and Surrender are two of the favorites to win the tournament, which would make them safe bets to win you some packs as well.