FORUMS
Damien

Feral Druid 7.3

On 10/27/2017 at 8:57 PM, Guest Ribcage said:

I know this guide is outdated, but I think it's important in the new guide to mention stat weights based off your talents. That stats and weights seems off in some cases.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being outdated? We have the two major builds in our stat page already, one using Mastery and one using Versatility. They are based off of different talents.

Guest Moonson

In case it's never been noted the tooltip on Feral Instinct under the trait section lists the trait's passive effect as reducing the chance for enemies to detect you while prowling. The effect of Feral Instinct is actually a boost in dmg during berserk.

On 11/5/2017 at 5:50 PM, Guest Moonson said:

In case it's never been noted the tooltip on Feral Instinct under the trait section lists the trait's passive effect as reducing the chance for enemies to detect you while prowling. The effect of Feral Instinct is actually a boost in dmg during berserk.

Ah, it has the wrong spell code in the guide. I'll get it updated, thanks!

Guest Great Guide

I love that you have a build for open world content for the feral spec. Good to know that there are certain talents that will make that faster than just huge damage for bosses. Thank you!

On 11/10/2017 at 9:48 AM, Guest Great Guide said:

I love that you have a build for open world content for the feral spec. Good to know that there are certain talents that will make that faster than just huge damage for bosses. Thank you!

That's what we're here for! Glad that we've been of help :)

Guest Nice Guide

Hi, I'd like to point an error on your guide. It says:

• Bloodtalons Icon Bloodtalons causes Regrowth Icon Regrowth casts to make the next two melee abilities (used within 30 seconds) deal 50% increased damage for their full duration (which is of notable relevance if they are Bleeds).

BUT, bloodtalons now deals only 20% increased damage (less than half before).

image.thumb.png.1dca691928a255dcaffc9532746c26c7.png

image.png

7 hours ago, Guest Nice Guide said:

• Bloodtalons Icon Bloodtalons causes Regrowth Icon Regrowth casts to make the next two melee abilities (used within 30 seconds) deal 50% increased damage for their full duration (which is of notable relevance if they are Bleeds).

BUT, bloodtalons now deals only 20% increased damage (less than half before).

image.thumb.png.1dca691928a255dcaffc9532746c26c7.png

image.png

Damn those nerfs.

Pretty sure it will be handled with fast.

@Blainie <3

On 12/8/2017 at 11:05 AM, Guest Nice Guide said:

Wordup likely just missed out updating the text. I've let him know, thanks!

Guest Kharzak

I am not sure if i am correct. But the talent moment of clarity is listed as. Affects the next 3 skills. And it actually allows it to stack to 3. This is very diferent. 

8 hours ago, Guest Kharzak said:

I am not sure if i am correct. But the talent moment of clarity is listed as. Affects the next 3 skills. And it actually allows it to stack to 3. This is very diferent. 

I'll let Wordup know.

A few things I think could be useful to have here/update.

1. A comparison of relic weights with BT/MoC. I'm certain that with MoC, the rake and rip traits lose value (obviously still powerful however) in comparison to traits like Feral Instinct and Feral Power

2. A rough comparison of stat values with MoC vs BT. It seems that the stat priority lists were made with BT chosen as the default tier 7 talent. I think it would be beneficial to have separate stat charts for both of the talents, because as far as I'm aware, haste becomes significantly more valuable than mastery when MoC has been picked. Also it should be noted that with either talent, crit VERY slowly loses value the more you have (due to shred critting very often and always critting in Incarn), while versatility almost always remains where it is no matter how much of it you have. 

3. MoC is a far more popular talent that BT in all situations now. I absolutely never see BT anymore on any feral druid for any situation in a PvE setting (PvP excluded). Also, with a major focus towards stats that improve shred damage, MoC is generally simming higher than BT for most people. For me, MoC is almost a 3% DPS increase over BT (this doesn't just apply to me). Somehow I'm surprised it's still listed as recommended for anything BUT fights that have a heavy focus on cleave. And even if it does provide a super slight increase in DPS for cleave, it has quite a significant effect on your rotation, and one that most people do not enjoy. Compare this to MoC, which doesn't require you to change your rotation, allows you to use shred far more often, AND does more damage. Probably something that should be reviewed.

I apologize if this is too much to handle, but I just wanted to make sure they were made aware of so things can be properly updated.

Edited by Maxkitty

11 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

I apologize if this is too much to handle, but I just wanted to make sure they were made aware of so things can be properly updated.

I'll pass it on to Wordup! Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

On 15/01/2018 at 1:14 AM, Maxkitty said:
A few things I think could be useful to have here/update.

1. A comparison of relic weights with BT/MoC. I'm certain that with MoC, the rake and rip traits lose value (obviously still powerful however) in comparison to traits like Feral Instinct and Feral Power.

2. A rough comparison of stat values with MoC vs BT. It seems that the stat priority lists were made with BT chosen as the default tier 7 talent. I think it would be beneficial to have separate stat charts for both of the talents, because as far as I'm aware, haste becomes significantly more valuable than mastery when MoC has been picked. Also it should be noted that with either talent, crit VERY slowly loses value the more you have (due to shred critting very often and always critting in Incarn), while versatility almost always remains where it is no matter how much of it you have.

3. MoC is a far more popular talent that BT in all situations now. I absolutely never see BT anymore on any feral druid for any situation in a PvE setting (PvP excluded). Also, with a major focus towards stats that improve shred damage, MoC is generally simming higher than BT for most people. For me, MoC is almost a 3% DPS increase over BT (this doesn't just apply to me). Somehow I'm surprised it's still listed as recommended for anything BUT fights that have a heavy focus on cleave. And even if it does provide a super slight increase in DPS for cleave, it has quite a significant effect on your rotation, and one that most people do not enjoy. Compare this to MoC, which doesn't require you to change your rotation, allows you to use shred far more often, AND does more damage. Probably something that should be reviewed.

Hey Maxkitty, appreciate the post there and I did a good chunk of research after and spoke to Xanzara a bit.

You're definitely right on a lot of points here (a lot of this was written in advance of Antorus which generally changed the way things played as more things were found), and as such I've updated the talent pages to indicate that MoC is better all around (the BT note originally was a contingency for a few bosses in case that slipped my mind).

With regards to traits they shift a lot and since MoC is so powerful it's a lot easier to mostly remove the Bleed-centric builds left there which means that it's entirely fair to lean on FI/FP as the dominant traits with secondary Bleed traits though naturally they're still more powerful than the subsiduary traits.

When it comes to stats I have put in that Haste has risen, though the strict cause isn't, I don't think, entirely down to MoC and more the increased value of GCD compression now that Shred is significantly more valuable, which technically makes it a combination of the two. There are definitely a few other things that could be added (in particular Chatoyant/Lunar Inspiration) that have eaten up a lot of my side time this patch with Feral research, but they're a bit more niche so I've opted to leave them out due to them being oriented at the higher gear level and more niche.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, wordup said:

Hey Maxkitty, appreciate the post there and I did a good chunk of research after and spoke to Xanzara a bit.

You're definitely right on a lot of points here (a lot of this was written in advance of Antorus which generally changed the way things played as more things were found), and as such I've updated the talent pages to indicate that MoC is better all around (the BT note originally was a contingency for a few bosses in case that slipped my mind).

With regards to traits they shift a lot and since MoC is so powerful it's a lot easier to mostly remove the Bleed-centric builds left there which means that it's entirely fair to lean on FI/FP as the dominant traits with secondary Bleed traits though naturally they're still more powerful than the subsiduary traits.

When it comes to stats I have put in that Haste has risen, though the strict cause isn't, I don't think, entirely down to MoC and more the increased value of GCD compression now that Shred is significantly more valuable, which technically makes it a combination of the two. There are definitely a few other things that could be added (in particular Chatoyant/Lunar Inspiration) that have eaten up a lot of my side time this patch with Feral research, but they're a bit more niche so I've opted to leave them out due to them being oriented at the higher gear level and more niche.

Thanks for reading my post! I do have a small question though. Are the values of the relic and crucible traits on the crucible page shown as 'relic' ilvls, or 'weapon' ilvls?

Also I agree that Chatoyant and LI are interesting options. Especially with the pantheon trinket we would have far more haste and that would increase the value of LI significantly, but you'd also need a lot of crit to compensate for the loss of the flat 10% from Blood Scent. So far after taking long looks at Warcraftlogs, it seems like the popularity is very close between the two talents, roughly 50/50, even shifting between the two sometimes. Chatoyant is something I'm not so sure about right now. Soul of the Forest as a talent is actually a great option (not superior to incarn) and so having it for free is incredibly useful even if the ring might herald a stat loss. The only real benefit I see to Chatoyant is the significant crit and haste is has. The energy isn't all that useful considering we don't generally pool our energy anymore. It does has extreme use with incarn and TF though, allowing you to spam shred and FB constantly until it wears off and go over the energy limit with TF. Certainly a few things I'd be interested in talking with Xanzara or other top Ferals about.

1 hour ago, Maxkitty said:

Thanks for reading my post! I do have a small question though. Are the values of the relic and crucible traits on the crucible page shown as 'relic' ilvls, or 'weapon' ilvls?

I always prefer to deal in weapon item levels, as relic item levels have varying gaps in how much weapon item level they give at specific gaps in the 5-10-15 etc. jumps between 1 and 2.

The Chatoyant use is predominantly just go make sure that Energy is never too starved, so you can flexibly pool around your debuff timers since you won't be critting with Shred and building to finishers as quickly (which in turn hurts SotF because you aren't making as frequent use of them). It is also a very limiting playstyle and furthermore is really limited to Single Target, but definitely is interesting how much it's spiked up in Antorus with the gear levels being reached.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 5:08 PM, wordup said:

The Chatoyant use is predominantly just go make sure that Energy is never too starved, so you can flexibly pool around your debuff timers since you won't be critting with Shred and building to finishers as quickly (which in turn hurts SotF because you aren't making as frequent use of them). It is also a very limiting playstyle and furthermore is really limited to Single Target, but definitely is interesting how much it's spiked up in Antorus with the gear levels being reached.

Apparently it’s the stats on Chatoyant that are so useful right now. They start outscaling the effect of SotF but it's hard to say that it's the same ingame. From what I know, sims are very specific and don't take into account how you play, so sometimes even if Chatoyant sims higher than SotA, SotA might actually be a better option ingame, even if you play with both properly. 

In addition, Luffa and Chatoyant are currently the best aoe legendaries for Feral, but on the gear page it says Luffa is a bad option. This is certainly not true. Predator is also a near mandatory talent option with these legendaries, so I suggest it should be put as recommended on the talent page for AOE, considering it’s extreme strength in fights with frequent add spawns, such as High Command. 

Edited by Maxkitty

I'm a little confused right now about Lunar Inspiration and Blood Scent. On Warcraftlogs, the popularity between the 2 talents is mostly 50/50. For me, Lunar Inspiration is simming slightly higher ingame, and even with 100% uptime on it (I'm also snapshotting it with TF) I seem to be doing less DPS than I do with Blood Scent. I'm very curious to know if perhaps Simcraft overvalues the talent, or if it's because it feels we don't need the free 10% crit. 

Is simcraft doing something wrong? Am I playing wrong? Or am I just victim to unfortunate chains of shreds and FB's refusing to crit? I know that crit gains lots of value with Lunar Inspiration considering you lose 10% and so does haste. Does it truly become more powerful than Blood Scent with the proper stats? Or does Blood Scent's massive crit gain that causes you to almost always crit with shred and FB stay more powerful even if simcraft says otherwise? 

I'm really curious to how these 2 talents compete, and if needed, I can go into RF in Antorus and run 2 quick logs on Varimathras for ST sims with each talent.

Edited by Maxkitty

Druid Leveling Guide 100-110 (Legion 7.0.3)

Last updated on Sep 05, 2017 at 12:23 by Wordup28 comments

This guide outlines how to efficiently leveling from Level 100 to 110 with a Feral Druid and a Balance Druid.

1. Feral

1.1. Talent Suggestions

Level 100: Moment of Clarity Icon Moment of Clarity

And now my  concern - there is difference between level 75 talents - Leveling Guide and Leveling build in Feral talents bookmark. 

So - on 75 lvl, while leveling feral druid, we should take Soul of forest or Jagged Wounds ?

•  

And now my concern - there is a difference between level 75 talents - Leveling Guide and Leveling build in Feral talent bookmark.

So - on 75 lvl, while leveling feral druid, we should take Soul of forest or Jageed Wounds ?

Sorry for font color :( and for double paste Talent Cheat Sheet....

3 hours ago, Futrzak said:

And now my concern - there is a difference between level 75 talents - Leveling Guide and Leveling build in Feral talent bookmark.

So - on 75 lvl, while leveling feral druid, we should take Soul of forest or Jageed Wounds ?

Sorry for font color :( and for double paste Talent Cheat Sheet....

I would take incarnation all the time, even if the guide isn’t updated yet.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:19 PM, Maxkitty said:

I would take incarnation all the time, even if the guide isn’t updated yet.

I always find Incarn has too long of a cooldown for leveling, just given how rarely you actually benefit from its duration - I personally always go for Jagged, just given that mobs die far too quickly for my bleeds to do much and this way they actually have a bit more impact. 

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

I always find Incarn has too long of a cooldown for leveling, just given how rarely you actually benefit from its duration - I personally always go for Jagged, just given that mobs die far too quickly for my bleeds to do much and this way they actually have a bit more impact. 

I feel like they die so fast anyways that it won’t matter too much. Also, Incarn helps significantly if you happen to come across a rare. At least that’s my opinion.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

I feel like they die so fast anyways that it won’t matter too much. Also, Incarn helps significantly if you happen to come across a rare. At least that’s my opinion.

That's fair, yeah - I think it depends also on what zone you're in. Some of them have such massive gaps between mobs that you barely touch things with Incarn, others are so nicely stacked you can chain pull and get a full Incarn off. Preference is probably the way to go here, rather than a black and white answer.

• Like 1

Guest Phantasy

Hi, I am new to the class.

I was wondering if there is a Pawn string for a feral PvP druid that I can work from? (I'm no good at making my own).

Cheers

On 29/01/2018 at 10:25 PM, Guest Phantasy said:

Hi, I am new to the class.

I was wondering if there is a Pawn string for a feral PvP druid that I can work from? (I'm no good at making my own).

Cheers

There's no need for any pawn string for PvP - stats make no difference in instanced PvP. Just go for highest item level and that's it.