FORUMS
Damien

Feral Druid 7.3

Guest Feral
29 minutes ago, PaasHaaS said:

Rake does double damage when used from stealth, is probably why.

Rake does double damage for the duration of Incarnation and so does Shred

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

I believe it's because you have the Rake to generate a CP for SR, you then still get it buffed by Bloodtalons alongside AF. After you have cast your rip, you will immediately re-cast Rake in the normal rotation and it should, in theory, be buffed by SR/TF/Beserk and not waste any energy because you are re-applying as it falls off after that opening sequence. 

Energy is not really an issue though while Berserk/Incarn is running. I mean I understand that you kind of waste the 60 energy from TF if you use it prepull, but you aren't running out of energy in your opener at all. So you sacrifice 15% Rakedamage for 60 energy that you have no use for at all.

Savage Roar is another thing we should talk about. With my current stats SR is 0.7% better than Brutal Slash in pure single target. The biggest difference I've simmed so far was 3%, which again is pure single target. These numbers are irrelevant for anyone else, this is something you'd have to sim for yourself, but I think the guide should point out that the difference is very tiny and really comes down to personal preference/gear.

@Moderators Please merge my last post with this one so I can edit it. I made a mistake in my last post. Shred damage only increases by 50% during Incarnation. My wording might suggest otherwise.

So after upgrading my weapon iLevel from 920 to 933/948 with crucible (Rake/Rip traits) the difference got even smaller. BS now does 0.4% less damage than SR in pure single target. I guess the higher your weapon damage the smaller the difference and there might even be a point where BS is just better in single target.

Edited by WildFeral

22 hours ago, Guest Feral said:

Energy is not really an issue though while Berserk/Incarn is running. I mean I understand that you kind of waste the 60 energy from TF if you use it prepull, but you aren't running out of energy in your opener at all. So you sacrifice 15% Rakedamage for 60 energy that you have no use for at all.

I'm going to ask Wordup and let you know what he says on both points. Probably easier than me guessing at it! :D

On 9/13/2017 at 1:56 PM, Guest Feral said:

Ok, so - on the opener, the writer is currently checking with the reviewer, but he doesn't think anything has changed or that needs to be changed. He'll give me an answer as to what/why when he gets a reply.

For the Talents, he says there is no currently attainable item level where Savage Roar loses to BS on single-target, but it is a purely ST ability. 

On 13/09/2017 at 1:56 PM, Guest Feral said:

Rake does double damage for the duration of Incarnation and so does Shred

Savage Roar is another thing we should talk about. With my current stats SR is 0.7% better than Brutal Slash in pure single target. The biggest difference I've simmed so far was 3%, which again is pure single target. These numbers are irrelevant for anyone else, this is something you'd have to sim for yourself, but I think the guide should point out that the difference is very tiny and really comes down to personal preference/gear.

I've spoke with the reviewer and checked and double checked over the opener reasons, and the primary reason I see to not use Tiger's Fury in a pre-pull (though not always applicable), is that it's in the pool of buffs/resources that are purged and reset when a boss is pulled. That is, if you pre-pull Tiger's Lust, you'll lose it for the entirety of your opener (and your first Berserk) which is obviously far more damage lost than buffing up your first Rake.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2017 at 5:06 AM, wordup said:

I've spoke with the reviewer and checked and double checked over the opener reasons, and the primary reason I see to not use Tiger's Fury in a pre-pull (though not always applicable), is that it's in the pool of buffs/resources that are purged and reset when a boss is pulled. That is, if you pre-pull Tiger's Lust, you'll lose it for the entirety of your opener (and your first Berserk) which is obviously far more damage lost than buffing up your first Rake.

That's rather odd, something like that has never happened to me. Are there any special cases where it always purges you or is it random? I've been using both buffs regulary at 1-0 pulltimer vs ToS bosses and it worked just fine for me up to this point. 

Edit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to proof anyone wrong or get myself in the spotlight or something like that, I just want answers to be honest. If you're telling me the bosses reset buffs so be it, but is this something you've/someone else tried out or is it just something you knew from before the most recent patch and didn't bother to check?

Edited by WildFeral

5 hours ago, WildFeral said:

That's rather odd, something like that has never happened to me. Are there any special cases where it always purges you or is it random? I've been using both buffs regulary at 1-0 pulltimer vs ToS bosses and it worked just fine for me up to this point. 

Edit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong or get myself in the spotlight or something like that, I just want answers to be honest. If you're telling me the bosses reset buffs so be it, but is this something you've/someone else tried out or is it just something you knew from before the most recent patch and didn't bother to check?

Passing on to WU.

10 hours ago, WildFeral said:

Edit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong or get myself in the spotlight or something like that, I just want answers to be honest. If you're telling me the bosses reset buffs so be it, but is this something you've/someone else tried out or is it just something you knew from before the most recent patch and didn't bother to check?

It's something I verified with Xanzara, but after double checking it doesn't seem to be happening anymore, so I'll speak with him and get back to you as to whether that alters it any.

On 8/29/2017 at 5:12 AM, Blainie said:

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

I've noticed in the basic rotation section of the easy mode guide that wordup mentions how "Talents selected allow for much more room to maintain these effects, in particular Sabertooth removing the requirement to refresh Rip as Ferocious Bite will refresh it." Yet in the talents section sabretooh isn't the selected level 90 talent, brutal slash is. And, delving deeper into the guide with which a player looking in easy mode is going "tl;dr" to the rest of the guide, the main talent selections page itself has a big red X on sabretooth anyway. This should be updated!

5 hours ago, Razor64 said:

I've noticed in the basic rotation section of the easy mode guide that wordup mentions how "Talents selected allow for much more room to maintain these effects, in particular Sabertooth removing the requirement to refresh Rip as Ferocious Bite will refresh it." Yet in the talents section sabretooh isn't the selected level 90 talent, brutal slash is. And, delving deeper into the guide with which a player looking in easy mode is going "tl;dr" to the rest of the guide, the main talent selections page itself has a big red X on sabretooth anyway. This should be updated!

I'll ask Wordup to update, but it's worth noting that the Easy Mode guide is completely different from the rest of the guide. The information in each has no impact/bearing on anything in the rest of the guide, in regards to Sabertooth not being recommend in the full guide.

On 16/09/2017 at 11:19 AM, WildFeral said:

We are still looking into this in case it seems like it's being passed over, just taking a bit more time since it's relatively new information in a newly updated spec, just to keep you in the know.

• Like 1

Guest Kizoja

I feel like this guide could use some cleaning up in terms of reference to mastery over versatility. BiS section still puts mastery as the highest secondary, but if you go to stat weights it tells you two different weights. Versatility and mastery switch depending on incarnation or jagged wounds respectively. If you go to the talents section, you'll likely pick up that incarnation is the standard build despite the BiS section telling you things like "weighted towards mastery" and listing stat weights "calculated using the standard talent build" that seem to mimic the jagged wounds stat priority even though you just read that incarnation is the standard build and incarnation favors versatility. The "advanced stats" section under stat priority mentions that you should aim for mastery and crit. I'm sure this is not a big deal, but it could be confusing to newer players as it was confusing for me to see versatility in one place and read mastery in several others. I just assumed the guide hadn't been updated completely back from when jagged wounds was the only stat priority that was listed.

For the talent section, I think Moment of Clarity should be recommended along with Bloodtalons. Reason being, MoC seems to pull ahead slightly the more versatility you have, being beneficial for shred. It can also save you a lot of potential energy and even be rewarding if you decide to pool (considering it stacks twice with MoC). I've seen a lot of the top Ferals use MoC and according to what I've seen on Warcraftlogs (for all bosses) it's very mixed, like 50/50. Honestly enough, MoC seems to be a bit more popular, but that makes some sense since lots of people don't like BT. However the damage is so similar, it's always mixed. I've just seen MoC to get higher value the more versatility you have with BT still remaining competitive at all times. 

What I mean to say is that it kind of depends on the situation. If you have some time away from the boss where bleeds can do the job (Fallen Avatar) then Bloodtalons may be the go to. But MoC is still great and sometimes pulls ahead. I was wondering if we could make them both recommended and imply they mainly come down to personal preference?

I rolled a 935 relic that has both chaotic darkness and infusion of light. the recommendation is that light is a bit stronger but I'm confused as to why? darkness can do 60 - 300k where as light does 101k. does light offer better proc rates?

6 hours ago, SupermanDan said:

I rolled a 935 relic that has both chaotic darkness and infusion of light. the recommendation is that light is a bit stronger but I'm confused as to why? darkness can do 60 - 300k where as light does 101k. does light offer better proc rates?

Chaotic Darkness procs approximately 2 times a minute, while Infusion of Light procs about 4 times per minute. The light one is a better choice generally due to consistent damage that just so happens to pull ahead, so I'd say go with that.

Edited by Maxkitty
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Maxkitty said:

Chaotic Darkness procs approximately 2 times a minute, while Infusion of Light procs about 4 times per minute. The light one is a better choice generally due to consistent damage that just so happens to pull ahead, so I'd say go with that.

thanks for the fast response I'll definitely go for light it rolled the berserk trait and the 3rd trait is rake so its pretty top tier I'm hyped =D

1 hour ago, SupermanDan said:

thanks for the fast response I'll definitely go for light it rolled the berserk trait and the 3rd trait is rake so its pretty top tier I'm hyped =D

Nice! Having the rake trait is a huge bonus :)

On 10/3/2017 at 11:45 PM, Guest Kizoja said:

I just assumed the guide hadn't been updated completely back from when jagged wounds was the only stat priority that was listed.

So, after talking to Wordup - the reason for being weighted towards Mastery was becasue the T20 mythic profile that was used with SimC was Mastery weighted. He has updated the BiS gear to be more weighted towards Vers.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:28 PM, Maxkitty said:

What I mean to say is that it kind of depends on the situation. If you have some time away from the boss where bleeds can do the job (Fallen Avatar) then Bloodtalons may be the go to. But MoC is still great and sometimes pulls ahead. I was wondering if we could make them both recommended and imply they mainly come down to personal preference?

Guide has now been updated to include a "tick" on MoC too :)

Guest Vazze

Hi

Both single and AoE raiding talent guide suggest Incarnation as default
Stat Priority page suggest versatility as main stat in Incarnation builds
Gems,Enchants page tells me go for mastery

I'm confused

On 10/24/2017 at 10:15 AM, Guest Vazze said:

I'm confused

I'll get Wordup to update it - gem according to your talent of choice and the stats associated with it.

Guest Ribcage

I know this guide is outdated, but I think it's important in the new guide to mention stat weights based off your talents. That stats and weights seems off in some cases.