FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

4 hours ago, Guest kittybleu said:

So, a couple questions:

Will check with Azor on all 3 questions and let you know.

8 hours ago, Guest kittybleu said:

So, a couple questions:

Answers to the questions:

1. With MM relics, item level comes first. Skorpyron does have a Windrunner's relic, but it's a lower item level.
  2. Essentially, the priority is adjusted to make gearing easier for people. Versatility is pretty rare to find on gear and, generally when people see it on the priority as higher up, they will obsess over trying to obtain Versatility gear. In reality, it's a tiny difference that doesn't matter much. 
  3. It will use less focus and do the 100% damage still.

Hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, Blainie said:
  1. It will use less focus and do the 100% damage still.

Hope this helps.

Oh my god, yes! This has been bothering me for far too long. Thank you for answering. Too bad I have some terrible tier items and I do more damage without them, need to pray for some warforged gear :D

1 hour ago, Vuda said:

Oh my god, yes! This has been bothering me for far too long. Thank you for answering. Too bad I have some terrible tier items and I do more damage without them, need to pray for some warforged gear :D

No worries and sorry for taking so long to answer! Good luck with your drops :)

Guest kittybleu
3 hours ago, Blainie said:

With MM relics, item level comes first. Skorpyron does have a Windrunner's relic, but it's a lower item level.

aha, completely forgot about loot drops being different ilvls for later bosses and didn't even look at comparative relic levels.

It will use less focus and do the 100% damage still.

Phew! That question was worrisome.

Thanks for the prompt reply and clear answers!  Thanks to Azor too for his OCDness in pushing frequent updates and doing the heavy lifting for the rest of us (theorycrafting!)

20 minutes ago, Guest kittybleu said:

aha, completely forgot about loot drops being different ilvls for later bosses and didn't even look at comparative relic levels.

It's an easy thing to forget! Glad to have helped and if you have any other questions, just ask :)

Guest Rasd

Is it just me or does the 4p bonus for MM is rather crap for the memebuild? During Trueshot you only cycle between AS/MS anyways and give fuck all about focus during that, at least according to my expierence. I could achieve currently 4p, but my back would lose 20 ilvl and my shoulders 5. So I would rather not equip that if this gives me hardly any bonus with the meme specc (which works great by the way =) )

17 hours ago, Guest Rasd said:

Is it just me or does the 4p bonus for MM is rather crap for the memebuild? During Trueshot you only cycle between AS/MS anyways and give fuck all about focus during that, at least according to my expierence. I could achieve currently 4p, but my back would lose 20 ilvl and my shoulders 5. So I would rather not equip that if this gives me hardly any bonus with the meme specc (which works great by the way =) )

It's most likely better, yeah. You can always sim to make sure, but I would assume better itemised pieces with a higher item level will do better.

hey, i have just a few questions regarding the meme build priorities:

1. do you interrupt the AS+MS spam during Trueshot for Lock and Load'ed AiS?

2. if Marking Targets procs while you're in the Vulnerable window getting ready to get some AiS off, do you interrupt it with the AS->MS?

3. do you use Windburst off cooldown or still just use it to proc Vulnerable?

thanks

2 hours ago, timoseewho said:

hey, i have just a few questions regarding the meme build priorities:

1. do you interrupt the AS+MS spam during Trueshot for Lock and Load'ed AiS?

2. if Marking Targets procs while you're in the Vulnerable window getting ready to get some AiS off, do you interrupt it with the AS->MS?

3. do you use Windburst off cooldown or still just use it to proc Vulnerable?

thanks

I'm no expert but here's my 3 cents:

1. On fights like Skorpyron - never. On single target - yep. My guess it's better to spam MS when you can hit more than 1 target.

2. I'd interrupt casting AiS only when I can hit more than 1 target with MS.

3. I try to not use Windburst when I can fit an AiS within the current Vulnerable window.

I might be wrong, but the BiS page seems to be inconsistent. For trinkets list suggests Convergence and Fury, even though in sims there are many trinkets much higher than the latter. I know that it's single target simulation and Fury might be exceptionally good in aoe fights, but not all fights in NH are full aoe like Skorpyron.

Also, I have a question about legendaries. I got the boots, so it's the obvious choice. Now I can either use the Voodoo helm or Blasting Cap wrists. My question is: do simulations in guide take into account using Bursting Shot outside Vulnerable windows? I know that my sims don't but I have no idea how to set them to do so.

Edit: How the hell did I double post? Now I can't even delete it, Blainie halp me!

Edited by Vuda

On 2/13/2017 at 4:40 PM, Vuda said:

I'm no expert but here's my 3 cents:

Confirming.

21 hours ago, Vuda said:

I might be wrong, but the BiS page seems to be inconsistent. For trinkets list suggests Convergence and Fury, even though in sims there are many trinkets much higher than the latter. I know that it's single target simulation and Fury might be exceptionally good in aoe fights, but not all fights in NH are full aoe like Skorpyron.

The BiS is specifically tailored to Nighthold-only gear. There are definitely better pieces, but we wanted to make sure there wasn't confusion about what to take based on luck/item level increases. Instead, we stuck with Nighthold only. There's a little disclaimer above the BiS list:

Bear in mind that all of this is subject to change based on Warforging and Titanforging happening on gear, so this is absolutely a guideline and not a rule. Note that it is also just dealing with gear from raid environments, so this could change if you are spending a large amount of time in Mythic+ and gaining different, rarer pieces.

Hope this helps!

21 hours ago, Vuda said:

Also, I have a question about legendaries. I got the boots, so it's the obvious choice. Now I can either use the Voodoo helm or Blasting Cap wrists. My question is: do simulations in guide take into account using Bursting Shot outside Vulnerable windows? I know that my sims don't but I have no idea how to set them to do so.

I don't know how to do it myself, but I know that Azor has taken it into account with his - the legendary rankings should be correct.

Guest Sim overviews

The new trinket sim overview is a great addition, thank you very much!

I think I can guess how much time all that simming took, so I feel kind of bad for asking this (but I'm gonna no matter what :P), are there plans to do the same listings for MT, eg 3 or 5 targets? That would be perfect.

46 minutes ago, Guest Sim overviews said:

The new trinket sim overview is a great addition, thank you very much!

I think I can guess how much time all that simming took, so I feel kind of bad for asking this (but I'm gonna no matter what :P), are there plans to do the same listings for MT, eg 3 or 5 targets? That would be perfect.

Plans? Definitely. I'm sure Azor would love to include it. The issue is that, with how often things are being changed/hotfixed at the moment, I think you would basically always have a set that are out-of-date. It might be something he includes in the future when things have calmed down slightly.

As you said, time is the big restriction here! :)

The BiS is specifically tailored to Nighthold-only gear. There are definitely better pieces, but we wanted to make sure there wasn't confusion about what to take based on luck/item level increases. Instead, we stuck with Nighthold only. There's a little disclaimer above the BiS list:

Hope this helps!

Yeah I didn't notice that these are only NH items, my bad. With war/titanforged gear you never know what might get better.

I don't know how to do it myself, but I know that Azor has taken it into account with his - the legendary rankings should be correct.

Great, thanks for the answer. I guess I'll stick to using Blasting Cap only for M+15 then.

1 hour ago, Vuda said:

Yeah I didn't notice that these are only NH items, my bad. With war/titanforged gear you never know what might get better.

Great, thanks for the answer. I guess I'll stick to using Blasting Cap only for M+15 then.

Yeah, pretty much. No worries and don't forget - any more questions, just ask! :)

Seems like legendary hands will get more value, less time, less focus, more crit, more crit damage, more everything.

It seems to me like with these bonuses Trick Shot build will get more value than meme.

Guest Zennen

Hey,

Reading the guide and comments, I am still unsure how to prioritize with meme build.

Outside of Trueshot,

When vulnerability is up, do I want to prioritize Aimed shot over procced Arcane Shot with a following Marked Shot? With or without Lock&Load proc? Or do I use AS->MS until I run out of procs and THEN use aimed shot?

Is Explosive shot prioritized over AS-MS/AiS?

During Trueshot,

Should explosive shot be used at all during trueshot, or is it better to use AS-MS/AiS?

What takes priority during Trueshot? AS-MS or AiS with vuln? Only with LnL or anyway if it's inside vuln window?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I found it a bit confusing!

• Like 1

i have a question regarding builds and legendary. Currently I have boots, belts and zevrim hunger (in the package) and played the last time allways the "standard True Shot build" with more or less success (90% performance average over all HC bosses). I feel pretty well with rotation and burst timings, but I start now with the mythic content and therefore I want more deeply look into the builds for the different endcounters and if I should change something.

All following questions based on Trick Shot as my preferred 100 talent, with war belt and boots.

Question 1: Explo vs. Patient Sniper

Azo recommend to use for +1 Add fights Explo Shot instead of Patient Sniper. I can imagine for optimal AE burst damage, but how does it harmonize with the belt? Currently as soon as adds spawns and trueshot isn´t up, I follow multi -marked shot rotation as long as it procs. AiS only if A) no more procs, B) I reach 20 stacks! My question: with the war belt and increased PS timers, is explo stronger in any +1 add situation and should it be definitely my main choice for +1 Add fights?  Or should I  stay for PS, because of the increased damage later on single targets plus the option for an really strong AiS cleave shot. 

Question 2: LnL vs. True Aim

Free AiS are allways nice, out of questions, but it seems that adds dies really quickly and I love to continuous stacking x% increase damage on the main target, because it hit´s hard and stacks up very quickly. During trueshot +1 add I spam multi-marked and AiS with 20 stacks, or I tunnel focus target if it is necessary. So two "free" AiS shots are not really important for me. Outside of trueshot I tunnel my focus target and I can stack up the buff. As soon as add´s spawn, I change the rotation as I described at question 1. My question: Is LnL really competitive (or simply better) to True Aim with the war belt and Trick Shot?

Question 3:

Should I play meme build for +1 Add encounters and change belt for zevrims hunger, and switch back to trick shot for pure single target, which includes I don´t really need the belt any more...

Totally everybody wants to push his damage (and brakets) with adds, and nobody cares about the boss. From my side I feel pretty happy with my moderate burst AE/cleave damage plus stronger single target damage without loosing too much from all (single and ae), but I am not sure if I am on a right way or not. 

Edited by Armorphis

Yeah, with Single Target Meme Build, when you use Trueshot, the guide reads like you're just supposed to cast Arcane Shot then Marked Shot over again, which just doesn't feel right to me. I cast LnL Aimed Shots when they proc, but I'm not sure about priority in this case.

Guest Zalsh
15 hours ago, DaltonIsPanda said:

Yeah, with Single Target Meme Build, when you use Trueshot, the guide reads like you're just supposed to cast Arcane Shot then Marked Shot over again, which just doesn't feel right to me. I cast LnL Aimed Shots when they proc, but I'm not sure about priority in this case.

AiS does more damage then MS. So, for single target, go for AiS procs from LnL. However, on multiple targets, M-S and MS do more damage and faster too.

3 hours ago, Guest Zalsh said:

AiS does more damage then MS. So, for single target, go for AiS procs from LnL. However, on multiple targets, M-S and MS do more damage and faster too.

Just LnL procs for single target or should I get as many Vulnerable AiS in as I can?

Guest Uggasmesh

A quick question of mine. In a single-target scenario is the legendary marked shot ring better off then the legendary Aimed Shot gloves? I haven't quite tested it myself but I feel the gloves are very lack luster (especially when they take up a tier spot