FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

About Piercing Shot + 4p. Piercing uses up to 85 focus during Trueshot, therefore deals 15% less damage.
So I guess my only choice is either to use only 2p (which is silly, why would Blizzard encourage us not to use a tier bonus?) or pray to God I will get the legendary belt so I can ditch meme build all together?

Edited by Vuda

59 minutes ago, Vuda said:

About Piercing Shot + 4p. Piercing uses up to 85 focus during Trueshot, therefore deals 15% less damage.
So I guess my only choice is either to use only 2p (which is silly, why would Blizzard encourage us not to use a tier bonus?) or pray to God I will get the legendary belt so I can ditch meme build all together?

I'm incredibly confused, I'm sorry. Can you ask this in a different way? I'm not sure if I'm being stupid, reading it wrong or something. Really sorry!

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

I'm incredibly confused, I'm sorry. Can you ask this in a different way? I'm not sure if I'm being stupid, reading it wrong or something. Really sorry!

Me want legendary belt. Me want no use meme build. Yes, me know, me strange.

Seriously tho, in my sims I'd do about 15k less dps when using 4p with meme build compared to only 2p (on 2 targets).

1 hour ago, Vuda said:

Seriously tho, in my sims I'd do about 15k less dps when using 4p with meme build compared to only 2p (on 2 targets).

I am with you mate, I don't really enjoy meme build feels like too much waiting for big moves with little action.  Minor failures in rotations with meme seem to reflect quite drastically in your performance.  Sims show Trueaim/PatientSniper/MoC/Trickshot as my best options on single target by a reasonable margin ~3-5%.

How did the sim look for actions? Did it mark and vulnerable both targets and utilise trickshot to its potential?

Didn't think meme build came into its AoE glory till more targets are present 3-5 or more.

18 hours ago, Mungbean said:

How did the sim look for actions? Did it mark and vulnerable both targets and utilise trickshot to its potential?

Didn't think meme build came into its AoE glory till more targets are present 3-5 or more.

About first line: I am talking about 2p with meme vs 4p with meme. Currently I use Trick Shot only for Trilliax, Krosus and Augur, so pure single target fights. And to be honest I have no idea how do sim look for actions, I just look at the numbers. I'm not that advanced in Simcraft:(

And yeah, meme build can be a pain in the ass. It's fun and all, I like that we finally have some viarety and not just go Sidewinders+Barrage for EVERY scenario like in 7.1. It's just when you miss that explosive or piercing because tank moved adds (or any other possible scenario) it feels so bad and you lose so much damage. Maybe I'm just salty because I have no dps legendaries, huh. And no, bracers on my wrists don't count, I pretend they do not exist:P

About second line: simcraft says that on 2 targets I'd do: 838k with meme using 2p, 823k with meme using 4p, 788k using L&L/Explosive/Trick and finally 756k using L&L/Patient/Trick

Edited by Vuda

Guest Toyman

Thanks for the well written guide.

Just a quick question that I couldn't quite figure out from the legendaries section I was hoping someone can help with.

I just got my 3rd legendary yesterday and was wondering which I should be using.  Obviously the boots.  However, if i have to choose between the Blasting shot bracers and prydaz for my 2nd legendary, which should i go for?

The rankings on the legendary section seem to be MM specific, so I'm not sure where prydaz falls relative to the bracers.  Any help/input much appreciated.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Vuda said:

About second line: simcraft says that on 2 targets I'd do: 838k with meme using 2p, 823k with meme using 4p, 788k using L&L/Explosive/Trick and finally 756k using L&L/Patient/Trick

Interesting.  Whats your character name and server see what I can get with your setup for sims

14 hours ago, Mungbean said:

Interesting.  Whats your character name and server see what I can get with your setup for sims

Vuda on Burning Legion EU. Thanks in advance for any tips. :) If that helps other tier items I have are 890 shoulders and 875 chest, currently they do not show up on armory.

Edited by Vuda

11 hours ago, Vuda said:

About first line: I am talking about 2p with meme vs 4p with meme. Currently I use Trick Shot only for Trilliax, Krosus and Augur, so pure single target fights. And to be honest I have no idea how do sim look for actions, I just look at the numbers. I'm not that advanced in Simcraft:(

And yeah, meme build can be a pain in the ass. It's fun and all, I like that we finally have some viarety and not just go Sidewinders+Barrage for EVERY scenario like in 7.1. It's just when you miss that explosive or piercing because tank moved adds (or any other possible scenario) it feels so bad and you lose so much damage. Maybe I'm just salty because I have no dps legendaries, huh. And no, bracers on my wrists don't count, I pretend they do not exist:P

Have you considered simcraft might not be right.  There are several classes that do not sim properly.  It doesn't make sense for piercing shot to do less, or whatever you were talking about, just because of the set bonus.

6 hours ago, Violentravi said:

Have you considered simcraft might not be right.  There are several classes that do not sim properly.  It doesn't make sense for piercing shot to do less, or whatever you were talking about, just because of the set bonus.

I didn't check it myself but several people on Trueshot Lodge discord told me that Piercing deals less damage during Trueshot with 4p because of the cost reduction. I guess we'd need Azor's confirmation:P

Edited by Vuda

14 hours ago, Guest Toyman said:

I just got my 3rd legendary yesterday and was wondering which I should be using.  Obviously the boots.  However, if i have to choose between the Blasting shot bracers and prydaz for my 2nd legendary, which should i go for?

As owner of the bracers I'd advice to go Prydaz. It all depends on your gear alternatives but bracers are very situational. The only fight they were useful for me is Skorpyron (once it did ~9% of my damage, usually less, on every other fight Bursting did max ~3%). Remember about knockback effect. Of course 3 Botanists or main adds in boss encounters will be immune, but if you use Bursting incorretly on "normal" adds your raid leader will simply tell you to stop using it (yup, happened to me on Botanist adds ever when I knocked them away from fixate targets). Also Prydaz is a huge mastery and crit boost so all your other abilities will deal more damage. And it's great for progress because of the shield.

Simcraft by default doesn't use Bursting with bracers so I cannot give you raw numbers (like I said in previous post I'm not that pro at it).

I'd use bracers only on high M+ when you need to give your tank a second or two to heal up or move away.

Edited by Vuda

12 hours ago, Violentravi said:

Some of the set pieces have god awful stats.  If swapped out pieces were better itemized that may account for some differences.

13 hours ago, Vuda said:

Vuda on Burning Legion EU. Thanks in advance for any tips. :) If that helps other tier items I have are 890 shoulders and 875 chest, currently they do not show up on armory.

In AoE I have you doing 2% less dps with 4p.  Your other non-set items are much better itemized and are higher ilvl.  Roughly 4p reduces your mastery by 3% and you gain 3% vers and you loose 300 agility.  4p may just not be that useful.  According to Azortharion's numbers on single target 2pc is a 3.25% increase and 4p is only 2.4%.  Possibly 4pc isn't simming well or it isn't really that useful in AoE or in general.  Try some target dummies then tryout the results of those tests on raids.

2 hours ago, Mungbean said:

Some of the set pieces have god awful stats.  If swapped out pieces were better itemized that may account for some differences.

Exactly. When I saw that chest has a ton of haste and versa I almost threw up. In my opinion the 4p is garbage after the nerf. 50% in ptr was too much, but 15% feels like nothing. Anyway, thanks for all the informations!

I  have a question.  It shows that MM spec is supposed to have Multishot.  However, we don't.  Under my spells, I show two Sidewinders.  Am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, CrownRoyalB said:

I  have a question.  It shows that MM spec is supposed to have Multishot.  However, we don't.  Under my spells, I show two Sidewinders.  Am I missing something?

Sidewinders replaces both Arcane and Multishot.

hi, is there a point in time where you just all-right spam Multi-Shot over doing the Trick Shot cleave (while still doing Marked Shot when it procs)? is there a mob count for that?

thanks

Guest Kazoo

The latest stat weights for Pawn in the guide include "Ap" (Agility, Ap, Crit, Haste, Mastery, Vers, DPS).  I do not see anything that simply says Ap anywhere in the weight listing to type this weight into.  Help?

On 2/4/2017 at 1:28 AM, Vuda said:

Bit too simple there! Glad to see that you got the help you needed anyway! :)

On 2/5/2017 at 9:58 AM, Vuda said:

I'd use bracers only on high M+ when you need to give your tank a second or two to heal up or move away.

Thanks for helping to reply :)

8 hours ago, timoseewho said:

hi, is there a point in time where you just all-right spam Multi-Shot over doing the Trick Shot cleave (while still doing Marked Shot when it procs)? is there a mob count for that?

thanks

From the guide:

On 4 targets or above, you should prioritize spending your Marking Targets Icon Marking Targets procs immediately as you get them and casting Marked Shot Icon Marked Shot, filling in with Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot when you got no procs, but generally prioritizing getting as many Marked Shot Icon Marked Shots off as possible.

If you have like 10+ adds that are going to die immediately, maybe MS will be better, but there are very, very few scenarios where this happens.

8 hours ago, Guest Kazoo said:

The latest stat weights for Pawn in the guide include "Ap" (Agility, Ap, Crit, Haste, Mastery, Vers, DPS).  I do not see anything that simply says Ap anywhere in the weight listing to type this weight into.  Help?

I've put in a note for Azor to check. For now, ignore AP if you can't find where to put it.

Guest Zeppojuice

We have these......updated

Marksmanship - "Meme" Build

( Pawn: v1: "Azor-Marksmanship-Memebuild": Agility=20.05, Ap=19.36, CritRating=18.29, HasteRating=15.29, MasteryRating=22.33, Versatility=17.17, Dps=50.03 )

Marksmanship - Standard Trick Shot Build

( Pawn: v1: "Marksmanship": Agility=13.66, Ap=12.98, CritRating=14.65, HasteRating=13.74, MasteryRating=15.67, Versatility=13.04, Dps=43.57 )

???????

Can we get an updated classic: Sidewinder (MOC, LocknLoad) pawn string please. I did mine like this for now keeping haste over crit since it is necessary to the whole build concept :

( Pawn: v1: "Zeppojuice-Marksmanship": Agility=20.05, CritRating=15.29, HasteRating=18.29, MasteryRating=22.33, Versatility=17.17, Dps=50.03 )

I only ask since I am able to do a lot more DPS with the Sidewinder build than the others and I personally love it.

And (ignorant ?), but what is "ap" in the string. It is not in the default list in PAWN? Attack Power?

1 hour ago, Guest Zeppojuice said:

I only ask since I am able to do a lot more DPS with the Sidewinder build than the others and I personally love it.

And (ignorant ?), but what is "ap" in the string. It is not in the default list in PAWN? Attack Power?

I'll ask Azor, but maintaining 3 different pawn setups can be pretty frustrating, especially when the third build isn't really a general build - it is instead something that is outperformed by the other 2 builds on every fight currently in NH (as far as I am aware).

For AP, it is indeed Attack Power. Just ignore it, you don't need to input it.

Guest kittybleu

So, a couple questions:

Has the BiS gear list been updated to reflect the piercing shot build? I ask because the recommended relics on the artifact/relic page are Windrunner's Guidance/Precision (for marked shot), but the BiS list has relics for aimed shot, which would seem to benefit the Trick Shot build more.

Also, not sure about the stat priority- the stat priority list doesn't seem to match the numbers in the pawn sting (for piercing build seems like vers is 3rd not last?) I'm new to pawn so maybe I just don't understand how the numbers work.

I didn't see an answer to the question someone asked above about piercing doing less damage with 4pc during trueshot (forgive me if I missed it), which is rather concerning- I will try to rephrase what I think they were asking since it looks the question itself confused some people:

Since piercing shot damage is based on how much focus you spend on it (max damage at 100 focus spent) does the focus cost reduction from the 4pc set also reduce the max damage piercing can do during trueshot? (I would hope someone at blizz factored in how much focus you WOULD have used w/o the reduction from tier set, but given their track record lately I would not be surprised if this was overlooked. It does not make sense at all to have an ability nerfed when you supposedly get a bonus)

And a related question: if the 4pc does lower piercing shot damage, how does that affect gearing choices and/or rotation?

P.S forgive me if this posts twice, keycaptcha doesn't believe I'm a real human and I'm not sure the first attempt went thru...