FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

1 hour ago, Aarath said:

Since I couldn't find his Focus Number WA, I found one with a bar and number and hid everything but the number.

After both of those AiS, about how many arcanes does it seem you are spamming? Is it consistent? 

it depends a little on if i get a haste proc, but normally it's 2 AS tops, then i go back to the MS/Windburst rotation. go hit the dummy for a good 10 mins and you'll get the hang of it. as long as you're not focus capping and getting AiS towards the end of Vulnerable (ideally 1 between 2-3s and 0-1s), you're doing it right

i don't have a WA unfortunately but i'll find you one (i just make my focus # really big on my frames lol)

1 hour ago, timoseewho said:

i don't have a WA unfortunately but i'll find you one (i just make my focus # really big on my frames lol)

No need, man, mine works. Thanks, though.

9 hours ago, Aarath said:

No need, man, mine works. Thanks, though.

d4YgcaGAQu16Psyxuf2gvPzlYnPsYTvQDQO2lSBf(jvsnmuYVfmuQenCsCmKY5OQAHkIftLILRKhsLspv1YevphjtLOjJQMU0LPCDcBurAZuX2fLtJ4XKQptkFxiDyumnuXOfIXtLk)fL6wuvUgQ05fQVHunos6zufnObj(gNhNhsCNWON4cdZ5CXxMgjmKXkgEn3vCg9sYm5IOPzlxf4nm7Jgl8UiAA2csCXWYSrXzenG3yfdNQmvqHRlOAyZocH3WlzB84ckJTyqkMGBz2O4Ume1w4kHO2QXkgMZX1funSz3yfd3YSrXfugBLquB1yfdtqXj84td6ck8Oe(gbt5qpxLUk3C)(5sNLxvv44JJkESRDCOSIzFEzH7egf3THuY0im1WhITCr00SffMPHhXiArkM61VklUQ0Z9YIUN(5QYbo(4OIZtOCVyOxsMHZKs4PadpK4LjzJcj(wKkbsuuCEIJdrxKAmK4BrQeirrXxm6gK4BrQeirrXvYuktYgfs8TivcKOO4RqYGeFlsLajkkUGYyRh2UHPycUdJEjHbK4BrQeirrrrXPWZ9WtpOHNHzACYPHca

it was much easier to configure than i expected;p

Under MM Section 3.1,   Ullr's Feather Snowshoes, it says "Legendary boots that reduce the cooldown of  Trueshot by 0.8 second each time you cast a damaging ability (except everything but Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot, Marked Shot and Aimed Shot)".

What on Earth does "except everything but" mean?  It seems to make no grammatical sense at all, at least none that I can understand.

14 hours ago, Clin said:

Under MM Section 3.1,   Ullr's Feather Snowshoes, it says "Legendary boots that reduce the cooldown of  Trueshot by 0.8 second each time you cast a damaging ability (except everything but Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot, Marked Shot and Aimed Shot)".

What on Earth does "except everything but" mean?  It seems to make no grammatical sense at all, at least none that I can understand.

It means that only shots that work are Aimed, Arcane, Multi, Marked :P But I admit that this sentence is odd.

On single target, would I benefit more from Magnetized Blasting Cap Launcher or from Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus?

Considering that Prydaz has +1495 in each secondary, with a gem slot, while the bracers give me an extra 300k-400k damage shot every 25.5 seconds. This will go up in usefulness very quickly if more targets come into play for sure, but there are some pure single-target situations still.

If I wear the Bracers, I have Beleron's Choker of Misery, ilv 875, with 1440 Crit 1080 Mastery.

If I wear Prydaz, I have Ley Dragoon's Wristbraces, ilv 865, with 285 Haste 530 Mastery (and 880 Agility.)

Though maybe a better question would be, in EN and NH should I stick with Bracers or Prydaz in that situation?

Edited by Ammako

30 minutes ago, Ammako said:

Though maybe a better question would be, in EN and NH should I stick with Bracers or Prydaz in that situation?

tl:dr version: use Prydaz all the time.

Bracers are absolutely useless. From my experience on Skorpyron Bursting Shot does around 5% of total dmg done and on other bosses with less aoe it's even less. And even on Skorpyron it's not worth using Bursting Shot because small adds aren't immune to knockbacks and your raid will curse you for throwing them around.

The only place where bracers are somewhat useful is high mythic+ with Necrotic. Disabling trash for few seconds can help tank reset his stacks.

Oh well, that's somewhat disappointing.

Gloves, belt and boots should 100% be worth equipping over Prydaz in this scenario, but what about Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish? Need to know in advance whether to be excited or annoyed if I get it :p

It does have a loooot of Agility with a relative decent amount of each secondary, and the extra damage from it is nice if it's off the GCD. That would make up for the loss of Prydaz's stats would it?

My other equipped legendary is Zevrim's Hunger, for the record. Would that ever be worth unequipping to keep Prydaz on + another legendary, should I get another one that's worth wearing? Perhaps mostly for single-target situations?

Edited by Ammako

10 hours ago, Vuda said:

tl:dr version: use Prydaz all the time.

Bracers are absolutely useless. From my experience on Skorpyron Bursting Shot does around 5% of total dmg done and on other bosses with less aoe it's even less. And even on Skorpyron it's not worth using Bursting Shot because small adds aren't immune to knockbacks and your raid will curse you for throwing them around.

The only place where bracers are somewhat useful is high mythic+ with Necrotic. Disabling trash for few seconds can help tank reset his stacks.

Hmm, perhaps i should reconsider my preferred choice of gear considerably then.

I always use the bracers on multitarget situations. So in every M+ and in Nighthold on trash/skorp/spellblade/tich/botanist/elisandre. I thought in M+ (even without necrotic) its aoe damage should be shining. Would I be better off equipping Prydaz or the MKII gloves in all these situations, and only use the bracers when the cc effect is needed (e.a. with necrotic)?

I have pretty usefull alternatives being Beleron (900) and remorseless chain armbands (900). 

Edited by AartS
spelling correction

22 hours ago, Ammako said:

Gloves, belt and boots should 100% be worth equipping over Prydaz in this scenario, but what about Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish? Need to know in advance whether to be excited or annoyed if I get it :p

I think your answer is somewhat in the guide in simulations. Kil'jaeden seems to be behind other useful dps legendaries. It also depends on what gear alternatives you have. For example I have 885 Arcanocrystal and 900 Convergence. I wouldn't like to replace pretty much BiS trinkets, but for someone who has 920 titanforged rings and shitty trinkets Kil'jaeden would be great.

16 hours ago, AartS said:

I have remorseless chain armbands (900). 

I hate you. So much. I want these bracers too >:(

And yes, use Prydaz and Gloves. And when you get the set shoulders just delete legendary shoulders and forget about them.

Edited by Vuda

1 hour ago, Vuda said:

I think your answer is somewhat in the guide in simulations. Kil'jaeden seems to be behind other useful dps legendaries. It also depends on what gear alternatives you have. For example I have 885 Arcanocrystal and 900 Convergence. I wouldn't like to replace pretty much BiS trinkets, but for someone who has 920 titanforged rings and shitty trinkets Kil'jaeden would be great.

That wasn't really what I was asking, though. I'm not asking to compare KJ trinket with all those other better legendaries, I was specifically asking about KJ vs Prydaz in my situation.

That being said I found the part of the guide you were mentioning, and that trinket seems to be ranked ever so slightly higher than Prydaz, so I guess in that particular case I'd have to sim it myself according to the bracers and necklace if I ever got it.

(KJ's burning wish is also ranked way at the top so I'm not really sure where you're coming from. Its value also increases -a lot- on multitarget, considering that this graph is for single target. Sure, maybe you wouldn't replace CoF, but why wouldn't you replace Arcanocrystal if KJ's Burning Wish was your one of two good legendary?)

Edited by Ammako

10 hours ago, Ammako said:

Sure, maybe you wouldn't replace CoF, but why wouldn't you replace Arcanocrystal if KJ's Burning Wish was your one of two good legendary?

Because I'd prefer to have other legendary instead, simple as that. If I had something like heroic Fury of the Burning Sky then sure, I'd take Kil'jaeden any day.

And I obviously meant BiS non-legendary trinkets...

I didn't notice you mentioned Kil'jaeden vs Prydaz, I thought you were talking about legendaries in general, My bad. But yeah, in that case Kil'jaeden > Prydaz. There you go.

I'm sorry, yes by you only mentioning your trinkets I should have guessed your other gear and other things that weren't in your post anyway.

Make your post ambiguous and then get sarcastic when it gets misinterpreted... Gosh. I'm asking if KJ's Burning Wish would be worth replacing in my case with what I currently have, if you're then going to give an example that only applies to you and not me, that doesn't help my situation all (no reason for me to think this would be what you'd do, how is that supposed to be obvious again?)

Also I said "if KJ's Burning Wish was one of you two good legendaries" and you answer with "because I'd prefer to have other legendaries instead"?

Not really what I asked. I wish I could just choose to get other legendaries too instead of leaving it up to RNG but it's not how it works unfortunately.

I'm only asking questions because I want to understand things, how gear compares to other gear.

Edited by Ammako

52 minutes ago, Ammako said:

I'm only asking questions because I want to understand things, how gear compares to other gear.

KJ vs. Pryd, KJ wins on ST and AoE. It's close enough that you might see more benefit in Pryd depending on what you're trying to progress. If you're seriously struggling to stay alive on a M prog fight that's ST, I'd take Pryd.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Hi,

Is it worth replacing equal ilvl relicts and going for 5 or even 6 points Quickshot?

This probably has been asked before, but I couldnt find it.

With the Meme build, when is it worth casting Aimed Shot? From my understanding, only when the target has the Vulnerable debuff and when nothing else is available? Isnt chain casting Arcane Shot more damage than casting Aimed Shot (275 % WD physical vs 266 % WD arcane in 2 seconds at 0 % haste)? In that case, is it worth it to delay Marked Shot to cast some Aimed Shots when the target is already Vulnerable and Piercing Shot is still on CD for ~10 seconds or more?

Edited by Calenleya

On 8.03.2017 at 1:55 PM, Ammako said:

Make your post ambiguous and then get sarcastic when it gets misinterpreted... Gosh.

I didn't mean to be sarcastic, you misundestood me. Sorry ;) Maybe I'm just getting too salty from playing too much. :P

And I guess Blainie gave the final answer to your question so I'm not gonna drag this topic more.

Guest Naismith
On 3/9/2017 at 0:10 PM, Calenleya said:

With the Meme build, when is it worth casting Aimed Shot?

I think your main goal with Aimed Shot is to dump focus to avoid capping, and -- if you have 2pc tier 19 bonus -- to make your Trueshot CD roll faster. So, you should cast it when you are about to cap, and Piercing Shot is not going to go off CD anytime soon, and there is no need to move. Good if Vulnerable is up, but even without it don't waste opportunity to shave off 1.5 seconds from Trueshot CD.

Also, don't forget about Patient Sniper, and try to fire Aimed Shots when Vulnerable is about to expire (but not too late, ofc!). In the guide you can find a link to nice WeakAura (see rotation page), which helps greatly

Guest Lagboot

Love the guides you guys provide and am grateful for all the effort put in...but.......

I still think you should add in the original SideWinder build and rotation on the page. I say this because, with the right min/maxed gear and Mastery/Haste/Crit/Versatality ratio, it is very viable and does as much if not more DPS than the 2 builds you promote. In saying this, I do have the legendary boots and belt, and have min/maxed all my gear.

Before NightHold release, I got my Mastery to 28%, 18% haste and 19% crit at Ilevel 865. I am now sitting at 30% Mastery, 17% haste and 22% crit, Ilevel 884. What I have seen is getting to 29-30%+ Mastery is a huge boost. As is over 30,000 agility. With some Versatility you are increasing these 2 stats in theory as well. I do think there should be a "goal" to exceed 30k agility. I see so many armory layouts with people way under 30k agility but at Ilevel 885-900. They also have very low mastery, under 26%. 

My own personal preference:

I tried the other 2 builds and just found them more boring than Sidewinders, lacking in mobility, very sensitive to movement of any kind, reliant on too much rng from procs and a waiting game for Focus. Standing still at a dummy is great and all for the FOTM builds, but Try the builds running in circles at the Dummy and then try the Sidwinder build doing the same. No matter what I have an ability to use with Vulnerable up while moving and plenty of focus. The Sidewinders build covers all the bases too-AOE and Single target. JMOP

Disclaimer: Not dissing the 2 exclusive builds you guys are working on, just arguing for a Sidewinder build/section as well. 600k+dps is not that bad.

Guest Toyman

Hi everyone

great guide.  If anyone could spare a minute to help me out.  I'm currently playing as MM hunter and just received my 4th legendary.

would like to know which 2 I should be using out of:

ullr, prydaz, bursting shot bracers, sephusz ring. 

I guess it goes wihout saying I should be using ullrs.  But which is the best of the remaining 3 in general?

cheers!

Guest HKY

I think the guide should note that if you have very high haste as MM, then its worth going for the 22% haste breakpoint, at which point you you can cast 2x arcane and 2x aimed during a vulnerable window.

Its not worth gearing for specifically, but you are already around 20~ %, then its a DPS gain to go for the 22% breakpoint, even it means losing some mastery.

Guest Mr curious

I can't make up my mind! I currently have a life artifact relic with quickshot (itemlvl 885, +53 itemlvls) but I also have a life artifact relic with bursting shot (itemlvl 895, +56itemlvls). Which one should i choose? I have boots of ullr's, convergence of fates trinket and 4 set pcs if that makes the decision easier for you guys?

Guest Svarogg

Hello, I would like to know what race you would advise me for a MM PVE hunter please?

I dunno between orc, troll and blood elf.

Can u help me plz

Guest fury worth it?

why is fury of the burning sky a recommended trinket when it is outperformed by bloodthirsty instinct?

I have an 890 fury and a 865 instinct and i do not understand which of the 2 i should be using

Guest Sonstron

Hey, I have to make a difficult decision in choosing the better life relic. In socket I have the life relic on Itelmever 900: Survival of the Fittest and now I got the BiS relic Quick Shot in 890. Okay Thats 10 Ilvl lower but the effect is really awesome I think. I'm not a simcrafter so sometimes I use AskMrRobot cause of its userfriendly interface and fast analytics. AskMrRobot says for example at a Krosus Fight I would loose about 5k DPS and at a Spellblade Fight up to 15k with the  Survival of the Fittest relic in 900. Thats really much, but Azortharion already said its hard to simulate the effect of the relict. So what would be the Right Relic choose? Hope you, espacially Azortharion, can help me :)