FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 7.3

Guest Airbag

Regem and enchant to mastery and your dmg will go up a lot

After reading the guide and trying it, I still have a concern. I think someone asked but there was no answer.

Is it okay to have downtime? The rotation works just fine but I see a lot of downtime on it. For example If I get two procs of Marking Targets in a few seconds I hit properly but run out of focus to do anything. Should I use Bursting shot as a filler maybe?

I have the 4 piece tier set so Aimed shot is still instant.

Edited by Shdwhntr
forgot to add something

13 hours ago, cloudy09 said:

I'm assuming the downtime is coming from the effect of the 4x setbonus. Does it make sense to drop the 4 piece bonus to get a smoother rotation? 

The downtime is there regardless, and it is not inherently bad. The 4pc is good.

Thank you so much for this guide. I was so frustrated when I logged in and so much had changed. I'd read through what Blizzard posted for hunters, and it didn't prepare me AT ALL for what was going to be there when the patch went live. 

• Like 1

Guest Atmosphere

Do other hunters benefit from each other's vulnerable debuff?  The wording on the tool tip says 

Damage taken from Marked Shot and Aimed Shot increased by 25%. Lasts 30 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.

so I'm not sure if it would be practically impossible to drop in a situation with multiple hunters.

1 minute ago, Guest Atmosphere said:

Do other hunters benefit from each other's vulnerable debuff?  The wording on the tool tip says 

Damage taken from Marked Shot and Aimed Shot increased by 25%. Lasts 30 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.

so I'm not sure if it would be practically impossible to drop in a situation with multiple hunters.

No, you only benefit from your own Vulnerability debuff.

33 minutes ago, Guest Atmosphere said:

My tooltip in game is different, says 150% and 1 stack.

WoWScrnShot_072016_230606.jpg

24 minutes ago, Azortharion said:

2ZnIHpK.png

Ok, I was just confused because you said to take Patient sniper and then later you said this:

When you use Marked Shot Icon Marked Shot, it applies a stacking debuff called Vulnerable Icon Vulnerable to the target, increasing the damage done by your Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot and Marked Shot Icon Marked Shot abilities by 25% per stack. It stacks up to 3 times, and lasts 30 seconds. This makes it easy to build to full power, and maintain indefinitely, though you will have to stack it up to 3 whenever you change targets.

I didn't know why you included that if it doesn't apply to the build you recommend.

It is intended to be a fairly inclusive guide. When explaining a mechanic, I explain how the mechanic works by default, and when there are changes through talents I cover that in the section corresponding to the respective talent.

Guest Bonita
On 20.7.2016 at 0:36 AM, Elle said:

Is there a new updated string available for PAWN for legion yet? or should we still use the old one avail from Feb 2016?

Thanks so much for the hard work you put into these guides @Azortharion :)

oh and I'm still waiting for you to link your new armory ;)

Could you quickly explain where to add those string lines? I'm not familiar with this addon and the guide doesn't explain it either.

Guest Fain

Thanks for the guide. I had slight difficulties understanding this part from 1. Single Target Rotation:

In essence, your rotation is to use everything available to you on cooldown, and not wasting any Marking Targets Icon Marking Targets procs by spending them as soon as you have gotten everything out of the Vulnerable Icon Vulnerable debuff it applies to the target, which increases the damage done by Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot and Marked Shot Icon Marked Shot.

The bold part could be formulated more clearly as, to me, it sounds rather ambiguous: Do you or do you not waste any procs by spending them (..)? 

Better, perhaps, supposed that this is the intended meaning: "and not to waste any Marking Targets procs, i.e., you should spend them as soon as (..)"

Guest Kynrael

Any thoughts on using a versatility potion over the agility potion?  At least from my simple math comparing sheet damage the 1500 versatility out performed the agility potion by ~450 dps?  

Did you do any sims/testing with versatility potions? @Azortharion?

7 hours ago, Guest Kynrael said:

Any thoughts on using a versatility potion over the agility potion?  At least from my simple math comparing sheet damage the 1500 versatility out performed the agility potion by ~450 dps?  

Did you do any sims/testing with versatility potions? @Azortharion?

Your sim is flawed. Versatility potion is, at best, equal to an Agility potion.

1 hour ago, Awesomeposum said:

With Rapid Fire being replaced by Trueshot, does that mean we've lost the 2p bonus from T18's tier bonus?

jf0hQ7e.png

44 minutes ago, Azortharion said:

Your sim is flawed. Versatility potion is, at best, equal to an Agility potion.

Well, given the stat weights are Agi=1 and Vers = 0.72.  The Agility potion is 1000 Agility ,worth 1000 Agility, and the Versatility potion is 1500 Versatility, worth 0.72*1500, or 1080 Agility.  A slight increase, but an increase nonetheless.  At 130 rating/% for versatility, the vers potion gives ~11.5% versatility (or 11.5% bonus damage and healing, 5.75% damage taken reduction).

just want to say!!... Thanks.   well i tried your spec . took some hours getting used to it but i only  bit the dust 4 tiems because i over pulled or barrage pull stuff way out of it cone radius. on live i went from 30k to 55k using this spec.  please disreguard my other post.

thanks.

So just to recheck, Mirror of the Blademaster, Malicious Censor and Fel-Spring Coil are all below Chipped Soul Prism and Kihra's Adrenaline Injector for patch 7.0.3 Marksman Hunter?

Guest lol

did you ever sim rune of re-origination? It makes your marked shot crit for about 700k and aimed for about 550k (for me with 745 ilvl without the rune) in the opener (ring + pot). Makes up for some insane burst since it makes your mastery explode up to 75% (over 300% dmg boost on the focus using abilites). The haste drain doesnt rly matter too since you get a 100% marking targets in your opener anyways.

Guest lol

edit to my other comment above:

this was the dmg a few seconds after the ring exploded on the training dummy, I already was above 900k dps on "other tries". As you can see the numbers are insane. I guess with bloodlust on a fight where before the 1st ring explodes you can get a few marked shots on multitarget (e.g. first imps on Mannoroth) you can even go above 1 Million dps with the rune.

burst.jpg

burst.jpg

Guest timoseewho

hi, great guide, 2 simple questions for ya regarding priorities

1. is Barrage > Aimed Shot with Vulnerable? the choice comes up sometimes after you get your Marked Shot off, applying Vunerable, AND Barrage being off cd

2. if Marking Targets procs again right after you get your Marked Shot off from the previous Marking Target, should you still try to get 2 Aimed Shots off with Vulnerable before using up that second Marking Targets proc? there are rare cases where Marking Targets procs again between your 2 Aimed Shots and Marked Shot>_<

thanks