FORUMS
Damien

Arcane Mage 7.3

2 minutes ago, Guest Sacuri said:

Hi 

no BiS Update so far? 

Stat priority is shifting back away from Mastery again so have to re-redo the BiS. Trinket list coming tomorrow too.

On 31/10/2016 at 0:50 AM, Furty said:

Stat priority is shifting back away from Mastery again so have to re-redo the BiS. Trinket list coming tomorrow too.

Eagerly await this list since ive got like 12 different trinkets in my bag, all around 860 - 870 ish and mr robot is telling lies again

On 31/10/2016 at 0:50 AM, Furty said:

Also why is mastery being shifted away from? i am having great success with 50% mastery atm

As far as I have heard its shifting to almost all mastery with a little Crit for the infinite burn, YouTuber Lycoan (Whos at 70% Mastery and 14.5% Crit) stated that you now need 68-70% Mastery for the burn but a 55% Mastery and 15% Crit should be good to start with. Here is his comments below.

"Yeah, if you had 40% mastery previously, you now need 68% (8% = 1/5th of 40%, + 20%) extra mastery to sustain the same rotation as you had previously. Try to slowly convert your stats to a 55% mastery and 15% crit amount. Get rid of all your vers and haste and put these into mastery/ crit. 55% should be breathable with Nighthold (early Jan) and/or lets hope you score the legendary kilt by then."

Here is the link to the vid he posted a week ago with a 15min dummy run getting at least a 300k dps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBtmdO8LN0s

On 10/30/2016 at 7:50 PM, Furty said:

Is this still being worked on?

On 11/6/2016 at 6:02 PM, Whisla said:

Is this still being worked on?

Hey, yes it is! Some of the recent hotfixes followed by Blizzcon followed by new raid threw a bit of a spanner in my works, so to speak, but it will be worked in shortly! 

On 11/3/2016 at 2:32 AM, Tigersharrk said:

As far as I have heard its shifting to almost all mastery with a little Crit for the infinite burn, YouTuber Lycoan (Whos at 70% Mastery and 14.5% Crit) stated that you now need 68-70% Mastery for the burn but a 55% Mastery and 15% Crit should be good to start with. Here is his comments below.

How did he conduct the rest of his testing on other stats? Or did he just go with the Mastery build?

11 hours ago, Blainie said:

How did he conduct the rest of his testing on other stats? Or did he just go with the Mastery build?

He does what you guys do he ran sims on it as well as testing it out on live.

On 11/10/2016 at 1:21 PM, Furty said:

Hey, yes it is! Some of the recent hotfixes followed by Blizzcon followed by new raid threw a bit of a spanner in my works, so to speak, but it will be worked in shortly! 

Is it possible to get the list kind of how fire has it? Its really nice to compare all the different trinkets.

2 hours ago, Whisla said:

Is it possible to get the list kind of how fire has it? Its really nice to compare all the different trinkets.

That's the plan. It's harder to do for the lesser played specs as SimCraft is prone to misrepresenting the value of trinkets (a la Twisting Wind) but I'm just about finished with compiling data from practical testing to corroborate. 

2 hours ago, Furty said:

That's the plan. It's harder to do for the lesser played specs as SimCraft is prone to misrepresenting the value of trinkets (a la Twisting Wind) but I'm just about finished with compiling data from practical testing to corroborate. 

Did the stat weight shift from mastery to crit?

4 hours ago, Saffina said:

Did the stat weight shift from mastery to crit?

I imagine we'll have to wait for the guide update to get released before we know :p

Sorry to say but this guide feels really out date now. The legendary page isnt reflective of correct stats and the pants being called the best doesnt go with the flow of the stat change. With a decent mastery you can almost avoid barrage, this makes the bracers even more powerful.

I hope the soon* we got almost a month ago is taking more of this into account. I know arcane has to be a pain to SIM do to mastery moving the whole rotation around but I hope we see some glimpse of whats good before 1.5.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whisla said:

Sorry to say but this guide feels really out date now. 

I've put another note in to Furty to see if we can get this updated ASAP. I'm not sure what happened between his above comments and the present day, but I'm hoping we can see an update to the guide in the very near future.

I know that it doesn't really help, but the only thing I can do is say sorry, unfortunately. The rest isn't really in my hands!

I'll do my best to ensure we do see an update soon. 

Hello friends :) Gear page has been updated a bit to look more like our Fire guide (e.g. trinket list). 

Guest Hanco

Hello,

I guess that patch 7.1.5 will change stats priority. Any idea how?

On 12/1/2016 at 6:36 AM, Whisla said:

The http://www.wowdb.com/items/132413 (bracers) still state 10% instead of 25%.

Looks like that has been updated since your post, but thanks for pointing it out again and sorry for not getting back to you sooner! :)

• Like 1

On 12/1/2016 at 10:51 PM, Guest Hanco said:

Hello,

I guess that patch 7.1.5 will change stats priority. Any idea how?

That's a pretty tough question to answer. There is still a lot of tuning happening and there could be huge changes before it goes live. The only thing that I can assure you of is that the guide will be updated when the information is a bit more reliable! :)

Guest Tamale

What are the 2 best legendaries for mage on ST currently? Bracers and legs or bracers and ring?

Anyone else having problems with the Arcane Familiar buff staying on? Whenever I switch zones it just drops off. From Hall port to Dala, or flying from one zone to the other on taxi or just riding my horse on the ground. Sometimes even between zones in a dungeon.

On 12/16/2016 at 0:39 AM, Guest Tamale said:

What are the 2 best legendaries for mage on ST currently? Bracers and legs or bracers and ring?

Bracers and Legs.

On 12/20/2016 at 8:05 PM, evanbloom said:

Anyone else having problems with the Arcane Familiar buff staying on? Whenever I switch zones it just drops off. From Hall port to Dala, or flying from one zone to the other on taxi or just riding my horse on the ground. Sometimes even between zones in a dungeon.

I've noticed this as well, it might be to do with "pets" not following you through certain zone shifts. 

18 hours ago, Blainie said:

I've noticed this as well, it might be to do with "pets" not following you through certain zone shifts. 

It's really annoying and pretty much the main reason I don't use Arcane Familiar. If I can't trust it to be constantly online during a dungeon it's just a hassle. And it's a pity because it interacts directly with the artifact ability.

• Like 1

Just now, evanbloom said:

It's really annoying and pretty much the main reason I don't use Arcane Familiar. If I can't trust it to be constantly online during a dungeon it's just a hassle. And it's a pity because it interacts directly with the artifact ability.

Do you use WeakAuras? It might be worth setting up a tracking WA that flashes when it is not summoned. https://wago.io/ probably has one that you can use.