FORUMS
Damien

Subtlety Rogue 7.3

21 hours ago, Guest Spanosa said:

On the Death For Above section with Shadow Dance, it says to use Shadow Dance shortly before landing to get the bonus 30% damage. This does not appear possible. You cannot activate Shadow Dance when using Death from Above. Am I missing something?

I'll double check tomorrow. I'm out all day today, but I'll get back to you asap

You have a 500ms second to cast SD just after landing and before the second part damages proc. Another way to phrase it would be that the animation last 1.5s but offgcd spells are castable after 1s. Don't know if this is intended or a bug though. Source

On the Death For Above section with Shadow Dance, it says to use Shadow Dance shortly before landing to get the bonus 30% damage. This does not appear possible. You cannot activate Shadow Dance when using Death from Above. Am I missing something?

It works yeah, you can cast SD during the animation and u enter SD a lil short mini micro sec before evisc goes :p When i saw this i was like wtf too but you actually just have to spam through the whole jump animation and it will go off right in time.

Guest Spanosa

Upon further testing, it does appear possible if you mash that shadow dance. It doesn't really feel intended, but it does seem you have a brief window before the eviscerate hits once you land that you can hit Shadow Dance.

Yeah you have to spam it pretty hard but it's doable

On 7/3/2017 at 5:42 PM, Guest Spanosa said:

Upon further testing, it does appear possible if you mash that shadow dance. It doesn't really feel intended, but it does seem you have a brief window before the eviscerate hits once you land that you can hit Shadow Dance.

That's right. Small optimization but worthwhile if you can pull it off.

I have a problem i think. Seems that Mastery is my best stats, even better than agility. I sim my items with Simcraft and even if an item has +400 agility and -300 mastery, it still shows it as a DPS loss. 

On 6.7.2017 at 0:22 PM, Seynne said:

I have a problem i think. Seems that Mastery is my best stats, even better than agility. I sim my items with Simcraft and even if an item has +400 agility and -300 mastery, it still shows it as a DPS loss. 

This doesn't necessarily mean mastery is a better stat than agility. But the  combination of stats on your new item is worse than the old. If it has a high amount of haste (usually the lowest simming stat for a sub rogue) with mastery as the other stat. But your old item has a good amount of versatility and crit, but less agility. It could still be a better item. That said, at work now so I can't 100% confirm it, I'm pretty sure my sims show mastery as only a few dps less per stat than agility. About 30 vs 25, for agility and mastery respectively, while haste is at around 16 which is almost half the amount of agility. Basically I'd need an item with 4000 haste to compete with a 2000 agility item if those were the only stats on the items. I hope this clearifies a bit how the stat weights on items work.

On 6.7.2017 at 8:59 AM, Furty said:

That's right. Small optimization but worthwhile if you can pull it off.

To make it a bit easier it is recommended to reduce the spellQueueWindow by a few ms. This reduces the latency when spamming abilities, i.e when you spam SD after DfA it queues the spell faster. The default ms for this is 150, but can be reduced with `/console SpellQueueWindow X`, X being the amount of ms you want. I put mine at 100 and pull off DfA>SD everytime, given that I have a charge ready.

Edited by Bunbohue

21 hours ago, Bunbohue said:

To make it a bit easier it is recommended to reduce the spellQueueWindow by a few ms. This reduces the latency when spamming abilities, i.e when you spam SD after DfA it queues the spell faster. The default ms for this is 150, but can be reduced with `/console SpellQueueWindow X`, X being the amount of ms you want. I put mine at 100 and pull off DfA>SD everytime, given that I have a charge ready.

Good tip. I had heard Custom Lag Tolerance was helpful for some players.

Generally I have 210ms latency, so I set my SQW (Custom Lag Tolerance) to 210.

How do I know if I successfully used Shadow Dance before the Eviscerate portion of Death from Above?

Guest valeriodean

Hi all,

I was serfing in warcraftlogs looking to other guy that perfom better than me, well, in the Kil'jaeden fight there is this guy with the same trinket like mine, so I start to look to his log in detail:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/myCJWQPK7bDwMB2q#type=casts&source=5&view=events

Move to the "cast" page, use the events view.

Right at the start he casts an absurd ammount of things in less than 0.7 second, however most of those cast should be affected by GCD, such as: Backstab (has 1s gcd), Nightblade (has 1s gcd), Shadowstrike (has 1s gcd)... how is it possible?

On 8/7/2017 at 8:46 AM, Archimage said:

Generally I have 210ms latency, so I set my SQW (Custom Lag Tolerance) to 210.

How do I know if I successfully used Shadow Dance before the Eviscerate portion of Death from Above?

WeakAuras or something of the sort might be a good thing to look into. Could let it pop up on activation.

On 8/13/2017 at 10:37 PM, Guest valeriodean said:

Right at the start he casts an absurd ammount of things in less than 0.7 second, however most of those cast should be affected by GCD, such as: Backstab (has 1s gcd), Nightblade (has 1s gcd), Shadowstrike (has 1s gcd)... how is it possible?

Might be a logging error, or that it doesn't recognise the damage of a certain ability (trinket proc or something) and IDs it as the wrong thing. I can't replicate it with my Rogue.

Guest Cyvster

Is the data used to make the talent choices accurate? In-game Shadow Focus reduces energy costs by 25%, but here it is listed as 75%. The 30% damage bonus on Nightstalker seems better.

On 8/26/2017 at 7:33 AM, Guest Cyvster said:

Is the data used to make the talent choices accurate? In-game Shadow Focus reduces energy costs by 25%, but here it is listed as 75%. The 30% damage bonus on Nightstalker seems better.

It depends on your build and legendaries available for that tier - you can use raidbots to check which works best for you: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot

We are currently in the process of updating all guides as required for the 7.3 release. Please be patient as we make the necessary changes. You can keep an eye on the changelog to know if the guide has been updated or not. 

This guide has now been updated for the 7.3 patch. If you have any questions or comments, you can always ask them here. If you find any errors in the new changes to the guide, let me know and I'll get the writers to update it ASAP.

Good luck in the Shadows of Argus!

• Like 1

I don't see anything about First of the Dead in the Legendary Section.  Maybe I'm missing it.  

Edited by TheZoolza

9 hours ago, TheZoolza said:

I don't see anything about First of the Dead in the Legendary Section.  Maybe I'm missing it.  

It appears it was accidentally removed in the most recent update to the guide - will patch it back in as soon as possible. 

• Like 2

Guest BlackMantas

2 requests:

1.  Can you update the BIS list to include wearing the top 2 legendaries so that we can see what the best off pieces would be?

2.  I noticed that the gloves are now 2nd in the priority list behind Denial of the Half Giants, can you elaborate as to how to play them best?  2S of usage really only allows 1 combo generating GCD as it usually caps you out forcing you to spend your next GCD on an Eviscerate.  Do i now need to force myself to hit symbols immediately following a finisher to avoid the overflow and go for 2 GCD's?

3 hours ago, Guest BlackMantas said:

1.  Can you update the BIS list to include wearing the top 2 legendaries so that we can see what the best off pieces would be?

Shoulders + Gloves. There is no choice, you have to use Helm, Chest, Cloak, Legs. If you end up using Bracers instead of gloves, you would use the tier gloves with the cloak listed, but depends heavily on item level also. W/TForged tier set might be better on cloak and using listed gloves. Using https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/gear to compare gear sets is ideal.

3 hours ago, Guest BlackMantas said:

2.  I noticed that the gloves are now 2nd in the priority list behind Denial of the Half Giants, can you elaborate as to how to play them best?  2S of usage really only allows 1 combo generating GCD as it usually caps you out forcing you to spend your next GCD on an Eviscerate.  Do i now need to force myself to hit symbols immediately following a finisher to avoid the overflow and go for 2 GCD's?

Depends on what comes next. You will double Backstab and overcap if you are going to DFA, assuming 0 CPs. If you are already capped on CPs and ready to DFA, you pop SoD, DFA, then get the extra CPs on a SS immediately. You will use one more SS non-buffed to get max-Evis. 

Guest Wheredigo

If you want an even better tricks macro then this guides, I've been using this for over 6 years now

first macro is

/run T = UnitName("target")
/run if not InCombatLockdown() then EditMacro('TotT', nil, nil, '#showtooltip\n/cast [@'.. T ..'] Tricks of the Trade', nil); print('Tricks: ' .. T); end;

that macro changes the coding on the next macro which you also need to make and you need to Name it exactly

TotT

So everytime you enter a dungeon you never have to /macro, you just assign it with 1 key then use it with the other

23 hours ago, Guest Wheredigo said:

So everytime you enter a dungeon you never have to /macro, you just assign it with 1 key then use it with the other

You don't really need to /macro at all, you just set any party member to focus and you can use the macro as normal. Thanks for sharing your macro nonetheless.

Guest Nxs

Hi, there seems to be either something missing from the First of the Dead Opening Sequences  section (4.2) or I'm misunderstanding something. How am I supposed to apply Nightblade without performing any CP generating abilities first?