Damien

Protection Paladin 7.3

186 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Protection Paladin guide for Legion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Guest Rip said:

Versatility as no.1 priority? please expand

Assuming that players wish to fill their roles as a tank, Versatility is reliably the best stat. It is a flat increase to the healing of the Paladin, their damage done and a reduction to their damage taken. There's no reason to prioritise another stat at the moment, unless you feel like trying to maximise your DPS as a tank. Even then, you're sacrificing plenty of survivability for a lot less damage gain.

This might change when we reach 110 or after further tuning changes, but for now, Vers is the way to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean that the Alchemy Trinket would suddenly become very useful for Prot Pallies? Static vers plus a strength proc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The talent Hand of the Protector DOES update while standing in consecration just like Light of the Protector. It is true that in a previous patch this was not the case but it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Picklzz said:

The talent Hand of the Protector DOES update while standing in consecration just like Light of the Protector. It is true that in a previous patch this was not the case but it is now.

Thanks for noticing this. I'm fixing the mention right now. Much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.7.2016 at 2:04 AM, Blainie said:

There's no reason to prioritise another stat at the moment, unless you feel like trying to maximise your DPS as a tank. Even then, you're sacrificing plenty of survivability for a lot less damage gain.

Versatility is passive.

With more Haste you get more SotR/J/AS out, that helps with your survivability and damage.

With more Crit you get more CD Reduction for SotR, that helps with your survivability and damage.

 

I disagree with the stat priority. I think for an experienced tank its more beneficial to push the active abilities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know if sacred duty will post up to date weak auras strings for prot paladins for 7.0.3?

You still have it referenced for this patch so wanted to know if you have been given a heads up or something.

I suck at weak auras and found their previous strings extremely helpful.

Edit: Theck just replied to me on the site and confirmed he doesnt play anymore and wont update it. He pointed me in the direction of Slootbags site, which currently arent updated for 7.0.3, is this a site you would also recommend? 

 

Can you recommend any others?

Edited by Audmundr
Realised sacred duty has been retired, new question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all the comments, guys. I am pushing through an update soon that adds a separate DPS stat priority and fixes a few of the other concerns. Looking forward to more feedback :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

Since the SoTR and Consecration changes, I figured I'd need some new Weak Aura's. They can be found here for anyone interested in them. :) They monitor when you're stood in your Cons + how many charges you have left on SoTR. There's one in there for Blessed Hammer too!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612781315

Please note that these were only created today, so if you have any suggestions/feedback then please let me know.

Regards,

Zycó

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light of the Protector should be used moment it comes from cooldown. 15 sec is extremely small cooldown (and is affected by haste). In six minute fight, you have 24 casts. Let's say that there is 1sec delay on use, so we have 23 LotP casts now. Those 23 can be delayed max 0,6sec until we drop 22 LotP casts. And so on. More you wait and game one cast of LotP, more likely you are going to shave opportunities to cast more LotPs. Note: For this calculation, I used rigid 15sec recharge time on LotP. With Righteous Protector it's even shorter recharge time. It's not about max one cast, it's about multitude of casts. It's part of our AM and should be used extremely often, not to be saved for special occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Dion, from Maintanka said:

Light of the Protector should be used moment it comes from cooldown. 15 sec is extremely small cooldown (and is affected by haste). In six minute fight, you have 24 casts. Let's say that there is 1sec delay on use, so we have 23 LotP casts now. Those 23 can be delayed max 0,6sec until we drop 22 LotP casts. And so on. More you wait and game one cast of LotP, more likely you are going to shave opportunities to cast more LotPs. Note: For this calculation, I used rigid 15sec recharge time on LotP. With Righteous Protector it's even shorter recharge time. It's not about max one cast, it's about multitude of casts. It's part of our AM and should be used extremely often, not to be saved for special occasion.

The problem is that with a 15-second cooldown, if you've just used it even though you didn't really need its healing (say you were at 80% health), you can't use it again when you might actually need it.

I mean sure, if it's a farm fight where you know already that you're never going to drop below 60% health ever because the fight is easy, then just use it on cooldown to max healing over the fight, but that's not the situation we're talking about here. We're talking about fights where at any moment you could find that you've suddenly dipped dangerously low and you need something to bail you and your healers out. And having it available is better there. Your goal isn't really to maximise your self-healing throughout the fight, your goal is not to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vlad said:

The problem is that with a 15-second cooldown, if you've just used it even though you didn't really need its healing (say you were at 80% health), you can't use it again when you might actually need it.

I mean sure, if it's a farm fight where you know already that you're never going to drop below 60% health ever because the fight is easy, then just use it on cooldown to max healing over the fight, but that's not the situation we're talking about here. We're talking about fights where at any moment you could find that you've suddenly dipped dangerously low and you need something to bail you and your healers out. And having it available is better there. Your goal isn't really to maximise your self-healing throughout the fight, your goal is not to die.

LotP cooldown is extremely short. You really aren't saying that ShotR should not be used as often it is possible because it has 12sec recharge time per charge. Also haste shortens cooldown and Righteous Protector makes it even more shorter. Lenght of the cooldown isn't issue, it encourages you to use it often.

30-40% your healers are franticly searching for those expensive heals and those "Oh shit, oh shit, don't die!" buttons. They also are making their best that you stay high health which makes it even longer to reach 30-40% health and waste even more time and more LotP casts. Boss keeps pummeling you with autoattacks and they are eating steadily your health, so even if you cast one LotP at 80%, next one might be 40% and third could be at 70%. Waiting ShotR is similar thing, in 6.2.4 you didn't want try to game it to prevent mega big chunck damage, you try reach max uptime to have smoother damage intake. Same with LotP, it's not Lay on Hands, it's similar to ShotR.

Most definately you want to max self healing because it maximizes your survivability and prevents you from dying. Saving it and delaying it more likely gets you to eat more damage, stress your healers and hold back their occasional damage spells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dion said:

LotP cooldown is extremely short. You really aren't saying that ShotR should not be used as often it is possible because it has 12sec recharge time per charge. Also haste shortens cooldown and Righteous Protector makes it even more shorter. Lenght of the cooldown isn't issue, it encourages you to use it often.

30-40% your healers are franticly searching for those expensive heals and those "Oh shit, oh shit, don't die!" buttons. They also are making their best that you stay high health which makes it even longer to reach 30-40% health and waste even more time and more LotP casts. Boss keeps pummeling you with autoattacks and they are eating steadily your health, so even if you cast one LotP at 80%, next one might be 40% and third could be at 70%. Waiting ShotR is similar thing, in 6.2.4 you didn't want try to game it to prevent mega big chunck damage, you try reach max uptime to have smoother damage intake. Same with LotP, it's not Lay on Hands, it's similar to ShotR.

Most definately you want to max self healing because it maximizes your survivability and prevents you from dying. Saving it and delaying it more likely gets you to eat more damage, stress your healers and hold back their occasional damage spells.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I've spoken to Treckie about it as well and we're in agreement.

Maximising self-healing over the course of the fight does not maximise your survivability and it does not prevent you from dying. It pads the meters and possibly allows your healers to spend a little less Mana (if that's even a concern).

Consider the situation where you are at 80% health, and you use a Light of the Protector for a measly heal. Then you take a boss hit that puts you at 50% health, and the next will put you lower. Suddenly, having been able to use LotP then would have been much more useful, but it's on cooldown. Even with Haste and Righteous Protector, it will be on cooldown.

Yes, healers are going to heal you, and they'll panic when you drop low on health. But that's no reason for you not to contribute to your healing when you are low on health. So I just can't see a good justification for using LotP at high health just not to miss out on a bunch of casts over the course of the fight.

I will grant that if you are using Righteous Protector, you can be more liberal with its usage, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vlad said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I've spoken to Treckie about it as well and we're in agreement.

Maximising self-healing over the course of the fight does not maximise your survivability and it does not prevent you from dying. It pads the meters and possibly allows your healers to spend a little less Mana (if that's even a concern).

Consider the situation where you are at 80% health, and you use a Light of the Protector for a measly heal. Then you take a boss hit that puts you at 50% health, and the next will put you lower. Suddenly, having been able to use LotP then would have been much more useful, but it's on cooldown. Even with Haste and Righteous Protector, it will be on cooldown.

Yes, healers are going to heal you, and they'll panic when you drop low on health. But that's no reason for you not to contribute to your healing when you are low on health. So I just can't see a good justification for using LotP at high health just not to miss out on a bunch of casts over the course of the fight.

I will grant that if you are using Righteous Protector, you can be more liberal with its usage, though.

Yes, we disagree and here is why. You view LotP as a cooldown, used as when it's most effective. I view it as part of our AM, used as often as possible because smoothens damage intake. To ephasise, you use it to recover from tight spot and I use it to never get to that tight spot where you recovered with it.

Your scenario is possible one, but only in theory. We need to consider that Blizzard wants to tanks to have 60-70% uptime with ShotR, and that Tanks should slowly take damage, instead of wild HP pingpong. Also Blizzard has stateld that healers mana should matter and be part of their gameplay. 

What is likely outcome that during entire fight when you use it as often as possible is that you end up casting it all kinds of HP situations, high, low and middle because nobody can predict whole boss fight accurately. You aren't casting it on only high health, you are casting it all kinds of situations. 10%, 50% and say 80% to emphasise my point. Because you might cast it 80% doesn't mean you will be casting all other LotPs at 80%, that is just a single cast. Fight is probably going to last long, about six minutes. 

To drive this cooldown thing further, you aren't saying that ShotR should not be used only to special attacks to maximizise damage reducted from single attack but as often as possible to maximize damage reducted overall. Same thing with Lotp, you don't want to have more health after single attack, you want to have more health overall, during whole encounter.

Oh, I wouldn't call maximizing self-healing padding the meters, you would make DK tanks pretty pissed. Self-healing is part of EH and TMI, which should be maximized to maximize survivability. There is no reason why you shouldn't be casting self-heals as often as possible when cooldown is so low because there is no tradeoff like with WoG. There were reason why Seal of Insight was considered survival seal and Truth was DPS seal even when Insights heal was small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Questions.

Firstly.

          My math is no good. Does the "Consecration" effect of "Light of the Protector" add 20% on top of the 26% equaling a 46% heal, or does it add 20% of the 26% equaling 31.2% heal?

 

Secondly.

          On the Tier 5 Talents list you give "Final Stand" a big green tick and suggest that if we need a strong defensive cooldown then we should take "Final Stand". However all "Final Stand" really does is add an AoE taunt to "Divine Shield" and doesn't actually give us a defensive cooldown at all, therefore limiting it's usefulness to pulling mobs inside 15yrds but outside our "Consecration". Wouldn't "Hand of the Protector" be a more useful choice overall?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dion said:

Yes, we disagree and here is why. You view LotP as a cooldown, used as when it's most effective. I view it as part of our AM, used as often as possible because smoothens damage intake. To ephasise, you use it to recover from tight spot and I use it to never get to that tight spot where you recovered with it.

Your scenario is possible one, but only in theory. We need to consider that Blizzard wants to tanks to have 60-70% uptime with ShotR, and that Tanks should slowly take damage, instead of wild HP pingpong. Also Blizzard has stateld that healers mana should matter and be part of their gameplay. 

What is likely outcome that during entire fight when you use it as often as possible is that you end up casting it all kinds of HP situations, high, low and middle because nobody can predict whole boss fight accurately. You aren't casting it on only high health, you are casting it all kinds of situations. 10%, 50% and say 80% to emphasise my point. Because you might cast it 80% doesn't mean you will be casting all other LotPs at 80%, that is just a single cast. Fight is probably going to last long, about six minutes. 

To drive this cooldown thing further, you aren't saying that ShotR should not be used only to special attacks to maximizise damage reducted from single attack but as often as possible to maximize damage reducted overall. Same thing with Lotp, you don't want to have more health after single attack, you want to have more health overall, during whole encounter.

Oh, I wouldn't call maximizing self-healing padding the meters, you would make DK tanks pretty pissed. Self-healing is part of EH and TMI, which should be maximized to maximize survivability. There is no reason why you shouldn't be casting self-heals as often as possible when cooldown is so low because there is no tradeoff like with WoG. There were reason why Seal of Insight was considered survival seal and Truth was DPS seal even when Insights heal was small.

I am absolutely not treating LotP as a cooldown. It is active mitigation, but unlike SotR, its efficiency varies. If the damage reduction offered by SotR would be tiny if used at high health, then I would probably also advise that you not use it then and save it for when it will actually be powerful. But that's now how sotr works, so really, keeping high uptime on it is good enough.

3 hours ago, Guest Bluekiwi said:

2 Questions.

Firstly.

          My math is no good. Does the "Consecration" effect of "Light of the Protector" add 20% on top of the 26% equaling a 46% heal, or does it add 20% of the 26% equaling 31.2% heal?

 

Secondly.

          On the Tier 5 Talents list you give "Final Stand" a big green tick and suggest that if we need a strong defensive cooldown then we should take "Final Stand". However all "Final Stand" really does is add an AoE taunt to "Divine Shield" and doesn't actually give us a defensive cooldown at all, therefore limiting it's usefulness to pulling mobs inside 15yrds but outside our "Consecration". Wouldn't "Hand of the Protector" be a more useful choice overall?

 

My understanding is that it is 20% of the heal that LotP would produce, so it will not heal you for 45% of your missing health, no.

 

Regarding Final Stand, it is not just a taunt. It forces the target(s) to attack you for the full duration of Divine Shield. Basically it's a 100% damage reduction cooldown that lasts 8 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm new at Prot paladin, so I might just misunderstand. The guide states about Consecration that "its duration is longer than its cooldown)" (Rotation section). However, I'm seeing the duration and cooldown going down equally with haste and always being the same. In what cases would the cooldown be lower than the duration?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for my english but i have talents doubt : rotating usually can only click 2 times on hammer and then go to click on other icons , so my choice would be on holy shield because the damage reduction would be a 10 % chance yet . while blessed hammer does 15 % damage reduction , but should be filtered to dodge parry block so procs about half of the time . Of course it is more blessed damage but at this point the normal hammer damage is in addition to the return of holy damage -holy shield ..Please can study this for me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Since i love paladins so much lore wise, in every expansion I had prot/ret paladin as my main for a period of time but for Legion i have some worries regarding protection spec, especially after playing with all tanks except monks in prepatch:

-Shield of the righteous/consecration dynamic will force us to be stationary

-Shield of the Righteous is definitely a strong active mitigation spell but compared to other tanks' active mitigations, if my calculations are correct, it will be up the least amount of time in a mythic boss/raid boss fight, making our damage taken inconsistent.

-Hand/Light of the protector is weak

-Legendary Artifact Traits don't look like they will be much help regarding survivability either.

I'm not an expert but I don't want to invest time on a prot paladin if in legion end content especially in mythic+, people doesn't want us tanking. So I want to hear your feedback on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The enchant Mark of the Shadowmoon seems to have changed from Spirit to Versatility.  I am guessing this now makes it useful for us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no mention on the stat priority page of the cooldown bonusses from crit Judgements. I assume they don't make crit suddenly wonderful, but I'm curious if that means that a small amount of crit has interesting potential effects on ShOR uptime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly new to being a prot pwlly and was finding it frustrating to deal with trying to tank since the new patch so I came looking for advice but I'm wondering about the section for level 30 talents why get bastion? The skill it utilizes you don't get for 8 more levels so why grab if then? It's literally not using the talent point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym

       
      The inaugural hotfixes of patch 7.3.5 are here and there's a lot to cover: Assassination Rogues get some bugs dealt with by changing the Poison Knives trait temporarily, Shamans and Warlocks get some bug fixes, a lot of quest items have had their level requirements lowered after the level scaling, certain World Bosses now drop loot for players that were unable to loot them and more:
      January 17 (source)
      Classes
      Rogue Assassination The Poison Knives trait has been temporarily disabled, and Poison Knives currently adds 3% damage to Deadly Poison per rank. This change will be reverted once a bug with the trait is corrected. Shaman Restoration Healing Tide Totem is now properly affected by Mastery: Deep Healing and Cumulative Upkeep. Healing Stream Totem is now properly affected by Mastery: Deep Healing. Warlock Affliction Grim Inquisitor's Regalia 2P Bonus now properly increases the duration of Unstable Affliction by 2 seconds. Dungeons and Raids
      Gnomeregan Electrocutioner 6000 again drops Electrocutioner Leg for Hunters. Trial of the Champion All bosses again properly drop Champion's Seals. Items
      Many quest items that had incorrectly high level requirements have been adjusted. World Quests
      Fixed issues preventing Naz'ak and Ana-Mouz from dropping loot for players who have previously killed them. Quests
      Significantly increased the Spinal Dust drop rate on the Ghostlands quest “Spinal Dust”. Arluin has returned to Suramar and is again willing to speak with outsiders. He was just having a bad day. 7.3.5 patch notes.
    • By Stan

      Community Manager Ythisens confirmed that world scaling impacts older raid content. The ongoing bug most notably affects Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor raids. As a result, the health of bosses within said raids will be significantly reduced in a future hotfix that Blizzard plans to implement before the weekend.
      Blizzard (Source)
      As many players have noticed, changes to how creature health is determined in Patch 7.3.5 had a meaningful impact on some older raid content. This has been particularly noticeable in Warlords of Draenor and Mists of Pandaria raids. We’ve been discussing this topic constantly since the first threads popped up after the patch.

      We want to be clear: our intention was never to greatly increase the difficulty of soloing old raid content for transmog or mount runs, but a side effect of the creature health tuning we did for leveling players. We’re currently working on a fix that will significantly reduce the health of Warlords and Mists raid bosses.

      Thank you for all of your feedback and discussion on this issue. We’re sorry for the frustration, and we’re working to have you all back in there beating down those old raid bosses as soon as possible (hopefully before the weekend).
    • By Stan

      The release date of Patch 7.3.5 draws close and our content hub contains all necessary information to guide you through it.
      The latest information about Legion's final content patch.
      Patch 7.3.5 is Legion's last content patch. The most prominent features are world scaling, Ulduar Timewalking and the Seething Shore battleground.
      Update: (January 17)
      Patch 7.3.5 is now live in all regions and the first bugs started to emerge. World scaling crippled soloing old content and Blizzard is currently working to fix the issue. We also reported about Orb of Deception transforming Pandaren into Allied Races characters. At this time we don't know if that's intended, but expect a round of hotfixes soon! We also compiled a list of undocumented changes in 7.3.5 that can be found below.
      Black Qiraji Battle Tank Model Update
      Scarab Lords rejoice! The Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal mount received a new model.

      Legion Epilogue Cinematics
      Two new cinematics are available to all players that start the new quest line in Silithus.

      Undocumented Changes
      A list of undocumented changes that were omitted from the official 7.3.5 patch notes.

      Uuna Secret Scenario Hunt
      WoW Secrets Community Finding Discord is currently solving a mystery involving Uuna. Her drop rate has been significantly increased and Blizzard added a scenario for her in Patch 7.3.5.

      Update: (January 15)
      Patch 7.3.5 goes live this week. Here are the official patch notes.
      Patch 7.3.5 Release Date Speculation
      Ruby Qiraji Resonating Crystal and Sapphire Qiraji Resonating Crystal are new Qiraji mounts that have been added to the game in Patch 7.3.5. They will be available only during Call of the Scarab micro-holiday. Call of the Scarab is scheduled for January 21, 2018, so Patch 7.3.5 should go live before the event.
      Possible Release Dates
      Extended maintenance is scheduled for this week. We'll update this hub with additional information as they become available (official patch notes, background download, etc.)
      January 2 January 9 January 16 New Qiraji Mounts (Call of the Scarab Micro-Holiday)

      Allied Races
      Patch 7.3.5 contains files for Allied Races, giving Blizzard the opportunity to enable them at any time after the patch goes live. During PTR testing, we looked at unlock requirements, special Heritage Armor, racials, tabards, and unlock scenarios. Four Allied Races will be available before Battle for Azeroth launches. Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari Trolls are gated behind the new expansion's campaign. We still have no information about their class options, but in a Q/A, Blizzard mentioned they are exploring the option to allow Dark Iron Dwarves to be Death Knights and Zandalari Trolls will be able to roll Druids.
      Unlock Requirements
      You must purchase Battle for Azeroth and have an existing character of at least level 110 on the destination realm of your Allied Race character. Allied Races are also gated behind reputation and various achievements. All requirements are account-wide.


      Heritage Armor
      Level up an Allied Race character from 20 to 110 and unlock special account-wide armor that's not restricted by type.

      Highmountain Tauren Druid Forms
      Highmountain Tauren have unique Druid forms. In our preview, we looked at their travel, cat, bear and flight forms!

      Mounts
      Four new racial mounts have been added for Allied Races. Check them out!

      Racials
      Explore new Racial abilities and passives available to Allied Races!

      Tabards
      We datamined four tabards for Allied Races and a new tabard from Pet Battles (Master Trainer's Tabard).

      Alleria & Turalyon Reunion
      After a bittersweet victory on Argus, Alleria & Turalyon return back to Azeroth.

      Dalaran Mailroom Quest Guide for Patch 7.3.5
      A new quest line is available in Patch 7.3.5. Pet collectors will be interested in the Mailemental pet and a portable mailbox (Katy's Stampwhistle) always comes in handy!

      Flying Changes in Patch 7.3.5
      You can now fly in Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Pandaria, Northrend and Deepholm just by purchasing Expert Riding.

      Legendary Items in Patch 7.3.5
      While there are no new Legendaries in Patch 7.3.5, you can now purchase an item for 175 Wakening Essences that allows spec-based Legendary item targeting.

      The devs also posted additional clarifications for the Purified Titan Essence token.

      New Companion Pets
      A new Pet Battle meta-achievement and two new companions can be earned in 7.3.5.

      New Hunter Pet Tames
      Hunters can tame new pets in Patch 7.3.5. Find out more by visiting the link below!

      New Zones
      Blizzard added new Allied Races Scenarios, faction embassies and there's even a scenario for Uuna! Please note that these Scenarios haven't been tested on PTR.
      Allied Races & Uuna Scenarios
      A preview of Fate's Veil, Forge of Aeons and other zones added in Patch 7.3.5.

      Faction Embassies
      Faction embassies have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind. They serve for recruiting Allied Races; almost all faction leaders can be found there. Additionally, Baine Bloodhoof, Saurfang, Trade Prince Gallywix and Nathanos all received new models.

      Faction Embassies Preview #2
      Our second preview focuses on changes to embassies throughout 7.3.5 testing.

      Nightborne Hub (Uninstanced Nighthold)
      The uninstanced version of the Nighthold has been updated with new NPCs and portals. Pandaren are teaching the Nightborne the way of the Monk and more!
       
      Legion Epilogue
      Both factions have established base camps in Silithus. Will the price of victory be the very lifeblood of Azeroth?

      Ogmot the Mad Foreshadowing Riddles
      Ogmot the Mad is a new rare mob that can be found in Silithus. He drops Journal of Ogmot the Mad, where we learn how eager he is to become the vessel of the Old Gods. The journal has ten pages and covers interesting events.

      Seething Shore Battleground
      The new battleground is located off the coast of Silithus. It's a resource battle and both factions need to collect Azerite nodes to claim victory.

      Trial of Style Season 2 Rewards
      A couple of new items and rewards have been added to the Trial of Style micro-holiday. New sets cost Trial of Style Tokens.

      Ulduar Timewalking
      Ulduar is the second Timewalking raid, available during Wrath Timewalking. Defeating Algalon now rewards both titles (Observed) and completing the Ulduar raid achievements both mounts (Glory of the Ulduar Raider). There are probably no plans to introduce a transmoggable Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings and the raid now has a single difficulty.

      Vicious War Fox Mount
      The PvP mount datamined back in Patch 7.3 is finally available for 1 Vicious Saddle.

      Zone Scaling
      A highly anticipated feature of 7.3.5 is the introduction of zone scaling. Zones have level caps, difficulty and quest rewards scale with your level. At level 58, you can choose between Outland or Northrend, at level 80 it becomes a choice between Cataclysm zones & Pandaria. Find out more about zone scaling below!

      Zone Chapters
      In addition to zone scaling, all zones now have chapters and completing a fixed number of quests is no longer required for Loremaster achievements.

    • By Starym

       
      It seems each patch brings with it a new secret for players to explore, and 7.3.5 is no different. This week's patch brought with it a series of discoverable tidbits based around NPC/pet Uuna, including a whole scenario that was datamined. Since all of this is predicated on the fact that you need to have said non-combat pet, Senior Game Designer and secrets guru at Blizzard, Jeremy Feasel, today announced increased drop rates:
      She drops from rare elite The Many-Faced Devourer, who is similar to the Shackled Ur'zul mount that itself caused some controversy when announced, since it is "Formed from the tormented bodies and souls of fallen members of the Army of the Light, the Ur'zul is both fascinating and horrifying." After saving Uuna's ghost from a disturbing fate, we can now interact with her in several ways, as the Secrets Discord has found out, from emoting at her to being in specific places in order to trigger some of the datamined dialogue. The theme of the event chain is convincing Uuna to not move on to the afterlife by showing her around Azeroth and eventually unlocking the scenario where we presumably get to save and possibly revive her.
      Here are some images of the scenario itself, called "The Dark Place", that we already covered when looking at some of the new zones coming in 7.3.5:
        
      Good luck to everyone trying to solve this one, and now that the drop rate has increased let's hope more join in the quest!
    • By Stan

      We compiled a list of undocumented changes in Patch 7.3.5.
      Patch 7.3.5 Undocumented Changes
      Below is a list of changes that were not found in the official Patch 7.3.5 Patch Notes. A list of known issues that will be fixed soon via hotfixes can be found here and the latest information about 7.3.5 here.
      General
      Uuna has a new secret scenario in Patch 7.3.5. (More Info) Lunarwing can now /sit. (More Info) Similar to how Glory of the Ulduar Raider rewards both mounts, so does the Observed title award <The Starcaller> & <The Astral Walker> titles at the same time. Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal received a new model. (More Info) Levelling
      Cold Weather Flying, Flight Master's License and Wisdom of the Four Winds have been removed. You can now fly in Northrend, Pandaria and Cataclysm zones with Expert Riding. (More Info) Primary and secondary stats on heirlooms have been decreased, but the XP increase remains unchanged. All zones now have chapters. You no longer have to complete a fixed amount of quests to get credits toward The Loremaster achievements. (More Info) Micro-Holidays
      Trial of Style got a couple of new decoration items and set rewards. (More Info) Call of the Scarab received two new temporary qiraji mounts: Ruby Qiraji Resonating Crystal & Sapphire Qiraji Resonating Crystal. (More Info) Pets
      There's a new achievement from Pet Battles (Family Brawler) that rewards Master Trainer's Tabard. (More Info) A new quest chain is available in Dalaran that grants the Mailemental pet and the Postmaster title. (More Info) There's a new companion pet that should be available from the phased version of Silithus: The Wound - Silithid Mini-Tank. (More Info) New Hunter tames are available in Patch 7.3.5. (More Info) PvP
      The first battleground win of the day rewards Wakening Essences. (More Info) Vicious War Fox (PvP mount) can be purchased for 1 Vicious Saddle. (More Info) Quests
      Argus weekly quests Invasion Onslaught and Fuel of a Doomed World now reward 1,000 reputation with both Argussian Reach & Army of the Light factions. (More Info // More Info) Elite and Profession World Quests on Argus now reward reputation with Argussian Reach & Army of the Light factions. Many low-level items have been added to the game along with world scaling. (More Info) Ogmot the Mad is a new rare mob that can be found in Silithus. He drops Ogmot's Dream Journal, where we learn how eager he is to become the vessel of the Old Gods. The journal has ten pages and covers interesting events. (More Info) Toys
      Orb of Deception can turn Pandaren into Allied Races characters. (More Info)