FORUMS
Damien

Enhancement Shaman 7.3

Guest Skvarh

Hi!

Why do you use Crash Lightning after Feral Spirit even in single target? As far as I know, Crash Lightning does the wolfs to attack all nearby enemies, but if you only have one enemy, wouldn't you lose DPS by using Crash Lightning?

Thanks!

Guest Valkas

You use it becaues the spirits do ADDITIONAL AOE damage, but still meleehit.
For this to make sense you have to know that the spirits do NOT meleeattack as their aoe but cast something like a fire nova (depends on the element of the spirit). Its really badly worded tho and I didnt know that for a long time aswell!
Maybe the guide should explain this better sometime :) 

Guest Skvarh
1 hour ago, Guest Valkas said:

You use it becaues the spirits do ADDITIONAL AOE damage, but still meleehit.
For this to make sense you have to know that the spirits do NOT meleeattack as their aoe but cast something like a fire nova (depends on the element of the spirit). Its really badly worded tho and I didnt know that for a long time aswell!

Thanks a lot!! It's clear now :D

Guest Zimwa

Hey
I don't understand why the ring from botanist Tel'arn is BIS ? The one with hast and versatily.  Because versatility is not a priority stat

1 hour ago, Guest Zimwa said:

Hey
I don't understand why the ring from botanist Tel'arn is BIS ? The one with hast and versatily.  Because versatility is not a priority stat

I would assume out of all the rings that drop in NH, this ring has the best stats. Any others likely have crit/verse and none with mastery.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:09 PM, Guest Valkas said:

Is Hailstorm worth taking after the hotfix with the legendary bracers? Im planning on going Hot Hand / Hailstorm to make use of them.

It's definitely possible (only in the case of the bracers), but I'd wait for confirmation from the guide before taking my word as gospel. It's not gospel at all. More like general advice.

On 1/18/2017 at 1:38 AM, Guest Darthis said:

Given the new changes is there a spread sheet available for stat weights?

I'm asking because in the explanation the weights are done for ilvl 880.

Given that this is a DPS spec, it's much easier to just sim your character. You'll get more accurate results than our weights and you can do it via the SimC normal program.

On 1/18/2017 at 9:09 AM, Guest Tonytoe said:

Will Simcraft not take into account the Stormbringer proccs?

The sim list is yet to be updated to account for the changes.

On 1/18/2017 at 3:16 PM, Guest Torfid said:

Ello,

Are you going to update the build and rotation now that the hotfixes are released?

It will be updated, sorry for the delay!

On 1/18/2017 at 4:18 PM, Guest Random Shaman said:

update this guide pls :D

We're on it! Sorry for the delay!

20 hours ago, Guest Artisan said:

Any comment would be much appreciated, bye!

Personal sims are definitely going to show different results. When a sim is being run, it takes into account the input variables, such as talents, class, and more importantly, gear. Gear has a MASSIVE impact on it and, given that our weights and priority is intended to run as a general source of information, it won't be 100% accurate for everyone.

It's why we do recommend using SimC if you can to find your own weights.

19 hours ago, Guest Heiapuh said:

Spontaneous Appendages: the damage done by the spontaneous appendages generated by Spontaneous Appendages has been increased by 65%.

So the rppm did go from 1,5 to 0.7 rppm. And the dmg increased only by 65%. Does this mean that they nerfed it by round about 20%? Is it still worth to use?

The trinket sims should be coming very soon to account for the changes to SA. We held off on updating the first time since they had already said that they would buff it again.

It's coming soon!

19 hours ago, Guest PanOo said:

What stats numbers are more appropriate for shams now? In 703 I had around 25 crit, 18 haste and 73 mastery with instinct and appendages and gave around 470k dps in single target without BL for about 7-8 minutes. Now its around 435k dps with Urn and instinct and 2002222 talent tree. Stats for now are 18 crit 28 haste 73 mastery and 1 versa.. 

There isn't really a 100% sure set of numbers that I can give you to aim for, unfortunately. If you're worried about the stat levels, SimCraft can give you your own personal weights and also a simmed DPS level to check your ST performance against.

17 hours ago, Guest Skvarh said:

Hi!

Why do you use Crash Lightning after Feral Spirit even in single target? As far as I know, Crash Lightning does the wolfs to attack all nearby enemies, but if you only have one enemy, wouldn't you lose DPS by using Crash Lightning?

Thanks!

Answered by another user, but confirming.

16 hours ago, Guest Valkas said:

Will put a note in to Wordup, thanks.

11 hours ago, Guest Zimwa said:

Hey

Answered by another user, but yeah, you are simply taking what is best out of a bad bunch.

Guest Tonytoe

Hey boys!

I have got a question concerning SIMs:

First: Spontanous Appendages gives me (according to simcraft) a ~20k DPS loss, against 880 Urn or the new Spirit Wolves CD Reduce Trinket with agility on 875. 

Second: Im simming with 509k DPS. At the dummy I dont get any close to that number. I maintan my damage on maybe 406k. Which is 1. A lot less then I did before the patch 2. a lot less then my SIMdamage.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Guest Moerlus

Because so many here asking questions about updates.

Wordup postet this FAQ (google docs) on his Twitter Page:

It covers many of your questions and is including the Hotfix changes.

Hey, 

Soo i just got Akainu's Bracers.....( T_T i know) was interested if they have any fucking use after the Hailstorm nerf, should i be picking the talent on ST fights, or just casting the FB as it is to keep 30% dmg up, or should i just /delete the "legendary" item.

Its kinda silly of blizzard to make a legendary that requires you to pick a certain talent to be viable. 

Also other legendaries i have are : Emalon's Core and Prydaz which i found damn useful in Nighthold with almost every fight being at least 3 targets :D.

Guest meristu

Could someone give me some talk about boulde vs wind ? I have crit/haste/mas/ver 30/30/40/5, hidden satyr, passive trinkets and 2pc set bonus, thats 873ILvL, just rough info how I look. I have around +-300K dps with windsong and +-350K dps with boulderfist.

Guest Ray

Hi there !

Thanks for your guide, very helpfull :)

I don't really get why you take boulderfist instead of hot hand with 4-P, because Lava lash procs => Stormstrike procs. The damages increased by 5% are more important ?

Guest Severnaiah

Hi! I've noticed that on several of the classes you have a Mythic+ build that is different than the raid build. Unfortunately, the Enhancement Shaman page doesn't have it. Would it be possible to request that a Mythic+ build/rotation be added? I've seen a huge decline in DPS since the patch, and I'm not sure if it's rotation, build, or something else. Thanks!

Guest Random Nobody Person

so i'm no theory crafter but wouldn't the hotfix to Hailstorm allow us to benefit from twisting nether fully again? almost exclusively to the ring though i would assume? 

Guest Bob

Well, i tried your build, and i do less dps than the one i'm using.

I prefer boulderfist than windsong
Hailstorm that +6% hast (i prefer this due to ring leg)
Overcharge and crash lightning because i hate the other one who sucks my maelstrom

And with this build i do more dps
So i don't know on what you based this build?

Guest Oxroc

I'm sorry but i've lost my faith in this guide. If these talents are the best to go for then why is it that every single top ranking on warcraft logs are taking different?