FORUMS
Damien

Enhancement Shaman 7.3

Guest Alex

So I did some testing on the dummies for quite a while now. With my current gear (and legendaries) it seems like windsong pulls ahead Hot Hand for me. Any idea why that might be? It's not only on burst btw it's also a lot on avg dps.

+ How important is using Lightning Bolts in the rotation?

Thanks!

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Tonytoe/advanced

Guest Kurrr

Honest question to you guys: Is Ele overall better now? It felt like b4 they lacked ST dmg. And is enhancer useful in raids and myth+ anyhow? Cause I mean we got classes like DemonHunters that sim with around 80k more DPS while having the same ilvl as an enhancer plus they do loads of AoE.

Hey guys!

Just tested the new rotation/Skillbuild with a simulation via SimulationCraft. Now i have the problem, that SimulationCraft says, I'll lose 70k DPS with the new skillbuild. (I also updated Simcraft to v. 710-03) Any ideas what i messed up?

Guest Confused

The stat priorities for the easy mode page and the stat priority page are not the same.  They don't agree on crit/vers.

In the "Easy Mode" section, you've picked Windsong, but then never cast it in the rotation.

Hot Hands might be a better pick for "Easy Mode" as it's passive.

Guest Thomas
6 hours ago, Guest Alex said:

Overall it seemED like a buff, but on the dummy it seems like a huge nerf. I bursted with easily over 1 million before, having the Belt and the Necklace (crap legendaries) and could maintain around 500-550k STDPS. Now I barely burst with 700k, not even talking about my average DPS..

Same experience here, did eight 4-minute dummy sessions with the new talent spec and was consistently just under 20% below my prepatch dummy dps.

Doing a few runs with the old spec had similar results, so it seems it just a general massive nerf.

5 hours ago, Guest Alex said:

So I did some testing on the dummies for quite a while now. With my current gear (and legendaries) it seems like windsong pulls ahead Hot Hand for me. Any idea why that might be? It's not only on burst btw it's also a lot on avg dps.

Quote from guide:

With 7.1.5 both Hot Hand Icon Hot Hand and Windsong Icon Windsong are good choices, but Windsong Icon Windsong will generally be the best choice due to its versatility and increased burst potential, alongside its significant impact on overall Maelstrom and Stormbringer Icon Stormbringer generation.

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Guest Kurrr said:

Honest question to you guys: Is Ele overall better now? It felt like b4 they lacked ST dmg. And is enhancer useful in raids and myth+ anyhow? Cause I mean we got classes like DemonHunters that sim with around 80k more DPS while having the same ilvl as an enhancer plus they do loads of AoE.

I'm honestly not sure I can answer this yet, sorry! Wait a few days and allow the dust to settle, you'll start seeing logs popping up from raid night testing and you'll start seeing how well specs perform. It's still a bit early to make a definitive call IMO and I'm sure things will change people start testing in NH too.

4 hours ago, Azanulbizar said:

Hey guys!

Just tested the new rotation/Skillbuild with a simulation via SimulationCraft. Now i have the problem, that SimulationCraft says, I'll lose 70k DPS with the new skillbuild. (I also updated Simcraft to v. 710-03) Any ideas what i messed up?

Outdated build, that's from 7.1.03 - you need the 7.1.5 build.

3 hours ago, Guest Confused said:

The stat priorities for the easy mode page and the stat priority page are not the same.  They don't agree on crit/vers.

Will get this double checked, most likely just a minor error. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Kal said:

In the "Easy Mode" section, you've picked Windsong, but then never cast it in the rotation.

Hot Hands might be a better pick for "Easy Mode" as it's passive.

Will get this fixed, most likely just a small error. Thanks! :)

29 minutes ago, Guest Thomas said:

Same experience here, did eight 4-minute dummy sessions with the new talent spec and was consistently just under 20% below my prepatch dummy dps.

Doing a few runs with the old spec had similar results, so it seems it just a general massive nerf.

It might feel like a nerf, but perhaps other specs have encountered a similar issue. You might find that nerf has put you alongside everyone else in a raid-setting.

Guest Totemstorm

I was just wondering how viable a windsong hailstorm build would be? any thoughts or anyone tried it out?

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

Outdated build, that's from 7.1.03 - you need the 7.1.5 build.

I think you missunderstood me. I compaired the build from 7.1.03 with the build from 7.1.5 in a SimulationCraft - Simulation. SimulationCraft tells me to keep the "old" build, because otherwise I would lose ~ 70k DPS. 

3 minutes ago, Azanulbizar said:

I think you missunderstood me. I compaired the build from 7.1.03 with the build from 7.1.5 in a SimulationCraft - Simulation. SimulationCraft tells me to keep the "old" build, because otherwise I would lose ~ 70k DPS. 

You said you: "also updated Simcraft to v. 710-03" - If you are using this version of simcraft, it is out of date.

58 minutes ago, Guest Totemstorm said:

I was just wondering how viable a windsong hailstorm build would be? any thoughts or anyone tried it out?

I'm certain it has been tested by Wordup and, given that it isn't the recommended build, I'd assume it has a lower output.

Guest Tielc - Thrall
1 hour ago, Blainie said:

You said you: "also updated Simcraft to v. 710-03" - If you are using this version of simcraft, it is out of date.

I was using the nightly builds for SimC for 7.1.5 as well as AMR's simulations. Granted, I know they're simulations, but I'm having both tell me to keep the old builds (BF, HS, Tempest, CS & Landslide). Though I'll say last night in Heroic EN I ran HH, AS, Tempese, FoA and Landslide, and felt really confident about the numbers, topping out on most fights (used to be competition from DK and Rogue). Though I'll say using that rotation is clunky and miserable. I feel a complete lack of, or need to micro manage my Maelstrom as compared to before where it was just overflowing from so many Stormbringer procs.

I was wondering now that FB is out of the rotation, what's better? The Eye's 4% damage increase with Haste/Mastery, or the 25% haste for 10 secs increase every 30 secs on sephuz, but with haste/crit

11 hours ago, Guest Tielc - Thrall said:

I was using the nightly builds for SimC for 7.1.5 as well as AMR's simulations. Granted, I know they're simulations, but I'm having both tell me to keep the old builds (BF, HS, Tempest, CS & Landslide). Though I'll say last night in Heroic EN I ran HH, AS, Tempese, FoA and Landslide, and felt really confident about the numbers, topping out on most fights (used to be competition from DK and Rogue). Though I'll say using that rotation is clunky and miserable. I feel a complete lack of, or need to micro manage my Maelstrom as compared to before where it was just overflowing from so many Stormbringer procs.

It seems like, just looking through the top parses from .1.5 so far, there is a pretty huge variety of builds. There are people running all 3 talents from a tier and all of them getting into the top 10. I guess we can only hope we'll get a solid "what is better?" answer before NH release. It might even be that there is simply multiple correct choices.

6 hours ago, DLanceTF said:

I was wondering now that FB is out of the rotation, what's better? The Eye's 4% damage increase with Haste/Mastery, or the 25% haste for 10 secs increase every 30 secs on sephuz, but with haste/crit

Simming the two is most likely the best bet for finding an answer, honestly.

When swapping overcharge for tempest with the 4pc, should I also pick Hot Hand instead of windsong,

Or does the flat stormbringer increase of windsong still outvalue the Hot hand synergy with 4pc?

Can the Hot Hand procs even trigger the t19 4pc?

10 minutes ago, Ugachaka said:

When swapping overcharge for tempest with the 4pc, should I also pick Hot Hand instead of windsong,

Or does the flat stormbringer increase of windsong still outvalue the Hot hand synergy with 4pc?

Can the Hot Hand procs even trigger the t19 4pc?

All good questions and none of which I have an answer to! I'll ask Wordup and let you know :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ugachaka said:

When swapping overcharge for tempest with the 4pc

Here's the response from Wordup:

only impact on T15 talents is it allows for Boulderfist to be taken - so all 3 are equal.

4pc has no real synergy with HH over others because the 2pc leans into Windsong, so they cancel each other out.

Hot Hand procs can trigger T19 4pc, it's any LL cast.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Guest Ara'ni

With the proposed changes at next week's reset for Enhancement is that going to affect if we take boulderfist and Hailstorm again?

Do we go back to the old set up? 

I can't work it out over simple number buffs alone :/

Will the guide be updated by next week to reflect this :D

1 minute ago, Guest Ara'ni said:

Will the guide be updated by next week to reflect this :D

As of right now, it's impossible to already say. There are many things to be tested prior to the release of the changes.

The guide will definitely be updated to reflect the changes when they go live.