FORUMS
Damien

Enhancement Shaman 7.3

Thanks for clarifiying my previous questions! 

Another thing i want to point out is, that Spontaneous Appendages got its proc rate reduced from 1.5 RPPM to ~ 0.7 with a undocumented so called "bugfix" with 7.1.5. 

source:  https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...09858945515520

As a result the trinket got really weak IMHO and the change was added to simcraft just yesterday, as far as I can see, I dont think the trinket sims and bis list in the guide take that into consideration already. Just FYI :)

25 minutes ago, Ugachaka said:

Thanks for clarifiying my previous questions! 

Another thing i want to point out is, that Spontaneous Appendages got its proc rate reduced from 1.5 RPPM to ~ 0.7 with a undocumented so called "bugfix" with 7.1.5. 

source:  https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...09858945515520

As a result the trinket got really weak IMHO and the change was added to simcraft just yesterday, as far as I can see, I dont think the trinket sims and bis list in the guide take that into consideration already. Just FYI :)

Definitely interesting info that I can pass on - thanks for that! We'll see if we can get an update going to account for this :)

Guest Guest

Uhm.. what's up with the rotation on this page? Why would Lightning Bolt be there without mentioning that this requires Overcharge to be chosen? You should add talent conditions to all spells in the rotation for all talents that are deemed viable in the talents section.

Guest Gramps

Ahoy there,

with the changes coming next wednesday (see below), are HS and BF back to being the go-to talents? I can't tell but would be excited if so. Also with the FoA nerf, back to CS? What do you think? Thanks in advance. (taken from wowhead)

Guest effrim

this spec is terrible and there is absolutely no use for it in any encounter with a 9 button rotation that aonly pulls 350k dps versus the alt that does a consistent 400k...

1 hour ago, Guest Gramps said:

Ahoy there,

with the changes coming next wednesday (see below), are HS and BF back to being the go-to talents? I can't tell but would be excited if so. Also with the FoA nerf, back to CS? What do you think? Thanks in advance. (taken from wowhead)

It doesn't alter any talents as of right now, it does put Boulderfist as the best option and takes Fury of Air out as a choice with the 4pc however. Hailstorm changes nothing.

38 minutes ago, Guest effrim said:

this spec is terrible and there is absolutely no use for it in any encounter with a 9 button rotation that aonly pulls 350k dps versus the alt that does a consistent 400k...

Whilst I can understand there is some difficulty transitioning to the new build in this patch, it absolutely is the highest performing with current gear once you adjust to it.

21 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Uhm.. what's up with the rotation on this page? Why would Lightning Bolt be there without mentioning that this requires Overcharge to be chosen? You should add talent conditions to all spells in the rotation for all talents that are deemed viable in the talents section.

Will get it fixed. This was simply an oversight.

Guest Guest

Thanks Blainie! Just wanted to make sure the rotation takes all viable options into consideration.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Thanks Blainie! Just wanted to make sure the rotation takes all viable options into consideration.

Generally we do work hard to make sure that everything is there, but sometimes when working with a certain talent during testing for so long, you almost think of it as baseline!

Anyway, thanks once again for pointing it out.

13 hours ago, Guest Gramps said:

Thanks for your quick answer. Much appreesh.

Glad that we could help :) If you have any further questions, please just ask!

Guest Oxroc

Will the guide be updated again following the new information about hotfixes and the supposed nerf of the spontaneous appendages, if so when? :D thanks

7 minutes ago, Guest Oxroc said:

Will the guide be updated again following the new information about hotfixes and the supposed nerf of the spontaneous appendages, if so when? :D thanks

For the hotfixes, yes. There are buffs coming to SA (tomrrow actually, I think), so there isn't much point in updating that yet. It will all be done when it goes live, though, for sure :)

Guest Valkas

Is Hailstorm worth taking after the hotfix with the legendary bracers? Im planning on going Hot Hand / Hailstorm to make use of them.

Guest Darthis

Given the new changes is there a spread sheet available for stat weights?

I'm asking because in the explanation the weights are done for ilvl 880.

Guest Tonytoe

Hi

I have a question concerning Trinkets!

I have Bloodthirsty Instinct and Spontaneous Appendages both on 865 equipped. I sim significantly higher (almost 20k) if I change from  appandages to 880 Ethereal Urn.

Will Simcraft not take into account the Stormbringer proccs?

On the dummy I dont feel like it proccs that much anymore. Is it just a feeling or was it nerfed?

Thanks!

Guest Torfid

Ello,

Are you going to update the build and rotation now that the hotfixes are released?

While you're waiting for the guide to be updated, I'd really recommend either simming yourself or checking out the top parses over at warcraftlogs.

Guest Artisan

Hello everybody :)

It's my firs post here and I must say... such a nice work! The guide is amazing as everything else on this site. Thank you for all this.

Well, today something odd happened to me.

I run the new simulationcraft up to date patch 7.1.5 with scaling and all for my Enhancement Shaman... and it told me Haste would be over Mastery in stat scaling. Is this strange to you too? Am I doing something wrong? 'Cause I see in this guide it's written quite the opposite. 

So I simply cannot figure out how I can make it work with stats and gear and gems, but I tend to trust the guide...

Any comment would be much appreciated, bye!

Guest Heiapuh

Spontaneous Appendages: the damage done by the spontaneous appendages generated by Spontaneous Appendages has been increased by 65%.

So the rppm did go from 1,5 to 0.7 rppm. And the dmg increased only by 65%. Does this mean that they nerfed it by round about 20%? Is it still worth to use?

Guest PanOo

What stats numbers are more appropriate for shams now? In 703 I had around 25 crit, 18 haste and 73 mastery with instinct and appendages and gave around 470k dps in single target without BL for about 7-8 minutes. Now its around 435k dps with Urn and instinct and 2002222 talent tree. Stats for now are 18 crit 28 haste 73 mastery and 1 versa.. 

2 hours ago, Guest Artisan said:

Hello everybody :)

It's my firs post here and I must say... such a nice work! The guide is amazing as everything else on this site. Thank you for all this.

Well, today something odd happened to me.

I run the new simulationcraft up to date patch 7.1.5 with scaling and all for my Enhancement Shaman... and it told me Haste would be over Mastery in stat scaling. Is this strange to you too? Am I doing something wrong? 'Cause I see in this guide it's written quite the opposite. 

So I simply cannot figure out how I can make it work with stats and gear and gems, but I tend to trust the guide...

Any comment would be much appreciated, bye!

That's pretty normal and is mentioned on this page of the guide:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/enhancement-shaman-pve-dps-stat-priority

1 hour ago, Guest Heiapuh said:

Spontaneous Appendages: the damage done by the spontaneous appendages generated by Spontaneous Appendages has been increased by 65%.

So the rppm did go from 1,5 to 0.7 rppm. And the dmg increased only by 65%. Does this mean that they nerfed it by round about 20%? Is it still worth to use?

I saw that too and am pretty annoyed. I mean, I guess it makes it more valuable for everyone but I'm pretty sure anyone using this trinket was using it for the fact that it caused other things to proc, not for the damage the trinket actually does.