FORUMS
Damien

Fury Warrior 7.3

On 1/19/2017 at 9:01 AM, mkh02 said:

Thanks for any input guys!

I think the choice rests entirely on pure damage comparison. You are basically risking seconds of DoS vs. OF with Enrage. I think the best thing to do is test, see which does more damage and then decide which you are more willing to lose enrage on. I would assume it will be lose enrage on OF, but let me know how testing goes!

On 1/19/2017 at 4:18 PM, Guest Cruentum said:

Quick question, with the new buff to Spontaneous Appendages, is it better than ursoc rending paw?

Depends on gear level of the character using it. Simming it will be the most accurate.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:44 PM, Guest wsuhoey said:

Is it safe to cast other abilities during this 2-second period? Or will casting any other ability "interrupt" the 5 strikes during that 2 second period?

Rampage is basically a buff that auto casts as soon as you hit the button, so you can do whatever you wish while it is casting.

On 1/20/2017 at 10:31 PM, Guest up to date? said:

Is this truly up to date for Stat Choices?  We are on 7.1.5 but EVERY drop i get is high Critical Strike...just seems odd.

The game doesn't itemise for what you need. It will give you random stats (you could get every stat stick Trinket with Versatility, in theory). It's just a game of luck and praying you get the right stats.

On 1/21/2017 at 4:53 PM, Skobel said:

The game doesn't drop gear with stats that are ideal to a specific spec. Some gear has crit, others have haste, ect. Unfortunately, that's just bad luck for you. 

Thanks for helping to answer :)

On 1/21/2017 at 2:06 AM, Skobel said:

I could be mistaken, but I don't think you can cast anything else during it, OR it won't interrupt the process. It's not a channeled ability. 

Thanks for helping to answer, again! :)

On 1/21/2017 at 3:58 PM, Skobel said:

Is there somewhere on the site that shows the stat weights for all specs?

We generally update the weights depending on the guide. It is normally contained in either the Stats or BiS page.

On 1/22/2017 at 0:59 AM, Snichy said:

I am reliably informed that casting something else after the GCD of Rampage wont interupt the 5 individual hits despite it taking 2 seconds.

This is indeed true, thanks for helping to answer :)

On 1/23/2017 at 0:40 AM, Guest Mal said:

When I hit 100 rage and get FB AND I'm already enraged I wait until enrage drops off then hit rampage.  However, if I get enraged again during my rotation while enraged is it better to not use rampage until enrage drops off again?  I've had lucky runs where I'll refresh enrage 3 times in a row while already enraged, 3 rotations while rage capped seems too much.  Should I use rampage to dump rage to get FB sooner again?  Hope that makes sense.

Yes, you should. If you are using FB, you should Rampage as soon as you are at 100 rage.

On 1/24/2017 at 3:17 PM, Guest Guest Lagg said:

you wanna dumb it to have as much uptime on FB

Yep, indeed! Thanks for helping to answer his question!

On 1/26/2017 at 3:53 PM, Guest Kstdnr said:

Thats all it takes. Very useful for moments when you jusf popped cds and have to move quickly.

Some great tips, thanks for putting these up! Should definitely help those that have the trinket!

On 1/27/2017 at 1:16 PM, WilliamLewis said:

I have a question. I'm using Inner Fury. What should I use when I'm enraged? since 4.5 cd on Raging Blow :( I just need help for that part of rotation. And someone said not to use furious strikes? Also is their a ADDON that can make my screen flash when I'm enraged?

It's the same priority essentially. Excluding CDs and just looking at basic spells, BT for enrage > RB > BT if already enraged > FS.

13 hours ago, Guest PureEvil said:

With the 2 and 4-piece set bonus significantly increasing our enrage up time, do we still go for 30% haste or perhaps at 25% haste, mastery takes over?

There is no change in stat priority, as far as I am aware. 

11 hours ago, Guest Эдбрут said:

Hey! Did u test these options? Cause i just looted this trinket and wondering rotation with it.

Gave a similar response to the OP, but essentially, compare raw damage of OF and DoS, then decide which does less. You then can decide which is less important to use during enrage. 

Editing with responses from Warrior Discord:

Moving over to Fury from Arms, and I have a question about FB + Reckless Abandon.

As Inner Rage grants you 100 rage, it has the potential to waste a bunch of rage. Consider the below scenario:

You are at 80 Rage, and Battle Cry has come off cooldown, ready to use.

Should you:

• Build up to 100 Rage, activating FB, and burn rage with Rampage, immediately followed by BC -> BC rotation
  • Use BC immediately, wasting 80 of the rage granted from Reckless Abandon (as opposed to only wasting 15 from the above option)
  • Build up to 85 rage and dump on Rampage, then BC -> rotation

Another question, if you are at 100 Rage but do not want to yet Rampage (because you'll have the opportunity to use it with Meat Cleaver for adds that are spawning in ~1.5 seconds), is it worth delaying the Rampage by using Piercing Howl (spending 10 rage) and building back up to 100 to reactivate FB?

It's possibly worth it in extremely rare cases, but most of the time just Rampage and build back up. 

Thanks

Edited by Lisonna

Guest Milka
11 hours ago, Lisonna said:

Moving over to Fury from Arms, and I have a question about FB + Reckless Abandon.

As Inner Rage grants you 100 rage, it has the potential to waste a bunch of rage. Consider the below scenario:

You are at 80 Rage, and Battle Cry has come off cooldown, ready to use.

Should you:

• Build up to 100 Rage, activating FB, and burn rage with Rampage, immediately followed by BC -> BC rotation
  • Use BC immediately, wasting 80 of the rage granted from Reckless Abandon (as opposed to only wasting 15 from the above option)
  • Build up to 85 rage and dump on Rampage, then BC -> rotation

Another question, if you are at 100 Rage but do not want to yet Rampage (because you'll have the opportunity to use it with Meat Cleaver for adds that are spawning in ~1.5 seconds), is it worth delaying the Rampage by using Piercing Howl (spending 10 rage) and building back up to 100 to reactivate FB?

It's possibly worth it in extremely rare cases, but most of the time just Rampage and build back up. 

Thanks

Hello fellow,

You should definitely wait until you got FB, then burn with Rampage and activate BC to get another Rampage. When you check your Artifact treats you will see that there are multiple proc chances when you cast Rampage so it's very useful to use a "second" Rampage.

The second question is more depending if you need the damage on the main target or on the Adds as you will loose a Global CD with the Piercing Howl which does no damage at all and possibly kicks your rotation. I wouldn't do it for myself.

Best regards,

A purple cow..

Guest Belthalas

So, with the new Reckless Abandon, I find myself casting Rampage, then popping Battle Cry before the cast is done and going right into another rampage. The final hit of the first Rampage gains the benefit from Battle Cry and you pop right back to 100 rage for another 100% crit full Rampage. What are your thoughts?

12 hours ago, Guest Milka said:

You should definitely wait until you got FB, then burn with Rampage and activate BC to get another Rampage. When you check your Artifact treats you will see that there are multiple proc chances when you cast Rampage so it's very useful to use a "second" Rampage.

Well getting another chance for those Rampage procs doesn't require FB to trigger, just a rampage cast. So if I'm at 80 rage I don't have to build to 100 to get those extra artifact procs, I only have to get to 85 and rampage. I feel like getting those procs is important, proccing FB from the first rampage is not, as your BC will immediately trigger FB. I think this is the reasoning behind my edits. 

Now, the question is "At what rage is it worth saving up to a rampage prior to hitting BC?" Should you always wait until you've burned rage for Rampage before hitting BC? Or is there a minimum rage value below witch it is worth it to BC immediately? This sounds very specific but I think it's fairly relevant because, especially with the Elisande trinket, BC will come up often and this decision will need to be made often (I don't have the trinket yet so I haven't needed to do this myself). I'm not sure yet, perhaps this is something I can try to Sim differences for. 

4 hours ago, Guest Belthalas said:

So, with the new Reckless Abandon, I find myself casting Rampage, then popping Battle Cry before the cast is done and going right into another rampage. The final hit of the first Rampage gains the benefit from Battle Cry and you pop right back to 100 rage for another 100% crit full Rampage. What are your thoughts?

I think you only want to cast Battle Cry if you are capable of also casting Rampage with it. By that I mean, wait to pop Battle Cry until the GCD from your first Rampage is over.

After that, that's a good point, I hadn't realized that the GCD would be done before your Rampage swings would be finished, and you'd be able to fit that last hit of Rampage into Battle Cry, That ties into some of my comments about dumping rage on a Rampage prior to hitting Battle Cry if you are high on rage when BC comes up. I mean if your statement is true and it benefits, then I see no reason to not do it. That said, I don't think it's worth forcing yourself to wait for a Rampage before Battle Cry, but if you are already high on rage, doing as you say and timing BC with the last hit of the previous Rampage can only be a benefit.

This, again, gets at my question (that I'm not expecting anyone to have a firm answer on without running sims, which I haven't had time to work on myself but I'd like to try and modify some of the priority settings in SimC to test it) regarding the minimum rage value below which you should pop BC immediately VS pooling rage and dumping into a Rampage -> BC -> Rampage.

On 1/31/2017 at 8:22 PM, Lisonna said:

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier! Glad that you got your answers though.

5 hours ago, Guest Belthalas said:

Definitely the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, Lisonna said:

Now, the question is "At what rage is it worth saving up to a rampage prior to hitting BC?"

Now this is a very interesting question. It mainly rests on the question "How many BCs can I fit into this fight?" 

To perfect when you should or should not sacrifice rage is based on the timers of the fight. If you want to get it perfectly right, you need to do a fight-by-fight analysis of the kill times of your raid group. It might be that the boss dies just as your BC comes off cooldown, which means (assuming the Eli trinket is equipped) you had 29 seconds of "rage-saving" time prior to using some of your BCs.

Honestly, it's going to vary an insane amount, but in the end, it will simply depend on whether or not you are sacrificing a full use of BC in a fight.

Hope this makes sense!

On 1/31/2017 at 2:14 AM, Blainie said:
On 1/20/2017 at 10:44 AM, Guest wsuhoey said:

Is it safe to cast other abilities during this 2-second period? Or will casting any other ability "interrupt" the 5 strikes during that 2 second period?

Rampage is basically a buff that auto casts as soon as you hit the button, so you can do whatever you wish while it is cas

There's actually one ability that WILL interupt Rampage. Obviously enough it is Pummel, our interupt xD

Because of this I try to finish my Rampages before an interupt if at all possible because I don't wanna lose all that rage and the final hit

Also, IIRC, Rampages from Massacre possibly may not be lost if you pummel, I think if the mob dies as the Massacre Rampage is casting then you don't lose the freebie buff, but you'll lose your rage, from a regular Rampage, if it dies mid cast.

Edited by Jackomack
poorly written/possibly misunderstood

8 hours ago, Jackomack said:

There's actually one ability that WILL interupt Rampage. Obviously enough it is Pummel, our interupt xD

Damn! I wonder if this is an intended interaction or something that might be fixed (especially your later points). Thanks for sharing nonetheless, I'm sure this will help some of the other readers!

Guest Azkøjin

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my fury warrior, I reach 25.8% haste but when I use simulation craft it say to me mastery is the first stat ... wtf ?! Why? Someone can help me !? 

Thanks in advance 

Azkø