FORUMS
Damien

Fury Warrior 7.3

Guest PureEvil

Is it better to activate Battlecry during enrage or delay it to wait for enrage to run out?

Guest rangasxc

hi I'm concerned my dps isn't up to scratch my I lvl 873 and I sit steady at 300k-320k single target heroic en and norm nh.

the only place I know I'm lacking is my trinkets both 845 the counter measure and chaos talisman

Hey guys I was hoping for some input and thoughts on the change in Fury's rotation with the draught of souls trinket?

My current opening rotation is: Battle Cry + Avatar - Rampage - Raging Blow - Odyn's Fury ......then I continue with my standard fury rotation.

Since the buffs and changes to Frothing Berserker this has been working great and my opening burst is excellent.

An 880 Draught of Souls dropped last night and I was wondering what everyone though would be the best change to the opener:

Most guides are saying: Battle Cry - Rampage - Avatar + Draught of Souls.

Of course this ensures optimum buffs to the Draught of Souls effect.

The problem I am having is that this feels like I am negating the buffs for Odyn's fury.

So I am thinking 3 options:

1 -Right after the Draught of Souls effect ends, I hit Odyn's fury immediately. This means it will have the Frothing Berserker buff, Avatar and the last seconds of Battle Cry but not enrage.

2- I could delay Odyn's fury until I get another enrage, which shouldnt take long on the opener but risk the chance of loosing Battle Cry buff for it.

3 - Change opener to: Battle Cry - Rampage - Odyn's Fury - Avatar and Draught of Souls. This seems to stack them altogether more efficiently but due to global cooldown on Rampage/Odyn's Fury means that I will potentially loose Enrage on the last few Draught of Souls casts.

I am going to test these out but I was just interested on peoples thoughts and opinions as the guides I have read do not completely mention what to do with Odyn's Fury in regard to the changes Draught of Souls make.

On one last note, how much has the Trinket been nerfed out of interest?

I was seeing burst of 6 to 7 million on the PTR which got me really excited but when I use it I am only seeing 2 to 3 million.

Thanks for any input guys!

Guest wsuhoey

For Rampage, the tooltip mentions "5 brutal strikes over 2 seconds."

Is it safe to cast other abilities during this 2-second period? Or will casting any other ability "interrupt" the 5 strikes during that 2 second period?

Guest up to date?

Is this truly up to date for Stat Choices?  We are on 7.1.5 but EVERY drop i get is high Critical Strike...just seems odd.

7 hours ago, Guest wsuhoey said:

Is it safe to cast other abilities during this 2-second period? Or will casting any other ability "interrupt" the 5 strikes during that 2 second period?

I could be mistaken, but I don't think you can cast anything else during it, OR it won't interrupt the process. It's not a channeled ability. 

18 hours ago, Guest up to date? said:

Is this truly up to date for Stat Choices?  We are on 7.1.5 but EVERY drop i get is high Critical Strike...just seems odd.

The game doesn't drop gear with stats that are ideal to a specific spec. Some gear has crit, others have haste, ect. Unfortunately, that's just bad luck for you. 

On 1/20/2017 at 6:44 PM, Guest wsuhoey said:

I am reliably informed that casting something else after the GCD of Rampage wont interupt the 5 individual hits despite it taking 2 seconds.

Guest Mal

When I hit 100 rage and get FB AND I'm already enraged I wait until enrage drops off then hit rampage.  However, if I get enraged again during my rotation while enraged is it better to not use rampage until enrage drops off again?  I've had lucky runs where I'll refresh enrage 3 times in a row while already enraged, 3 rotations while rage capped seems too much.  Should I use rampage to dump rage to get FB sooner again?  Hope that makes sense.

Guest Guest Lagg
On 23.1.2017 at 1:40 AM, Guest Mal said:

When I hit 100 rage and get FB AND I'm already enraged I wait until enrage drops off then hit rampage.  However, if I get enraged again during my rotation while enraged is it better to not use rampage until enrage drops off again?  I've had lucky runs where I'll refresh enrage 3 times in a row while already enraged, 3 rotations while rage capped seems too much.  Should I use rampage to dump rage to get FB sooner again?  Hope that makes sense.

you wanna dumb it to have as much uptime on FB

Guest Kstdnr

I would recommend adding a cancel aura macro for Draught of Souls. Due to it rendering you immobile for the duration of the effect, there are times when you need to cancel the effect such as tank repositioning or damaging spells cast in many encounters that will be case underneath players.

The macro I came up with is very simple.

#showtooltip

/use Draught of Souls (can be written as /use 13/14 if you like that syntax better)

/cancelaura Fel-Crazed Rage

Thats all it takes. Very useful for moments when you jusf popped cds and have to move quickly.

Also, due to the immobilization effect, you can use the effect to ignore knockback effects such as Elerethe Renferal's wing buffet, DHT dragon boss, and heroic+ Spellblade Aluriel's frozen tempest debuff. While a dps loss to cast outside of battle cry, if you are about to be pushed to edge of circle and frozen on aluriel, you can avoid the loss of control effect and get back to dpsing.

I have a question. I'm using Inner Fury. What should I use when I'm enraged? since 4.5 cd on Raging Blow :( I just need help for that part of rotation. And someone said not to use furious strikes? Also is their a ADDON that can make my screen flash when I'm enraged?

Guest PureEvil
On 1/22/2017 at 4:40 PM, Guest Mal said:

With the 2 and 4-piece set bonus significantly increasing our enrage up time, do we still go for 30% haste or perhaps at 25% haste, mastery takes over?

Guest Эдбрут
On 1/19/2017 at 10:01 AM, mkh02 said:

Hey guys I was hoping for some input and thoughts on the change in Fury's rotation with the draught of souls trinket?

My current opening rotation is: Battle Cry + Avatar - Rampage - Raging Blow - Odyn's Fury ......then I continue with my standard fury rotation.

Since the buffs and changes to Frothing Berserker this has been working great and my opening burst is excellent.

An 880 Draught of Souls dropped last night and I was wondering what everyone though would be the best change to the opener:

Most guides are saying: Battle Cry - Rampage - Avatar + Draught of Souls.

Of course this ensures optimum buffs to the Draught of Souls effect.

The problem I am having is that this feels like I am negating the buffs for Odyn's fury.

So I am thinking 3 options:

1 -Right after the Draught of Souls effect ends, I hit Odyn's fury immediately. This means it will have the Frothing Berserker buff, Avatar and the last seconds of Battle Cry but not enrage.

2- I could delay Odyn's fury until I get another enrage, which shouldnt take long on the opener but risk the chance of loosing Battle Cry buff for it.

3 - Change opener to: Battle Cry - Rampage - Odyn's Fury - Avatar and Draught of Souls. This seems to stack them altogether more efficiently but due to global cooldown on Rampage/Odyn's Fury means that I will potentially loose Enrage on the last few Draught of Souls casts.

I am going to test these out but I was just interested on peoples thoughts and opinions as the guides I have read do not completely mention what to do with Odyn's Fury in regard to the changes Draught of Souls make.

On one last note, how much has the Trinket been nerfed out of interest?

I was seeing burst of 6 to 7 million on the PTR which got me really excited but when I use it I am only seeing 2 to 3 million.

Thanks for any input guys!

Hey! Did u test these options? Cause i just looted this trinket and wondering rotation with it.

On 1/17/2017 at 6:02 PM, Guest Jakco said:

I am still where much in doubt about the execution phase. Do we prioritize getting to 100 rage to proc FB? When we reach 100 rage, do we rely on BT to proc enrage or do we use Rampage? Because if we use Rampage, we wont have rage for Execute. When we have spend the rage, do we then build up to 100 rage again before executing? In that way we wont use Execute much and Juggernaut wont build up.

Only if you are Enraged. If not, you won't be spending rage on anything (due to the priority), so you'll be reaching 100 rage, using Rampage and then Executing. 

On 1/17/2017 at 7:44 PM, Guest PureEvil said:

With 2 targets, is it still worth maintaining meat cleaver as the highest priority?

It is. 

On 1/17/2017 at 7:44 PM, Guest PureEvil said:

A related question, in two targets situation, is whirlwind better than furious slash? ~double damage vs 15% increase crit with next bloodthirst.

WW has a higher priority.

On 1/17/2017 at 11:46 PM, Guest PureEvil said:

What I couldn't decide is that when Sense Death procs and there is no Enrage buff, should execute have higher priority than raging blow? 

Thanks for helping to answer. If there is a chance you will lose the proc, then yes, it is a higher priority (like the timer is going to expire and you haven't enraged yet).

On 1/18/2017 at 3:56 AM, Guest Guest Leonardobros said:

So, how do I transfer this stat priority to my pawn, so that pawn knows that haste ist the most important until 30%, then mastery, then haste beyond 30% , then strength etc. 
I hope you understand what I'm talking about ^^ 

You'll have to make custom weights that have Haste in it twice, in two separate occasions. So, in the first one, the large priority is put on Haste as it is stat #1. Once you break 30% Haste, you use the second weight set and Haste is stat #2 with Mastery as #1. 

On 1/18/2017 at 5:53 AM, Guest Milka said:

Hope it helps you to get out of the Massacre or FB struggle :)

I'm sure this has definitely helped people, so thanks for posting some extra info :)

On 1/18/2017 at 10:57 PM, Guest Skobel24 said:

Does IcyVeins post the stat weights for specs anywhere? I haven't been able to find updated weights for 7.1.5 for fury. 

The stat weights for most specs are either on the stats page or on the BiS page.

On 1/18/2017 at 11:59 PM, Guest PureEvil said:

Is it better to activate Battlecry during enrage or delay it to wait for enrage to run out?

Quote from guide:

Battle Cry Icon Battle Cry is now a short 5-second (7 with Reckless Abandon Icon Reckless Abandon) duration buff that raises your critical strike chance to 100% on a 1-minute cooldown. This should be used as frequently as possible, ideally when Enrage Icon Enrage is inactive, or to guarantee an activation after use through Bloodthirst Icon Bloodthirst. Due to its short duration but low cooldown, lining it up with procs or periods of extremely high damage is crucial to squeezing out as much as possible from it.

Hope this helps.

On 1/19/2017 at 7:02 AM, Guest rangasxc said:

hi I'm concerned my dps isn't up to scratch my I lvl 873 and I sit steady at 300k-320k single target heroic en and norm nh.

the only place I know I'm lacking is my trinkets both 845 the counter measure and chaos talisman

I'd suggest posting a log of you playing to our Warrior forums. We can't really do anything from what you have told us, sorry!