FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TeamC

Blood gear post 7/19

With the removal of many of the elements that were popular for Blood in HFC (multistrike, BoS, using dps trinkets instead of survival ones), does anyone have any ideas on what are the BiS trinkets now?

Do the changes to the stats we shoot for now boost trinkets like Unending Hunger and Warlord's Unseeing Eye into dominance? Does Reaper's Harvest get any consideration? Are old favorites like Empty Drinking Horn and Discordant Chorus no longer viable?

Also, are we still just going for optimal itemization and ilvl on armor pieces? or do we give the 4pc another look?

Tier 18 bonus is bueno now, so stick with that. For trinket choice Blood still has the distinction of being more survival or dps orientated. So for raw survival use Warlords Eye and Anzu's Plume. For dps you are correct, DC and EDH are the choice.  Again for prepatch of course. 

How about trinkets for someone seeking to enter HFC ? How good is Skull of War ilvl 725? I am gonna craft this for unholy, and was wondering since crit looks to be pretty good now as blood.

13 hours ago, Reptyl said:

How about trinkets for someone seeking to enter HFC ? How good is Skull of War ilvl 725? I am gonna craft this for unholy, and was wondering since crit looks to be pretty good now as blood.

For DPS tanking it'll do you alright, and okay for survival, crit is the 2nd most valuable stat because of parry, so skull is okay. Haste is a very valuable stat right now because our various rune regen methods got altered, so haste will keep you well fed with runes. So, some more appropriate ilvl trinkets might be vial of vile viscera which i believe drops of lfr kilrogg and then something like the battering talisman off of blackhand. Without High lvl gear I don't recommend dps tanking, i mean as a tank you have your own job, and tank dpsing being a priority typically doesn't rear its head until mythic progression. so focus on survival for now, and stack haste trinkets. 

1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

For DPS tanking it'll do you alright, and okay for survival, crit is the 2nd most valuable stat because of parry, so skull is okay. Haste is a very valuable stat right now because our various rune regen methods got altered, so haste will keep you well fed with runes. So, some more appropriate ilvl trinkets might be vial of vile viscera which i believe drops of lfr kilrogg and then something like the battering talisman off of blackhand. Without High lvl gear I don't recommend dps tanking, i mean as a tank you have your own job, and tank dpsing being a priority typically doesn't rear its head until mythic progression. so focus on survival for now, and stack haste trinkets. 

Thanks! But considering I need to obtain gear outside raids, is there any better alternatives? People simply won't accept me to raids, hardly even normal mode raids with 700 ilvl and I am desperate to return to raiding :)

59 minutes ago, Reptyl said:

Thanks! But considering I need to obtain gear outside raids, is there any better alternatives? People simply won't accept me to raids, hardly even normal mode raids with 700 ilvl and I am desperate to return to raiding :)

Chipped soul prism is a drop off of Kaz. That will be a good one for you, relatively easy to get and you can reroll for it with seals.

Then from there just stick with the skull of war you already have. Mythic dungeons offer some alternatives but that requires a group as well. Then you have drops in Tanann that are good but kinda low level. You might consider using an empowered apexis fragment to get a warforged trinket off of a baleful, the stats won't be exceptional but it would be good enough to start raiding with :)

I am having a similar issue, but in my case weapon.
I can live with Baleful Armor until Legion if I have to, but I have a green 640ish weapon and that is just not something I can work with.
Now my GF and I are able to run through most things, but where should I be focusing to equip my Blood DK at the 100 stage (and technically Unholy also since I alternate that for group raids).
Any help is appreciated.

Got 705 ilvl chipped soul prism, hoping a 720+ one drops next week ofc :) Does a baleful 695 trinket beat 725 skull of war for tanking?

DigitalAkrham I suggest you just craft a 2handed weapon and upgrade it twice with valor then. It's by far the highest ilvl you can get and since its from gold its very obtainable in a short amount of time, even if it means grinding the gold. :)

Edited by Reptyl

Alternatively, get a baleful weapon and upgrade it to 695 and then spend valor. Its not quite as good as a crafted one due to the lottery of stats on it but it wont cost you anything if your broke. 

The crafted one is the better choice ofc. Even a baleful 650 weapon will serve you better than your 640 one for now. 

Digital, both Shells and Reptyls responses were really good. Gearing up does require a bit of resources and it comes down to how you play. I used the garrisons a lot so I have a plethora of Apexis Crystals. So with the Tanann Dailies and the Garry I think the Baleful weapon would be quickest and least expensive depending on your professions. However, you can also craft/buy one and valor it up a bit. So, it just comes down to what resources you have at your disposal. Either path is more or less sufficient to get you going.

Though, for all newer tanks, just beware you may face some prejudice. We are in the pre patch phased of raiding. So groups are wanting to nuke down bosses and they are rather impatient with new comers. In addition they expect you to 100% know what you are doing. This isn't necessarily fair, many people could just now be getting to raiding but alas that's what happens. Now, if its LFR then no big worries. However, if attempting to get into Norm or higher you may want to do a little research first. Being undergeared to their expectation isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but not knowing mechanics might be. 

tldr: just be patient. not all groups are mean or elitist. most of them XD but not all :D

• Like 1

Where does Tyrant's Decree fit into the mix now?  The BA on it was replaced with Mastery and the Stam, now, might not be as bad as it once was now that the Blood Shield isn't as strong.

Thoughts?

18 hours ago, Khayven said:

Where does Tyrant's Decree fit into the mix now?  The BA on it was replaced with Mastery and the Stam, now, might not be as bad as it once was now that the Blood Shield isn't as strong.

Thoughts?

I'm going to say it went from garbage tier to okay tier :) . If you are having trouble reaching min stamina values it might be helpful. However, now, mastery is sort of low on our stat priority totem pole ( Shocking to me, this feels wrong). So, from higher progression perspective, its okay to use but I would look to replace it. Now of course, if we are just tackling normal or LFR, it's fine. If it's all you got, use it. Expect to replace it though :)

tldr, better than nothing, better than baleful, surpassed by many