FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Obak

Choice Energizing Elixir & Power Strikes

Hi guys,

I have kind of a hard question here. It's about the choice between the talent lvl45, and more importantly between Energizing Elixir and Power Strikes.

Now i know those two talents are pretty much worth. I tried them both, and both left me with different issues, for which i need some explanations.

For Energizing Elixir :

We all agree that to maximize it's effect, it's better to use it when you're out of Chi and Energy. The thing is, to be out of Chi AND Energy, you must've used all your spells, and so they are all on CD. So after using your Energizing Elixir, should you spam your Blackout Kick and loose the Combo stacks ? or use 1 Blackout Kick then 1 Tiger Palm to keep the stacks up even if you loose 1 Chi generation ? or just, what is the best thing to do after the Energizing Elixir ?

For Power Strikes :

For this i found something on the forum, but i don't know if it's worth. So, I sometimes had 2 chi and no Energy with Rising Sun Kick and Fists of Fury on CD, should i then use 2 Blackout Kicks and loose the combo stacks (coz' if i use only 1 kick i don't have enough Energy for a Tiger Palm after the GCD) ? or use 1 Blackout Kick and wait for the Energy for a Tiger Palm as i said before ? or (as i saw on the forum) use 1 Blackout Kick, tick once with the Crackling Thunder thing and Blackout again ?

There, i hope i made my point clear enough to understand and i'm sure others have the same "issue". It's more of a Theory Craft matter, but i think with the Mastery being so important and the stats increase with Legion coming, this may have an importance.

So. Generally when giving advice based on these two talents, I always recommend Power Strikes until someone is perfectly comfortable with Chi generation. Understanding Chi is simple enough, but thinking ahead 3-4+ moves and knowing how much Chi you will have is very different and directly impacts your use of the Elixir.

For Elixir, the reason it is so hard to use is because you NEVER want to break your combo unless it is 100% completely necessary. Do everything that you can to save your combo.

The advice apples to PS too. Hit combo is the most important thing to maintain. Use the crackling thunder to maintain it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

By Guest
      Hi guys, first of all im new here, secound. Im so lost...
      I've been searching though the web now, and i cant find anywhere that says about how to unlock this quest? My art' lvl is 70, and havnt got the quest yet. Also, i finished the achivement: Loremaster of legion
      Any tips? :)
    • By Magesquad
      Hoping to get some opinions here.  If I am not chaining and just fishing for procs:
      My Brain Freeze just procced.  BUT I have a FoF proc available.  I am already going to get the benefit of crit etc if I just cast the FoF Ice Lance and then Frost Bolt - Flurry - Ice Lance.
      Thoughts ??  Use up all the FoF procs THEN use the BF proc or just use the BF first?
      Thanks peeps! 
    • By lacriminal
      Hey dear fury friends,
      i always used Azshari Salad, as my buff food for the tempo buff. Now as mastery pulls ahead of haste in the stat weights, i asked myself whether i should just use the Nightborne Delicacy Platter for a flat mastery buff, while maintaining around ~27% Haste.

I read the guide from Archimtiros, and i think both buff foods are fine, but do u switch your buff food at a certain point? Or is it depending on the encounter (single target vs. multiple targets)?

Greetings lacriminal

• By SentientDreamer
      Hi all, long-time lurker, first time poster. So I'm a bit of a new 110 Paladin player and I've been interested in the reason why Justicar's Vengeance is only good for solo content. I've been using it in dungeons and it works like a charm. I'm a bit of a selfish DPS, but I've seen an increase in using it compared to the other two talents in this tier. The reason: Crusade.
      When I run my rotation and Crusade is ready, I build up 5 Holy Power the normal way and then after using Crusade, I use Justicar's Vengeance to spend it all. After that, I use Wake of Ashes for another 5 Holy Power and a second Justicar's Vengeance. At this point I have 10 stacks of the damage/haste buff and it's only taken a few seconds to do.

I don't really use any of the other talents, so I feel like it'd be a waste to choose them in this tier.