FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Magesquad

Blow Ice Lance Before you Flurry ?

Hoping to get some opinions here.  If I am not chaining and just fishing for procs:

My Brain Freeze just procced.  BUT I have a FoF proc available.  I am already going to get the benefit of crit etc if I just cast the FoF Ice Lance and then Frost Bolt - Flurry - Ice Lance.

Thoughts ??  Use up all the FoF procs THEN use the BF proc or just use the BF first?

Thanks peeps! 

If you are already casting Frostbolt, you should consume your Brain Freeze regardless of your Fingers of Frost proc. A wasted Brain Freeze proc is worse than a redundant Fingers of Frost proc

If you have a BF and FoF and are on global cooldown cause you just casted Ice Lance, Frozen Orb or Blizzard, you can consume your FoF procs before FB > Flurry > IL.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Archimage said:

If you are already casting Frostbolt, you should consume your Brain Freeze regardless of your Fingers of Frost proc. A wasted Brain Freeze proc is worse than a redundant Fingers of Frost proc

If you have a BF and FoF and are on global cooldown cause you just casted Ice Lance, Frozen Orb or Blizzard, you can consume your FoF procs before FB > Flurry > IL.

Exactly this - but one thing to add on the last bit. Ignore that if you know movement is coming in the next few seconds and you have 2+ procs, like if Garothi has you targeted for Decimator or the pools are about to spawn on Vari.

14 hours ago, Magesquad said:

LOL Well, I tried a couple pulls with holding the BF procs for FoF.  What a DPS loss.. Sheesh. Was embarrassing. 

Yeah, the fact that they're both procs on very regularly spells tricks people into thinking they have an equal contribution to damage. Reality is, Flurry is about 1.1:1 with IL on base damage alone, not including that IL + FB shatter damage in the BF. Flurry really is the big dog of Frost this expansion.

So im currently leveling and playing as frost mage because i enjoyed it once but it was on different faction and im usually also blowing FoF procs before i FB>BF>IL but im doing it because i have 11s on BF does that change when you get all your artifact traits because you ll probably get more frequent FoFs so you wont be able to blow em all of in time and then do FB into BF?

Edited by singularityx
mistake ive made on the spell names

On 01/04/2018 at 3:07 AM, singularityx said:

So im currently leveling and playing as frost mage because i enjoyed it once but it was on different faction and im usually also blowing FoF procs before i FB>BF>IL but im doing it because i have 11s on BF does that change when you get all your artifact traits because you ll probably get more frequent FoFs so you wont be able to blow em all of in time and then do FB into BF?

It's not so much to do with the time on BF, but more to do with the fact that you want to pump out as many Flurry combos as possible. You want to get back to casting Frostbolt as soon as you can after getting rid of FoF because you will get way more damage from the combo. This depends on a few things and, as we mention above, there are a few decision making processes that will let you know which to use, but to answer your question, no, there is no problem with your proc expiring (except in extreme cases with Frozen Orb and RNG).

So what does the optimal frost rotation look like then? If you proc BF and FoF at the same time, do you still expend the BF proc first? Seems like you'd be better off firing the FoF proc, then flurry and IL immediately after?

On 3/29/2018 at 12:50 AM, Magesquad said:

Please delete

Edited by Dayhdk
Please delete. Irrelevant/off topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kastaleepu
      Hi!
      I would like to ask somethng about ice lance and other procs aswell.
      To maximize dps, should you always try to get rid of Fingers of Frost procs with ice lances? And if you get flurry proc, do you want to get rid of ice lance procs before casting flurry + lance combo?
      I am not sure how much icicles and maximizing their damage output before dumping them affects your damage.
      Thank you
    • By Archimage
      A few questions on maximizing the gain from Flurry's Winter's Chill:
      It is recommended that you when you cast Frostbolt/Ebonbolt, immediately use Flurry and then cast Ice Lance.
      The travel time for Frostbolt/Ebonbolt is slower than Flurry, meaning your Flurry will hit the target before Frostbolt/Ebonbolt, letting  Frostbolt/Ebonbolt benefit from Flurry's Winter's Chill.
      My first question is:
      1. Is there a minimum distance for this to work? ~15 yards?
      There is also a instance where you can get 2 Ice Lances off from a Flurry when you have extreme haste stat.
      You do the normal Flurry follow-up with Ice Lance, but you move towards the target after casting your Flurry and cast another Ice Lance, letting the 2nd Ice Lance to hit before the Winter's Chill expires. Moving towards your target will reduce the amount of travel time for your Ice Lance's to hit the target.
      My second and third questions are:
      2. Is there a minimum distance to the target and minimum distance you need to move towards your target for this to work?
      3. What Haste % should you have for this to work?
    • By Obak
      Hi guys,

I have kind of a hard question here. It's about the choice between the talent lvl45, and more importantly between Energizing Elixir and Power Strikes.
      Now i know those two talents are pretty much worth. I tried them both, and both left me with different issues, for which i need some explanations.

For Energizing Elixir :
      We all agree that to maximize it's effect, it's better to use it when you're out of Chi and Energy. The thing is, to be out of Chi AND Energy, you must've used all your spells, and so they are all on CD. So after using your Energizing Elixir, should you spam your Blackout Kick and loose the Combo stacks ? or use 1 Blackout Kick then 1 Tiger Palm to keep the stacks up even if you loose 1 Chi generation ? or just, what is the best thing to do after the Energizing Elixir ?

For Power Strikes :
      For this i found something on the forum, but i don't know if it's worth. So, I sometimes had 2 chi and no Energy with Rising Sun Kick and Fists of Fury on CD, should i then use 2 Blackout Kicks and loose the combo stacks (coz' if i use only 1 kick i don't have enough Energy for a Tiger Palm after the GCD) ? or use 1 Blackout Kick and wait for the Energy for a Tiger Palm as i said before ? or (as i saw on the forum) use 1 Blackout Kick, tick once with the Crackling Thunder thing and Blackout again ?

There, i hope i made my point clear enough to understand and i'm sure others have the same "issue". It's more of a Theory Craft matter, but i think with the Mastery being so important and the stats increase with Legion coming, this may have an importance.
    • By tcreaglesclaw
      Hello everybody! I'm working on getting cards for the Shaman Legendary Malygos Combo deck here on Icy Veins (https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-shaman-malygos-combo-brm-deck) and also the staple Midrange Shaman cards like Defender of Argus and Dr. Boom. However, I don't have a lot of dust to craft legendaries and I don't want to make two expensive decks because it would take forever. The Malygos deck looks very fun to play but loses a lot because it sucks on board the entire game. I'd like to make it more consistent by making it more board-oriented, and that means running cards like haunted creeper, nerubian egg, flametongue totem, fire elemental, etc.

One of the few advantages of this hybrid is that your opponent would think that you're running a standard Shaman deck but then when turn 10 comes around you just yolo and otk 30 damage in one turn and scare your opponent and make them piss their pants. 

However, I'm not an expert like Sottle and I suck at deckbuilding, so I would like the community's help in putting together a consistent list that combines a standard Midrange Shaman deck with Malygos Shaman. I think this brew will be very interesting and fun to play, so I am looking forward to what you guys have to say. Thanks! 
    • By Unburdened
      Sorry if this has already been asked, but I recently switched to my rogue for raiding and I'm trying to catch up on everything.

Does blade Flurry copy the damage aspect of Killing Spree or just jump you around to different targets now? I haven't been able to find anything saying it does or doesn't, but maybe I just missed it somewhere.

Thanks.