FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ravenwhyte

Mistweaver stat rebalancing: Looking for reccomendations

I've been looking to increase my output for some time, I really enjoy playing my MW. I'm psyched to read about alternate stat weighting and can't wait to try it out. Krazyito - I looked up your Monk and I have a hard time understanding how <7k spirit will work at the level you're raiding at... if I understand what I'm reading, the crit ticks increase Mana Tea regen? In any event, I'll be messing around with my build before raiding this week.

I like using Askmrrobot (AMR) as it makes reforging/gemming/chanting easy, however I'm not clear what stat weights I should use as custom inputs for a high haste/high crit/low spirit build and still use AMR to increase my healing output (let's assume I can play the class for this exercise and I'm always open to pointers).

Here's a link with my usual reforging/gemming/chanting using AMR's standard PvE weighting (disclaimer: This was NOT done in Stance of the Fierce Tiger - just learned about that here):

Int = 1, Spell Power = .85, Spirit = .75, Haste (to 3145) - .6, Crit = .5, Mastery = .4, Haste (3145+) = .3

http://www.askmrrobo.../khadgar/teazen

Below's a link using some altered stats based on my ideas regarding a high haste, high crit, low spirit (6141 haste, higher crit % and lower spirit %) build:

Int = 1, Spell Power = .85, Crit = .75, Haste (to 6141) - .6, Spirit = .6, Haste (3145+) = .36, Mastery = .2

http://www.askmrrobo...14-9136d310bea9

I hope you're able to see the modified stats.

Any input on alternate weighting so I can amp up my results = I'm all ears and willing to invest to reforge/regem/rechant.

Thanks in advance,

Teazen

Edited by Ravenwhyte

One thing you should understand is that once you get the Legendary Meta Gem (LMG) and Horridons Last Grasp (any level), its so easy to play with no spirit.

When LMG procs it gives you 4 seconds of mana free spells. When you first learn to heal with that low mana you will need to learn to do this rotation when the gem procs: "Jab -> Tiger Palm -> Jab -> Tiger Palm". This will be your main way of regenerating mana, until you get to a point where you are comfortable enough with your playstyle that just doing basic spells and using the Mana Tea Glyph and then the proc gets used on basic spells as you heal.

Haste also helps increase the proc chance of your trinket and LMG, and then all the crit you can obtain after that, will increase your Mana Tea generation which in turn will help with your mana. I've also been playing around with the playstyle of not using monk_ability_cherrymanatea.jpgGlyph of Mana Tea. Takes a bit of getting use to but i find it really nice to just chug a ton of mana during Hymn of Hope or during some down time. The only time I don't see it very useful is when I have to constantly heal the whole fight and there isn't very much down time. You also need to consider that I raid with a 25 man. I usually always have a minimum of 2-3 Hymn of Hopes and 1 or 2 mana tide totems, along with 4-5 other healers to watch the raid. as I chug.

As for weights, I would just say keep messing with the Mr robot weights, and when you're ready put spirit below crit and haste while maintaining a haste breakpoint. (3145 or 6141)

• Like 1

Also, for Mr robot weights, know what you want. Look at the stats you get and try to curve it to what you want. Change it drastically and see what happens

Biggest thing to remember is that if int is double the weight of a secondary state, int will be prioritized because of stat distribution on gems

FOR MY REFERENCE: (Not necessarily yours) These are the most recent weights I found for my 6141 haste build with high crit. If you (or anyone else reading this) wants to use this feel free to try it out.

Posted Image

And now that I finally decided on these weights, I plugged in the 9k haste breakpoint and am content with the amount of crit ill still have, so I'll probably go for that.

Hey there! I am at a funny point in my gear and i have been playing with AMR for a little bit, i have been keeping my spirit at around 10k since i do not have the LMG or horridons yet, but my I level is right at 500!

I have been using 6141 as my Haste break point and i have been performing very well in LFRs while i wait for my guild to finish gearing up for entry into ten man normals.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Impatience/advanced

i guess my question is this at what ilevel should i strive for more haste? should i just keep on with my current plan until i get my trinket?

i feel very comfortable in LFR and tend to be in the top 3 at all times as far as total healing done, should i change anything when my guild is ready for 10 man normals? we will more than likely 3 heal but the possibility of 2 healing is there as well.

i guess what i would really like to know is with my current gear level what comes next?

For your current gear, just focus on gaining more crit and less spirit.

I would say, when you can maintain about 6k+ crit while reaching the 9158 breakpoint.

For me, I didn't like having 6k crit with 9k haste. Felt like I was gimping my crit, but after posting in this thread I found that I could keep 10k crit with the 9k breakpoint and decided it was satisfactory. I also chose Crit > int, which helped with the matter, but you may think otherwise. It's a playstyle choice.

If you want int to be prioritized in gemming, change the above weighs to double that of haste (4) and it should work.

Thanks so much for your replies and insights; I'm looking forward to trying them out. I don't have the LMG yet, but am grinding my way there. This has been super helpful.

Edited by Ravenwhyte

i guess what i would really like to know is with my current gear level what comes next?

I would stick at the 6141 cap, or perhaps even revert back a haste cap and stack as much crit as possible. Also notably 10m is alot less forgiving on mana regen than 25. So 25m MW builds are not really interchangeable with 10m builds.

Also thought I would add with what im running with at the moment:

6141 haste

7k spirit

Int > crit > mast.

I have also assumed 1 int > 2 crit/haste/sprit- Basically optimising all of my gear for the greatest amount of int possible. Then reforging around my int gems!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Apathetic/advanced

Anyone tried anything similar?

The reason I went with crit > int in regards to gems is because the only thing that Int can affect that crit will not is Revival and Life Cocoon. I had a pure int build before but then revival got the buff in 25 man so i decided the extra int for those two abilities was not worth it when I could just be crititng much more and gaining more mana tea stacks.

The reason I went with crit > int in regards to gems is because the only thing that Int can affect that crit will not is Revival and Life Cocoon. I had a pure int build before but then revival got the buff in 25 man so i decided the extra int for those two abilities was not worth it when I could just be crititng much more and gaining more mana tea stacks.

But Im not sure you need more tea stacks- to sustain your base rotation requires little mana. Any mana surplus is only beneficial to cast additional emergency heals. Thus unless your having mana problems your relying on crit to give more throughput than int, which Im not really sure it does.

The extra stacks of tea are a side effect. IMO, I feel crit scales much better than int and more crits will equal more overall healing. I've seen a couple top players go with a full crit, full int, and a mix of the two. It's choice you make depending what you think is best.

You should also take into account that I am progressing in 25 man heroics where each progression fight has a ton of raid wide damage, and any crit could mean the difference between saving someone or having them die.

Of course, it means more overhealing as well, but that is extra healing I gained for free anyway from the stat. Not necessarily wasted and by having such a high crit chance, the probability that I get a crit when its needed is much higher.