FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Changes and Notes as of 7/10

Demo strat is maintain 250k DPS and kill in 80-90 seconds. I pull aggro off of my Wrathguard and when Warbringer gets to me, I use Gateway. Warbringer sits on Wrathguard until debuff wears off then he comes back to me, rinse and repeat. The Spirits don't even bother me.

Now that has me thinking...is the 15-60 second a permanent fade debuff, too?! This could be HUGE because you could take it before a fight and enjoy 60 seconds of no threat pulling. WOW.

Waaaaaaait what about soul leech?! I dont think I read that part...

OK I have read that properly now.

WHAT?!

Posted Image

Seriously. 500k+ shields?

Edited by Kaboozey

But I like being that guy going 'healers, ignore me.' In hindsight, yeah, a bit OP. I can think of lots of situations where Soul Leech did unintended effects...to the tune of "You Might Be a Redneck"

Heroic Jin'rokh - if you got dispelled and took 0 of the 450,000 intended damage, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Horridon - if you took 0 of the 300,000 intended damage from Dire Call, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Council - if you called out to take the stacks of the passable debuff for the rest of the fight just because you could, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Tortos - if you didn't need to use the Crystal Shell buff intended to be necessary for the entire fight, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Megaera - if you were always the last one standing due to Megaera Rampage wipes, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Ji'kun - if you laughed when Quills was ripping other players apart, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Durumu - if Life Drain ticked on you and did zero damage and zero healing to Durumu, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Primordius - if you thought stacking to mitigate damage was for chumps, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Dark Animus - if you always took Matter Swap because you couldn't die, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Iron Qon - if you laughed during P4 Fist Pound attack because it did nothing to you, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Twins - if you could eat 2-3 ticks of the Volcano attack and laugh at watching your teammates get wrecked, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Lei Shen - if you could eat Static Shock without a CD, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Ra-den - if Ruin felt undertuned, you might be overpowered.

• Like 3

i actually just thought of something else...drain soul...

That technically is our filler under 20% and most likely at that point of a fight there is more movement than ever...that kinda will screw us

I guess they felt to keep things in balance we should not be able to do full dps during execute if needed to move.. and I kinda agree. If you absolutely HAVE to move during execute, you can channel MG while you do without significant dps loss.

But I like being that guy going 'healers, ignore me.' In hindsight, yeah, a bit OP. I can think of lots of situations where Soul Leech did unintended effects...to the tune of "You Might Be a Redneck

Rofl.. The funny thing is... NONE of that is an exaggeration!

I guess they felt to keep things in balance we should not be able to do full dps during execute if needed to move.. and I kinda agree. If you absolutely HAVE to move during execute, you can channel MG while you do without significant dps loss.

Relatively speaking, the amount of DPS you do between MG and DS is pretty significant, especially if they go through with reducing the damage on MG and rolling it into the DoT's. You're missing out on damage and extra Soul Shards. It depends on how much you have to move obviously, but it still sucks to not be able to move and make the most out of your execute mechanic.

Edited by Omaric

But I like being that guy going 'healers, ignore me.' In hindsight, yeah, a bit OP. I can think of lots of situations where Soul Leech did unintended effects...to the tune of "You Might Be a Redneck"

Heroic Jin'rokh - if you got dispelled and took 0 of the 450,000 intended damage, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Horridon - if you took 0 of the 300,000 intended damage from Dire Call, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Council - if you called out to take the stacks of the passable debuff for the rest of the fight just because you could, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Tortos - if you didn't need to use the Crystal Shell buff intended to be necessary for the entire fight, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Megaera - if you were always the last one standing due to Megaera Rampage wipes, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Ji'kun - if you laughed when Quills was ripping other players apart, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Durumu - if Life Drain ticked on you and did zero damage and zero healing to Durumu, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Primordius - if you thought stacking to mitigate damage was for chumps, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Dark Animus - if you always took Matter Swap because you couldn't die, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Iron Qon - if you laughed during P4 Fist Pound attack because it did nothing to you, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Twins - if you could eat 2-3 ticks of the Volcano attack and laugh at watching your teammates get wrecked, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Lei Shen - if you could eat Static Shock without a CD, you might be overpowered.

Heroic Ra-den - if Ruin felt undertuned, you might be overpowered.

But but but but 100% to 15% it's mean :(

I say 35% would be okay.

Soul Leech is OP regardless of the percentage. And it scales with your max HP. WHO'S LAUGHING AT ME FOR MY STAM/MASTERY GEMS NOW, HUH?

Anyways, it effectively, even when it doesn't stack, shaves a portion of each incoming damage spell. It's like having your own personal Discipline Priest who has no CD on his/her PW:S. It's effect multiplies in OPness (HAHAHAH I said that word outloud) when you have fights where you take no damage for a bit and then take a big spike. It needs brought down...15% is still pretty awesome. At 544 ilvl, I'm at 640k HP, so 15% is still a 96k shield. Since it comes from 10% of damage done, a 500k Chaos Bolt will instantly apply a 50k shield. Follow it with a couple of Incinerates and you're capped.

Soul Leech is OP regardless of the percentage. And it scales with your max HP. WHO'S LAUGHING AT ME FOR MY STAM/MASTERY GEMS NOW, HUH?

Anyways, it effectively, even when it doesn't stack, shaves a portion of each incoming damage spell. It's like having your own personal Discipline Priest who has no CD on his/her PW:S. It's effect multiplies in OPness (HAHAHAH I said that word outloud) when you have fights where you take no damage for a bit and then take a big spike. It needs brought down...15% is still pretty awesome. At 544 ilvl, I'm at 640k HP, so 15% is still a 96k shield. Since it comes from 10% of damage done, a 500k Chaos Bolt will instantly apply a 50k shield. Follow it with a couple of Incinerates and you're capped.

In a fight where there is constant raid damage going out, we won't feel a thing. On fights where we're allowed to pool to stupid numbers like Megaera, yeah, it hurts a bit. Being mortal isn't fun. But you know, if things start going well, I might be showing them my OPness.

Edited by Omaric

It seems blizz dosnt understand why all the locks are QQing. We want passive movespeed that allows us to use any of our three specs for a given fight based on the fight's requirements, not based on how much movement there is. If when 5.4 comes and we have yet another CD to worry about that gives us movement while casting for half a second with a CD that dosnt line up with any fight machanic in the new raid, then we are going to be forced into demo for some fights, affli for others with our new and "improved" fel flame and destru will just cry in a corner, alone and untouched, almost like every other tier this expantion.

I know this has already been said but, if we are apprently OP, its really not our level 90 talents that are doing that for us.

IF ANYTHING i'm going to agree with it's about managing another CD.. i have never played a class that has as much to do as we do... They need to lay off...

Set bonuses:

There will be a right way to use soulfire, shadowbolt, and toc, period.

They are both still significant gains, and paper math can't account for pooling charges to interact with 4pc.

Destruction 2pc is now the single most worthless piece of shit in the entire game, and the 4pc is meh at best.

Affli 2pc is still broken and they don't seem to realize that, GG idiots at blizzard.

Touching on the 'warlock survivability op nerf plx' bullshit:

Warlocks don't have an immunity

Warlocks have one baseline mobility spell, and its just a ghetto blink with a much longer cd and tied to a single location

Warlocks only real utility to a raid are gateway and healthstones

The devs themselves have said the only reason to bring a warlock is because they do good damage AND TAKE LESS DAMAGE

5.4 changes:

Nerfed gateway

Nerfed survivability

Why bring a warlock over a mage when they do more dps, have an immunity, are more mobile no matter how much they want to bitch about it, scale infinitely better into next tier, and bring time warp (which can be crucial to 10 mans)?

Short answer, aoe is the only thing that warlocks have on any spec in the game now, the only thing.

As of right now on the PTR, Shadowflame doesn't stack past 2. The set bonus HoG only refreshed my 2 stack Shadowflame.

5.4 changes:

Nerfed gateway

Nerfed survivability

Why bring a warlock over a mage when they do more dps, have an immunity, are more mobile no matter how much they want to bitch about it, scale infinitely better into next tier, and bring time warp (which can be crucial to 10 mans)?

Short answer, aoe is the only thing that warlocks have on any spec in the game now, the only thing.

Stop being so whiny! <3

We still have Sac Pact, which will currently remain OP for survival as our health continues to scale. Unless you're hyper gaming your gateway on each fight, then the 1 minute CD will suffice your raid. Healthstones aren't going anywhere. I believe we're still more survivable than mages with competitive damage.

We still have Sac Pact, which will currently remain OP for survival as our health continues to scale.

Dont give blizz anymore ideas about where are surviabilty comes from xD