FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Changes and Notes as of 7/10

As of right now on the PTR, Shadowflame doesn't stack past 2. The set bonus HoG only refreshed my 2 stack Shadowflame.

So much for my wet dreams of stacking HoG like a madman.

They lowered the shadowflame cap to 2 and reduced proc rate to 8%, effectively making the set bonus in line with others, no longer op, but still hilarious on aoe (GG nerfing void ray blizz-tards).

Side note: Could be a bug, but as of right now on the ptr I can't get meta soulfire to proc the 2pc at all, only caster form soulfire is proccing it. Dunno if intended to force demo into a boring model or bugged :/.

Affli set bonus cut in half: still op as fucking hell.

Destro set bonus: LOLWUT YOU ADDED A CRIT REQUIREMENT TO THE CONFLAG? USHITTING ME BLIZZ?

Number adjustments are coming soon. They first and second iterations of set bonuses were way over the 2-4% they like set bonuses providing. After they get a feel for that, they'll adjust spells (Remember our Demonology buff?) to bring things into sync. Just don't be surprised if it takes a week or two to get a hotfix in there...

I've been curious since the talk of Rain of Fire generating less embers... Is ember generation being buffed elsewhere to compensate, or was RoF generation previously classed as 'bonus' generation, and something we'll have to do without in the future?

I didn't mind keeping a good uptime on the spell, brought a bit of variety to an otherwise no-brainer rotation.

(I'm referring to single target here, I assume it'll still be effective for generating embers in a multimob situation)

Edited by dirkusbirkus

They haven't done number balancing yet. Destruction is a bit behind Affliction and Demonology now with better gear, so we will see adjustments. Hopefully they are Destro buffs and not Aff/Demo nerfs.

Rain of Fire was never intended as a single target spell. Because of the generation of Embers, it became a staple part of your rotation which was clumsy and irritating to maintain. If they do increase the Ember generation somewhere else, my money is on some sort of critical hit effect, much like what the T15 set bonus already does.

Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17124

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)

Talents

Kil'jaeden's Cunning You can cast and channel while moving for 10 sec. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent. Instant. 60 sec cooldown. Malefic Grasp, Incinerate and Shadow Bolt while moving. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent. 60 sec cooldown.

Yet another change to KJC.

Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17124

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)

Talents

Kil'jaeden's Cunning You can cast and channel while moving for 10 sec. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent. Instant. 60 sec cooldown. Malefic Grasp, Incinerate and Shadow Bolt while moving. Warlock - LvL 90 Talent. 60 sec cooldown.

Yet another change to KJC.

When the text is red that means they're removing that part of the spell. Tooltips are still being adjusted. Nothing has changed since they announced that each spec's filler spells will be castable while moving with KJC passively.

Kind of reminds me of the 5.3 (I think) notes that made it look like a bunch of spells were getting nerfed when tooltips were simply being updated.

I generally ignore patch notes (except for the purpose of giving feedback) until closer to patch day and it keeps me from having an aneurysm about the nerf/buff carousel. I'd actually take more information on the T16 Demo 2pc (HOW LONG DOES THE 20 PERCENT LAST?!?!) from a tooltip update since RL is a buzzkill that keeps me from poring over stuff on PTR.

T16 Demo 2pc bonus procs a buff called Fiery Wrath and lasts 10 seconds. Currently its bugged, doesn't proc from Meta Soulfire.

This is why I don't play on the PTR...too many build ups and let downs. Then things you KNOW aren't going to work. I just sit by anxious waiting for real stuff to start pounding out viable ways to use it and build it in. I'm currently quite pleased with Mannoroth's Fury and Kil'Jaden's Cunning. I think they both went into a very positive direction.

• Like 1

T16 Demo 2pc bonus procs a buff called Fiery Wrath and lasts 10 seconds. Currently its bugged, doesn't proc from Meta Soulfire.

Should be 15sec D:

Notable Nightfall change coming through PTR:

Nightfall Gives your Corruption spell a 5% chance Your most recently applied Corruption has a 10% chance when it deals damage to cause you to regain a Soul Shard. Warlock - Affliction Spec.

So..... what if your most recently applied Corruption happens to be on 10 mobs from SoC? :P

Clearly a buff to single-target, especially if running high haste, but is multi-target too high? o_O

Also appears to be a change to Soul Swap.

New - You copy your Shadow damage-over-time effects from the target. preserving their power and duration. For 6 sec afterwards, the next target you cast Soul Swap: Exhale on will be afflicted by the copied Shadow damage-over-time effects.

Current - You instantly deal [ 534 + 50% of Spell Power ] damage, and remove your Shadow damage-over-time effects from the target. For 20 sec afterwards, the next target you cast Soul Swap: Exhale on will be afflicted by the Shadow damage-over-time effects and suffer [ 534 + 50% of Spell Power ] damage.

Seed of Corruption was not buffed or nerfed. It just removed the damage requirement to proc it. This was likely because SP scaling got out of control and the damage needed to proc it was too high to spam Seed. Now it's spammable again.

Soul Swap change is a pretty hefty nerf. This came because people were abusing the snapshot. This will also be a pretty hefty smack in PvP as you won't be able to Inhale DoTs with 3 seconds and exhale DoTs with full duration. Rather petty change in PvE as you would be using Soulburn to apply DoTs if you were serious about it anyways.

I'm worried that the Nightfall change is a nerf. Perhaps with all the multi-dotting, they felt Soul Shard generation was too high. Now, it will likely only pull from one singular Corruption spell for a chance to proc. They minimized the effect by buffing the proc rate, but in AoE situations, this will be a rather large nerf. For single target, you'll have higher Soul Shard generation.

Yeah I'm not sure what their direction is for inhale/exhale. The most use I'm seeing now is a mob about to die with a strong Agony running. Put that on the next mob and continue with a 10 stack of it. Otherwise, seems pretty dull.

I think SoC it's a Tooltip Correction because at 5.2 I noticed that SoC could be easily spammable.

Btw, Affliction huge nerf in Multi-target fights and a bit of buff at Single-target.

Edited by JvChequer

Seed of Corruption was not buffed or nerfed. It just removed the damage requirement to proc it. This was likely because SP scaling got out of control and the damage needed to proc it was too high to spam Seed. Now it's spammable again.

Soul Swap change is a pretty hefty nerf. This came because people were abusing the snapshot. This will also be a pretty hefty smack in PvP as you won't be able to Inhale DoTs with 3 seconds and exhale DoTs with full duration. Rather petty change in PvE as you would be using Soulburn to apply DoTs if you were serious about it anyways.

I'm worried that the Nightfall change is a nerf. Perhaps with all the multi-dotting, they felt Soul Shard generation was too high. Now, it will likely only pull from one singular Corruption spell for a chance to proc. They minimized the effect by buffing the proc rate, but in AoE situations, this will be a rather large nerf. For single target, you'll have higher Soul Shard generation.

im glad you cleared up the Soul Swap thing. I had a mini panic shit but wasnt even thinking that was a non soulburn thing. As for the nightfall proc thing...as if Affliction AOE wasnt dogshit enough already lol.

i guess no one will play destruction next patch. every patch they force us to change spec. i remember at 5.1 destro was so weak everyone

changed to aff when it was good. then 5.2 came and again destro was the best.. now demo... phh

i recently started to develop my demo skills and think i will stay demo. or should i consider affliction too?

i guess no one will play destruction next patch. every patch they force us to change spec. i remember at 5.1 destro was so weak everyone

changed to aff when it was good. then 5.2 came and again destro was the best.. now demo... phh

i recently started to develop my demo skills and think i will stay demo. or should i consider affliction too?

I would get good at every spec.

as a damage only class being able to switch between them all is key to being a great lock.

Hi everyone! first time poster , long time lurker.

a very big +1 to this , as a warlock and as a pure dps i feel it's my duty to be able to perform very well with all my specs , i generally switch between all 3 depending which one is the best. recently i just gave up destro since i can do whatever i do as destro as affliction and perform just as good , i'm mainly a demo lock after 5.2 tho.