FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

And yet he still manages a bunch of soulfires after that.

You don't have to believe me, but it worked fine for me. Anyway, take a stopwatch and time it (might aswell use the blood legion kill). My intervals were all above 2 seconds. Even the ones at 25+ stacks.

Heroic Norushen is a joke now.  It's normal mode with a semi-tight enrage timer.  World of Logs is showing something bizarre...not going to mention it here for fear of it being a bug that can be hot fixed.  Hoping to let others get the heroic kill in before fixing. 

Heroic Sha of Pride is pretty simplistic once you get the rhythmic timing down.  Heroic Norushen took us one attempt.  Sha took us 9.  We're now 4/14H.  Working on Galakras tonight.

You don't have to believe me, but it worked fine for me. Anyway, take a stopwatch and time it (might aswell use the blood legion kill). My intervals were all above 2 seconds. Even the ones at 25+ stacks.

Did he use Unending Resolve? 8 seconds of non-interruptable casts.

Heroic Norushen is a joke now.  It's normal mode with a semi-tight enrage timer.  World of Logs is showing something bizarre...not going to mention it here for fear of it being a bug that can be hot fixed.  Hoping to let others get the heroic kill in before fixing. 

Heroic Sha of Pride is pretty simplistic once you get the rhythmic timing down.  Heroic Norushen took us one attempt.  Sha took us 9.  We're now 4/14H.  Working on Galakras tonight.

And people were worried/skipping him/extending to not have to do him, lol. We actually had to send people down like normal as intended...darn.

Yeah, Sha is pretty scripted. The only RNG is who gets imprisoned, sent to Pac Man and where the rifts actually spawn.

Edited by Rakupenda

If this was a game show, this is when our host would hand you a nice can of turtle wax, thank you for coming, and pat you on the head.

If you look closely at the Spark video, from about 25 stacks + he rarely gets the SF off. He's moving or stop casting it at the very end almost every time because the interrupt is going out. He keeps trying to get the SF off for the 2pc proc because if he times it right he can get it off but only just. This is with 1.5 second cast times btw.

Even without this, just by looking at the video you can plainly see that it goes off well below the 2 second mark once he's at 20+ stacks.

You're simply wrong. No way around it.

• Like 2

Did he use Unending Resolve? 8 seconds of non-interruptable casts.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! 

This is absolutely correct and what happened.

• Like 1

What spec are you guys for H Sha? I was playing aff for a few attempts, but decided to try destro for the last 2 attempts and it felt much better.

Also, as a Raid leader I wasn't very prepared for the fight last night (didn't expect norushen to die in 4 attempts). How much priority are you guys putting on rift soaking? We were getting overwhelmed last night trying to grab every one (10 man). But after watching videos lots of guilds only end up soaking about 60% of them.

Also also, how are you guys handling positioning in 10m? It's so hard to cover such a large room with 10 people.

Devo aura can also be used for uninterrupted spellcasting

You take Supremacy for most fights, and a few you mention imp, and the observer but than for most you just say Supremacy, does it not matter which pet to take for those than? or we still using the observer for most fights?

Also, as a Raid leader I wasn't very prepared for the fight last night (didn't expect norushen to die in 4 attempts). How much priority are you guys putting on rift soaking? We were getting overwhelmed last night trying to grab every one (10 man). But after watching videos lots of guilds only end up soaking about 60% of them.

Also also, how are you guys handling positioning in 10m? It's so hard to cover such a large room with 10 people.

If you don't have a debuff you should be soaking a rift. Debuff lasts a minute, so 10 rifts can be soaked per minute. The raid mainly on one half of the room (on the square area) to be close for healing/dispels. We send everyone to soak the rifts right after prisons (as the large add/s are coming out). The faster moving people (gateways) should head to the unused prison areas.

The problem only compounds if you slack on soaking rifts. The more are up, the more people have to move to avoid them.

You take Supremacy for most fights, and a few you mention imp, and the observer but than for most you just say Supremacy, does it not matter which pet to take for those than? or we still using the observer for most fights?

There difference is minimal.

I use imp for the free 20% hp hot (especially on high raid damage fights like Siege or Malkorok) and faster target switching.

Observer for fights with interrupts or largely single target with little damage. Paragons comes to mind after the Blood-spawning guy dies. Dark Shamans since they're moving large distances which the imp would have to move for.

And then if you're Demo, Supremacy Wrathguard vs Service with Dual Felguards.

Edited by Rakupenda

What spec are you guys for H Sha? I was playing aff for a few attempts, but decided to try destro for the last 2 attempts and it felt much better.

I ran Destruction with Supremacy Imp.  The Imp's Singe Magic is the unkept secret of this fight.  His Singe Magic cleanses 3 DoTs and gives no one any Pride.  I was having my healers call out who had the DoT and they basically never worried about it.  Unbound Will is also a great choice to use to remove the debuff.

Destruction specializes in bursting...and that big add in the back and Corrupted Crystal are no exceptions.  I always used Havoc + CB on the adds and they melted.  My Hunter was heard last night "I'll get the 2nd interrupt...or not, cuz it just died."  Chaos Bolt OWNS.  I wasn't using Rain of Fire on the Reflections because our tank was getting aggro on them in a weird way, but next week, I'll be getting it set up. 

Rift soaking is a must at all times AS LONG AS YOURE NOT AT 20, 45, or 70 Pride AND SWELLING PRIDE IS COMING.  You will get your butthole pushed in if you try to stop a rift around that time.  Also, don't do it at 20, 45, or 70 so you don't push the next threshold of Pride.

Positioning = tanks near the tank prison, raid stacks on boss's ass until first Gift of Titans is out, then all spread.  Everyone spreads except for 3 people with Gift...they stack, then spread.  People just need to learn the rhythm.  Close Rifts -> Corrupted Crystal (pacman phase) -> Prisons -> Big Add -> Swelling Pride -> Reflections repeat. 

Devo aura can also be used for uninterrupted spellcasting

Correct.  We have no Paladins, but our DK tank is swapping to a Prot Pally (HOORAY PASSIVE HEALING, BOPS, DEVO AURA, etc). 

Observer is good if you need an interrupt.  The problem is he is melee and has travel time during target switching.  The Imp is a spinning turret of doom, so take him anytime you have target switching.  The Imps' Singe Magic and Cauterize abilities are VASTLY underrated and under-utilized.  Get to learn the sassy little dude.

If you don't have a debuff you should be soaking a rift. Debuff lasts a minute, so 10 rifts can be soaked per minute. The raid mainly on one half of the room (on the square area) to be close for healing/dispels. We send everyone to soak the rifts right after prisons (as the large add/s are coming out). The faster moving people (gateways) should head to the unused prison areas.

The problem only compounds if you slack on soaking rifts. The more are up, the more people have to move to avoid them.

Must watch soaking rifts with Corruption level.  You don't need to soak all of them...just most of them.  The raid should be able to avoid the splashes with 5-6 rifts up, but any more than that is chaos.  Try to close as many rifts as possible before 30% reset so you can ignore in burn phase.

There difference is minimal.

I use imp for the free 20% hp hot (especially on high raid damage fights like Siege or Malkorok) and faster target switching.

Observer for fights with interrupts or largely single target with little damage. Paragons comes to mind after the Blood-spawning guy dies. Dark Shamans since they're moving large distances which the imp would have to move for.

And then if you're Demo, Supremacy Wrathguard vs Service with Dual Felguards.

Don't forget Singe Magic =)  It's AWESOME.  For high movement, the Imp also has an ability called "Flee" which frees all roots, CC, etc and brings him right to your feet.  Your Imp dying is your fault, not his. 

Basically the TL;DR of these posts = learn your Imp.  He doesn't just shoot Fireballs.  He has a TON of utility DYING to be used in heroics.

I forgot to mention his AoE dispel. Are you sure it doesn't give corruption? I could've sworn I saw my corruption uptick by five when I tried it out without Titans. I'll have to try it out again next week. I've been waiting till I get titans to dispel because of that (now possible) miss-view.

I was just thinking about flee after I posted. Sticking him directly under Malkorok when we stack so he doesn't dip to 10% from Soul Link. Dragging him to the center of Shamans kite path every now and then.

The only thing I wish it could do is dispel me (like the normal imp), and the hit the additional two targets in a radius around the target it dispels rather than the AoE ground effect.

Dunno why I still bother, but it's fun :b

http://youtu.be/Yv5jnLH2VoY?t=1m for a minute there, no unending resolve, no devotion aura, successful casts of soulfire even above 25 stacks.

Who knows, maybe Sparks and me are just getting different Thok than anyone else? Silly dinos

Not gonna lie, I'm absolutely terrible at pet management, but singe magic sounds like a winner if it does t give pride. Thanks for the tips

Sear Magic does give Pride, even if you have Gift. Tried it today.

Are you sure even with gift? That debuff prevents pride increases. NOT the one that gives the 15% buff (with the Power Infusion icon) that you need to have all the ones with Titan to be stacked to receive. The one you get regardless of stacking.

Edited by Rakupenda

Yes, unfortunately I'm very sure... My healers would've loved me if this worked, but I tried both with and without the Gift debuff and still got 10-15 Corruption depending on dispels.

Updating stuff for hotfixes today.

Destruction is #1 single target INCLUDING SET BONUSES. That means that before t16 set bonuses destruction is a decent bit ahead. Affliction is close behind though, demo trails in the back by a large 15k gap (~5%).

Unerring is 5k ahead of other normal mode trinkets single target, and can't compete with any heroic trinkets from SoO. Plus it is generally just awful to use now, I'd recommend no one touching that trinket ever.

Destruction is #1 single target INCLUDING SET BONUSES. That means that before t16 set bonuses destruction is a decent bit ahead. Affliction is close behind though, demo trails in the back by a large 15k gap (~5%).

Unerring is 5k ahead of other normal mode trinkets single target, and can't compete with any heroic trinkets from SoO. Plus it is generally just awful to use now, I'd recommend no one touching that trinket ever.

stupid question but is this in a sim? or real fight value?

And is the ranking now something like:

1 target = destro, 2 targets or more long lasting =  affli, many fast dying = demo? 

I have a really hard time believing this. Can you expand? Is this purely sim and has no real world value? What stat priority are you using?

I have a really hard time believing this. Can you expand? Is this purely sim and has no real world value? What stat priority are you using?

I have my doubts too, based on real world of logs destro sounds lackluster at ST.

Edited by JvChequer

Thok: Glyph of Unending Resolve to reduce cooldown of your 8 seconds without interrupts to 2 minutes, which should align nicely with the stack phases. Know when Devotion Auras are are used track it/them so you can weave your UR in non-overlapping places for more casting time.

I'm removing my recommendation for KJC on any of the first 11 fights for Aff and instead say use Dual Dark Soul. The extra mini-heroism is incredible and with the ability to use them more flexibly so that when there are lengthy periods of standstill or very little movement you can fully utilize them. Use that Fel Flame a little more and plan your movements better like the old days.

It's hard to quantify the DPS gain from casting MG on the move vs popping an instant Fel Flame once or twice as you move to a a safe zone. I think I'll try making a spreadsheet later.

Edited by Rakupenda

I was destro and took GoSac for H Sha and used imp. I noticed NO pride gains when dispelling myself. GoSac was used with Sac Pact because I could negate all damage from Swelling Pride and still have enough absorb left over to soak a rift with no damage when using Shadow Ward.

Galakras i also recommend the portal cd reduction glyph. Was very helpful. I ran observer and GoSup, but in hindsight if you're on tower duty I would do GoSac just because your pet runs around like a moron all fight and wastes a lot of dps time. Unless you don't need the interrupts, then I suppose imp+flee is an option.