FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

Hi Fellow warlocks, I have some questions for you smile.png

1) I think I read somewhere that some locks, mostly destro having the PBoI, switched back from the legendary meta gem to the burning metagem (+3% crit damage). Can anyone confirm or is that my imagination?

2) Is 543 yulon's bite actually less valuable than a 530 Breath of the Hydra for DEMO/DESTRO?

3) I'm destro os demo, do you think the following stat prio would be correct: haste till 8094 > mastery > crit >> haste above 8094?

thks:)

I'm currently Destruction/Demonology as well.

1)  I'm still rolling with the legendary meta gem.

2)  Yes, use Breath.

3)  I'm going with mastery > crit >>> haste for both specs.  The legendary meta gem and berserking will fill in the extra occasional haste that I want.

I'm currently Destruction/Demonology as well.

Your signature says you're running Affi/Demo

h1cS9WR.png

(I assumed this updated with your armory)

Edited by Rakupenda

Nah it's just an outdated .JPG, BUT I SHALL AMUSE YOU WITH CHANGE!

Also though, the top right icons only show your class and current spec.

Nah it's just an outdated .JPG, BUT I SHALL AMUSE YOU WITH CHANGE!

Also though, the top right icons only show your class and current spec.

Which is the class icon? The hand? Then it still showed you with Affi, lol

Edited by Rakupenda

Hi Fellow warlocks, I have some questions for you smile.png

1) I think I read somewhere that some locks, mostly destro having the PBoI, switched back from the legendary meta gem to the burning metagem (+3% crit damage). Can anyone confirm or is that my imagination?

2) Is 543 yulon's bite actually less valuable than a 530 Breath of the Hydra for DEMO/DESTRO?

3) I'm destro os demo, do you think the following stat prio would be correct: haste till 8094 > mastery > crit >> haste above 8094?

thks:)

1) Sure, but I think they're foolish.  Tempus Repit can be valuable.  If they're sticking with a Haste build instead of Mastery > Crit, then it may be an option for them.  The difference should be small.

2) Difference between those two trinkets is small, but I still give Breath the edge.  You care about trinket procs and uptime.  Yu'lon's bite has an ICD which typically means you'll have fewer procs.  Breath will often proc 3x as much as Yu'lon's Bite.  Just hope you get a better trinket soon...both of those are rather cruddy.

3) What fights are you playing Demo that you can't play Destruction?  Thok I can understand, but what others?  Haste is rubbish for Destruction, so you're claiming to be MS Destruction but making your reforge as if you're MS Demo.

1) Well, I though +3% crit damage was more valuable for a mastery/crit heavy, especially with the other +8% from PBI… Bah, I’ll check if I get a new helm J

2) Isn’t the proc of YB kinda the same as PBI, allowing to stack them as well as DS for super duper CB ? or is 15% chance / 115s ICD a little too random? Or is BotH better as more proc means better control/regulation on the embers if BotH proc = spam CB?

3) AAAHH, you got a good point there. Actually using demo for

- Fallen protectors

-Sha of pride (aoe burst using void ray as well kinda rocks the reflection)

-Iron Juggernaut (if I got to side soak crawler mines)

(PS : my guild is at 10/14 normal)

I was for now MS demo OS destro (got confused yesterday), but at the end of the day, it’s true that I spend more and more time in destro so might as well dump haste and go mastery> crit >>>>> haste…

PS = Should have created a new thread actually:p

Edited by Calenthaurin

1) Well, I though +3% crit damage was more valuable for a mastery/crit heavy, especially with the other +8% from PBI… Bah, I’ll check if I get a new helm J

2) Isn’t the proc of YB kinda the same as PBI, allowing to stack them as well as DS for super duper CB ? or is 15% chance / 115s ICD a little too random? Or is BotH better as more proc means better control/regulation on the embers if BotH proc = spam CB?

3) AAAHH, you got a good point there. Actually using demo for

- Fallen protectors

-Sha of pride (aoe burst using void ray as well kinda rocks the reflection)

-Iron Juggernaut (if I got to side soak crawler mines)

(PS : my guild is at 10/14 normal)

I was for now MS demo OS destro (got confused yesterday), but at the end of the day, it’s true that I spend more and more time in destro so might as well dump haste and go mastery> crit >>>>> haste…

PS = Should have created a new thread actually:p

It might be, but snapshotting Immolate with Tempus Repit, using Rain of Fire with Tempus Repit, and Tempus Repit giving faster Incinerates and Chaos Bolts, to me, is nice.  RNG is going to make evaluating the two pretty rough. 

Yu'lon's Bite proc is crit rating, I think 11% worth.  You're going to get a LOT more bang for your buck with Breath giving you 8-10k Intellect.  It's just how you utilize trinkets. 

Fallen Protectors can be done as any spec, really.  Affliction has the highest ceiling, but it's unnecessary to defeat the encounter.  Normal Sha of Pride may allow you to aoe those Reflections, but you won't be doing that in Heroic.  Best to try to get away from things you can't do in Heroic mode if you plan on going that way.  Same with IJ...you shouldn't be doing mines...your OT should be.

1) Gotta make some calculation with TR uptime, and how much 3% crit damage would do... (Side thing : RoF is very annoying to use sometimes (bloody spoils cases...), would prefer a system like HoG's  "cast on target" :/)

2) true, BotH have a better proc for CB spam/ember dump, while YB has nice fix int but a lower proc. YB is better if you don't line up CB with procs I guess then (aka contradictory to destro's playstyle)

3) Indeed, completely true once more. Gonna go destro MS :D

On heroic IJ I do 1 mine every spawn with running 2 pallies. BoP, sac pact, BoP. Sometimes it's not feasible for OT to do all the mines. The mine damage doesn't even break through sac pact with GoSac

It's always feasible for your OT to do the mines with proper positioning and planning.  We've never had anyone other than the OT do every single mine both in our 2 normal kills and 3 heroic kills.

We sometimes have a renegade mine in the middle of nowhere due to some moron kiting borer drill too far away. Our druid can get all three fine, but our dk has problems with it.

It's always feasible for your OT to do the mines with proper positioning and planning.  We've never had anyone other than the OT do every single mine both in our 2 normal kills and 3 heroic kills.

In our kills i get 1 from the first and third spawn in the first phase, none on the second. I think it makes it easier for the OT to always have 1 get the third one. (our rogue and pally does the same thing for the other spawns/second phase) and sac pact fits perfectly in timing.

Question: Can i use the voidwalker to tank the spinning add? for some reason it seems to have an aggro table, I remember i made him attack the spinning guy once and he just stayed there without doing anything else infront of my voidwalker.

(i might have already asked this but i cant find the answer.. sorry about that)

Edited by Nyanchan

Question: Can i use the voidwalker to tank the spinning add? for some reason it seems to have an aggro table, I remember i made him attack the spinning guy once and he just stayed there without doing anything else infront of my voidwalker.

There is nothing that needs to be tanked aside from Iron Juggernaut.  Why are you using a Voidwalker?  Or was the question theoretical depending on the need for something to be tanked?

There is nothing that needs to be tanked aside from Iron Juggernaut.  Why are you using a Voidwalker?  Or was the question theoretical depending on the need for something to be tanked?

yeah, we have killed him without it, but if the voidwalker works, then that fight becomes super easy in 10 man. but i cant seem to see why it works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. Thing is, i tried it once and 3 or 4 times it got stuck on the voidwalker, and since voidwalker doesnt die from aoe it was literally invalidating 1 add completely. for 10 man is a boost imo

Siegecrafter's technology is so powerful that it is messing with our nether abilities at their core...

Been noticing my Demonic Circle is despawning long before the duration was due to expire. Double checking WoL tonight before raid. So annoying...

You don't cleave from add to add.  You cleave from add to Immerseus.  Put Havoc on Immerseus and Shadowburn small adds.

You don't cleave from add to add.  You cleave from add to Immerseus.  Put Havoc on Immerseus and Shadowburn small adds.

You can attack him when he is submerged?

That's not the important part of the fight lol...Havoc shouldn't even be used during the add phase.  Two spells kill adds.  Use Havoc during P1.

Unless you're talking about normal mode.  Just use Havoc to Conflag/Incinerate two adds.  Heroic introduces lots of cleaving opportunities.

That's not the important part of the fight lol...Havoc shouldn't even be used during the add phase.  Two spells kill adds.  Use Havoc during P1.

Unless you're talking about normal mode.  Just use Havoc to Conflag/Incinerate two adds.  Heroic introduces lots of cleaving opportunities.

Yeah only talking normal here. Our guild is 7/14.

If you have an alt that wants to raid Thu/Sun 8pm-11pm PDT, I'd love to talk to you smile.png

With a get out of bed time of 6:30am Eastern/3:30am Pacific, I never raid past 12:00am Eastern my time.  Sometimes I'll test shit from 12-1, but I never ever raid past midnight.  I get by on 5 hours of sleep, but 3 would be tough.

Believe me, I feel you on that Zagam. We raid 'til 1am Eastern (my time as well), with the same two night thing. It's real rough when I have to get up to teach the next morning after a solid raid and talking with my officers afterwards.