FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

There are advantages to both.

If you're the only lock in the raid, Destro may be good. If you've got three Destro locks in 25 man fishing for Shadowburns on the same side, you may suffer trying to use that technique. Kinda like assigning multiple healers to dispelling, whoever gets it first will get credit. I'm currently struggling with that on Siegecrafter mines, they've got 3 mil hp on 25 heroic, 20% is 600k (the large mines holding two small ones are like 1.5 mil, so 20% is 300k), with one Shadowburn they're dead. The other lock is 10 Ilvls higher and quicker at getting the Shadowburns so I decided to focus more on AoEing the mines, letting him get the majority of Shadowburns for more boss damage. I end up doing more to mines, but he does ~10% more to the boss.

If your tank pulls constantly so that you have three or four small/medium/large targets up at once then you may want to go Affliction for the Soul Swapping, heavy-hitting dot opportunity. If he is slower and only pulls one to two targets at a time may want to combo with Havoc as Destro.

Do it every week. The roar gets rid of the debuff entirely (I think), not just the snare.

If you've downed it, no sense changing your strat if you found something that works for your raid.

Are you talking about Heroic?  I can't see how Roar would get rid of that?  Seems entirely overpowered if true...you can confirm without a shadow of a doubt that a Druid's Roar removes the debuff?

Malkorok: Use a Druid's Roar to break the snare debuff and you can stack.

Wind walk totem, human trinket, unbound will etc work on it as well.

Not sure about the actually explosion debuff, but they do get rid of just the root portion

Edited by Twona

Heroic Malkorok, yes. Not beyond a shadow of a doubt, nothing is.But I do know for sure that we stack every week, and Druids roar. Nobody moves out, we just stack.

If it doesn't get rid of the AoE explosion, then it serves no purpose, but if Rak is stacking and not giving a shit, then it must remove the damage which means it removes a HUGE portion of the difficulty of the fight.  Almost all of our wipes were tank deaths because we tried having them eat that shit solo. 

Are you talking about Heroic?  I can't see how Roar would get rid of that?  Seems entirely overpowered if true...you can confirm without a shadow of a doubt that a Druid's Roar removes the debuff?

I can confirm. Druid roar, and the warrior roar that a warrior gets from symbiosis both removes the root and also removes the explosion. We use this every week to make it so we can just stack on the boss and not care.

Also, the human racial and the gnome racial does the same thing. Removes the root and the explosion.

WTF LOCKY Y U NO TELL ME THIS LAST WEEK?  Bastard. 

Also, the human racial and the gnome racial does the same thing. Removes the root and the explosion.

No more bitching about Horde racials for you, big guy.

We struggled to people having displayed some errors in judgment in positional awareness...which is fancy for saying they liked to die by standing in bad shit.  Once that was mostly resolved, we faced a lot of tank deaths by trying to rely on mitigation to have the tanks survive...

Sometimes you wonder how you just don't see these little things...

No more bitching about Horde racials for you, big guy.

Because getting to ignore one mechanic on one fight in one tier is totally the same thing as getting a free 3% DPS gain on every boss in the xpack and an extra 5% dps gain on top of the 3% on 2 other bosses in this tier.

I'M SORRY I ASSUMED YOU DID YOUR HOMEWORK ON THE BOSS!

Really though, you just said people were standing in fire and tripping on orbs. I didn't know you had deaths due to the debuff. Sorry man >.<

No worries. It's the little things I miss from patch to patch that make a big difference. That's what communities are for: "Hey uh...why are you doing this then that? Why not try that then this?" Need someone to bounce ideas off of.

Complacency is the plague I was faced with in ToT. Being the only lock, no motivation, loss of interest, etc I'm not afraid to admit I didn't know about the Imp army you could get with UVLS+Everlasting Affliction until I got shit on by another lock in my new guild. I didn't theorycraft at all that patch, didn't research any tips/tricks, just showed up to raid and pushed my Affi/Destro buttons until we needed Demo AoE for Lei Shen. Burnout may be the better term? Anyway, my drive to improve is back and it's humbling to know I don't know everything.

Speaking of encounter tricks, has anyone tried the zerg strat of H Spoils? We gave it 2 attempts during our clear last night and it seemed eextremely easy, aside from figuring out how to transport 10 people from one side to the other. Warlocks can use their portal to ignore the crane, and monks can use their.... Image teleport thing.

(source: esoteric kill video)

They did it so they could ignore sparks on one side; when they explode nobody gets hit. If Blizzard catches wind of this they'll add a mechanic where you have to have at least one person on each side or something...A spark always will hit the nearest person, not necessarily on the quadrant maybe?

Kinda like they added the 40 stack insta-wipe to Thok so you don't just bring 10 healers and stay in phase 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b27Jy1_gkXU

Edited by Rakupenda

I think it's worth mentioning for Siegecrafter Blackfuse to take GoSac if you're Destro and going on the conveyor belts. I was having a lot of trouble getting it down in time, and then I whispered Gahhda between wipes for advice and it made the world of difference. Of course, I *did* accidentally raid with my 476 scrub PvP gloves all night, a solid 1% over hit cap and all. Oops.

For anyone that is or has done conveyor belt, I noticed my gate despawns after every belt. Is it worth getting it back up once you're back in the fight or just running it out to get over there later?

Also, I need some help for Immerseus as Destro with the adds. When they spawn, I'm running trying to get to where as many are close together as I can, dropping Rain, F&B:Immo if they're close enough, Havoc + pew pew. I'm still having a hard time killing many.  When I was Demo I was easily able to get 5-8 for the first couple waves with MF+Immo Aura and ToC for ones outside that range. I haven't been taking MF as Destro since even with it RoF doesn't seem to hit that hard. Do you think it's worth taking? Anything I can do to get better at killing a lot?

Siegecrafter:

GoSac is worth it for mine damage, too (so long as you're the only Destro lock, lol). Even on 25 man the mines only have ~3 mil hp (20% is 600k). In other words: Whoever hits it first gets credit, like dispels for healing. 

GoSup is good for steadier damage below. Especially if you get targeted by laser and you run out of range of the boss/adds, your imp is still pounding on him.

Wish the BoH glyph doubled the duration, not just the charges. We already give up the availability with the longer cooldown...

Is anyone else having their portals despawn? 

I think it's worth mentioning for Siegecrafter Blackfuse to take GoSac if you're Destro and going on the conveyor belts. I was having a lot of trouble getting it down in time, and then I whispered Gahhda between wipes for advice and it made the world of difference. Of course, I *did* accidentally raid with my 476 scrub PvP gloves all night, a solid 1% over hit cap and all. Oops.

For anyone that is or has done conveyor belt, I noticed my gate despawns after every belt. Is it worth getting it back up once you're back in the fight or just running it out to get over there later?

Also, I need some help for Immerseus as Destro with the adds. When they spawn, I'm running trying to get to where as many are close together as I can, dropping Rain, F&B:Immo if they're close enough, Havoc + pew pew. I'm still having a hard time killing many.  When I was Demo I was easily able to get 5-8 for the first couple waves with MF+Immo Aura and ToC for ones outside that range. I haven't been taking MF as Destro since even with it RoF doesn't seem to hit that hard. Do you think it's worth taking? Anything I can do to get better at killing a lot?

You shouldn't be on the conveyor belt.  You should be one shotting the add when Death From Above happens.  I had a 7M+ Chaos Bolt that took the add from 90% to dead.  The rest of your raid's resources should be spent doing the conveyor belt, such as melee.  Our Rogue easily handles his objective, and our Hunter handles every other wave.

For Immerseus, I'm assuming you're doing Heroic?  If you're having ANY trouble with the adds in normal mode, I think you need to target them...in all seriousness, Havoc is a waste of time.  2 normal Incinerates or 1 Incinerate crit or a Conflag + Fel Flame gets the job done.  With Shadowfury stunning a few, no reason you can't take out 5 or 6 that are not close together at all.  If you were doing MF + Immo Aura on those adds in normal mode as Demo, you were blowing valuable Demonic Fury on a phase you could have just been using Fel Flame.  If you do Heroic, Fire and Brimstone + Rain of Fire gets the job done.  Let your tanks have aggro then pew pew in between stacks of Shadow Corruption.

Siegecrafter:

GoSac is worth it for mine damage, too (so long as you're the only Destro lock, lol). Even on 25 man the mines only have ~3 mil hp (20% is 600k). In other words: Whoever hits it first gets credit, like dispels for healing. 

GoSup is good for steadier damage below. Especially if you get targeted by laser and you run out of range of the boss/adds, your imp is still pounding on him.

Wish the BoH glyph doubled the duration, not just the charges. We already give up the availability with the longer cooldown...

Is anyone else having their portals despawn? 

You can correct your GoSup vs GoSac argument by positioning yourself so that you don't go out of range of the boss.  Suggesting a talent change to compensate for a gameplay error isn't really ideal.  Correct your position and plan your route better so that you maintain 100% uptime on the boss regardless of what is going on.

As for the Havoc duration, you really shouldn't have an issue squeezing off your cleaving spells with the generous duration.  Even if you're using all 6 charges on Incinerate (why?), you should have plenty of time.  My real question is why are you using the Glyph? 

Gateways despawn all the time.  Plan for it.  Do not ever use them as a dependency.  They should ALWAYS be a bonus.  Your personal teleport shouldn't be despawning regardless of how far away you are.  The Gateway is finnicky as always.

You can correct your GoSup vs GoSac argument by positioning yourself so that you don't go out of range of the boss.  Suggesting a talent change to compensate for a gameplay error isn't really ideal.  Correct your position and plan your route better so that you maintain 100% uptime on the boss regardless of what is going on.

As for the Havoc duration, you really shouldn't have an issue squeezing off your cleaving spells with the generous duration.  Even if you're using all 6 charges on Incinerate (why?), you should have plenty of time.  My real question is why are you using the Glyph? 

Gateways despawn all the time.  Plan for it.  Do not ever use them as a dependency.  They should ALWAYS be a bonus.  Your personal teleport shouldn't be despawning regardless of how far away you are.  The Gateway is finnicky as always.

I should double back sooner and overlap the flame, this is true. However, this is difficult to do when the three rings of fire are out and you've only got one path to kite.

I'm not using the glyph. I'm saying if it had double duration, I might consider using the glyph for the overcharged mine phases with a dozen+ mine targets (one application for 6 Shadowburns vs two applications and 30 seconds apart). 

Gateway PITA, but we try to eliminate the despawning by putting it on level ground, not in fire, etc...Glad to hear we're not the only ones. Circle doesn't have issues, but would like a longer duration.

Yeah, having to recast Circle on Sha of Pride during burn phase = annoying.  Having Gateways despawn at all is beyond frustrating.  The worst is when you outrange it and it despawns but then die, run back from your body, and the piece of shit is still there.  It's like that over-obsessive girl/boy...there when you don't want it, never there when you want it.

They never used to be like this...ever since they added/removed that stupid HP mechanic. It's as though they removed the healthbars so you can't target them anymore, but they still have hp and die from random AoE damage. Going to initiate a duel tonight see if I can get it to despawn from AoE spells.

Clickable, great idea.

Minute long debuff seems lengthy, but acceptable.

Despawn on death makes sense.

Short cast time is good for replacing during combat.

No range despawning makes sense (just like Demonic Circle)

I'm satisfied with the way they are...but make them indestructible again and/or fix whatever is despawning them.

Hi Fellow warlocks, I have some questions for you :)

1) I think I read somewhere that some locks, mostly destro having the PBoI, switched back from the legendary meta gem to the burning metagem (+3% crit damage). Can anyone confirm or is that my imagination?

2) Is 543 yulon's bite actually less valuable than a 530 Breath of the Hydra for DEMO/DESTRO?

3) I'm destro os demo, do you think the following stat prio would be correct: haste till 8094 > mastery > crit >> haste above 8094?

thks:)