FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

T16 Warlock Style - Heroic & Mythic

In this weeks try i went destro to see, I believe it is really based on ur raid composition, if your raid is having trouble downing stuff that has priority fast, then destro is the way to go. if not I believe affliction does way more by having everything dotted up all the time. Still, as destro i did ok, I was testing if its possible to use the void walker to tank the spining guy. I got mixed results, sometimes it would stay on the void for a while, but others it just ignored it. I am not quite sure why. Then again destro has better execute on the last phase where you are just ignoring the adds and shadowburning the boss. I think its just raid composition and personal choice. 

By the way, as destro on shamans, I am inclined to think that KC is much better than MF here, even tho the rain of fire kills adds super fast, being able to cast aoe incinerate while on the move is priceless in this fight with so much movement.

Even with a baller Ele Shaman and Surv Hunter, I flipped on Fire and Brimstone just to get rid of them faster.  Affliction is ok here, but there's nothing to DoT up other than your boss if you do the 3 tank method.  One boss will be 150 yards away from you and untargettable.  The important part of Heroic Shamans is the last 20%.  Destruction has 100% movement capacity with KJC and Shadowburn while Affliction has to plant its feet to cast Haunt and Drain Soul.  Destro wins this easily.

Hey guys we're gonna face Thok tonight. I run with Aff/Destro 10k haste and 15k mastery, for normal 10m, should I still switch to Demo for Thok even after nerfs? What do you suggest?

Affliction is fine.  Be prepared to spam Fel Flame during his high interrupt phases.  Demonology isn't required, especially for normal mode.

Stick with affliction for Thok, just make sure your dots are going to be up for a while, when the interrupts start getting close recast UA and then switch to fel flame until he's done throwing his interrupt tantrum. It will be less than 10 seconds of casting fel flame so you really won't lose much damage.

Fel Flame?  I just keep spamming MG and cancel it right before the silence goes off.  You can keep your MG uptime extremely high during this phase.  If you're running into trouble you can always pop Unending Resolve for interrupt free casting for the duration.

Edit:  Destruction is always reliable on this fight as well.  I thought I was Affliction going into the fight yesterday, but it turns out I was still Destruction.  Derp.  When you start up your rotation for Affliction and you noticed that you're casting Immolate, it messes with your head.  So my opener was a little shaky, *and* I got eaten and brezzed, but still my damage was respectable enough:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2mgoqxg54hjrgh0k/sum/damageDone/?s=744&e=1142

I'm going to try Destruction again on Thok next week legitimately.  You can get an incinerate+fel flame between pretty much every interrupt.

If your healers are good and keep that phase going long enough, Thok does an interrupt on the GCD.  UR and Devotion Aura are substitutes, but I've found good results pushing Fel Flame when he's spamming that garbage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ij4x3totert2t7nk/details/4/?s=5469&e=5731 last week's log using Fel Flame and Grim of Sac

Also gotta remember that MG doesn't do constant damage...it does damage in 4 ticks...if you cancel before the next tick, you wasted a bit of time.  Getting to that tick between each interrupting shout will be very troublesome.

I'm pretty sure he starts capping, but I feel we've made it to that point and I can still squeeze in Incinerates if I wait until *just* after the interrupt goes off.  I don't know how long you guys are able to push it and I can't tell how long we were able to.

And yes, MG doesn't do constant damage, but it's because it's split between ticks that makes it so awesome.  It doesn't take long to hit a tick mark, so ensuring you squeeze in ticks constantly (especially with the 2-piece) is pretty fancy.

Try going Destruction next week though on Thok.  Going to blow that shits up.

Ill be Destruction for the remainder of the raid tonight.  Going to hopefully kill Heroic Malkorok (30 attempts last night, all dumb wipes) and then clear.  I'll be GoSac for Spoils, Supremacy for Thok, Blackfuse, Paragons, and Garrosh.  The Mastery > Crit build was fun...felt dirty playing with only 17% Haste.

Ill be Destruction for the remainder of the raid tonight.  Going to hopefully kill Heroic Malkorok (30 attempts last night, all dumb wipes) and then clear.  I'll be GoSac for Spoils, Supremacy for Thok, Blackfuse, Paragons, and Garrosh.  The Mastery > Crit build was fun...felt dirty playing with only 17% Haste.

It's like every spell is one of those shots from the PvP videos back in the day.  Slow motion zoom in on the numbers followed by explosions and death metal.

I did.  It's single target for my role and I knew I'd be using a lot of Fel Flame.  To make Fel Flame do more damage than MG, I needed GoSac.  Difference is marginal, but I also enjoy the 2% HP per 5 seconds.  It's not always about DPS.

Does Soul Link still work with GoSac?

Yes. It increases your HP by 20% instead of transferring 20% damage to your pet.

(not sure on the healing part of it)

Demo is TOP single Target DPS on Malkorok , i should feel sorry about this tip, but anyways :

Room before Malkorok's Room with Skulspiltter something mob :

My Warlock(Juloroh) : Hey, they got training dummies here....Train....ing...Dummies....D..mm....DooM DooM DooM

in front of Malkorok 

My Guildies : It's  not the time to train , come on , we got a boss to down...

Me : Yeah Yeah, i'm coming,...

My Guildies : where did you get all those imps?

Me : ^^

800 k on pull(never starving on fury, soul firing all your DS uptime, Double DS+BLn and Doomguard), 280 k sustained , 544 ilvl....Could have done a lot better, 1 M at pull with 4 100% Crit Doom on 4 training dummies but my guildies would not let me have time to wait for a proc so...

Anyways , you have more than 10 training dummies there so if you are lucky with UVLS proc , you might be golden...

Oh well, the joy of playing a Demonology Warlock.

Edited by Juloroh

Does the self healing from destro fill up ur shield in this fight? Killing the adds seems to be easier as affli, but im forced to use the embertap glyph. Do you reckon destro is better?

Yes it fills your shield. Why are you "forced" to use the ember tap glyph? Both specs do fine on the fight, they have about the same +/- to them.

Yea, no reason to take that glyph, it's lame.  Only an additional 5% is rather lackluster.  As Locky said, both specs are fine.  That Demonology exploit won't last long.  THAT is an exploit.

Yea, no reason to take that glyph, it's lame.  Only an additional 5% is rather lackluster.  As Locky said, both specs are fine.  That Demonology exploit won't last long.  THAT is an exploit.

No, blizz did the same thing on Jin'Rok and didn't call it an exploit. If they do the same effing thing on TWO bosses in TWO tiers, its on them

ha, my bad, i got confused with the names, I meant the glyph of mana tap (the one that doesnt take ur health but instead places a debuff on you) if i go as affli. I only gave it a couple of tries in H but ill see how it goes on monday. thx

ha, my bad, i got confused with the names, I meant the glyph of mana tap (the one that doesnt take ur health but instead places a debuff on you) if i go as affli. I only gave it a couple of tries in H but ill see how it goes on monday. thx

Glyph of Life Tap

I was under the impression that anything tested through two PTRs, with feedback given to Blizzard and used by every Warlock of a given spec was an exploit?

I was under the impression that anything tested through two PTRs, with feedback given to Blizzard and used by every Warlock of a given spec was an exploit?

One acronym: UVLS